𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐋𝐨...

By nubianbar

𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍: 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 More

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
00
01
02
03
04
05
07
06
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐: 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭
23
24
08
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
09
33
34
31

10

856 22 5
By nubianbar

"Damn, its so hot."I mumbled to myself as I made my way to my dorm room from the library since I realised that I had an assignment due in a few days  that I completely forgot about so I had to go fetch a couple of books from the library.

I took my phone out of my pocket and looked for JR's contact details and realised that he still had not answered my message from last night about breakfast or brunch since I flaked out on him twice now.

"Princess."

I looked up to see Quincy which made me mumble a greeting before I tried to walk around him.

"Imani, please."he pleaded which made me stop before I turned to face him.

"Quincy it's too hot for this."I complained with attitude as I blankly stared at him.

"Congratulations on your win."he started off which made me nod my head.

"Thanks, bye."I responded with an awkward smile before I walked away from him.

I walked into my dorm building and stepped into an elevator.

"I really don't want any problems today."I mumbled to myself as I slipped on my air pods so I could walk straight to my room and not talk to anyone.

Once the elevator doors opened I walked straight to my dorm room and when I got there I saw Damon standing at the door which made me roll my eyes before I paused my music and grabbed my keys before I unlocked my door and placed my books on my study desk.

"Congratulations on getting a gold medal yesterday."he muttered as I crossed my arms and looked up at him, he leaned down for a kiss but I turned my head avoiding the kiss.

"Thank you. I have an assignment to do."I simply said as I grabbed my laptop from my wardrobe and placed it on my desk.

"We not going to talk about how you have been avoiding me?"he asked which made me laugh bitterly.

"I think you should already have an idea why I have been ignoring your texts and calls, Damon Sims."I sarcastically responded as I leaned back on my desk.

"Baby, I'm sorry for making you feel neglected."he said as he walked towards but I nodded my head in response.

"I accept your apology. Now leave."I responded which made him look to the side in frustration before he nodded his head and left my room, he also made sure to shut my door aggressively which made me roll my eyes as I switched on my laptop before sitting on the office chair and began to start my assignment.

Whilst typing out my assignment I was listening to Summer Walker which was probably a bad idea because it was just fueling my anger.

"And I used to be on my replacing shit
(I would) switch (switch) a nigga out so damn quick (quick)
If he ain't getting with my shit (my shit)
But it just ain't like that with you, oh, oh."
I sang to myself as I typed out my answers for the assignment.

I looked down at the time and realised that I had been working for an hour, I saved my document before I leaned back on my chair and looked up at the ceiling before I grabbed my phone to check on JR once again.

you good? I'm worried so text me soon.

I scrolled down on my phone and realised that I had multiple texts from Damon. I don't even know why I was mad at Damon because he probably had a valid reason why he was not there but when I realised that Simone was missing too it just made me put two and two together.

I looked back at my laptop before I shook my head and shut my laptop before I made my way out of the dorm room and made my way to Doctor Brown's office.

"Miss Gold Medalist."She greeted with a giggle which made me laugh before I hugged her.

"Can I come in?"I asked as I pointed towards her office with a small smile and she nodded in response.

I walked into her office and looked around which made me realise that it was quit dark and the light source was coming from outside since she had opened her blinds.

"Is there no electricity?"I asked as I looked around with a frown.

"No, There is a blackout city-wide because the heat wave burnt out the power grids."she explained which made me nod my head slowly.

"That probably means I can't get to my dorm then?"I asked myself as I looked around.

"Not if you take the long way. What's wrong sweetie? you wouldn't just come to my office."she asked as she pointed towards the chair opposite her in which I sat in once she sat down on her chair.

"I can't see my physiotherapist?"I asked as I gave her a small shrug which made her cock her head to the side with a 'really?' look which made me giggle.

"I just needed to get away from work, school, Damon."I muttered as I looked up at her and sank into my seat which made her nod her head.

"Ah, I'm guessing mostly Damon?"she asked which made me sheepishly nod my head.

"You stress him out."she joked which made me giggle as I shook my head.

"No, he is stressing me out. I wouldn't be fighting with him constantly if that was the case."I argued whilst giggling which made her laugh before rolling her eyes.

"Its fine though, men are meant to be kept on their toes. What's wrong?"she asked as she gave me a small smile.

"I feel like he's emotionally cheating on me."I blurted out as I looked up at her with a frown.

"What makes you say that sweetie?"she asked as she gave me a small smile.

"Him and Simone are really tight."I said as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"Yes, like you and your friend JR?"she asked which made me shake my head.

"No, no, no. That is very different. I don't go to the KEK house just to speak to JR. I don't even let him into my dorm room unless he wants to cry or complain."I responded as I crossed my arms.

"You're right, you should just break up with Damon. You don't seem happy."She simply said which made me look at her in disbelief.

"No, I love Damon. I'm mad at him but that doesn't mean I want to break up with him now."I admitted as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Then go speak to Damon. Being angry at him and shutting him out won't help you at all, baby. You need to speak to him, relationships aren't about the man trying to figure out what's wrong all the time you need to give him hints or at least speak to him. Damon has his own problems that he probably can't even talk to you about because you have been shutting him out."she expressed which made me cross my arms and look away from her since I was feeling guilty.

"Man, who's side are you on?"I joked as I looked back at her with a small frown.

"Yours and only yours."she responded which made me giggle before I grabbed my phone and texted Damon.

can we talk? please.

"Good."she simply said which made me giggle before I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You and my mom are alike. She does this too. You two would get along I swear to God."I joked as I got up which made her giggle awkwardly before nodding her head.

"You left early yesterday before I could introduce you to her too."I spoke as I placed my hand on my hip.

"I had an appointment, baby."she said as she laughed awkwardly.

"You okay?"I asked once I noticed that she was being awkward and tense.

"I am baby. Go talk to Damon and tell me how it goes."she said as she shooed me out her office which made me giggle before I nodded my head.

"I will come back and tell you about what else he did wrong."I joked as I stepped out of her office.

"Thank you."I muttered as I gave her a warm embrace which made her laugh before hugging me back.

"Anything for you, baby."she responded which made me look at her in confusion before I nodded my head and left.

I finally made it to my dorm building after taking the long way there and I finally reached the standard area where I asked Damon to meet me and to my surprise he was there.

"What's wrong?"he asked in concern as he looked down at me which made me shake my head.

"I want to apologise, Damon. I feel like you dating me has been so stressful for you because I am always so mad at you instead of telling you what's wrong."I admitted as I looked up at him which made him sigh heavily before he shook his head and held my hands.

"You aren't stressing me, babe. You are definitely keeping me on my toes but not stressing."he joked whilst chuckling which made me giggle.

"We can talk about this problem when the electricity comes back and once I find JR. I haven't seen him today."he muttered in concern which made me nod my head.

"I have been trying to reach him as well."I said as I grabbed my phone to check if he responded to my messages.

Once I saw Nate coming from the corner I asked her if she had seen JR and she told us that she spotted him drunk on the third floor which made us look for JR at the third floor together once we found him he had a half empty bottle of liquor and he was drunk.

"JR, we've been looking for you."I said in concern as I looked up at him and the bottle in his hand.

"Listen, man. I just found out my parents are getting divorced so I need a distraction."he slurred as he took another sip of the alcohol.

"Man, why weren't you at practice. Coach was asking about you."Damon asked as he looked at his drunk friend.

"Tell coach I quit, baseball."JR said before he walked away from us and joined a group of other drunk people.

"Baby, we just need him to cool off. There is no use talking to him whilst he's drunk out of his mind. He will be fine."I said reassuring him as I pecked his lips a couple of times.

"You're right. I haven't seen you in a while so can we just sit in your dorm and talk? Maybe even nap."he pleaded as he hugged me which made me giggle before I agreed.

"Well, have you checked the email?"I asked as I looked up at him with a small smile since he told me he contacted his adoption agency for more information on his adoption.

"No, no I haven't.

"I missed this."Damon admitted as he pulled me closer to his chest.

"What?"I asked as I watched him subconsciously fiddle with my fingers by intertwining them.

"Holding you like this. You have been mad at me for a while now."he replied which made me giggle before I grabbed my hand away from him playfully.

"It's only been a few days, Damon."I responded as I rolled my eyes at him which made him laugh before nodding his head.

"I'm sorry for not making it yesterday. I was held up by JR's dad who wouldn't stop talking about baseball then Coach Marcus came too and it became a who discussion."he explained which made me giggle at him and I also felt relieved.

"JR sent me videos of the entire thing. You did so well, baby."he said as he looked down at me and puckered up his lips playfully which made me peck his lips a couple of times which slowly became a make out session in a second.

"I need to call JR's dad and tell him about JR or something."he mumbled in a worried tone which made me nod my head.

"You should go do that otherwise you'd never leave this dorm room."I admitted which made him chuckle before he left the dorm room.

I sat there for a while and thought about what Doctor Brown was saying about doing anything for me, I grabbed my phone and looked at the time before I made the journey back to her office once again but when I got there she seemed like she was talking to someone so I just waited a while outside her office.

"What was I supposed to do, Diane? Cancel the appointment and ignore her? Did you see the bruise she had?"Doctor Brown spoke loud enough for me to hear which made me lightly place my ear on the door so I could hear the conversation.

"I didn't tell her anything."She responded sharply I realised that she was on the phone since I didn't hear the second person talking.

"She's my daughter! You just took my daughter away from me because you and mom thought it was a good idea since I was young. You are lucky I even kept my mouth shut."She angrily spat which made me knock on the door lightly.

"W-who is it?"she immediately asked.

"Imani."I responded which made her hang up the phone and come to the door immediately.

"Hey baby. You spoke to Damon already?"she joked as she gave me a small smile.

"Yeah but he went to go look for JR because he is having a bit of an issue right now. Are you okay? I heard you yelling."I responded as I gave her a comforting smile.

"I'm good, I'm good. Do you need anything? Do you want to come in?"she asked which made me shake my head.

"I will get out of your hair. You sounded like you were busy before I arrived."I mumbled awkwardly before I shrugged my shoulders and turned so I could leave.

"Wait. Imani."She called out as she stepped out of her office which made me turn to face her in response.

"You are my daughter."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.5K 10
What if..someone became the same parasite that was fresh? Not as the skeleton, but the parasite, the thing is, when this parasite gets memories of an...
4.1K 76 1
Maia and James both have one thing in common--- bad relationships! Their enduring singledom leaves them subject to the judgment of their meddling fam...
202K 6.2K 26
A 20 year old Anastasia is a feisty young woman. She lives alone but has friends coming out of her ears. She is one of those down-to-earth sort of pe...
8.3K 878 8
عيناهما تشابكت مع بعض معلنة حرب التحديق .. خضرائها الشرسة ضد ظلمة عينيه الباردة ... كنيران لاهبة تصارع جبالا جليدية لا تعرف الانصهار.. "صحيح ان حبك م...