CHROMA (HS)

By hsdiaries

CHROMA: the purity of a color; it's freedom from white or grey. Maia Drew grew up within the walls of Madison... More

Chapter 1: Maia
Chapter 2: Spinning Out Waiting
Chapter 3: Getting Somewhere
Chapter 4: Laughable
Chapter 5: Just Ten More
Chapter 6: Charades & Fun
Chapter 7: Strongly Dislike
Chapter 8: Maia's Grand MSG Tour
Chapter 9: Something
Chapter 10: Chroma
Chapter 11: Ice Rink in September
Chapter 12: Don't Leave
Chapter 13: Maia & Harry
Chapter 14: One Way or Another
Chapter 15: Are You Ready to Take It?
Chapter 16: Scale of 1 to 10
Chapter 17: Mine
Chapter 19: Falling in Love
Chapter 20: Mistake
Chapter 21: I Get It
UPDATES
Chapter 22: Thank You
Chapter 23: You Don't Have To Say It
Chapter 24: Maia's Grand Tour Expansion
UPDATE
NEW STORY UPDATE
ALMOST YOU
sneak peek : upcoming book
house of stone : coming soon
NEW BOOK LIVE

Chapter 18: No

2.1K 38 3
By hsdiaries

I paced around the outside of my dads office. I didn't know how I was going to tell him. Especially since I had made the decision to go regardless of what he said. I kept pacing back in forth until I heard him say my name, causing me to jump up.

He laughed and raised an eyebrow at me, "I didn't mean to scare you, you alright?"

"Yeah, sorry, just caught up in my thoughts. Um, can I talk to you before you leave for the day?" I said, crossing my arms in front of me to keep me from fidgeting too much.

"Of course, come on, let's head inside." I nodded and was relieved when I peeked down the hall, to see Vance did get my text.

I smiled small at him and he hurried over, my dad looking between us, "So, a family meeting?"

"Uh, kinda. He's just here for, support I guess." I bit my lip and looked down walking past my dad into the office.

We all took our seats, my dad behind his desk, Vance and I across from him.

I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, "So obviously, you know I....I appreciate...." I stopped shaking my head. I couldn't stop the tears that started falling. I wiped them quickly.

"Maia, sweetie, you know you can tell me anything." He adjusted himself in his seat leaning over. I searched his eyes, before glancing over at Vance. He reached across and held my hand as I turned back to my dad.

"I uh, I got offered a job." I said quietly.

"Oh, where?"

"With Harry, to be Lloyd's second, during the LA residency and all of Latin America, Asia, and everywhere after that." I said softly. My dad stared at me with a blank expression. His eyes going to Vance then back to me.

"You know, I want nothing more than to be a traveling concert photographer. And this would give me the experie—No." he said interrupting me.

"What?" I said softly.

"No, Maia. This isn't a good idea. He's only inviting you because you both are in this fling of a relationship."

"Dad, that's not true. He knows this is what I want to do, this would give me the exper—No, Maia Drew I said, no. What happens when he breaks your heart? When he fires you because he doesn't want to see you? That's what's going to happen! That's all pop stars like him want, a temporary piece of the pie until they get their fill."

"Jared! That's your daughter you are talking about." Vance said, scooting forward in his seat.

"Exactly. So I know what I'm saying. I'm protecting her." My dad said raising his voice at Vance.

"Protecting me from what dad? Possible heartbreak? That could happen even if he stayed here." I said letting go of Vance's hand.

"The answer is no Maia!" He said, his voice almost a yell.

I leaned forward, my voice stern, "I didn't come here to ask for permission. I'm almost thirty, I came here to inform you. That this is my two weeks notice, and I'll have it in your email by tonight."

"You won't have a job anymore. You won't have a home to come back to. If you leave you will have to fend for yourself. You want to be an adult, then you'll act like one."

"Jared, think about—Vance I'm sorry but this is my daughter. Please stay out of this."

I felt my eyes widen, and I instantly turned to Vance. I could see the hurt in his eyes, as he took a long dragged out breath. Standing up slowly, "Right. I'll be in my office." He leaned down and kissed my head before walking out of my dads office.

"You're an asshole dad. He helped you raise me. I'm just as much his kid as I am yours." I let the tears fall, I felt my breath continue to get caught in my chest as I mustered the courage to say the next part, "Just know, if you make me choose, in this way, you'll never see me again dad. I gave up so much for you. I gave up studying abroad for you. But I will never be the replacement for mom. I will never be stuck in one place. You'll have to face being lonely if you don't try and make a life for yourself that is more than just me and MSG." I bit my lip and shook my head as I stood up. I quickly made way out of the room and looked down both ends of the hallway, unsure of where to go.

Harry's POV

I couldn't help but search for her in the crowd. I kept glancing at Lloyd and he would just shrug every time. I knew she was talking to her dad today before the show, and when she didn't show up to my dressing room I began to stress.

I kept forgetting lyrics, and tripping over myself. I was happy when the show was finally over, quickly making my way backstage.

Lloyd finally came to the back and I pushed my hair back with both my hands, "So no idea at all?"

"No mate, I tried texting her right when you went on." Lloyd said, the same worried expression on his face.

"I hope I didn't pressure her too much." I pinched my lower lip, sitting on the couch in my dressing room.

There was a soft knock on the door, and I peeked my eyes up, seeing Vance standing in the doorway, "Hey Harry, great show by the way."

"Oh thank you Vance! Did you watch?" I smiled, standing up and walking over to give him a small hug, "Sorry, sweaty." I laughed and he hit my chest softly.

"It's fine. And no, well yes, just the end. I was hoping to catch Maia. But I didn't see her come back?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"She wasn't there, I shot by myself." Lloyd said.

"She never met me before the show." I said softly and I could see the worry in Vance's face, "Did the conversation happen?"

Vance nodding, biting his lip and I now realized where she got that habit from, "It did, but, there wasn't much conversation. I don't know how she's doing with it all. I know she's not at home, she wouldn't go there. She would come to me, but I've been here. So I thought, maybe she would be with you."

I pinched my lip and looked at Lloyd then back at Vance, when suddenly it hit me, "I know where she is. I know...I'll be back, or, Vance, what time do they finish locking everything up?"

"Probably around two?" He said and I nodded, leaving without another word. I ran down the halls, trying to retrace the steps that Maia showed me until I found the hall I was looking for. I walked to the last room, and pushed the door open slowly. There she was, Pride and Prejudice opened up on her chest, her body curled into a small ball, she slept so peacefully. I walked over and squeezed myself next to her, closing the book carefully and placing it on the bookcase.

She woke as I did, slightly scared, but the moment she saw it was me, I saw the tears come. I understood the tears without explanation, and I hated that I was the root of them. I pulled her close to me and just held her letting her cry it out. She clung tightly to me, and I kissed the top of her head.

After a few minutes she wiped her face and whispered, "I'm still going. I don't care anymore."

"Maia. Honey, we can—No, Harry. I'm going." She sniffled and I held her tighter.

"Can I at least know what he said?"

She sat up and looked at me, he lower lip so red and chewed up, I ran my thumb softly over it and she kissed it, "If I left, I couldn't come back to work, and I had to find my own place. That you were just using me as a form of satisfaction, that you would eventually get over."

She looked down and shook her head, "He would rather hurt me than support me. All because he doesn't want to be alone."

The tears came again and I felt my heart break at the sight of her. "Maia, baby, I'm sure that's not it, come here." I quickly pulled her close again.

"It is, he did the same thing before. I can't let him win again. Even if I don't speak to him anymore. He needs to learn." She said through her tears, and I decided it was best to just stay quiet for now. To just hold her. We had six days between today and the last show. It was plenty of time to somehow fix all of this.

I held her for a good hour. We just laid there in silence, eventually I made sure she text Vance that she was fine, and she did.

"Can I spend the night?" She said, rubbing her nose softly.

"Of course, Maia Drew. I could never say no to you." I smiled, holding her face to which she turned her cheek into.

"Thank you Harry. Oh, and this is for you." She said, moving from my hold and out of the bookshelf pulling out what I knew was the contract.

I opened it and on the bottom with todays date was her signature. Her initials everywhere they should be.

"Maia...I think we should—Harry. Please." She looked at me with eyes carrying something behind them I had never seen from her before, and I just nodded. Knowing I couldn't fight her on this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738K 45.1K 110
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
37.5K 915 21
Make sure to read the first two books before this one! Maggie & Harry have been through every rollercoaster possible together in a span of seven mont...
1M 56.9K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
52M 1.6M 63
[#1 Teen Fiction | #1 in Romance] Bad boy Luke Dawson is stuck living with clumsy nobody Millie Ripley for the summer. When she ran over his most p...