ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʏ ᴍᴀʀʏ, ʷᵉⁿᶜˡᵃⁱʳ

dylan_hart

☾ ⋆ 。✭ ⋆。 ゚⋆ ☼ 【 ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟғ, ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴅᴀᴍs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀʀᴇ sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇs. 】 ❝ ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғᴀᴛ... Еще

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅʏ ᴍᴀʀʏ
ɪ. | ᴀ ᴡᴏᴇғᴜʟ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ
ɪɪɪ. | ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴡᴏᴇ
ɪᴠ | ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴡᴏᴇ

ɪɪ. | ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴇs ᴏғ sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇs

2.7K 149 119
dylan_hart

Nora stirred, waking slowly, calmly. She was warm, confortable...the feeling of safety was strong, wrapped around her carefully. The scent of strawberry and something sweet like candy — is that some kind of perfume? she mused — was invading her senses. She hummed and burrowed more into the warmth and the nice scent.

Wait...

She jerked up, eyes wide as she took in the brightly colored blankets and fluffy pillow that had been under her head. She flushed and glanced around, finding neither of the other girls in the room. Blood rushed more heavily to her face as she realized one of them had picked her up and moved her to Enid's bed while she was asleep, not wanting to bother her.

A part of her heart lurched happily at the thought of her soulmates taking her health into consideration and letting her catch up on the sleep she desperately needed.

Nora studiously ignored it and stood up, stretching. She sighed as her back popped satisfyingly and she shuffled forward, finding her luggage neatly stored near the wall of their dorm room. She ducked down and grabbed a clean pair of loose jeans and an overly large baggy t-shirt. She made her way towards their bathroom and freshened up quickly, pulling on the clothes. She rushed out of the bathroom, dumping her dirty clothes into the hamper to be washed and snatched her cap, tugging it on. She struggled to pull on her shoes, muttering curses under her breath as she almost fell over trying to yank them on.

She grinned when her shoes finally slipped properly on her feet and snatched her backpack from the ground, looping it over her shoulders and venturing out of the dorm room. Nora raced down the stairs, taking two at a time and only almost falling once — she counted it as a win. The cold air was nice on her face and she took a deep breath as she walked through the courtyard. Nobody else was around — classes were going on at the moment and, while Nora knew she would probably get yelled at, she decided to skip until after lunch.

She found a small, quiet place in the crook of one of the windows and leaned against the wall, stretching her legs across the ledge as she opened her backpack, withdrawing her sketchbook and pencil, easily falling into the routine she had at her old school — avoiding everyone and everything and being sucked into her own world through her drawings.

Nora didn't know how much time had passed when something wet hit her nose. She blinked, bewildered before more drops smacked her in the face. "Fuck, shit, damnit—" Muttered curses escaped her lips as she hauled up her things, hurriedly stuffing her sketchbook back into her bag as rain began to pour down from above.

She glanced up just in time to see Wednesday stepping out from the school, unfolding a black umbrella to rest casually against her shoulder as she started walking into the rain. Nora's stomach gave a lurch at the sight and she curled her fingers into her palms, telling herself to calm down despite her heart leaping in her ribcage.

"Wednes—"

Nora's voice faded off as a cracking sound echoed. She glanced up at the same time as Wednesday did. A stone gargoyle above her on an arch began to crumble and move forward on its own. Nora made a choked sound of alarm as it was suddenly shoved off, hurtling towards Wednesday.

Nora lunged forward quickly towards the dark haired girl, feeling her power spark at her fingertips. She tossed her hand forward, angry red mist exploding through the air and sailing at the gargoyle just as someone tackled Wednesday out of the way with a shout of her name. The gargoyle burst into pieces when her power hit it, sending shards of rock everywhere.

She hissed as one smacked into her head, causing her to stumble.

Nora wobbled, gasping in pain as she tried to step towards Wednesday who was on the ground, eyes closed. Her vision wavered and the world tilted on its axis, twisting before the ground came closer and closer.

By the time Nora hit the ground, she was out.

"—didn't even see her there!" a boy's voice was raised. "How the hell is it my fault? You're the one who should be thanking me. I saved your life."

"If she does not wake up in two minutes, you can guarantee that yours will be over," Wednesday's voice hissed out lowly.

"Again, did you forget that I saved your life?"

"And yet here is my—" Wednesday's voice cut off, a harsh breath sounding. "—my roommate unconscious on an infirmary bed." There was a shuffling sound, along with a small noise like a pocket knife being unsheathed. "You better count the last few seconds that you are able to live because I am going to make your death miserable."

"Unbelievable," the boy muttered.

Nora groaned, stirring awake.

"King," Wednesday's voice said, much closer than it was. "Nora."

Nora forced her eyes open. Another groan left her lips as she slowly pushed herself up, instantly dizzy. She almost slumped over before a hand shot out, holding her shoulder firmly. Nora blinked a couple of times, trying to focus.

"Nora, look at me," a commanding voice demanded.

Nora lulled her head to the side, coming face to face with Wednesday. "Wha—" Her tongue felt like led in her mouth and she swallowed before trying again. "What happen'd?"

"You obliterated a gargoyle that almost ended my disturbing existence," Wednesday deadpanned and reached out, grabbing Nora's chin and forcing her to keep her focus on her when Nora tried to look away. "It was marvelous, really." Dark eyes had a strange glint in them, something that promised destruction. "Just a wave of your hand and you completely destroyed a stone statue without even thinking twice. Magnificent."

Nora scrunched up her nose, trying to hold onto the words. "Huh?"

Wednesday tilted her head, observing her sharply. "You have a concussion. I'm taking you back to our dorm room to rest and recover." It wasn't a question. But Nora nodded anyways, slumping in Wednesday's hands because, even if she didn't know a thing about Wednesday Addams, she was still one of her soulmates, and the instinct of their bond was the only thing she could trust when her brain was so foggy. Wednesday's thumb traced lightly over her skin and Nora peeked up at her as dark eyes stared back at her, almost as if in a trance. But it was gone as soon as it came as Wednesday pulled away. "Let's go."

Nora nodded and instantly regretted it, a pounding agony racing through her head as she stifled a groan, bending over.

Wednesday let out a small breath before reaching down and picking Nora up in one swift movement. Nora made a strangled sound from the back of her throat, as Wednesday started off from the infirmary, not a glance behind at the boy they walked past.

Nora grinned a little when Wednesday didn't falter even as Nora readjusted herself in her arms. "Strong," she muttered, letting her head rest against her soulmate's shoulder.

Wednesday let out a short chuckle. "Grave digging has its perks."

Nora snorted, giggling quietly even if she wasn't completely aware of why she was in the first place.

"We're here, mon chéri," Wednesday said.

Nora blinked, finding herself back in their dorm room. Wednesday gently laid her on her own bed, pulling the black covers up to her shoulder. Nora squirmed around for a moment, getting comfortable as she rested her head on Wednesday's pillow.

"Sleep, mon chéri," Wednesday murmured, fingertips brushing against Nora's cheek. "I will look out for you."

Nora's eyes fluttered shut at the promise.

A door banged open and Nora's eyes peeked open blearily.

"I heard what happened!" Enid's voice exclaimed loudly. "Are you two okay?"

"Enid," Wednesday heaved out, exasperated. "Lower your voice."

Enid grumbled before a sharp inhale cut her off. "Oh my god," she whispered and Nora looked up to see a blurry Enid bounding towards her, fretting at the edge of the bed. Colored nails reached out and traced the bandage on her forehead before she whirled on Wednesday, who sat up straighter in the seat she had apparently pulled up close to the bed. Blue eyes narrowed. "You're both hurt." She put her hands on her hips, glancing between the two. "What actually happened?"

"I thought you already heard," Wednesday mocked.

Enid huffed, unamused. "I want to hear it from you."

Wednesday stilled, contemplating before sighing and started explaining the story.

Nora fell back asleep as Enid's hand landed on her head, lightly scratching her scalp soothingly.

The third time Nora woke up, she was lucid enough to think properly, She grunted, shifting before a weight made her pause. She glanced over her shoulder to see blonde hair sprawled along the black pillows, Enid's arm wrapped around her waist.

"You're awake."

Nora snapped to attention, seeing Wednesday leave the bathroom, her braids mused and eyes slightly sleepy still, dressed in black shorts and a tank top. She cocked an eyebrow at at her soulmate as Wednesday walked over, sitting down stiffly on the edge of the bed and Nora blinked, realizing there was enough space in front of her for someone to lay down in.

"How are you feeling?" Wednesday asked.

Nora shrugged the best she could. "Better." She paused and tilted her head. "I can actually think this time." Wednesday let out a breath of amusement. Nora squinted at her. "What happened when I was out?"

"What do you remember?" Wednesday countered.

Nora observed her for a moment. "I remember you carrying me to our room. Enid came in completely frantic later on. That's it pretty much."

Wednesday was still before nodding. "That's exactly what happened."

Nora hummed, knowing Wednesday was keeping something from her. "Right." She gestured behind her. "What happened to make this happen?"

"Enid wanted to be close to you. Our bond was in distress. It calms down in close proximity," Wednesday explained and pointedly looked away from her.

Nora grinned a bit, leaning forward. "Uh-huh. And what about you?"

"What about me, King?"

Nora's grin widened. "You didn't, I don't know, join in? Right here?" She patted at the spot in front of her.

Wednesday scoffed, though her ears were slightly pink. "Don't be absurd, King."

Nora snorted. "Sure, Addams. I totally believe you."

Wednesday ignored her. "The teachers have said that you have to attend the afternoon classes whenever you wake up. So, I would suggest getting ready."

She stood and swiftly made her way back to the bathroom, grabbing her uniform on her way.

Nora snorted and rolled her eyes, attempting to get up only for a solid weight to keep her there. She sighed, glancing at the arm wrapped around her. "Wait, wait, Wednesday, how am I supposed—"

The bathroom door slammed shut.

"—to get out of the bed?" she finished, groaning. Nora glanced at Enid and poked her shoulder. "Wake up, Enid."

Enid snored in response.

Nora sighed. "Fuck."

☾ ⋆ 。✭ ⋆。 ゚⋆ ☼
Chapter Word Count: 1,864

Enid is a heavy sleeper and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Wednesday calling Nora "mon chéri" and Enid "mon chiot" (eventually)? Yes, please.

Nora is a mess but aren't we all? Honestly, she has bad luck so of course I had to make it where she got a concussion on the first day. And it's completely believable that Enid and Wednesday laid down beside Nora when she was passed out because of their bond in distress. Enid definitely coaxed Wednesday into laying with them until she eventually agreed, stating that she would only lay on the other side of Nora because Enid likes to squirm when she first lays down when she's trying to get comfortable.

This isn't gonna be a fast paced burn, let me tell you. There's definitely going to be miscommunication and a lot of angst before our girls figure everything out. This was just a moment of fluff for you guys before we dive into the story.

Be prepared.

Because the angst is about to begin soon.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
137K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
87.9K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
1.1M 36.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...