White flag, (Austin Moon X OC)

By harrysgrapejuiceeee

Ruby Henderson, Ally's cousin. Has been working at Sonic Boom for almost two years since she moved to Miami t... More

Rockers and Writers
The one with the new gift pt.1
The one with the new gift pt.2
Daddy issues
Idk what to title this
The Breakup
Paradise On Earth
Campfire nights
1 year later
Happier
Brutal

Another day at the beach

374 9 5
By harrysgrapejuiceeee

Flashback
Both of Ruby's parents stood across from each other in the living room fighting at 3 in the morning, not knowing that their nine year old daughter was standing at the doorway, wondering why her mom and dad were fighting again.

"You always made me aware of what I was doing wrong! How I was falling short! Life with you is joyless!" Her dad yelled making the girl jump back slightly at his tone.

Her mom glared as tears filled her eyes.

"What? So you had to go and fuck someone else?!" She yelled.

"You shouldn't be upset that I fucked her, you should be upset that I had a laugh with her!" He yelled.

"Do you love her?!" She yelled.

"No. But she didn't hate me. You hated me!"

"You hated me! You fucked somebody we worked with!" She said.

"You stoped having sex with me in the last year! I never cheated on you!"

"That was cheating on me!"

"But there's so much I could've done! I was a director in my 20s who came from nothing and suddenly I'm on the cover of a magazine! I was hot shit and I wanted to fuck everybody and I didn't! And I loved you and I didn't want to lose you, but I'm in my 20s! And I didn't want to lose that too and I kinda did! And you wanted so much so fast! I didn't even want to get married or have a kid!" He yelled.

"Fuck it! There's so much I didn't do!"  He yelled again.

"Thanks for that!" Mom said.

"Your welcome!" He said.

"I can't believe I have to know you, forever!" She yelled.

Dad hit the wall creating a hole.

"You're fucking insane! And you're fucking winning!" He yelled.

"Are you kidding me?! I wanted to be married and have our beautiful daughter! I already lost! You didn't love me as much as I loved you!" She said.

"What does that have to do with anything?" He asked.

She stared at him in disbelief.

"What?!"

"You're so merged with your own selfishness, you don't even identify it as selfishness anymore!" She stated.

"You're such a dick!" She yelled.

"Everyday I wake up and I hope you're dead! Dead like I hope you get an illness or fucking get hit by a car and die!" He snapped.

The room went silent as the tension rose and he cried in frustration on the floor while she stood there trying to take in what was just said.

He then got up and went outside, slamming the door behind him.

The cries of their daughter were heard soon after. Her mom whipped her head around with wide eyes to the child in the corner, realizing she heard and saw everything.

Ruby sat there with her eyes shut and hands to her ears and her knees to her chest as she tried to block out the noise while saying 'please make them stop' to herself.

"Oh honey." Her mother said as she scooped the child up into her arms. The girl clung to her tightly.

"I don't like it when you guys fight." She said. Her mom sighed and rubbed her back as she tried to hold back her tears to stay strong for Ruby.

"I know, I'm sorry baby I am. It's going to be okay sweetheart." She said as the child cried on her shoulder.

"And you know what, not every man is like your father, not every man will you treat you badly. There's always one man out of a million that is going to love and treat you the way you deserve and I want you to remember that." She said as she set Ruby down on her lap once they got to her room and sat on her bed.

"But I always want you to remember this. You should never let a man tell you what to feel, think, or say because you are your own person who is strong, talented, beautiful, and powerful. And you don't need a man to remind you of those things." She said. Ruby listened intently. 

"I love you mommy." She said as she laid her head on her mom's chest.

Her mom pouted and rubbed her back as she hugged her.

"I love you too sweetheart. More then you'll ever know." She said.

They then spent the night watching movies, eating popcorn, ice cream, pillow fights, basically like any chic flick sleepover ever.

End of flashback.

*Ruby's pov*

Austin shook me lightly, waking me from my daydream.

"You okay?" He asked her. I smiled and nodded even though I was in fact, not okay.

He pouted.

"Oh come on, it's going to take more than a fake smile and nod to get me to believe that nothing's bothering you babe." He said as he pulled me closer to him.

I sighed taking in his scent.

"I'm sorry, it's just very personal. Today's the anniversary of the day my dad walked out." I said as I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest.

"You can talk about it if you want, I'm not going to force you." He said as he sat next to me and put his arm around me.

I then explained what had happened the day he walked out.

He looked stunned.

"Wow. He really wished she was dead?" He asked. I nod.

"Mmhm. And he never apologized. And but ever since that night at Ray's, mom has been trying to get a restraining order because he keeps on showing up at her house with overly obsessive gifts. And he's been creating fake social media accounts to DM me asking if I want to go out for brunch or something." I said.

"Why haven't you answered?"

"Are you kidding? I'm not giving that man the time of day. Not again." I said. We sat there in a comfortable silence.

The doorbell then rang. I got up to see who it was when Ally walked downstairs with messy hair and her pajamas.

"I'll get it." She yawned.

Austin grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap.

"What's up!" Trish said as she and Dez walked into the room.

"Hey." I said as Dez jumped across the couch and she sat at the kitchen table.

"You guys ditched us last night, left me with this idiot." Trish said.

"Hey!" Dez defended.

Last night, we all went to the arcade and ate pizza, we basically just went out and did a bunch of fun stuff. But Ally's dad came and picked her up because he needed her at the store, and Austin and I got into our very first argument so we had to leave to cool off.

But we made up when he came over later that night standing in the rain dressed up with a picnic basket and flowers while his hair was wet apologizing.

And since then we have not left each other's sight and grasp all morning.

"You guys seem happy, much better than last night." Dez said.

Austin sighed.

"Yeah I caved and apologized first." He said.

"Because I wasn't going to, I apologized later though." I said.

He pulled me closer and kissed my neck. I laid my head on his and started playing with his hair.

"Anyway, what should we do today?" Ally asked.

"Well, it's hot outside, today's our day off, and I heard that the waves are awesome!" Austin said.

"Okay and? What does that have to do with anything?" Dez asked.

"He means we should go to the beach honey." I said. He then nodded as the others cheered.

They all then left to go get dressed and ready.

I went upstairs to mine and Ally's bedroom to see Ally walking out of the bathroom ready to go.

I went to my closet and picked out my bathing suit, I then went to the bathroom and got ready.

My bikini-

I put on some sandals and slipped on some shorts and one of Austin's shirts. I then grabbed my things and we left.

"Is that my shirt?" Austin asked as he met up with the group and I. I gave my bag to Ally.

"Yes it is."

"Can I have it back?"

"Not a chance." I said before trying to walk away.

But before I could he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me into the air. I sigh as he sets me on his shoulder.

"You better not let me fall idiot." I said. His hand gripped my thigh.

"I would never do such a thing." He said as he smiled and kissed my knee, laughing at the time he actually did drop me and I hit my knee on the corner of our kitchen table.

I roll my eyes and take his baseball cap off and put it on my head. 

"Hey guys let's go set up over there." Trish said as she pointed to an empty spot.  We walked over and set up our umbrellas.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go get some ice cream? What do you guys want?" I asked as I stood up and took off my clothes, revealing my bikini. Austin's mouth dropped.

He's never seen me in this one.

"Vanilla." Ally said.

"Chocolate." Trish said.

"Rocky road." Dez said.

"I'll go with you, but I want cherry." Austin said as he got up and walked with me.

Once we got to the line, Austin realized and went back to get his money.

"And what is your name foxy?" A random guy standing behind us asked.

I turned around to see him looking me up and down.

"I seriously hope you aren't talking to me because of so, ew." I said as I turned around.

"Aw come on! Give me a chance." He said as he got closer to me, putting a tight grip on my hips as he pushed his front to my back.

I gasped and throw his hands off of me harshly and turn around.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I snapped before bitch slapping him.

"And that better be your phone in your pocket you disgusting pig!" I said before grabbing a water bottle from the girl in front of me and throwing the water in his face.

"Ah, feisty. Just how I like em." He said as he moved closer to me.

"You move one step closer and I swear to god I will cut your balls off and feed them to you, partner." I said.

He held his groin but laughed as if I were joking.

"Oh you wouldn't do such a thi-." I kneeled him in his stomach, then his groin making him fall to the floor.

I then grabbed the hem of his shirt and picked him up off of the sand and grabbed his wrist.

I twisted his arm and brought it behind his back, almost breaking his arm making him cry out in pain.

I put my hand tightly on the back of his neck and lead him towards the ocean. Once we got to the ocean I threw him in the shallow end. I then straddled his back twisted his arm again, and grabbed his hair, lifting his head off the ground to look at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't hear you bitch! What?!" I shouted.

I got no answer, just a stare full of pain and fear.

"Exactly." I said before shoving his face in the wet sand and leaving. But before I left I kicked him so hard in the dick that there is no way he'll be having kids now.

Austin came back, clearly missing what just happened as he was holding our ice cream.

"What happened?" He asked as he looked at the guy.

I gently grabbed his face so he could look at me instead.

"Ice cream now, questions later." I said before grabbing Trish, Ally's, and Dez's ice cream and walking ahead of him.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"Questions later darling." I said as I put my sunglasses on and he met beside me.

"Ruby, what happened and what did you do?" He asked.

"Ice cream and beach day now, questions later. Don't worry what I did wasn't lethal." I said.

"That just makes me want to ask more questions." He said.

*at sunset, still at the beach*

Austin and Dez had went into one of the beach shops, leaving me and my girls to talk.

"So, Ruby, why were you beating up that guy when we got here?" Trish asked.

I roll my eyes and put my dr.pepper down.

"Because he assaulted me in the line for ice cream when Austin went to get our money. He actually catcalled me and put his front to my ass, and I just really hope that what I felt in his pocket was just his phone and not a boner." I said, we all shivered in disgust..

"I swear men are gross. All of them." Trish said. I admired Austin from afar. He was trying on sunglasses with Dez and they were acting all goofy like they always do.

Gosh I'm so lucky.

"Yeah that's true, I got lucky though." I said.

"You really love him don't you?" Ally said with a smile.

I glance at her then back to him.

"I really do." I said with a sigh.

They mocked me. My mouth drops in offense.

"What?" I asked.

"Girl you are smitten." Trish said. I rolled my eyes as Ally agreed.

"You guys are ridiculous. I am not smitten, I am in love." I said.

"That's the same thing as smitten dummy." Ally said.

I make a face.

"Oh yeah, you're right." I said.

"Although I love talking about my relationship, that seems like all we ever do these days. So can we talk about something different?" I asked.

They nodded.

"If you could be any ice cream flavor what would you be?" Ally asked.

"Vanilla." I said.

"Vanilla? you basic bitch. I'd be pistachio." Trish said.

"Because no one likes you." Dez chimed in as he and Austin joined in on our conversation.

Trish gasped and we all laugh at the comment.

"I love you, but no one likes pistachio." I said as I was holding my stomach from laughing so hard it hurt.

"You guys are mean." She said before laughing with us.

I get up and walk closer to the shore.

I then walk along the side and stare up at the sunset as I cross my arms and admire it.

The sky was a beautiful color of orange with hints of pastels. It was like the sky was giving me one last goodbye before it turned dark, and hope that it would come back the next day if that makes sense.

I pull out my phone and take a picture sending it to Austin.

My moon🌙🌠

Me: look how pretty

My moon🌙🌠: turn the camera around and it will be prettier

I look up from my phone and smile at him, giddy inside from the comment. I look up to see him already looking at me with loving eyes. 

I walk up to them and set my phone down.

"Come on let's go walk." I said.

"Actually, I gotta go. My dad called said he needs me home right this minute." Dez said as he got up and left.

"Dad called me, said he wants me to watch the store while he goes to pickup mom from the airport." Ally said.

"I just wanna go to bed." Trish said. They all left.

"Welp, I guess that just leaves me and you then." He said.

"Aw darn." I said jokingly. He pulled me down into his lap and grabbed another towel.

He then wrapped me in a towel burrito.

"Mine." He said as he peppered my neck with kisses. I giggle because it tickles. 

"I love you." I said when he paused and we made eye contact.

"I love you." He said before we smiled into a kiss.

He then took my towel off and covered us with a huge blanket.

I straddled him as we made out, clearly not caring about who was watching.

His hands then went to to back of my bikini.

I pulled away.

"Not here darling." I said. He moved his hands to mine and nodded before kissing my knuckles.

"Wanna go back to my place? My parents are on vacation." He said with a wink.

We did end up going back to his place.

We did some stuff, and older kids, ik yk what I'm talking about ;)

And younger kids, forget I said anything.

Authors note-
Hey guys! Sorry it has taken me literally forever to update but I'm back! The reason why I was not updating was bc I was having major writers block and just didn't have any motivation to write anymore but now I will be updating more frequently! I decided that 2023 is going to be my year to get back into writing and I hope you can forgive me for taking so long to update. Not only have I had writers block, I've also been busy with school, band, and some personal stuff as well.

But hopefully I will be able to update more often now so expect more chapters soon! Also I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 11.7K 45
π’šπ’π’– π’“π’†π’‚π’π’π’š 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 π’‡π’Šπ’“π’”π’• π’†π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ... 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐧 𝐦𝐒𝐝𝐝π₯𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐨𝐨π₯, 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲 οΏ½...
7.4K 165 36
*Sequel to From Fantasy To Reality.* Jessa and Ross are now dating and things couldn't be better, until Jessa gets called home from tour for a family...
3.6K 34 10
Rocky has to go to Florida for two weeks to visit his dying grandmother. While he's gone, Lucy starts to fall into a depression because she misses hi...
10.7K 281 23
I am Kellin's sister Acacia. Me, my brother, and his band are on warped for the first time. The past few months I've been going through tough times b...