Suggestion

By Anxiety_Written_102

Midoriya has become an annoyance to the league. Killing Midoriya has proven too difficult, and the league has... More

Chapter 1: Young Heroes
Chapter 2: Suggestion
Chapter 3: Memories
Chapter 4: Fun Proposal
Chapter 5: Declaration of Lust
Chapter 6: Refusal
Chapter 7: Have Some Fun
Chapter 8: First Mission
Chapter 9: Reunion
Chapter 10: Protection
Chapter 11: Relationships
Chapter 12: Rescue
Chapter 13: No...
Chapter 14: Whiplash
Part 15: How to Process
Part 16: Confide in Her
Chapter 17: Night with the Bros
Part 18: No Longer Held Back
Chapter 19: Love
Chapter 20: What Will You Choose?
Chapter 21: One Last Time
Chapter 23: Fond Memories

Chapter 22: Move Forward

134 0 0
By Anxiety_Written_102

The scene behind Midoriya lit the night sky as he ran far from the villains. Everything in sight seemed to glow that beautiful blue as the flames spread to the surrounding forest. The same blue as the eyes he so easily got lost in.

Everything went silent. Midoriya could feel the ground beneath his feet. He kept a hold on the twins on his back, and he could feel Yuya's tears soaking into his sleeve. However, he couldn't hear anything. His body moved forward, but his mind remained trapped. Was there something he could have done differently? Should he have stayed? This was the only option, right? Could things have been different? Would Dabi still be alive if Midoriya hadn't fallen in love with him? Was this his fault?

"Izuku! Look, there's people up ahead!" shouted Yuya.

Heroes! The eruption must have alerted them. As Midoriya neared the approaching heroes, he could make out some of the local heroes along with more familiar faces like Endeavor and Mr. Aizawa. Beyond his teacher, he saw two figures struggling to get past.

"Todoroki! Kacchan!"

Not even bothering to acknowledge the heroes, Midoriya raced past, jumping into the arms of the two people who were there for him the most the last few months. He wrapped an arm around each of their necks, pulling them close.

"How'd you guys know I was here?" asked Midoriya.

Todoroki returned the hug with a hand on Midoriya's arm as he answered. "They were sloppier this time when they kidnapped you. One of the guards they attacked was able to give some information that led us to this city. Then the explosion drew us here."

"How many times do you plan to get captured this year, you shitty nerd?!" shouted Bakugou.

"You can't talk, Bakugou. You were kidnapped once too," said Todoroki.

"Shut up! And how long until you tell us why these brats are with you?!"

"You've got stinky breath," said Yuta as he scrunched up his nose at Bakugou.

Midoriya looked over his shoulder, suddenly remembering his extra baggage. Each twin was clutching his shoulders for dear life, nearly nose to nose with Bakugou and Todoroki. Midoriya jumped back, gently crouching down to let them off.

"I'm so sorry kids! I was just so happy to find help that I just-"

"Forgot we were here," said Yuta.

"Shush! Let Izu be happy for a minute," said Yuya.

"Give me that brat! Someone's got to teach him a lesson!" shouted Bakugou. Midoriya nervously smiled at his childhood friend, trying to think of how to refuse the demand.

"Midoriya," said Mr. Aizawa, "we need you to tell us everything that happened."

Flashes of the last 24 hours obstructed all the adrenaline keeping Midoriya stable. He nodded, knowing he couldn't avoid it forever. Midoriya gave his teacher the basic rundown of the situation, leaving out some of the more private conversations he had with Dabi.

Containing the fire and the following investigation were left to the pro-heroes. Although Midoriya wanted to stay in hopes of hearing how the situation ended up, he realized it'd be impossible to know what happened for sure. Dabi's power was so intense it would have incinerated everything, including himself. So, he didn't argue when Mr. Aizawa told him to follow them back to the police station for a report. Todoroki gently rubbed Midoriya's back, leading him towards the police car, but Midoriya stopped in his tracks when he heard Yuya sobbing and Yuta screaming for someone to let go of his sister.

"What's going on?!" asked Midoriya, running over to the police officer gripping Yuya's tiny wrist.

"We need to take these children to the station, but they are struggling."

"Can't they go in the same car as me?" asked Midoriya.

"Midoriya-" started Mr. Aizawa.

"We're going to the same place, right? So, why not?" interrupted Midoriya.

"Those two were the reason you were brainwashed, correct?" asked Mr Aizawa. He held his hand up to silence Midoriya before he could answer. "They need to be processed separately for now, so that we can see how your state of mind is after coming in contact with them again."

"They are just kids, sensei. They are orphans. They have nowhere to go! I promise they weren't with the league by choice!"

"That's fine, but that doesn't change anything. You don't have to worry though. I'll make sure they are okay, and we will figure out how to house them later. For now, calm them down, and let's go."

"Y-you're going to abandon us too. Aren't you?!" screamed Yuta, hiding Yuya behind his back, seemingly protecting her from everyone in the area.

"No! I promise I'll do what I can for you." Midoriya quickly kneeled in front of Yuta, pleading for him to understand, but Yuta obviously didn't believe a word of it.

"Considering that they've been with the league so long, they probably know things they shouldn't. Odds are, they will be put in U.A. like Eri to protect them from being attacked." Bakugou stood behind Midoriya, not bothering to look at them. "Right?" asked Bakugou as he turned his head towards Mr. Aizawa.

"I won't promise anything." Mr. Aizawa rubbed his tired eyes as he saw the expressions on the children; Yuya barely stopped her sobs and Yuta trembled waiting for an answer. "But if they are determined to be of low risk then yes, they will probably move in with Eri."

"See?! That's great, right?! And Eri is just about your age. She's really sweet too. You'd like her a lot." Midoriya smiled gently, waiting for the kids to respond. When they didn't, he pulled them into a hug. "Just be the good kids I know you are, and we'll see each other again before you know it. Okay?"

Yuya tightened her grip on the back of Midoriya's shirt and nodded into his shoulder still trying not to cry. Yuta took a moment to decide, but he soon nodded as well, his arms falling limp to his sides. To keep them feeling as comfortable as possible, Midoriya took them to the car and buckled them in himself. He kept his smile as he watched them drive off. Then he let his face fall. No one spoke. Instead, Todoroki and Bakugou lead Midoriya to their car. A police officer slid into the driver's seat as Todoroki made sure Midoriya was buckled up as he seemed too consumed in his own mind to accomplish basic functions.

Only the racing wind outside filled the backseat of the police car. Bakugou and Todoroki sat silently on either side of Midoriya as he stared blankly at his limp hands in his lap. His mind seemed blank, but also tired. He was on edge, happy to not feel or see anything, but knowing he was barely keeping the memories at bay. Then, it happened. A flash of blue raced through his mind. Flames. Chaos. A disheartened smile.

A hand pulled Midoriya's head down to rest on Todoroki's shoulder, snapping Midoriya out of his trance. He felt a firm hand grip his on the opposite side. Midoriya looked out of the corner of his eye to see his and Bakugou's hands connected as Bakugou watched the passing scenery.

"It's okay to cry, Midoriya," said Todoroki. It hadn't registered to Midoriya that he could feel something trickling down to his chin. Once he made this realization, they only grew in size. Tightening his grip on Bakugou's hand, Midoriya sobbed into Todoroki's shoulder.

"It was the only option, right?" Midoriya asked. "He would have been killed regardless, right?"

Todoroki tightened his arm around Midoriya's trembling shoulders. "Right. You did your best." He wasn't sure about the specifics of what happened. Midoriya had been vague when telling them the situation, but in that moment, he felt that if he said the wrong thing then the boy in his arms would break. Even Bakugou couldn't make one of his usual snide remarks, so Todoroki could only agree and hope that his touch comforted Midoriya.

After this, neither Bakugou or Todoroki would agree to Midoriya sleeping alone or switching out, so all three slept together for a while. Midoriya thought it was a bit awkward, but he was happy he wasn't alone. At first, there was a lot of arguing between Bakugou and Todoroki, but eventually they would calm down enough to rest in silence. Midoriya glanced over to peek at Todoroki, leading Todoroki to fully turn on his side towards Midoriya with a smile.

Midoriya stared up into Todoroki's eyes, specifically his blue eye. They looked exactly the same. He wondered how he never noticed before. Should he tell Todoroki about Dabi's true identity? What about Endeavor? Knowing would probably only hurt them. Perhaps this was a secret Dabi best took to the grave.

"Is something wrong, Midoriya?" asked Todoroki.

"N-no. I was just looking," whispered Midoriya. Todoroki smiled and blushed but found it hard to keep eye contact.

"Stop flirting and go to sleep!" yelled Bakugou. Midoriya didn't have to be facing Bakugou to know the vein in his forehead was probably bulging out, so they all tried to rest.

Every time Midoriya attempted to close his eyes, he saw blue flames. If he kept them closed long enough, he could see Dabi standing just out of reach with that sad smile staring back at him. If he didn't open his eyes soon, he'd be able to make out the blisters and melting skin, and before long he could even smell burning flesh.

Midoriya's eyes burst open. Once he steadied his breathing again, he tried to keep his eyes open as much as he could. They stung as they dried out. Each night that passed, his eyes grew more and more tired. To distract himself, he'd try to find something in the room to entertain his mind. Counting ceiling tiles, listening for his bedmates to talk in their sleep, identifying when and where he got each of his hero memorabilia...

Midoriya found he'd stare at Todoroki's sleeping face most nights, a calm coming over his constantly overwhelmed mind. He found every breath, every hair falling in place, every flutter in his eyelids endearing. Midoriya couldn't figure out what the real reason was for this. Was it simply seeing someone at peace, or perhaps these were old feelings finally showing back up? Maybe it was because of the features Todoroki shared with the man Midoriya could only see in his dreams. He hoped that wasn't it, because Todoroki deserved better than that.

Strong arms wrapped around Midoriya's waist as he felt Bakugou's steady breathing against his neck. Surprisingly, Midoriya found comfort being held by his childhood friend. He muffled his own laughter at the thought of such a stubborn man reaching out for cuddles in his sleep. His scarred hand slid up to hold onto Bakugou arms, a gentle smile spreading across his face.

Safety. Warmth. Peace. These were the things Midoriya felt with these two amazing heroes by his side. It'd be a long while before he could forget the pain of the past year, but with these two he felt he could get through it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 114 4
Aged up Eri, meaning she's about the same age as class 1-A students. Eri was living a miserable life with Overhaul, but she escaped it. No heroes int...
3.7K 151 27
After years of resenting his childhood enemy, Bakugou Katsuki begins to look back in the years of resentment and starts to think if hating and blamin...
255K 8.2K 38
~Completed~ ghast·ly ˈɡas(t)lē/Submit adjective 1. causing great horror or fear; frightful or macabre. - You are one of the League of Villain's top v...
1.5M 45.7K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...