The Not-So-Bad Boy Next Door

By kuuanelahiwahiwa

Not even 24 hours of being in Cali and I'm being hit on by a walking Ken Doll, aka Aiden Mathews, the boy nex... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Bad Luck
Chapter 2: Runaway
Chapter 3: First Day
Chapter 4: The Big Old Oak Tree
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Author's Note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
You Do Not Need To Read The Sequel If You Don't Want To
Living With Mr. Hot-Shot
LIVING WITH MR. HOT-SHOT IS UP

Chapter 42

536 23 0
By kuuanelahiwahiwa

Claire's POV

        "Ugh, I'm so tired," Alice complains while taking off her shoes and plopping down on the couch. She stretches her body out and takes up the entire couch. We just got back from Maddie's party and well lets just say that a little five year old wanted us to do everything with her. And by everything, I mean dancing to Just Dance 4, jump roping, playing soccer, eating cake, and running around and doing everything she did. I'm exhausted from today, but I don't regret doing anything. The smile on her face made it all worth it though.

        I drop my bag on the ground and sit on the bean bag that I dragged down from my room. I close my eyes and start to fall asleep, but before I could drift off into a deep slumber, someone jumped onto the bean bag and sent me flying off. I groan when my body hits the hard floor. I rub my bottom and start glaring at Kyle. He scrunches up his face before he's starts to guffaw. Lee and Ryder start to laugh along, and Jules joins them soon.

        I huff and stand back up. I sit on Kyle and purposely put all of my weight on him. He laughs harder and I slap his chest. He smirks, "If this is you saying you want to get back together than keep it up." I gasp and scramble off of his lap. I hop onto the couch with Alice sprawled out on. She groans when I fall on her and tries to shove me off.

        I sit up and lift her feet up before sliding under. "Sorry, Ally." I sigh and rest my head on the arm rest. I get up and walk up to my room. I look over at Aiden's window and see him sitting there frowning. I grimace and then walk over to my window and shut the curtains. I sigh and fall onto my bed and drift off into a deep sleep.

        I get up from my bed and change into a black skirt and a cropped top. I looked at the final product and then grab my keys and walk out the door and down the stairs. I run down the stairs and find Alice and Jules waiting with their stuff at the door. I walk down and Jules is already saying, "Took you long enough."

        I roll my eyes and grab my keys off of the table. We walk out of the house and walk up to Spencer's truck. He volunteered to drive us and go and watch a movie with us, along with shopping.

        We get in the car and Jules calls shotgun. Spence and Jules instantly start talking, and Alice and I start to fan girl over them without them hearing us. They are so cute together and I think they might like each other too. I mean sure they tease each other and say a few things to each other, but their relationship is kind of like Aiden and I's. Damn why did I have to think about Aiden? It already kills me seeing him sad, and then I think about what happened and die all over again.

        "Claire," Alice whispers while lightly nudging me with her arm. I turn to her and she nods towards Spence and Jules. I grin and then shout along with the song Wild Life by Jack and Jack. Both of them jump and Alice laughs while trying to sing with me. Spencer looks straight and stops talking to Jules.

        We get to the mall in no time. By no time I mean with the endless chatter of Spence and Jules and the fangirling from Alice and I.

        We get out of the truck and start walking to the mall. I pull out my phone and look at the time. It's only 2:15 and the movie starts at 4:00. I slide my phone back into my bag. I walk through the doors and grab onto Alice before pulling her into Forever 21. We start looking at things and I turn around to see Spence and Jules standing there awkwardly. Alice and I laugh while we look through clothes.

        I look back out and see Spencer and Jules walking to the line of McDonald's. I laugh and continue on with looking at clothes. I look over at Alice and see her holding a couple of dresses.

        We walk to the register and pay for the clothes. We walk out, with our bags in our hands, over to McDonald's. Alice walks over to Spencer and Jules and takes a seat next to Jules. I walk up to the cash register and order two 20 piece chicken nuggets, 2 large fries, a parfait, a chocolate sundae, and a large vanilla shake.

        I wait for the food and then walk back to the table with all the food on a tray. I sit next to Spence and hand Alice her food. Spencer tries to steal some fries and I swat his hand.

        "Oh come on, Claire. Sharing is caring," he says while trying to grab some of the fries. I swat his hand away and open up a sauce and dip my chicken nugget into it. I take a sip of my shake and continue to swat his hand away. He groans and after a while he gives up and starts to attack Alice's box. I flick his temple he uses this opportunity to steal some of my fries. I huff and continue to eat my nuggets.

        So we just finished eating everything at McDonald's and now we're walking around the mall going into random stores. Spencer somehow ended up with all of my fries and half of my shake. I don't know how he did, but he managed to take it all. Alice and Jules ate Alice's food since Jules, who was acting just like Spencer, wasn't taking no. She ended up taking her sundae and my parfait. I also saw them share quite a few glances and when Alice and I caught them, we sent each other a look.

        Oh okay back to reality, we just walked out of Aeropostale. Spencer hasn't complained at all, which is really unusual and peculiar. He always says something, even when the reason we're out is because of him. The weirdest part is he actually volunteered to come and to drive us. I seriously think he likes Jules.

        "Hey so where are we going next?" Alice asks while checking her phone. Jules looks around before pointing to Charlotte Russe. Alice nods and they start walking there.

        "Hey, uh, we're going to go and get something from Cookie Corner. Want anything?" I ask. They shake their heads and walk towards Charlotte Russe. I grab onto Spencer's forearm and drag him to Cookie Corner. When Alice and Jules are out of sight, off somewhere in the store, I stop and drop Spencer's arm.

        "What are you doing?" Spencer asks while looking towards Charlotte Russe. I grab his shoulders and say, "We need to talk. You never want to go shopping and now you volunteered to take us shopping. You haven't complained at all, when you're normally the one that won't keep his mouth shut. What's going on? I know you like Jules so don't you dare try lying to me, but how much do you like her."

        "I don't know what you're talking about," he murmurs while walking up to the register at Cookie Corner. He orders four chocolate chip cookies and then he patiently waits for the worker to give him the cookies. "Spence I'm serious." I stand in front in front of him and give him a pointed look.

        "Okay. I like her. A lot and I don't know. She's just different. She's not like any other girl. I can see what Aiden was talking about." He says and then his eyes widen when he realizes what he just said.

        "What are you talking about, King?" I ask while grabbing the bag from the worker. I pull out of cookie and start chewing on the gooey goodness.

        "Uh, Aiden really likes you and I've noticed he's done some pretty stupid things when it comes to you. He goes out of his way because he likes you. Anyone can see it but the two of you. That's why Kale was jealous. Cause neither one of you could see something that has always been there. He likes you and I always tease him about it, but now I see what liking someone does to you." He says, his eyes furrowed, his lips into a tight smile, and his gaze on Charlotte Russe.

        "Claire I know this is the worst timing to ask, with everything that happened with Aiden and all, but I really like Jules. Could I have your 'blessing' to ask her out? I'm not going to break her heart. I like her too much for that, and I know she's leaving to go back home, but I'll wait for her if I have to. I like her that much."

        We walk into Charlotte Russe and see the girls by the accessories and shoes. Spencer cracks a smile at Jules trying on some of the glasses. I look at him and see nothing but adoration in his eyes. I sigh and lightly elbow him. He blinks a few times then looks down at me. "Go ahead. I'll be good to see you both happy." I ask while finishing off my cookie. A grin breaks out onto his face and he pulls me into a tight hug, cutting off the air flow through my lungs. When he finally lets go I'm gasping for air. He saunters over to Jules and Alice with a huge grin on his face.

        We just finished shopping and now we're heading home. It has been a long day. Actually it's been a hectic day. We ran into Alissa at the mall and she practically rubbed her kissing Aiden in my face. Spencer told her off and send her and her friends away. Her appearance dampened my mood.

        Spencer pulls up in my driveway and I see Madison playing with Sammy on her front lawn. I get out of the car and see Aiden walk out of his house while Maddie runs towards me. I crouch down and Maddie pulls me into a hug. Sammy knocks into my side and we all fall onto the grass. Maddie and I start laughing and Sammy licks our faces.

        "Sammy!" Madison laughs. He stops and then starts to lick her face again. He jumps onto my and I groan. He lays on us and i can't help but think about the term 'dog pile'.

        We both push him off and get up. Aiden walks up to us and I look down at the ground. I start to pet Sammy and Aiden clears his throat. "Maddie we have to leave soon. You have your doctors appointment. Remember?" She looks up at me and pouts. She turns back to Aiden and slowly nods her head.

        I get up and ruffle her hair. She scrunches up her nose and swats my hand away while taking large steps away from me. She calls Sammy and he follows her into the house, leaving me and Aiden alone. I awkwardly stand there for a few seconds before I turn and start to walk away. Aiden lightly grabs onto my arm and turns me around.

        "Claire, can we please talk? Please?" Aiden asks while his whole body sulks down.

        I slowly shake my head, "I don't want to talk Aiden."

        "I know. Okay I know. I just want to talk through things. I hate us being like this."

        I snicker, "Yeah I hate it too. But who got us like this in the first place. I don't want to talk and I mean it. I'm not ready to talk." With that I pull out of his grip and walk over to my house, tearing forming in my eyes, and me blinking away the ones threatening to spill. I walk into the door and close it before leaning my back on it and sliding down to the floor. I sit there for a few seconds before I walk up to my room and ended up having another night of endless tears, never-ending heartbreak, and the worst of them all, feeling all alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 2.7K 33
❝he came in jinyoung's life like the summer solstice and he kept coming back to him each year with the familiar warmth❞ ----- a small town boy like j...
34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
334K 6.3K 56
"Why aren't you scared?" I whine and he laughs. "Come on, you wouldn't dare hurt me with that. It's too risky, and I can get out of this easily...
79.1K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...