Fated Encounter Prequel: A Th...

By Otaku_AriaSnow

"Cruel, and cold are the winds of time. Ishtar, will you ever return to me? Hear my voice sway with the breez... More

Prologue: The Day The Wind Wept
Thousand Winds of Time
Face My Odyssey
The Forest of Fólkvangr
The Red Thread Tightens
Jörmungandr, Cradle The World
The Voice of Fate
Inanna The Gypsy
Eternity Is Closest To The Divine
Time Has Brought Your Heart To Me
The Winternights Festival
The Orphic Serpent[Lemon Warning]
Unde Mundus Iudicetur
Nil Inultum Remanebit
Rex Tremendæ Maiestatis
Móðir And Faðir
Epilogue: May Fated Encounters Find You
A/N: Words From Aria

The God Shattering Stars

180 7 2
By Otaku_AriaSnow

A/N:  Enjoy the duet of Lumine and Aether as they sing "God Shattering Star" by the way~! *proceeds to watch Khaenri'ah King toss all their primogems and fates onto the Platnium Phanes Wish banner* XD I can't believe they made that gacha system summons canon. Hey Khaenri'ah can we win that 50/50 too please!?

::IMPORTANT::

-Dain does not know Aether and Lumine are his children that were conceived over 17+ yrs ago at this point in time. He DOES know he's a father though and for 500+ years after the Cataclysm Ishtar gives him clues.
-Dainslief reunited with Ishtar just a few months before the summoning.
-Lumine and Aether are 17+ years old when they arrive in Khaenri'ah. 

Fact: I included Verses from the poem of the "Coming of King Arthur" near the end. <3

..........................................................

Dainslief didn't like this.

Not one single bit as he and Tyr for once were of the same agreement. But here they were at the start of the spring equinox on the Year of the Lunar Rabbit in the massive hall of the audience chamber. The mages had set everything up for the summoning. Their desire? Or rather, the king's desire was to call down a being from the heavens themselves. Be it from Celestia or the fabled Vanaheim, the realm of light. Ishtar's warning words echoed in the skulls of Dainslief, Alice, and yes even Tyr.

Again and again their pleas and desperation cries to get the king to stop this madness fell on deaf ears. He favored Rhinedottir's own words like the sweetest of ambrosia. The same ambrosia from the fruit of Yggdrasil's branches. At the present moment the blonde knight captain, now approaching his thirties but still looked like he was in his twenties, was a bundle of nerves.

"Nervous, lad?"whispered Tyr as they watched side by side as the ritual started.

"This is a horrible idea and you know it. I don't know why my wife revealed her identity to you but I assume she had her reasons."Tyr chuckled softly as he patted the younger man on his shoulder.

"Likewise. To think our nation all this time had such a god as ancient as her hiding here, and you caught her eye. You gained many things from her, I'm almost envious. What of your children? I hear they weren't with her."wondered Tyr as the roof above revealed the skies above their heads. The old mage did not like this but he could at least ensure the ritual didn't backfire. Still...where were the children of the primordial goddess of time and fertility? Many possibilities crept in his head as streams of light began to fall.

"I don't know. Ishtar's desperately searching Yggdrasil now to find clues. She so desperately wants them here, home where they belong...and I do too."he whispered, crossing his arms.

"Don't look now guys but something's coming at breakneck speed."pointed out Halfdan not far away.

Sure as finding a Mondstanter in a tavern there was a blazing golden rainbow colored comet coming straight for them. Excited cries of anticipation as the king rose from his throne and hungry desire in Rhinedottir's eyes. "The heavens have heard our prayers!!" Dainslief heard them cry as with a shockwave and blast of energy the comet came to land in the center of the room. Not even the circle used for the summons could withstand the primal energy as clashing energies of light and shadow cosmic energies cast a thick mist. At first it was only one figure they saw, a lone young man gorgeous as can be, six brilliant wings of gold on his back. Golden hair done up in a long braid and honey amber eyes, a dark energy of cosmic blue rippled off him like steam.

But cries and expressions of celebration turned to disbelief and shock as a second figure slowly rose and was repealed. This one's presence felt just as primal as wisps of light in seven different colors came off her like vapors. As the dust settled and allowed everything to become visible there stood back to back were the young male and young female. The female was beautiful, she could put Freyja to shame. They looked almost identical in appearance with their sun-kissed hair, fair skin, and honey amber eyes.

Lumine and Aether looked around in confusion as Aether turned up his guard as did Lumine at seeing the amount of people before them. Just where had they ended up anyways!? However it was very faint, their superior senses detecting: the scent of lilies their mother loved and always had. Their wings vanished which made the crowd gasp and startled. One stranger tried to approach her brother only to earn a leer and blast full of icy wind from her. "Nolite accedere fratrem meum!"she hissed, the mage yelped at getting blown away.

"There's two of them?"one whispered.

"How are there two of them!? We only used one artifact from the Sovereign War."hissed another.

"She just used multiple elements at the same time, how is that possible!?"questioned another.

"Marvelous, most marvelous!"clapped the king in joyous laughter, getting the attention of the twins. "I welcome you envoys of the heavens!" However he was surprised as Dainslief stepped in to block the king's advance. Dainslief with one look...he had been taken aback by these pair of twins. There was a sense of familiarity and something in him stirred, especially at seeing their faces. "The girl...she looks like Ishtar but that boy looks so much like me. Why?"he thought, keeping a stoic face. The way the brother was now at his sister's side as she desperately seemed to be hiding the fact she was in pain. "Sir Dainslief?"

"M'Lord do not be hasty. Those two will attack if you get too close, what's more they do not seem to speak nor understand us."Dainslief informed.

"The good captain is correct, they speak the old tongue back when this world was a single civilization. Please, allow me to speak to them."Tyr requested swiftly.

Aether was not sure what was going on but he could definitely understand what they were saying. That had surprised him and his sister a great deal. Did this mean they had found the world their mother and father came from at last? It made the most sense in both their minds. Then that meant somewhere was their father but where!? Lumine beside him was trembling practically shaking her wheezing soft breathes only heard by his ears. She had seemed unwell after entering this world almost like somebody had smacked her over the head and kicked her in the gut.

"Tyr, be careful, they are probably very scared and confused. I'm not sure why but call it a hunch, something seems wrong."stated Dainslief softly. Tyr gave a soft nod to acknowledge he understood. Indeed it looked like the boy was keeping his sister under protection. Had something gone wrong during the summons? Did they not have enough of those brilliant diamonds and the seven elements to call them? Whatever the reason he approached with very slow caution, letting the twins see he had no weapons.

"Prohibere!"snapped the boy as with a punch to the ground a shockwave of golden crystal spikes shot out like a crash wave. Making many yelps in surprise as Tyr jumped back before easily destroying the crystals. Holding his hands up in submission.

"Pax! Please, be at peace young deity. Non hostem...I am not your enemy."he soothed cautiously stepping closer.

"Hey, brother...I don't think they mean any h-harm..."croaked the girl being steadied by the boy.

Once again everyone was surprised to hear the girl was speaking plain Khaenrian. The boy though relaxed letting Tyr approach. Once close enough the old royal mage could now see the striking resemblance these twins had to Dainslief and Ishtar. "I can't be...can it?"he wondered. The boy looked so worried and that worry turned to fear as his sister suddenly collapsed passing out cold white as a ghost.

"Lumine!! Hey, hey what's going on, come on this better not be one of your pranks sis!"fretted Aether holding and easing his sister down in his arms.

Everyone watching was stunned and worried, chaotic ramblings began to fill the room as Dainslief hurried over. Tyr looked out at the blonde boy that was now also speaking plain Khaenrian. Dainslief was not sure what had stirred it on but his heart had jumped in his throat at seeing the young woman collapse. "She's not waking up. I'm not sure what happened."

"Is this my fault...? Lumine told me to slow down while flying here."wondered the poor boy in worry watching Tyr hand his sister to Dainslief. The king's orders were being shouted out this way and that but they didn't care. Aether's distress grew as he watched the older blonde carry her away. "Wait, where are you taking my sister!?"

"Easy lad, that man there is Count Dainslief. He's the captain of the Khaenri'ah Serpent Knights and leader of the royal guard. No harm will come to your sister while she is in his care."reassured Tyr, putting his hand on his shoulder to lead him away. The boy looked so worried, tears threatening to flow. Tyr though gave a small smile, "Don't worry your sister will be fine. Our healers are second to none, boy. Only Liyue and Natlan are able to rival our medical advancements."

"You sure Lumine will be alright?"he wondered.

"I am sure, young prince of the heavens. But what do I call you, Sirius?"Tyr wondered.

"You're...a little odd. If you want my name it is only proper to give me your's too out of common courtesy."chuckled the blonde boy.

"You may call me Tyr, I am the royal high mage of Khaenri'ah. You, my young prince?"Tyr chuckled as he escorted him away.

"Aether, you can call me Aether and my sister's name is Lumine."Aether introduced.

Dainslief had with the greatest of care carried the slumbering and ailing girl in his arms away. Tyr leading the boy, Aether in the opposite direction keeping him distracted. So this girl's name was Lumine? Sounded awfully similar to his daughter's name, Lumen, same for the boy, Aether. Aether sounded a lot like his son's name, Ether. The more he looked at her sleeping face the more there was this sense of warmth and instinctive need to keep her safe.

Unfortunately Khaenrian springs could get chilly like today so he had taken and unfastened his cape to wrap around her body like a blanket. Her head resting against his shoulder as he carried her away to his estate. The king had charged him with her protection and Tyr for Aether's. Dainslief had no doubt as he carefully dismounted from his mare and carried his charge inside that Tyr was showing Aether around the city. Halfdan probably in tow no doubt he was sure.

"Welcome home, master Dainslief."greeted his staff.

"Oh my, who's this?"wondered a maid, hair dark and fair.

"This is Princess Lumine, a visiting envoy. She has been placed into my care and custody by his majesty's orders."informed Dainslief.

"We'll go prepare a room for our young guest. Oh, Lady Inanna was here earlier, she just returned and has informed us she'll be by in a few more days after her work with the Adventurers' Guild."stated the butler as he checked his pocket watch.

"Very well and thank you."Dainslief thanked, letting them take Lumine in order to tend to her. With a sigh he watched them vanish up the stairs as he hung up his coat uniform and set his boots and armors aside. But try as he might he could not get himself to relax as he soon went up the stairs then slowly and quietly walked into the guest room. There on the bed, tucked in comfortably was Lumine. Though her slumber seemed uneasy she was at least safe and comfortable out of the cold weather. Yet again he was not sure what brought it on but with tender care he brushed some stray hairs out of her face to rest behind her ear.

"You look so much like her, why is that?"he whispered carefully sitting on the edge of the bed. His intrigue turned into surprise as the sleeping blonde nuzzled into his touch, looking at peace and content. That surprise turned into tenderness and a smile. "I don't know what ails you, but at least here in my home you'll be safe from all harm."he softly promised stroking her hair. Yes here this star would be safe to slumber until once again her brilliance cast away the deceit and lies.

But while she slept there was a trembling quickening that shot across the seven nations and even to the heavens and void below. The vision of a furious snarling massive wolf in the shadows, fangs glistening in blood as eyes shined gold. A chanting requiem rang in the minds of the archons...

Blow trumpet, for the world is white with May;

Blow trumpet, the long night hath rolled away!

Blow through the living world—Let the King reign.

....Up in the city of the gods the lying king, the king of deceivers and traitors himself his glass of wine fell to shatter on the floor. He trembled in fear and terror as the requiem continued visions of eyes of gold, a wolf biting and gnashing its teeth, ravens screeched, and snakes white as snow wrapped around the shadowy figure....

Shall Rome or Heathen rule in Arthur's realm?

Flash brand and lance, fall battleaxe upon helm,

Fall battleaxe, and flash brand! Let the King reign.

....The lying false king fear grew into anger as the sound of a voice, starting as male and became an echo of both male and female soon shifted to female. "Did you think you had won the war or that I was easy to get rid of?"came the echoing, ominous voice. His eyes grew wild with fury and madness. How could this be!? He knew he had killed the original god himself with Asmodaus's help. "That throne in the sky is not for you, King of Deceivers, Lucifer."he heard the voice before it faded. The vision blinded by the divine light made him scream in rage. The false king was terrified for now...The true king had returned to Teyvet. And Fenrir was baring its fangs right at the floating city in the heavens.

The Ragnarök War had only just begun.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.5K 44
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be actually Isekai'd. Not reading a character going to another world but you yourself getting sent to...
18 4 1
DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK TWO OF THE PANDORA SERIES. ADDITIONALLY, SOME EXPLAINATIONS ARE NONCANON. CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND DEPI...
249K 8.5K 30
you're holding me and holding back. | 暗黙の a scaramouche x reader au where you experience your first heartbreak. as you try to move on just like any...
22.3K 611 14
"Why is it those beautiful eyes, deep as the sea...seem to always be...so lost?" Lumine has mixed emotion in regards to the 11th Harbinger after the...