LOVEBOMB โ”โ” tyler galpin

By svnsetcrve

๐–๐„๐ƒ๐๐„๐’๐ƒ๐€๐˜ | Evie Ashford was caught between two worlds and never knew which one to go to. So, she fi... More

SYNOPSIS.
ACT ONE: THE ARRIVAL OF WEDNESDAY ADDAMS.
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ a heart full of woe
๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿญ wednesday addams and the woe of having roommates

๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ the woe of fencing foes

151 10 0
By svnsetcrve

 ( chapter two )
THE WOE OF FENCING FOES.

Evie laid on her bed as she ignored Wednesday removing the colorful tints Enid had put on the large circular glass window that was prominent in their room. She had told Wednesday that Enid wouldn't like that, and when Wednesday told her she didn't care, well, Evie figured it was a fight that wasn't her own.

She had never minded the tints, as Enid was a very colorful person, but she also wasn't going to stop Wednesday if she truly hated the color so much. It wasn't her favorite part of their room so, she could live without it.

When the door to their room opened, Evie looked up to see the blonde girl herself staring angrily at Wednesday. "What the hell did you do to my room?" Enid snapped. She moved closer to Wednesday but stopped so they still had a good distance. "Dividing our room equally. It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." Wednesday responded, moving to sit at her desk.

Enid turned around to Evie sharply, asking for some type of explanation. Evie sat up. "I came into the room and she was already halfway done, so, there wasn't much to say besides Enid wouldn't like this." Enid turned back around to Wednesday. "I—"

"Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time." Wednesday cut off, preparing a type writer for some work. "Your writing time?" Enid questioned. "I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your blog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation." Wednesday spat in a monotoned voice. It was strange, how her words would be so hurtful and rude yet her tone never wavered.

"I write in my voice. It's my truth. It's what my followers love." Enid defended, making Wednesday turn around. "Your followers are clearly imbeciles. They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

Evie stood, watching as Wednesday walked closer to Enid. She wasn't one to get in the middle of two girls when they fought, but something told her that she should be ready just incase. Enid could protect herself, but that didn't mean she should always have to.

Enid scoffed. "Uh, you mean, emojis? It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you." Evie smirked lightly at that, proud of her peppy friend for spitting back. "When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole." Wednesday responded, turning around to walk back to her type writer. "By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If you're going to gossip about me, at least spell my name correctly."

Enid breathed heavily for a moment before smirking to herself, grabbing a remote and pressing play for her peppy pop music to start up. She began dancing around, obviously trying her best to upset Wednesday. "This is horrific." Evie chuckled lightly, though she didn't object when Enid grabbed her hands and forced her to move around to the music. She figured Enid needed a win.

"Turn that off." Wednesday snapped, glaring back towards Enid. Enid just continued to dance, staring Wednesday directly in the eyes. "This is your final warning." Wednesday spoke again, walking back towards Enid.

Enid let Evie go before pulling out her claws towards Wednesday. "Rawr! Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them." Evie smirked once more, the proudness in her chest growing more and more. It wasn't often Enid actually let someone know to back off and she was glad that the girl was doing it. Even if she thought Wednesday was cool.

"Good evening, girls. Oh, sorry about the mud." Ms. Thornhill spoke as she walked into the three girls room. Enid quickly put the claws away and turned to face towards the teacher, Evie standing by the blondes side while Wednesday just looked towards the woman with a glare that seemed to always be on her face.

"I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was setting in." She continued before looking at the clear separation of the room. Ms. Thornhill looked down and noticed the black tape that was separating the two sides of the room before she looked back up at the three girls once more with a chuckle. "Ah. Is this a bad time?"

When no one responded, Ms. Thornhill walked further into the room. "I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome. And that Evie has done her best to keep some type of peace."

"She's been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favor. In her sleep." Wednesday responded, obviously pointing her words to Enid. Enids eyes widened as she sent a small look in Wednesdays direction. Ms. Thornhill just smiled, trying to change the subject just a bit. "Well, here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of my girls. And when I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one."

"The black dahlia." Wednesday spoke, almost happily. "Oh, you know it?" Ms. Thornhill questioned excitedly. Evie thought that was a bit weird, the black dahlia wasn't a very unknown name or a very unknown flower. "Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder." Wednesday responded.

Ms. Thornhill's eyes widened a bit as she tried to not look a bit unnerved. "Thank you." Wednesday spoke after a moment. Another split second passed before Ms. Thornhill began speaking again. "Okey-dokey. Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, and no boys, ever."

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday questioned. "Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25-minute walk, or there's a shuttle on the weekends. The locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore, so please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes." Ms. Thornhill turned to Enid. "That means keep your claws to yourself," then she looked to Evie, "no sirening anyone for any reason," and finally back to Wednesday, "and no smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?"

When none of the girls responded, Ms. Thornhill just smiled. "Great talk." She was quick to head for the door after that, leaving with a wave.

Evie just put her headphones back in her ears and moved to go back on her bed, the other two going their separate ways as well.

———————

Nevermore was all about fencing. No matter how good or bad someone was, they were put in the class while the best of the best joined the team, led by Bianca Barclay herself.

Evie had always found fencing to be, fine, as she did most things. It wasn't something she was particularly invested in but she didn't dislike it either. So, when Bianca told her to join the team, Evie figured she might as well.

The glory of winning wasn't something Evie sought after, sure, she had her fair share of victories but they never meant much to her. They meant the world to her mother, though.

So, Evie continued with it and continued to win. She figured that it was best to keep her parents happy because when they were happy, they had less of a reason to come to the school.

Though today wasn't about the team, it was just class. Which meant as Evie stood across from her little sister, it was all in good fun and practice.

"Did you hear? Your new roommate kills animals just to try and bring them back to life. Aiden found that out from a girl in your year." Missy Ashford spoke as she went to strike Evie. Evie dodged quickly, rolling her eyes lightly. "You need to take everything Aiden says with a grain of salt. Especially when it comes from unnamed sources."

Missy went to strike again, though she quickly found her footing to be off when she fell on her butt. Evie put a hand out, allowing her younger sibling to pull herself back up again.

"Why? Is it untrue?" Missy responded, getting back into position. Evie shrugged. "Who knows but Aidens just about the worst source around." Missy laughed lightly. "True. You know you love him though."

Evie grimaced. "I tolerate him at most. My life would run far smoother if he wasn't around I'll say that." Missy chuckled, shrugging slightly. "I won't say you're wrong." Evie smirked. "That's because you can't. You know I'm right there's no way around it."

Missy rolled her eyes. "Just lunge at me already." Evies smirk grew as she did just that, somehow catching her sister off guard as Evie scored another point. The brunette looked down at her sister, almost disappointed. "You literally told me to lunge at you and you still weren't ready for it."

Missy scoffed, helping herself off the floor. "You didn't warn me. And besides, I let you have that one." Evie raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really?"

"Yes. I've just been letting you win all day to give you some much needed confidence, oh sister of mine." Missy continued, not stopping the bit. Evie nodded slowly. "Okay. Well, it seems I'm just no match for you. You need someone who's going to challenge you... why don't I have Bianca come over and work with you?"

Evie smirked as Missys eyes grew, fear evident on her face. She didn't exactly feel like dying that day by challenging Bianca Barclay, so, there was only one other option. Missy just smiled innocently toward her sister. "Kidding?"

Evie rolled her eyes but the smirk didn't leave her lips. "Thought so. Now, let's work on your Parry. You keep bending your arms too much when I attack and it leaves you vulnerable to my attack. You need to block me by only moving your blade, keep the arm straight." Missy nodded, moving into a defensive position with her arm straight.

Evie went to lunge, attacking as Missy blocked. "Good. Now Riposte." Evie spoke and Missy did exactly that, countering Evies attack. Missy grew excited at that, watching as her sister nodded her head, proud. "I'm so good at this!" Missy cheered, dancing around a bit. "Slow down before someone challenges that." Evie instructed, her sister stopping her little dance party.

Missy was a lot like Enid and Evie supposed that's why she got on well with the blonde. The two were both high maintenance but saw light in the world. Overjoyed about little things while the big things didn't even seem to cross their mind.

"Woah." Missy spoke, staring forward all of a sudden. Evie moved, turning to attention to whatever Missy was looking at, or who. She was pretty easy to spot with the full black fencing attire and braids in her hair. It was Wednesday.

Evie noted how Wednesday stopped before Bianca and Rowan, the boy complaining from the ground. Rowan was... weird, even for Nevermore. Evie hadn't exactly been close with him but she knew Xavier was. Well, Xavier was the only one who had ever been close to Rowan.

"Anyone else want to challenge me?" Bianca questioned to the room, looking around at the students who had all just been minding their business before that moment. "I do." Wednesday spoke, capturing Bianca's attention. Bianca smirked. "Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in."

Evie frowned. "Bianca." Bianca just turned around momentarily, sending a sharp look to Evie. Evie frowned, crossing her arms over her chest letting the two get back to it. Bianca was obviously now pissed at her for standing up for Wednesday, and she didn't need that.

"You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee." Wednesday shot back, getting Bianca's attention once more. "Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stringers, and they drop dead."

"Ooh!" Kids around muttered to themselves, causing Bianca to frown. She looked back toward Wednesday. "Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless, he's lazy." Wednesday didn't switch her gaze. "Are we doing this or not?"

Bianca nodded sharply, the two moving to get into position. "En garde." Coach Vlad smirked, ready to see what the new girl around had to show. Both of the girls put their masks on and they were off, going back and forth with strikes just trying to gain a point.

Suddenly, too fast for Evie to even fully catch what had happened, Wednesday had crouched and had the end of her blade on Bianca's stomach. "Point to Wednesday." Coach Vlad spoke, watching both girls intently.

They got back into position before they both began battling once again. Wednesday went low once again, but this time Bianca was ready for it. She dodged it quick before hitting the top of Wednesdays mask and gaining a point. "The score is even." Coach Vlad announced.

Both girls took their masks off, Bianca smiling wide at an annoyed Wednesday. "That first point was clearly beginners luck. Let's finish this." The two circled each other before Wednesday turned to Coach Vlad. "For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips. Winner draws first blood."

Evie caught Enids eye at that, who had been watching from beside Yoko. Upon catching the look Enid was giving her, Evie just shrugged. She had no idea what Bianca was going to do or if she was going to take on the challenge.

"It's your decision, Bianca." Coach Vlad voiced after a moment of hesitation from Bianca. The sirens gaze set on Wednesday before it grew cold, and Evie then knew Bianca wouldn't be backing down from anything. "Let's see if you bleed in black and white."

She threw her mask to the floor and Wednesday immediately went towards her, spinning as their blades collided. They both masterfully blocked the others attack, neither wanting to lose.

Evie would be the first to admit, they were both extremely talented. And the battle could go either way.

They continued to fight and it seemed Wednesday had the upper hand, until Bianca pushed her away and sliced her blade through the air... making contact with Wednesdays forehead and drawing blood. She had won.

Wednesday wiped the blood from her forehead, shocked. It was obvious she had not expected to lose. The room was silent for a little until Bianca just smiled. "Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed."

Evie just looked at her younger sister, who was already looking back at her. "Come on, let's get back to practicing before someone takes our mat."

AUTHORS NOTE!
wow this is crazy. me, finally updating the book with a chapter I've almost had finished since december. oops. but I've got some inspiration to write so I'm using it while I can!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 33.9K 61
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
79.5K 5.6K 25
Story starts from current track....where everyone blames Abhira for not telling Chaaru's affairs to them .... Then everyone scolded her including arm...
288K 8.7K 63
โ Shut up,โž โ Make me, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...