The Prince And His Peasant (b...

Par talesofbrightwin

Chaos happens in Kingdom Euthoria when the omega Prince, Prince Metawin, gets marked by a mere commoner who v... Plus

Details
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (m)
Chapter 26 (m+)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (m++)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39 (m+)
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 38

1.2K 131 20
Par talesofbrightwin

Joss got convicted of treason and was to be executed. But I stopped my father from doing so and banished him to Kingdom Neopatras. While that, Prince Plowden forgave Joss and took him in.

The last time I heard... Neopatras was in chaos because of the news that the Crowned Prince was in love with a criminal.

I sip on my soup as I glance at my parents. I look at Bright to find him silently chewing on some bread. Even his breathing's extremely silent. Well, it's not like I am any different. I am extra careful with my actions because I know my parents didn't call us here for no reason. They probably have something important to talk about. Either about what happened or about the future of the kingdom.

"Now we got to talk." my father breaks the ice.

I feel a chill down my spine. I am not sure why I am feeling scared. I hope it isn't anything bad.

"A-about?" I ask as if I am clueless.

"A few things." he clears his throat. "About everything." he glances at my mother.

"Yeah. We want to clear some things up. Your father and I discussed a lot and took this decision." my mother says.

I nod and keep away my utensils. Bright sits straight, looking feared to be seated with the royal family for dinner.

"I want you to attend tomorrow's official meeting with me. It's going to be the first one after the treason. All the noblemen are newly selected by me. I have a few changes to make. So... I hope you will attend." my father says.

"Oh. Yes. Of course, I will attend." I reply.

"Another thing. Viscountess Tontawan's parents aren't quite on good terms with us. So your mother will leave the palace tomorrow to clear things up. Also, I paid attention to one of your said proposals. I will work on the water cleansing project."

"That sounds good. I am glad you gave a chance to my idea, your highness." I say with a bright smile.

Then we continue eating as they don't say anything else. I feel disappointed because they didn't say a word about the throne. Who will succeed in the future? The fact they didn't bring that up only meant that they are still pending about it.

~.~

The next morning.

I balance my crown on my head and stare at my reflection in distaste.

"Heyy. Don't be like that." Bright stands next to me, and I see his reflection in the mirror. I half-heartedly smile at his reflection and shake my head.

"I am pretty much useless. I don't think they'll let me succeed to the throne. My nineteenth birthday is in four days. I am old enough, but I still feel useless. This attire and crown mean nothing. No power or anything." I say with a sullen voice.

"No. Please don't say that. You are everything. More than you know and more than you can imagine. Because no one would've done what you did. You put your life at stake to save the kingdom from treason. And so you deserve more than anyone. Today will be nothing but good news. I am sure." he holds my shoulders from behind and says. Then he leans down and sniff-kisses my cheek, making me giggle.

"You really know how to make me smile," I say.

"Obviously. Your highness is mine, so I am responsible for this beautiful smile." he tilts my head and pecks my lips.

"You sound so possessive."

"I am. Since the day I saw you, I knew I didn't want to see your highness with anyone else but me. That's why I gave you all my heart." he hugs me.

"You have my heart too. Always."

I kiss the knuckles of his right hand.

"I think it's high time we go." he reminds me of the meeting we have to attend. I agree with him, and we leave my room together toward the meeting hall. I find a generous amount of soldiers stationed outside the hall for safety.

When I walk inside, I see all the new officers waiting for my arrival and my father's arrival. They bow in respect. I nod at them and walk toward my throne, which is situated one step below my father's. I take my seat and spend a few seconds in silence. Then my father arrives, making me stand up and bow.

He walks through the hall and reaches his seat. As he walks past me, he pats my shoulder. He takes his seat, making me take my seat. The officers remain standing as we start the meeting. My father starts talking and discussing general matters. It leaves me quite anxious, wondering why he especially asked me to attend today.

As if to answer my internal questions, my father calls out someone and the doors open. Through the doors, walk in a few soldiers, including Bright. It perks my attention because I have no idea what is going on. Today's going to be a surprise show for me. I tilt my head to look at my father. He smiles in return and starts talking.

It turns out my father's idea is to give out honours and one rank promotion for the soldiers who dedicated themselves during a crucial situation. I am speechless as I watch him add a new badge to Bright's soldier attire. I am more proud when Bright glances at me, and his lips twitch to a smile upon receiving a promotion to squad leader. Well, pretty much, I knew he wouldn't disappoint me. He showed his loyalty to the point that he deserved this promotion and much more.

In fact, I thought it was going to be all. But to my surprise, my father stands up, saying that he has something important to announce.

"I've reached an important decision after discussing it with a few people. There will be a very special event two months from today. I don't want a single thing to go wrong during that event, and I want everyone's support. I will strictly expect loyalty in this instance." he says and looks at the officer who records all the things my father says.

Then he continues, "Exactly two months from today will be the coronation of my son as he will be crowned as the crown prince, as the future successor of this throne. I will accept any requests and suggestions from my fellow loyal nobilities. This meeting has reached its end."

Oh.

OH.

OH MY GOD.

What did I just hear? Did I hear it right, or did I hallucinate all that myself?

But as I grip the armrest of my throne and look at Bright, who's still standing in front of us after receiving the promotion, I know I haven't hallucinated a single thing. Everything happened for real, and I- I can't believe it.

I stare at my father without blinking till he leaves the hall through the doors. Just as he's gone, the officers line up to congratulate and greet me about the news. I absentmindedly shake hands with them while locking my eyes with Bright, who's looking at me from the sideline.

I receive all the wishes and meet Bright by the entrance of the hall, only to be engulfed in a hug. I hug him back and low-key squeal in excitement.

"I can't believe this!" I exclaim to his ears, trying my best to keep my excitement to myself.

"I can believe it. I am so damn proud of you, my prince!" he kisses my cheeks, and I blush hard till my jaws ache.

"But- but I am not sure whether all this is a dream. It's too good to be true. You got promoted, and my parents almost seem to accept you, and now- now I am going to be crowned as the crown prince!"

"I know, it's hard to believe, but you did it. I knew since the start you could do it."

"Ahh. I love you."

"I love you too, your highness. Now don't we have a story to tell in the future?" he asks.

"Hmm, of course, we do. But to whom?" I intertwine our arms and pull him out of the hall with me.

"To our children."

"But I can't be pregnant and I am betraying everyone."

"What do you mean?"

"You know. I am betraying my whole kingdom... hiding that I cannot get pregnant."

"Is that a huge thing? You know that I don't mind at all. We can adopt a kid from someone maybe-"

"That doesn't work in royalty. But no worries." I smile heartily. "We'll figure something out."

🥹Happy New Year little ones

-Sunshine👑

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

164K 9.7K 41
A vampire that falls in love with a human story but with a twist........ Win Metawin, the social outcast of his university was constantly being coerc...
100K 4.9K 19
Win spent his summer far away from the city in an attempt to fix his broken heart. Little did he know that one fateful summer could change his life f...
148K 9.5K 28
(Completed ✔) Win Metawin -- has long lost the belief in love, since his ex-girlfriend left him. Now, he cares about nothing but his five-year old so...
22.1K 2.1K 30
A marriage of deception is what Win Metawin came up with as a solution to escape his billionaire, homophobic and controlling parents. The best bride...