𝟬𝟭 wednesday addams and the woe of having roommates

 ( chapter one )
WEDNESDAY ADDAMS AND THE WOE OF HAVING ROOMMATES.

Evie watched Enid with a slight smirk plastered on her face as the blonde moved around their room in a rush

Evie watched Enid with a slight smirk plastered on her face as the blonde moved around their room in a rush. The two would be getting a third roommate today, something uncommon at Nevermore.

Principal Weems had said that since Ophelia Hall was so much bigger than the other dorm rooms, it was the perfect place to fit a third girl. Evie just thought there was no more open space anywhere else as they were already halfway through the term.

So, Enid continued to clean up. She wanted to make a good impression on their new friend, her words not Evies. And Evie took that as her leave to let Enid do as she pleased. It didn't hurt her that in the fuss her space would get a good cleansing too.

"You know, I heard she killed someone." Enid spoke, eyes wide. Evie moved around for a moment, criss-crossing her legs as she sat up. "Is that the real reason why you're cleaning so much? You don't want a germaphobe who kills you when you sleep?" Evie smirked as the image went into Enids mind.

And then Enid threw a stuffed animal at her.

"Hey!" Evie gasped, throwing it back on top of her friends bed. "There is no time for joking, Eves. Ajax said she stabbed someone. I really don't want to be stabbed." Enid worried, cleaning more.

Evie rolled her eyes slightly, leaning back down on her bed. "You're worrying too much. As long as you get on this girls good side you won't have to worry about her killing you." Enid shook her head. "You're horrible. How are you not worried?"

"Because I don't care about this as much as you do, E. Either we have a cool roommate or someone who's never killed anyone, that's about as far as I think about it." Evie shrugged, slipping part of her headphones back into her ear.

Enid huffed. "Your definition of cool is very worrisome." But this time Evie just ignored her friend, knowing that after a moment Enid would give up on continuing the conversation and would go back to cleaning their room.

It happened faster than Evie had expected.

She smirked to herself when she was able to put her other headphone in, closing her eyes as the music took over her thoughts. While Enid turned on her own music, singing loudly along with the pop tunes, Evie found comfort in the solace of her own drab ones.

She supposed they worked well together, to an extent. Enid seemed to bring out something close to a smile from Evie while Evie helped Enid focus on the things that mattered while not freaking out over the little things. One of them was often working harder than the other on their task, though.

Evie played with her necklace instinctively, twiddling with the golden chain like she always seemed to do. All Sirens at Nevermore had a similar chain, one that kept their powers basically dormant when they wore it. It made it so other students didn't live in fear of the Sirens and their abilities, they could trust their own minds around the slipper serpents.