๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž || ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐...

By LoonyLupinBlack3

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. โ‹…โ€ขโ‹…โŠฐโˆ™โˆ˜โ˜ฝเผ“โ˜พโˆ˜โˆ™โŠฑโ‹…โ€ขโ‹… Y/n Potter and Re... More

Introduction
September
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
October
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
November
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
December
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
January
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
February
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
March
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
April
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
May
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
June
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
July
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
A/N
Regulus POV

Chapter 25

26.7K 871 602
By LoonyLupinBlack3

Monday 6th December, 1976

It was Monday. The weekend had been uneventful, excluding the seemingly endless talk about the prank, something that was no help to my ego. Regulus Black was a constant in my mind. I barely went five minutes without thinking about him, something I was less than happy with. I had actually pulled Lily aside and asked her if I was sick, to which she laughed and told me that no, I was not sick and was just head over heels for him.

I went to breakfast and sat down with the marauders, Lily, Marlene, and Mary, all of them having a heated discussion on which subject Hogwarts should get rid of, if any at all. I was just taking a bite of my food when Dumbledore stood up, an instant hush making its way around the room. Dumbledore never made speeches during breakfast.

"After breakfast, I would kindly ask fifth, sixth, and seventh years to stay back."

Dumbledore sat back down, though the students stayed quiet for a moment longer. That was all? Well then. Voices filled up the Hall as everyone pondered what the announcement would be, many first, second, third, and fourth years asking the older years to tell them why they had to stay back afterwards.

My eyes strayed towards the Slytherin table and to one Slytherin in particular. Regulus was resting his head on his chin, looking bored as he surveyed the Great Hall. His hair was looking more breathtaking than usual, and I had the strong urge to stroke my hand through it. His lips were also looking full, and I remembered our kiss, the feeling of his lips pressed against mine-

When grey eyes turned to look at me I felt my heartbeat quicken and my eyes instantly darted away, desperate to look like I was doing something other than staring at Regulus.

"I agree," I stated, joining the conversation.

Everyone's eyes turned to me, expressions of confusion and horror reigning of their faces, none more than James who stared at me with both, as well as suspicion.

"I mean, it's kind of weird you think I'm the hottest in the friend group since I'm your brother, but thanks for the support I guess..."

I scrunched up my face, looking at James with disgust. "Wait, no, Lily is."

James looked mildly offended before shrugging. "Fair enough."

Once breakfast finished, years one to four left, the remaining older years whispering excitedly with one another until Dumbledore stood up, silencing the Hall.

"You're probably all wondering why we have kept you back," Dumbledore spoke. "It's because we have a rather exciting announcement that doesn't involve the younger years. The Yule Ball will occur on the 24th of December at 8:00pm. All students are required to attend dance lessons that Professor McGonagall will be overlooking. There will be extra Hogsmeade trips so you can get whatever robes and supplies you need. There will be food present at the dance and no alcohol." Dumbledore gave the marauders a pointed look, one they all ignored. "That is all."

Instantly the Great Hall was in an uproar. Girls and boys alike were whispering with one another, sending other students very pointed glances while some slumped in their seats, dreading the compulsory dance lesson.

I noticed James already staring fixatedly at Lily and sighed, shaking my head. "Idiot."

Remus snorted and I smiled at him before my gaze moved to Regulus against my will, not that I really minded. He was talking leisurely with his friends, not overexcited but not angry or disappointed either.

"It must run in the family," Remus muttered as he stared at me.

I looked down, my cheeks heating up as Remus smirked. I cleared my throat and turned my gaze to Lily, Mary, and Marlene, all of whom were animatedly talking with one another. It sounded like they were planning to go dress shopping.

"Y/n, you're coming with us right?" Mary asked.

"Oh, yeah sure, I'd love to. When are we going?" I asked.

"This Sunday," Marlene chimed.

I smiled telling them I'd be there before leaving the Hall along with everyone else, desperate to get to class before the bell rang. It was Monday morning, meaning my first class was Charms, which meant time with Regulus. Usually, I'd be quite content with that, but my mind was firmly on the ball and who I'd go with that I was almost positive I'd make a fool of myself.

Nonetheless, I entered the classroom and sat beside Regulus who had been writing some notes on his parchment.

"Are you excited for the Yule Ball?" I blurted out almost immediately after I sat down.

Regulus looked up, surprised. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"We could ask each other?" I offered nervously.

Regulus pondered my words for a moment before shrugging, like it didn't really affect him much either way. I motioned for him to speak first, and he hummed, thinking.

"It's okay, I guess. I mean, I don't hate it or anything like that, but I go to fancy balls with my family all the time, so it's nothing new." He paused for a second. "What about you?"

I smiled sheepishly. "I'm actually really excited," I admitted. "I've never been to a ball before, and I was really jealous last year when James got to go to the Yule Ball and I didn't."

Regulus nodded after I finished speaking and I had the strong urge to ask him to go to the ball. I ignored it, obviously, because Regulus was a Pureblood Slytherin who would say no because he would never want to go with me, and it would only end in heartbreak.

The thought lowered my mood significantly and the rest of the day went by rather quickly. It was after dinner, before prefect duty, and I was sitting in the Gryffindor Common room with Lily, Marlene, and Mary, all of us having a conversation about the Yule Ball.

"Oh yeah, Garret Doe, that seventh year Ravenclaw already asked me to the dance," Mary commented casually.

"Already?" Marlene asked, mouth agape. "What did you say?"

Mary grinned. "That I'd think about it."

Marlene let out a low whistle, staring at Mary with a mix of awe and horror.

"Can girls ask boys to the dance as well?" I asked.

The girls grinned, sharing looks with one another at my words. I immediately regretted speaking, but it wasn't as if I could just take it back.

"Who were you thinking of?" Mary questioned.

"No one," I said too quickly.

The girls shared sly looks. "No one?" Marlene questioned. "Are you sure?"

I looked around in a panic. There was no way I was going to tell the girls about my small, insignificant crush Regulus Black. No way.

"What about James?" I asked Lily instead. "Has he asked you yet?"

"No," Lily admitted, surprising all of us.

I stared at her incredulously. "No? He hasn't asked you yet? Are you sure?"

Lily shrugged, but a shadow of doubt fell across her face. Maybe she thought that after all the years of rejection, James had gotton tired of it and moved onto someone else. Obviously she was wrong, but love made you blind.

"What will you say when he asks you?" Marlene asked.

Lily shrugged. "I'm not sure."

I gasped. "You mean my brother might actually have a chance with you? The world must be ending."

Lily rolled her eyes, telling me I needed to go to my patrol as a retort. I smiled broadly at her obvious defeat and left the Gryffindor Common Room, heading to the Great Hall. When I arrived I found Regulus already there, and when he noticed me he pushed back from the wall he had been leaning on and started walking the rounds next to me.

As we walked, I couldn't help but wonder if I had a chance with Regulus. Was there even the slightest possibility that Regulus could like me back? That he might want to take me to the Yule Ball? Or was I just another poor fool stuck in the sad world of unrequited love?

These thoughts stayed with me throughout the whole night, even when Regulus and I spoke, having a rather lovely conversation about a book we'd both read. I went to bed with thoughts of unrequited love stuck in my mind.

A/N:

posting early because i just got 200 followers! thank you all for your support, i appreciate every single one of you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 397 30
Y/n has been best friends with the mauraders since first year, and she couldn't have asked for a better group of friends. But one day, third year, w...
10.8K 917 24
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
25.1K 1.3K 17
โYou don't find me handsome?โž Regulus' breath tickles the nape of Laura's neck, sending a wave of happiness down her spine. She leans backward to fa...
2K 102 14
Complete: 37k+ Words - Regulus Black Slow Burn Romance - AU where Voldemort never existed. It's 1987 and the Marauders are all graduated and living...