Mistclan's Infamous Rival

By HawkstarTheHero

This is the story of one of Mistclan's greatest enemies, Firestar. You shall know how she became our enemy, a... More

A Seemingly Harmless Kit
New Apprentices, New Trouble
The Fiery-Tempered Apprentice
New Warriors Arise
The Histrionic Combat

A Battle in the Midst of Romance

47 3 9
By HawkstarTheHero

         It was a peaceful, misty, and quiet new-leaf day while the wind billowed around, cutting through the dense mist that almost always inhabited the Mistclan camp. Recently, a new tom, Mudtail that was a light brown and darker brown striped cat joined. Like with most toms, there was a shecat flirting over him. And that was none other than, Firefur.

         Firefur strutted over to Mudtail, and purred,"Heyyy, Mudtail, how are you?"

        "Erm, greetings, Firefur," he awkwardly replied,"I'm doing great, um thanks."

          "Wonderful! Wonderful! Wanna go on a hunting patrol together?!"

            "Huh, wait, what?" Mudtail, the introverted cat meowed in response to the unexpected outburst."Yes, I guess, Firefur."

             Firefur bounced almost like a kit,"Great! Follow me, follow me!" Mudtail padded slowly after Firefur as she bounded out of the camp exit.

              At least she's out of my fur. Hawkstar thought gratefully. Then she scented the distinctive scent of Shadestorm. She abruptly turned.

             "Oh, um, er..."

             "Hey Hawkstar," Shadestorm chuckled,"How are you?"

             "I'm great thanks, you?"

             "I'm good."

              "So..."

               "So..."

                Hawkstar laughed in amusement as she thought of something to say,"Firefur sure is flirting with Mudtail."

                "Yep," Shadestorm snorted,"She's really a pawful to some poor cats, I sometimes feel quite sorry for Mudtail. Well, actually always."

                  Hawkstar chuckled at Shadestorm's outspokenness."Well, I have to agree with that." The leader's eyes glimmered as she was about to lap Shadestorm's ear.

                "HAWKSTAR!"

                "Wha-what?!"

                A lithe ebony black and light cream shecat sprinted in Hawkstar's direction with full acceleration. Then she panted,"Hawkstar!" "There are four  foxes in the forest!Longtail, Redskull, and I were trying to fight them off, but we need help! Please, please help us!"

               "I will," Hawkstar meowed then yowled louder,"Mistclan, follow! Dustpelt, lead the way." Dustpelt darted off into the undergrowth, leaving verdigris ferns and tawny brambles trembling wildly. Then several Mistclan cats darted hurtled out, flattening many clumps of foliage. The adrenaline pumped in Hawkstar's blood as she bounded, seemingly swooping like a hawk as she glided and ducked under fronds of vegetation with gracefulness with her clan behind her. Her clan practically flew onto the clearing as she faced 5 foxes with some of her clan (about 10 cats behind her).

                Hawkstar lunged on top of a fox, gliding her claws across it's back and shredding flurries of clumps of it's auburn pelt. The fox yowled and whipped it's head, it's faint amber eyes blazing with bellicose. The leader dodged just in time, but as she dodged, her clanmate, Shadestorm, lunged, trying to protect her and he got caught in the jaws of the fox. The fox violently shook him, making him gag as the creature slang him to the jagged-sharp stones.

           "Shadestorm, NO!"

            He was a practically motionless lump of scraggly fur.

            "S-Shadestorm.. you can die like this.. please, I- I loved..."

             "I know Hawkstar, but sometimes cats have to die," Shadestorm rasped in a barely audible voice,"But I have to tell you I lo-..." His head plopped motionlessly onto the floor.

            "NO!" the blood roared in her ears as Shadestorm's head drooped,"You can't die, you just, just can't!" She shoved him with a paw repeatedly.

             "I'm sorry, but there's still foxes to fight, we need to bury him later.." A cat meowed urgently.

              Hawkstar didn't care about what the cat said. She didn't even care who was speaking to her or about the battle. All she wanted was revenge. Pure revenge. For Shadestorm. For the cat she loves, or, had  loved. She shouldered the cat brusquely away, charging bloodthirstily towards the fox.The leader then lunged as she measured the distance, rotating 360 degrees, aiming for the fox's throat and perforating her claws into it. The fox made a furious growl, shaking its head. As the amber fox shook its head, Hawkstar swung her body, landing onto the fox's back again. Her claws pummeled into its neck as her clan fought beside her. Ghosteye, Ashcloud, Poppyleaf and many more they all fought side by side. All by themselves. Many cats yet one force, united, as Mistclan. Hawkstar soon noticed the fox slump down, lifelessly and she leaped off. Finally, she took in that the battle was over, and realized how hard she fought. The leader's pelt was smeared with gashes and streaks of blood, she was panting, and her claws were clogged with orange fur. Hawkstar took a lengthy, deep breath as she stared at the blood-strewn clearing. Then her eyes locked on a cat with a sinister smile as she gazed at the blood. Was that...Firefur..? Then suddenly her eyes locked with the cat. The menacing she-cat quickly glanced away then Hawkstar did the same. With another sigh she mustered up all of her courage to assemble her camp and lead them back to camp along with carrying Shadestorm. As she looked around she saw another dead cat, Mudtail. Hawkstar gave a sigh as cats picked him up.

        "Mistclan, TO CAMP!" she yowled as her cats gathered.

         Dustpelt asked, "Do you want help with carrying Shadestorm?"

          A lump fell in her throat as she thought about Shadestorm being dead."No, t-thats fine... I can do it myself."

          "Alright, I guess."

           She slide Shadestorm's stocky body onto her broad shoulders and she trudged to camp along with her clanmates. Then Firefur trotted next to her.

           "Well, everyone needs to die eventually, he was a mouse-brain anyway." Firefur despicably gave a small smirk.

           It took all of the strength that Hawkstar had not to just swiped her muzzle. Her teeth gritted because she didn't want to say anything she'd regret saying. She gave a sigh and just simply prowled away, hissing under her breath.

             Once everyone got to camp and buried Shadestorm, Hawkstar was isolated in her lonely den. Everything was silent; the rambling elders, the energetic warriors, Jaywing that usually had to shuffle through her herbs before she slept, just everything. Yet despite the eerie silence she had a hunch that a cat was watching her, so slowly she turned around, noticing yellow eyes glance then disappear into the darkness. Those unique yellow eyes were none other than Firefur's she just knew it. Hawkstar ventured out and saw Firefur.

         "What is it."

          "I needed to tell you, I am feeling like I do not want to be in this clan, thus I'm leaving." Hawkstar couldn't believe what she was hearing, the cat she saved as a kit wanted to leave.

           As much as she didn't like Firestar she asked,"Why are you leaving?" 

           "Because you and the warriors all hate me, duh?" 

          "That's because you've been rude-" 

           "Whatever, I know that they and you don't like me."

            She remembered several times that Firefur was snappy to kits, elders, and just about anyone. "Well you should've been nicer."

            "I shall leave and form a clan, Windclan, and I shall be Firestar. My revenge shall not disappear until Mistclan shall be destroyed."

             "You're really flipping out over-"

             She was gone. The ferns rustled as she disappeared in the exit. Despite Firefur, or now Firestar's weakness, she knew inside that somehow, someday Firestar would try to destroy Mistclan, but she'd make sure that wouldn't happen. Somehow, Hawkstar just knew it as the sun setted, creating a blood-like appearance on the river.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 32K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
103K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
561K 8.6K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1M 25.5K 24
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...