๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท

By SacredsStories

Theseus and NightCrawler are the 17th Districts most notorious vigilantes, having escaped the grip of capture... More

Chapter 1 - Humble beginnings
Chapter 2 - The Interviews
Chapter 3 - The Fruits Of Our Labor
Chapter 4 - No One Said Internship Would Be Easy
Chapter 5 - Something . . .
Chapter 6 - Just Out For Patrol
Chapter 7 - New Discovery
Chapter 8 - Uh Oh...
Chapter 9 - Treading Dangerous Waters
Chapter 10 - Nothing. . .
Chapter 11 - Bonding Experience
Chapter 12 - The Alchemist
Chapter 13 - Cold Hands, Dark Snow
Chapter 14 - Chaos Reigns
Chapter 15 - Everything...
Chapter 16 - Confrontation
Chapter 17 - Black Swan
Chapter 18 - A Subtle Realization
Chapter 19 - Strings of Suspicion Untangled
Chapter 20 - All At Once. . .

Chapter 21 - Untimely Reunion

436 13 17
By SacredsStories

It's a quiet night when the hero Zephyrus retires his shift, leaving the building with a wave to the desk attendant and a light flutter of feathers. He has a goal tonight, as he heads to the 17th district of the city. His stride is purposeful yet calm and his attitude a light one. If Techno's notes are correct, and they usually are, his particular group of vigilantes should be out patrolling tonight. Deciding to take the quick route, and with a list of inquiries, he takes to the sky and heads out in the direction of his charge. He has a few questions about them, and he would like to confront them himself. Hell knows Techno would be too honest and Wilbur would be too eager. They're kids. This type of questioning needs a dad's touch, and considering the fact that one of them is a fledgling, he's sure he can do this no problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"FUCK!" Theseus screamed, sure it wasn't the first time he'd been clipped by a bullet, but that doesn't make it any less painful. He kneeled over to look at the wound on his leg, it wasn't anything too bad, but it still hurt like hell.

"Theseus, look out!" He looked up just as NightCrawler decked the guy with the gun aimed at his head in the face, effectively knocking him out cold. She nursed her wrist a little bit, looking down at him as Ranboo and Stinger walked over, having tied up the other thugs and put them against a wall.

"You good man?" Ranboo asked, holding out a hand to help him up. He took it, pulling himself up with the help of his companion.

"Just got clipped, 's nothing too bad. I'll be fine." Theseus replied, and Ranboo gave him a look, eyes trailing down to his leg as he scanned it over, debating on whether or not to believe him. He seemed to mull it over for a moment before speaking up.

"Alright, should still wrap it when we get back though."

"I know, I know. I promise I will big man."

NightCrawler looked around for a moment, having thought she heard the familiar sound of flapping wings, her ears flicking back and forth, the confused look on her face obscured by her mask. "What was that..?"

Stinger looks up from examining Theseus' leg to make sure he wasn't hit somewhere fatal or to make sure he wasn't going to make himself bleed to death by overworking himself. "What was what? Did one of them get away?"

His wings buzz excitedly. "Do I get to do a high-speed chase?!"

Zephyrus, or, Philza (Mine)Craft, as he is right now since he's not technically working at the moment, glides above the city on jet black wings on his way to an apartment building. It takes him a while considering he's stopping every now and then to help out those who look like they need it, but he eventually reaches the neighborhood.

His first instinct upon hearing a gunshot is to do a barrel roll midair before looking around the area in an attempt to figure out where the shot came from. Considering there's not a second shot, it doesn't seem like they were aiming at him. He's not sure whether he's happy about that or not.

Glad he's not being shot at but also concerned that someone else might possibly be dying somewhere. It doesn't take him long to fall into a dive to pick up speed and with a 'whoomph' he catches himself before he hurts himself and uses the speed to fly off in the direction of the shot. His clothes and feathers rustle violently in the wind. He won't let someone get hurt, the teens could wait just a little longer.

Luckily for Phil, he didn't need to make them wait after all. Once he turned the corner to where he had heard the shot from he saw two of the teens he had to confront, and two others he'd seen on a few occasions.

"No, they're all still there I just- it sounded like wind rushing.. y'know?" Night said, tilting her head at the others as if to see if they knew what she meant.

"Damn! Oh well, maybe next time." Stinger pauses to listen. "Yea I hear it."

Theseus nodded, looking around a bit himself, an inquisitive look in his eyes.

"Are you good to walk or do you want to chill on a rooftop before the cops get here?" Ranboo asked, placing a hand on his shoulder after a moment of looking around. Theseus tried out his leg, there was a bit of a limp and wince as he walked around, but he was mostly fine.

"Yeah I can walk. We do need to go though, someone probably already called the cops and I have no intention of getting caught tonight." He responded with a noticeable smirk in his voice, NightCrawler's ears still flicking in the direction -unbeknownst to her- of Philza.

Stinger tilts his head to look at Theseus. "Theseus if you so much as trip on the way home I'll pick you up and carry you myself. We can't have your blood all over the place or people can find out who you are."

Phil quickly lands on top of the building next to the alley and peeks over, careful not to ruffle his feathers or land too harshly (which is a bit hard to do considering he was just flying at nearly full speed). He's a bit surprised to see that he's found the teens he was after, as well as a couple more and a few.. what looks like thugs?

Seeing the blood, gun and wound on Theseus he's able to put together a story pretty easily. The problem is his concern is continuing to rise because these are his kids that he came for and one of them is hurt and now- oh, well now he's just jumped into the alleyway without even thinking of a proper way to handle the situation. Good work bird brain.

"Yeah yeah, whatever Sting- '' Theseus went to say, but was cut off by Zephyrus abruptly jumping down from the roof to their left. NightCrawler's immediate reaction was letting out a startled chirp mixed with an Enderian noise, Theseus also letting out a startled chirp.

"Ph- Zephyrus! Um- kinda busy at the moment, so if we could maybe skip the uh- whole Hero thing for tonight, that'd be great..." NightCrawler said through a nervous tone, catching herself before she could call him by his real name and trying to cover the startled noise she'd made as she side glared Stinger, Theseus and Ranboo who she could hear giggling.

Stinger stifles his giggling at NightCrawler with a cough and walks over to stand protectively next to Theseus and Ranboo. He knows she can handle herself and Ranboo can get them out of there quickly and come back for her later. It doesn't help that Zephyrus is the number 2 hero. And they've just beat up a whole group of people. Aaand one of them is bleeding. And they don't have voice changers. It's probably time to go. He gives a look to Ranboo and Theseus, buzzing his wings. The hero wasn't even supposed to be on patrol tonight, what is he doing here?

Phil chuckles and shakes his head, even if he's a little startled to hear another chirp from someone who doesn't seem to be either an Elytrian or Avian.

"Don't worry, I'm not on patrol right now. I was actually just on my way to see you two anyways." He motions to Theseus and NightCrawler. "And I don't plan to turn you in either. I can call the police for them," he waves a hand back at the tied up group, "and I won't hurt you I promise." He chirps quietly to try to calm them.

Theseus and NightCrawler perk up at the sound of the chirps. NightCrawler instinctively chirped back and the sound of ruffling feathers came from behind her, despite the fact that she obviously didn't have wings. Theseus tried his best to keep the chirp from leaving his throat but failed, he didn't have too much room under his suit for his wings to perk so he just rolled his shoulder back and looked at NightCrawler.

"Um," Theseus cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck, looking back at the Hero. "I.. I guess that's fine, just let us get to a rooftop before you.." He tried making his voice as different as he could, he failed miserably but at least he tried.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Ranboo asked with a concerned tone to his voice.

Stinger stares blankly at Zephyrus, a bad feeling causing his wings to twitch. "I'm with R here. I'm.. I trust you Theseus but I don't trust him." He points at the older male.

"It'll be fine, Stinger. Trust me." Theseus nodded, not saying anything more but nodding towards a rooftop they could get to.

"But..-" When Theseus motions towards the rooftop he sighs and nods. "Alright. Call the police, I guess we'll be waiting."

Phil breathes out fondly through his nose and motions for them to go ahead before pulling out his phone. "I'll join you as soon as the call ends. I won't even sign off as Zephyrus so there are less police. Plus, I doubt you'll want to be filing your own reports tomorrow evening." He smiles. "It shouldn't take me more than five minutes."

Theseus nodded again, looking to Ranboo, the smile obvious behind the mask. "C'mon big man, let's get to the roof."

Ranboo nodded, placing a hand on Theseus' and Stinger's shoulder, teleporting them to the roof just across the street from where they were. Nightcrawler stayed behind for a moment, she looked towards Phil, eyes scanning him for a moment before she teleported to the rest of them.

"What do you think he wants to talk about..?" She asked Theseus as soon as she made it to the roof, he looked at her and shrugged.

"Not sure, guess we'll find out in a few minutes."

Stinger shrugs. "You two know him better than we do. How in the world did he even find us? The gunshot or something? That was pretty loud."

He taps his chin in contemplation. "But he wasn't supposed to be on patrol.. he said he was here for you two actually........" He just stares at them now.

"...So uh.. You think it has anything to do with you working for him?"

As they teleport off he hesitates for only a moment. Tommy was shot. He's alone. No- no he's not alone he's got his friends. But they're all kids. Kids without families if he's to guess. Probably live together in one home or apartment. Can they even afford an apartment?

He nervously laughs. Time to stop thinking along those lines. Don't want to come to a conclusion that's worse than he thinks. It barely takes any time for him to use his personal phone to make a call to the police, not giving a name, only the address and the number of people needed for transport.

NightCrawler had been pacing back and forth since she got to the roof, only stopping to answer Stinger. "I mean-... It's not entirely impossible but-"

"He could have figured us out.." They all looked at Theseus, Ranboo looked concerned, and NightCrawler looked shocked and scared all at the same time.

"You.. you really think..?"

"Why else would he be here? He wasn't supposed to be out tonight.."

Once Phil's finished, he launches into the air with a flap of his wings and looks around to spot the kids, then glides over.

Night looked down at the ground as she heard him glide over, anxiety spiking as she tried to calm her breathing, Ranboo putting a hand on her shoulder to help her calm down some as they waited for what Phil had to say.

Stinger stays nervously but protectively quiet with his friends as Phil lands next to them with a soft smile.

"So, shall we head somewhere to take care of that?" The hero points at Theseus' leg. "I don't imagine that feels good, and unless any of you have healing powers, I'm pretty sure it's going to need stitches and about a few days of rest before walking around. The wound is definitely more important than the questions."

Ranboo looks standoffish after he said that, Theseus seemed confused and NightCrawler seemed shocked. All of them seemed to freeze look at each other, Theseus' bright blue eyes seemed to search Phil's for something for a moment before he spoke.

"Alright.. there's an alleyway down Pogtopia Avenue that has an emergency first aid kit there that has the things need for stitches."

"Theseus-"

"Theseus-"

Ranboo and NightCrawler said in unison, giving him a look that practically screamed 'the hell are you doing?'.

"What? He's right. And besides," He looked at NightCrawler, an unreadable glint in his eyes. "He said he wanted to help. Let the man halp, yeah?"

Stinger balks at Theseus just going for it, but in the end he trusts him the most(even though he'd rather punt him into the sun at least he's taken the initiative to make sure he doesn't fucking die-) in this situation. He also isn't totally stupid.

The bee hybrid walks over with a heavy and very disappointed sigh that says 'we'll talk about this later' and wraps an arm around Theseus' waist to help keep him steady. "Night, are you teleporting him or is Ranboo? It would take too long for him to fly there."

He pauses for a moment before a grin breaks out across his face. "Or maybe Zephyrus can carry Theseus there-"

The hero watches the exchange fondly. Ah, these must be other room-mates, close friends. Maybe they'll trust him enough to talk freely. That'd be nice. Being able to take care of children again, help them grow and survive, teach them how to properly take care of themselves, spoil them rotten- He suppresses a coo.

Fuck, his bird brain is seriously going crazy. What is even happening??? There's only one fledgling here and she's not that young. His instincts shouldn't be acting up like this. Dammit. Flatten the feathers! They could take it as a threat!

"I mean.. I could always make a portal there?" NightCrawler said nervously, yet another ruffle of feathers could be heard from behind her. Theseus looked to her, rasing an eye brow at what she said, a skeptical look in his eye.

"Are you sure it'd be a good idea? Could you keep it open long enough for all of us to go through?" At his last comment she bonks him lightly in the head, an offended trill coming from her.

"I'm not that weak dipshit, and at least I can teleport right." They all chuckled a little at this, but agreed that it be a good way to get them all there without splitting up. And so, after a few moments of gathering enough moisture from the air, she was able to create a portal.

The sides of the portal looked like mini waves were rolling up on the beach, the inside looking at the alleyway with a purple-ish tint to it.

"There we go, uh- hurry and get through please, I can't hold this for too long."

Ranboo went through beckoning for the others to come through once he made sure the coast was clear.

Stinger walked through with Theseus without hesitation after Ranboo assured them the coast was clear. He'd have to come back and clean up the blood and have Ranboo sneak into the police station to get rid of any evidence of Theseus having been wounded there. Even if they didn't have records of them there was still the risk of them finding the ragtag group. He'd rather go through Hell and back before letting them get caught again.

Seeing the other teens go through the portal first Phil was quick to follow, he'd rather not be left behind considering he still needed to question them. He also was genuine about patching Tommy up, if he didn't get patched up correctly he could get sick.

If that happened and Tommy gained a permanent limp or something like that, or even lost a leg, not only would Phil blame himself but also a lot of people would realize the vigilante, Theseus was missing a leg.

Techno and Wilbur aren't so dumb that they would miss the connection. It was best that at least one of the trio knew.

"This is an amazing ability! I don't think I've seen anyone use it before." He chuckles. "I guess I know how you all escape so easily now. I would recommend not using that ability for conveniences like this while undercover. It was especially dangerous to do that in front of a hero, who could report this to headquarters. You never know if someone has the ability to track portals out there."

NightCrawler was glad for the mask covering her face, the compliment to her power making her flush, nodding at the extra advice the hero added in as her ears fell back a little bit. "Uh.. Yeah, I'll um- I'll keep that in mind." She said while closing the portal behind her once she stepped through, glad she didn't use or show her Merling half in when she's not out on patrol.

Ranboo had gone to retrieve the first aid kit, coming back once he got it. A questioning look on his face as he handed the kit to Phil, concern and confusion hidden behind his eyes.

"What do you, um- what do you mean by 'undercover'?"

Theseus looked to NightCrawler in worry at this, she looked down at the ground with a sigh, both subconsciously accepting the fact that Phil had probably figured them out.

He gives them a smile as he takes the medkit, already moving to kneel next to Theseus. "Don't worry, I haven't said anything. Just be glad it was me that found out instead of Blade or Siren, I doubt they'd be as accommodating."

The admission has Stinger's wings buzzing protectively as he leans into Theseus, forcing him to sit. "I can't believe you let the old man figure you out Theseus. I thought you were the stealthiest of men, capable of keeping even the 'great Zephyrus' from finding out." He grins mockingly at his friend, careful to keep his real name out of his mouth.

Theseus chuckled, shaking his head. He was right though, if it had been Blade or Siren they would have been completely and utterly screwed, and by the look in Night's eye he could see she was thinking the same.

"I bet it wasn't even me who screwed up." He said in a joking tone, watching as Night snapped her eyes to look at him, an offended yet playful tone to her voice as she spoke.

"Says the one that was always excited to go into work in the morning!"

"Heeeyyyy!"

Ranboo leaned over to Zephyrus to whisper something to him as the other two bickered. "He usually only gets excited about going on patrol, so seeing him excited in the morning is a bit odd." The two younger continued to bicker about things from work or just things in general, Ranboo shaking his head occasionally at the things they say.

Stinger ends up joining in the bickering, using their excitement against the both of them to tease them relentlessly, even if it turns them against him. He has nukes. Well, figurative nukes. He's got plenty of dirt on all of them he could drop on them like bombs if he wanted to. End them instantly. Turn them into babbling messes trying to come up with something to say. He giggles to himself at that thought. Oh yea. They're so done for.

Philza just smiles at their antics as he moves around the cloth surrounding the wound to get a better look. He does his best not to jostle it too much but it's hard to do with the costume but he does his best. He turns to the kit once he's sure what he needs to do.

"Really? That excited? Then I'm glad. Sometimes he seems troubled when I catch him so I'm glad he's able to feel legitimately excited about something." He hums as he carefully cuts away some of the fabric to get to work, still speaking to Ranboo.

"So I'm assuming you're all room-mates then? Theseus and Night earning the money for you while you all do this?"

"HEY! I told you not to mention that!!" Night yelled at Stinger, once again glad from the mask covering half of her face as it turned beat red.

Yeah, he may be two years older than, but that does not mean he has to bring up the silly little crushes she used to have when she was little! Theseus just decomposed in a pile of laughter as Stinger exposed that Night had, at one point before the incident happened, had a crush on one of the other kids in the orphanage.

Of course then Stinger had to bring up the one time Theseus had stuck his hand in the toilet to retrieve a toy that he had dropped...

"Oi, shut up bitch!" It was Night's turn to dissolve into laughter after that.

Stinger falls into a light evil and chaotic grin as they drown in embarrassment. Good. Success.

Meanwhile, Ranboo was just shaking his head and chuckling a little bit at them as he answered Phil. "Oh uh- yeah, we're roommates. We stuck together for a uh.. for a long while. And I actually have a day job as well. I was actually the first of us to get a job to pay for rent.."

He thought back on all the times he and the others had to distract the employees at a store so he could teleport food back home for all of them. He wasn't proud of the stealing bit, but at least he kept them alive.

"And we'll occasionally take turns going out while the others stay back home and watch from um.. security cameras, "the man in the chair" as Stinger likes to call it." Did he just tell a hero that they hack into the security cameras to play hero at night? Yeah, yeah he most definitely did-

"Ah, the man in the chair." He chuckles at the phrase. "A good system. Why is he out here tonight then? Something different?" He raises an eyebrow at Ranboo while he starts treating the wounds. He's a little concerned about the cameras, and should probably get that security upgraded. AFTER he gets these kids into the hero program. Yea. Good idea.

Night seemed to cease her nervous babbling for a moment, it was almost as if she'd frozen in place for a second, but then she sneezed. Nothing wrong with a sneeze right? Well, sometimes whenever she was too excited about something she'd teleport herself somewhere else in the same room she would be in.

In this case, she landed on the other side of the dumpster where Theseus had hidden the medkit.

"Pffffffffff-" Theseus, yet again turned into a pile of laughter and giggles as Night looked around in confusion, giggling herself once she realized what happened.

"Shut it asshat-" She managed through a fit of giggles.

Ranboo chuckled at the scene, clearing his throat to answer while he shook his head at his roommate's antics. "A friend of ours recently gave us a tech update, which Night got very excited about, so we can take the metaphorical chair with us." He looked at Stinger in his fit of laughter, smiling as he shook his head.

"Basically we have a very fancy tablet that we can take with us now-"

Ranboo was cut off by another sneeze from Night, she teleported back to the spot she had been standing in before. There was a loud thunk as she reappeared in her original spot, silence fell over Theseus as he looked to where the noise came from.

A mask was there on the ground. A mask. Night's mask had come loose and had fallen off when she teleported. "Ah shit-"

Stinger stops laughing the moment he realizes the mask falls off, he pales and whips over to look at Zephyrus before remembering that he's probably already seen her face. At that point he quickly looks around to make sure no one else is around to see it.

Philza himself isn't actually paying attention, currently more focused on making sure he doesn't fuck up the wound and make it worse. When the sound reaches him he looks up and spreads his wings about half a foot before realizing there's no danger.

He folds his wings up again before looking around to see what the problem is. When he sees Night without her mask on, he blinks, and then returns to what he was doing. "That's good, you should be able to defend yourselves if you're alone, and good gear will help with that." He fluffs his wings as he places the gauze with tape on the wound to finish up.

"There. When you get home go ahead and wrap it up with some bandages and you should be fine to walk around without blood being a big issue. Though I do recommend not putting too much weight on it, and make sure to change the gauze and bandages after you do anything exciting to make sure the blood doesn't soak through." He smiles at Theseus and then stands, stretching out his back a bit.

Being crouched for that extended period made him ache a bit, especially from the exciting day. He'd had to take Dream's place since the hero had called in that he wouldn't be available, and had had to deal with a different set of villains and crime this time.

It was a nice change of pace but his old bones weren't used to that much excitement all at once for some time now. Which is a good thing, but he needs to be prepared all the time. Never know when someone as strong as him may show up.

Confused, that is the exact word Alexa would use to describe her feelings as if this current moment. Yeah, she may have accepted the fact that he had already figured it out, but she wasn't expecting that kind of reaction.

"What the fuck just happened?" Theseus- Tommy said, taking off his mask in confusion and slight frustration. He wasn't expecting himself to take off his mask like that so kind of froze for a second, as if waiting for Phil's approval.

Phil shrugs at Tommy. "I already know who you two are. Seeing your faces isn't that different than seeing you come in for your shifts at work. Now put your masks back on. Even though I'm not a vigilante, I know the importance of keeping your identities a secret."

Ranboo froze as well, but for a different reason. Alexa's ears were flicking in every direction, head turning in the same directions as she tried to figure out what she was hearing. "What's that?... Do you guys hear that?"

"No Alexa, we don't hear it."

"Mark just- just shut up for a second!" She let Ranboo's name slip by accident, but she was too preoccupied to really notice.

Stinger almost lived up to his name in that moment. In fact-

Smack!

"Night you idiot we're out on patrol! Whether or not we have someone who knows who you are they don't! And! We're out right now! Don't use our real names!" He decided a nice light sting to the back of the head should be enough. Idiot. Afterwards he decides to listen as well. Even though her hearing is far better, it doesn't hurt to try anyways.

Phil balks for a moment upon hearing Ranboo's real name. He smiles sympathetically at the Enderian. He knows how it is. In the beginning, Wilbur and Techno almost let his name slip a couple of times in the middle of a fight.

Phil's a bit surprised at the show of violence from the shortest person there, but hearing the reasoning, he's not sure if he should feel proud or extremely worried that he seems incredibly mature for his age. All of them actually. "What are we listening for exactly?"

"Ow!" She smacked Stinger back, but on the arm. "Just- it sounds like, like wheezing.. or labored breathing..." She leaned down to grab her mask and put it back on, Theseus doing the same after she made a motion for them to be silent for a moment.

"Breathing... It's breathing, but it's getting faint-" Her eyes widened at the realization of what was happening a few alleyways down.

"Fuck- I think someone is dying!" She starts running in the direction of the ragged breathing she heard.

"Night! Night wait for us!" Theseus yelled, standing up and running after her, despite the slight prick of pain in his leg as he went.

"Woah woah woah, guys wait up!" Ranboo got up, looking up to Phil as he started going after them as well.

Stinger is rubbing his arm when Night runs off. "Hey! Night!" And then he's running alongside Ranboo.

Phil on the other hand, almost doesn't run with them until the words 'someone is dying' registers into his head and then he's off. He doesn't even bother reprimanding Theseus for using his wounded leg. Yet. But he is definitely really worried.

How do these kids find trouble so easily?!

"How far are they?! Flying would be faster right?!"

"Not far!" She makes hard right, turning back to tell at them almost running into a wall in the process but she kept going.

"Just down this!-" She came to a screeching halt, the others stopping behind her as they noticed while she stops.

Blood. Lots of blood. And.. and white feathers. Oddly familiar... White feathers.

Theseus looked down at the blood and feathers, his heart racing in his chest and his thoughts going crazy. Ranboo looked just as shocked, whoever this Avian or Elytrian was has lost a lot of blood, hopefully they were still alright.

Night couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity of the feathers, yeah there were a lot of people with white wings, but these had a pattern that seemed to remind her of something, but she couldn't tell why. She kept going forward, ignoring the warnings she got from Theseus and the others, she examined the feathers while following the blood trail up to who it belonged to.

"Night! What are you doing?!" Stinger whispers loudly.

"That's a lot of fucking blood! There's no way we can save them!" He runs ahead, staying away from the trail of blood while Phil simply stumbles to a stop behind the other kids.

Phil freezes similarly to how they did. That much blood. How was this bird even alive? Jesus christ. He runs forward quickly alongside Stinger, careful to keep his wings away from the blood.

He picks up one of the bloodstained feathers, staring at the patterns that are visible. White speckles and rounded edges. An owl maybe? Possibly a falcon too. It could also be a magpie.

"What the hell happened here.." He mutters to himself. "There's.. there's so much blood, so many feathers.." As he follows Night quickly, it doesn't take him long to find the body, or victim, that the aforementioned parts belonged to. A woman with massive black speckled white bloodstained wings lay on her stomach. White clothes and silver hair stained red with blood, faintly wheezing weakly in her attempt to cling to life.

Bringing a hand to his mouth in an attempt to muffle the startled and grief filled caw, Phil has to forcefully remind himself that this person is still alive, and once again reaches for his phone.

"Shit. What the fuck. God dammit." It doesn't take him long to fall into a hero routine as he rushes forward. "We need to stop the bleeding immediately while we wait for an ambulance or some kind of hero or vigilante with a healing ability arrives. We'll try vigilantes first since I don't think you want to get your hands bloody. Do any of you know anyone that can heal? Even a little?" He attempts to croon or chirp at the Elytrian woman to see if she responds in any way.

His attempts are rewarded with tiny, almost imperceptible warbles. He almost mistakes them for hitches in their breath. "Fuck- They're lucid-"

Night makes a half assed attempt at a hooting noise, though it didn't work as she was a Sparrow, but Theseus seemed to perk up at it. Night's breathing hitched in her throat, turning to look at Theseus and the others and repeating something she'd remember from when it had happened; three clicks, four coos, and two whistles. Theseus almost fell to his knees at this- at the memories that came folding back as he remembered who had made those noises when they were younger.

Ranboo had caught him before he completely fell over, leaning him against a wall so he could keep his balance. Now, Ranboo may not be an Avian or Elytrian, but knows what those noises mean in that order, he remembers as well.

"Are... Are you sure..?" Night just nods, mumbling something to Stinger, something about contacting someone from the Underground because they had healing abilities. Before looking back at Ranboo to answer.

"How could I forget the one that kept us safe from him?" She repeated the sequence again: three clicks, four coos, two whistles, and two failed attempts at hoots.

'Mom.. it has to be mom. Just- please, she has to be ok.'

A/n:This fucking chapter has been prewritten for the longest fucking time, like- y'all don't understand lmaooo

anyways

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and I hope you will continue to enjoy the continuation of this story in it's sequel that's coming out soon :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.1K 33
Tommy was tired. Tired of how corrupt the heroes were. Tired of the villains that didn't care who they hurt. Tired of vigilantes who barely helped Ti...
21.1K 500 17
Just a Outsider SMP one shot made for me to find something to write a whole book about- so I take any requests, except for lemons, limes and I don't...
5.9K 96 11
After Lloyd almost took over the city with his oni form, he doesn't feel like himself. His eyes glow purple at times, he keeps having these horrible...
124K 5.8K 44
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...