Start All Over × Luke Hemmings

By cuddlinghemmings

New Country. New School. New Friends. New Life. New Beginning. Fresh Start. Clean Slate. Start Over. Have you... More

First Day Jitters And New Friends.
Well That's Just Fab.
So I'm Not A Freak.
You Alright Nessa?
Meeting Mrs Bell.
Cute Late Night Phone Calls And Skype Dates.
First Fan Encounters.
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?
Are They Mad?
It's Like Girl Code.
Only A Dream.
Shopping Adventures And Water Balloons (Part One)
Shopping Adventures And Water Ballons (Part Two)
Yano, Mother's Instinct
Friendly Clifford.
He's A Cuddler.
You're A Cow, You Know?
He's Perfect, She's Perfect.
Door Knob!
We Make A Pretty Good Team.
Dat Epic Cute Date.
King And Queen.
Birthday Partay
Beach, Shopping, Bad News.
On Top Of The Fucking World.
Forever In My Heart.
And All These Little Things.
But I'm Your Dork.
Harry's Party.
Let's Go Be Cute.
Hot Date.
Ruining Everything.
These Boy's Are Flipping Adorable.
Having You In My Life Is Enough.
Mrs Gaskarth And Mrs Tomlinson
You're An Evil Match Maker.
But He Promised.
Date Night.
Happy With Yourself Hemmings?
Touring And Party Planning.
Birthday Girl.
Party, Party, Party!
Digging Yourself A Bigger Hole, Hemmings.
If You Were Here, Everything Would Be Okay.
You Cheesy Fuck.
I Was Born Ready.
The Beauty Of My Social Life, Wow's Me.
Boys Are Dumb.
I Hate Goodbyes.

For The Love Of A Daughter.

41.2K 537 61
By cuddlinghemmings

~One Month Later~

Vanessa’s P.O.V

Luke’s being doing good healing really fast the doctor say’s, I’ve had a few breakdowns over the last month but I started seeing a therapist to get everything out and so I don’t bottle everything up and do something stupid, Jake and I started school again a week after the run in with our Dad, Jake said he’s glad to be back in a routine and I think the same we’re both still having a hard time coping with the death of our mum but everyday it gets a little easier, Dad’s officially locked away for good he even got sent back to New Zealand to be put in the Auckland Prison, he got given 15 years Jail time for everything he has done over the years the trial was only last week and he tried to guilt trip me while I was standing up trying to answer questions and it was really hard to hold back all my tears but I’m so happy he’s gone for now but 15 years is ages, so we won’t be seeing him in a long time! Hannah, Anne and Katie went back over to New Zealand to collect the last of there things and we decided instead of them moving in with us, that they’ll just buy the house that’s just two houses away that’s been up for sale for ages, Anne said that it would be better this way and she doesn’t want us to feel like she’s trying to take mum’s place and there isn’t enough room for everyone anyway. Now I was just scrolling through the 5 seconds of summer merchandise website waiting for Luke to come and pick me up for school. “What ya doing?” Luke say’s sitting beside me on my bed. “Just buying a poster for my band wall!” I say smiling at him. “I could just give you one for free?” He say’s. “Nope! I want to buy it!” I say kissing his cheek. “Okay, okay! Ready to leave?” He asks. “Yep!” I say and shut my laptop and roll off my bed, I grab my bag and follow Luke out my bedroom door. “See you Nessa! Good luck!” Jake yells from his bedroom, he had a teacher’s only day for some stupid reason so he was going out with Zoe somewhere, today for me was the first day of exams I had a major setback with the grieving of mum’s death but I’ve been putting a lot of effort into studying lately so hopefully it pays off, everyone’s been helping me out where the can, Harry’s been helping me with the Math side of things because he’s pretty good at Math and Stacey’s strong point is English so she’s been helping me out with that, Tesh’s been helping with History and the boy’s have been helping with Music, fingers crossed I pass. “Thanks Jake! Bye have a good day.” I yell back. “Yep! Bye.” He yells and me and Luke walk out the door and walk hand in hand to Hannah’s house, she was waiting outside sitting on her front step. “Morning!” She say’s and walks up to us. “Morning!” I say, smiling at her it’s so great having her here I missed her so much when she lived in New Zealand but now she’s here and it feels like we were never apart. Katie would normally walk with us too, but she this this horrible cold so she wasn’t coming to school today. “Ready for exams?” She asks. “As ready as I’m gonna be!” I say. We walk to school making small chit-chat about heaps of stuff, but mainly exams. “What you have first?” Hannah asks us. “We’ve got math exams first at 9:30.” Luke say’s. “Oh lovely, good luck! I’ll see you two later!” She say’s giving us both hugs and walking in the direction of the room where she had her Spanish exam, I thought it was a little unfair that she had to do exams when she’d only been at this school for a few weeks but all the teachers said that the stuff that she learnt in New Zealand is the same as what we learnt here so she’ll be fine. “GOOD LUCK!!” I yelled, she turned around and gave me the thumbs up and carried on walking, Luke and I walked to the hall where our maths exam was being held and took our seats and get started we had a hour and a half to complete it, I looked at the first page and thought to myself I can’t do this but then I thought about mum and how disappointed she’d be if I didn’t at least try so I put my head down and I started working through it slowly but confidently I just finished and put my pen down and then the bell rung, I collected my papers together and walked up to the front following all the other students and handed it in and then walked out the door next we had our music exams I waited for Luke to come out and then we walked hand in hand to the music department the music exam was in two parts we had to sit a test and perform to our teacher, which wasn’t to much trouble for me because I lived and breathed music. Ashton, Michael and Harry were waiting outside the door there opening was around the same time as ours, Cal was in there at the moment and you could feel the muffled sound of his singing. “How do you think you went?” Harry asked, he had just had his math exam too. “I’m confident!” I said smiling at him. “That’s great!!” He say’s, the door opens and Calum walks out. “Hey guy’s!” He say’s. “Vanessa your up!”  Mr Stanton say’s appearing at the door. “Good luck!” Everyone say’s, I mumble a thank you and follow Mr Stanton into the music room. “Are you nervous?” He asks. “Yep!” I say, picking up my guitar from where I left it yesterday. “No need to be nervous, you’re by far one of the most talented students at this school.” “Woah! No pressure.” I say. “Start when you’re ready!” He say’s smiling. I started strumming my guitar and then started singing I choose to sing Demi Lovato’s For The Love Of A Daughter.

“Four years old with my back to the door

All I could hear was the family war

Your selfish hands always expecting more

Am I your child or just a charity ward?

You have a hollowed out heart

But it's heavy in your chest

I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless

Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father

I'd love to leave you alone

But I can't let you go

Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter

Oh

It's been five years since we've spoken last

And you can't take back

What we never had

Oh, I can be manipulated

Only so many times,

Before even "I love you"

Starts to sound like a lie

You have a hollowed out heart

But it's heavy in your chest

I try so hard to fight it but it's hopeless

Hopeless, you're hopeless

Oh, father, please, father

I'd love to leave you alone

But I can't let you go

Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?

How could you push me out of your world,

Lied to your flesh and your blood,

Put your hands on the ones that you swore you loved?

Don't you remember I'm your baby girl?

How could you throw me right out of your world?

So young when the pain had begun

Now forever afraid of being loved

Oh, father, please, father

I'd love to leave you alone

But I can't let you go

Oh, father, please, father

Put the bottle down

For the love of a daughter

For the love of a daughter..” Once I had finished I could feel the tears on my now wet cheeks after pouring everything I had into the song. Mr Stanton was on his feet clapping for me. “See no need to be nervous Vanessa! You pour so much emotion into every song, you’re going to go far!” He say’s still clapping. “Thank you!” I say smiling at him. “See you later for the hard stuff!” He say’s, I lay my guitar down in it’s case and hop out the door. “You were amazing!” Luke said pulling me into a hug. “Thank you.” I say. “Your up Luke!” Mr Stanton say’s. “Good luck!” I say, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Thanks!” He say’s and walks in the door, following Mr Stanton. “What’s Luke singing?” I ask everyone. “I actually don’t know.” Calum say’s. “I think he’s singing Beside You!” Michael say’s putting his ear up to the door. “Who sings that?” I ask. “We do!” Ashton say’s with a smile on his face. “Oh! I like that song!” I said, laughing a little. ‘So when you guys leave for the tour?” I ask. “Two weeks!” Ash say’s. “Wicked!” I say smiling at him. “We’ll be back before you know it!” Calum say’s. “Yay! I’m gonna miss ya’s! Pretty excited for the Sydney show.” I say. “It’s going to be so much fun!!” Michael say’s, I smile at him this is like the biggest thing to happen to these boy’s I can’t imagine how excited they are. My phone vibrated in my pocket I pulled it out it was Hannah it said.

Hannah: “OMFG GUESS WHAT!!!!!”

Me: “W H A T ?” 

Hannah: “Louis Tomlinson from One Direction (If you had a little mind blank which you shouldn’t have because I talk about him like 24 hours a day) TWEETED A LINK OF A 5SOS VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :’O Omg! :D <3”

Me: “WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS!????”

Hannah: “YES!! Go have a look, why am I crying? OMFG! What if he seen one of your covers? Omfg Louis! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! <3”

“Guys Hannah say’s Louis tweeted about 5SOS!” I say, pretty much screaming. “Like as in One Direction?” Michael say’s. “YES!!” I say. They all start jumping around. “Seriously?” Ash say’s. “Yes! Look!” I say, I had gone on twitter and went on his profile and the tweet was right there he had posted a link to gotta get out, I showed all the boy’s and there mouths dropped. “WOW!” Calum said. “Look at all the RT’s! The whole flipping world will know soon!” I say. “What the hell is going on?” Luke say’s walking out of the music room. “LOOK!” I say and pass Luke my phone. “Hey that’s us! Holy shit that’s Louis Tomlinson!!” He say’s. “Wow! He’s like famous as, he’s like 1/5 of the biggest thing in the world at the moment! He has like 9 million followers, do you know what this means?” I say. “9 million people may or may not see this tweet!” Ash say’s. “All of them won’t look at the link but a lot of them will!” I say, this is probably the most excitement I’ve ever had. 

Me: “Probably not :P The boy’s are flipping :D :D”

Hannah: “It’s Louis fucking Tomlinson of course they are! Omfg! I’m so proud and I’ve only known these homos like two months :’) x”

Me: “You’re so cute!! <3 xx”

Hannah: “Are you finished for the day? <3 xxx”

Me: “Yep! Ash and Harry just gotta perform! :D xox”

Hannah: “Sweet!! Are you at the music room you normally have music? :D x”

Me: “Yup! <3”

Hannah: “Be there in a minute! :D x”

Me: “Okay! (: x”

And soon after she stopped replying she showed up. “Hello!” She say’s and takes a seat in the spare seat beside me. “Hey! How was your Spanish exam?” I ask. “Good! I only mucked up once. She said I did really well!” She say’s smiling. “How was your singing thing?” She asked. “Good! I got a standing ovation from Mr Stanton and he said I was one of the most talented in the school!” I say smiling. “That’s wicked! What you sing?” “For the love of a daughter!” “Did you cry like you normally do?” “Yep! But I didn’t choke up so that was a plus.” I say. “Yay! I’m so proud of you!” She say’s and pulls me into a hug. “Thanks Hannah!” I say hugging her back. “Harry your up!” Mr Stanton say’s as Ashton comes out. “Good luck!” I say, he flashes me his dimpleful smile. After about 10 minutes he come out and we meet up with Tesh and Stacey and go to McDonalds to celebrate our first day of exams being over, Jess meet us there, Hannah and Jess have had a few arguments in the past they didn’t really see eye to eye but today was going well. We took our food to a booth and all squished up so we could all fit. “This is probably the best burger I’ve ever had!” I say. “I’ve taught her well!” Michael say’s putting his hand up for a high five and I meet his hand and our hands smack together making a loud slapping noise. “Holy shit!” I say rubbing my hand. “Sorry!” Michael mumbles, I just start laughing. “It’s okay!” I say smiling at him. “Why are you laughing?” Hannah asked confused. “It reminded me of that time me and you were at Wendy’s in the Dunedin mall and that guy grabbed your ass and you slapped him and he cried.” “I remember that, but then you dropped your ice cream from laughing so much and the Wendy’s guy gave you a free one because I had a mighty slap!” She say’s and bursts into laughter as well.  “He cried?” Luke asked. “Yep!” I say, recovering from my laughter. “What a pussy!” Calum say’s laughing that sent Hannah over the edge and she was almost hyperventilating because of all her laughing. “I would’ve cried too, she has one mighty slap on her! She slapped me once but I was wasted so I can’t remember if it hurt or not! But it bruised.” “I remember that too! You little slut, I was so fucked off with you that night! But then I cried when I seen your face because I had left such a big mark.” “I’m sorry! I didn’t know what I was doing I was hardly conscious.” I say. “I feel so bad for slapping you though! I’m sorry!” “It’s okay! It was like a year ago now.” I say. “What did you do?” Michael asked. “I kissed her boyfriend!” I say. “It wasn’t just that though.” Hannah said. “Yeah! But we won’t talk about that!” I said, sending Hannah a look, she was also angry that night because I was high as a kite and I promised her I wouldn’t take any drugs at the party we were at but I did and then giving her boyfriend a lap dance probably played a part in it to! I have a really bad past with boys, drugs and alcohol but that’s all it is now my past. “Oh speaking of party’s! I’m having a party this Friday! And you’re all invited if you wanna come!” Harry say’s. “Well I guess I’ll have to come, if my neighbour’s having a party.” I say. “I’ll be there!” Michael say’s, he’s always up for a party that one. “Where’s Emma and Charlotte going to be?” I ask. “Charlotte is staying at Nana’s! Mum’s going on a business trip!” He say’s. “Did she give you the I don’t want to come home to hear you threw a party speech?” Luke asked. “Nope! It was more, now I know you’ll have a party because what teenage boy wouldn’t when his mum isn’t home! But if I come home and this house isn’t exactly how I left it, I’ll never let you stay home by yourself again ever! And no drugs and don’t get yourself to pissed I don’t want to get a call saying you were drunk at got in a car! And don’t get some slut pregnant either! So you could say I pretty much got permission!” He say’s, I couldn’t help but laugh Emma and Mum’s parenting methods were so alike that’s something my mum would say. “Your mum is pretty cool if I’m honest!” Ashton say’s. “Yep! She’s the best of the best!” He say’s, Harry was such a mumma’s boy it was quite cute. “So will you all be there?” He asks. “I have a question!” I say. “Shoot!” He say’s. “Can Jake come?” I ask. “Yeah and Katie!” Hannah asks. I spouse, but they’re your responsibility!” He say’s. “Yay!!” Me and Hannah say at the same time. “Well, we’ll be there then!” I say. “I’ll be there!” Tesh say’s smiling, I hadn’t talked to her in a while, I missed her. “I’ll ask if I can come.” Stacey say’s. “I’ll be there!” Luke say’s. “So will I!” Calum and Ash say at the same time, which made everyone laugh. “What time shall I come?” Jess asks. “8.00ish!” He say’s. “Okay!” She say’s. “Need us to bring anything?” I ask. “Do you know anyone who’s over 18 and will buy us some alcohol?” He asks. “Get Emma to do it before she leaves?” I suggest. “She left today!” He say’s. “Mum might!” Hannah say’s. “Use your guilt tripping ways Hannah!” I say. “I could probably persuade her to by Friday!” Hannah say’s. “And if that fails, Ashton aren’t you nearly 18.?” I ask. “Yes the keyword being nearly, I’m not risking it sorry guy’s!” He say’s. “Mali would! Probably.” Calum say’s. “Cool as! Well we have a back up plan then.” Harry say’s. “And if that all fails! I know a place you can get some pretty epic frozen cokes!” I say, making everyone laugh. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOAH! Twice in one night I’m on a roll! :D <3 Love you all sooooooooo much!! I just noticed that I have over 11,000 reads :’D I honestly can’t thank you’s enough it means so much!! :D Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D I’m still in a writing mood maybe another chapter tomorrow if you’s are up for it that is? :D Tell me what ya’s think :D By the way all rights to the song Vanessa sung are to Demi Lovato and her recording company and stuff :) xoxoxoxoxoxooxox

-C O U R T N E Y <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 20.7K 82
He paused, looking over at me and frowned, his beautiful face contorting into a sad grimace. "Why did you resist me?" I felt his hand reach out and...
Cover By Joanne

Fanfiction

10.1K 377 20
Michael has always been shy and timid. Not because he was abused at home or anything like that. In fact, he had very loving parents. Very rich, lovin...
16.2K 314 128
So these are my own stuff from my human brain and requests so message me who ya want and all that stuff XD Also if you want to read my Luke fan ficti...
2.1M 51.8K 38
I'm Caroline Evans, originally from London and I'm seventeen. My family transferred here to Sydney, not because of my dad's work or whatever common r...