๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๏ฟฝ...

By k4toon

โ—Ÿโ—ฆโž˜โ— ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹ โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต -- vi... More

๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐— ๐–บ ๐—„๐—‚๐—Œ๐—Œ, ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‹๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—Ž๐—‡
๐—‰๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ. the victor
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ
๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ. a deadly punch in the gut
๐—๐—๐—ˆ. the capitols princess
๐—๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ. search for allies
๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹. an exquisite entrance
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—๐–พ. we chose to kill
๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘. welcome to the show
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. a rebellious act
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—. the beginning of the end?
๐—‡๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ. sacrifices
๐—๐–พ๐—‡. i love you anyway
๐–พ๐—…๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. you were right
๐—๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—๐–พ. focus on me
๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. showdown
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐—ˆ
๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. shatters
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐–ฟ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. what is the truth?
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. don't lie to me
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. none of it is real

๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. stay calm

1K 29 1
By k4toon

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 016 , stay calm

   The next days passed slowly. Every day Nova was called back to President Snow's office for another questioning, but her answers were always the same.

What else was she supposed to say? She knew nothing, but he just wouldn't believe her. And it was tiring.

It quickly became boring in the plain room, which was probably more like a prison cell.

After three days of lying in bed, a peacekeeper came and brought her a card game, but it didn't do much for her since she didn't have a partner to play with.

Making the best of the situation, Nova built houses of cards. Every single day. It wasn't really interesting, but it was still better than staring holes in the ceiling.

She slowly lost track of time. The feeling of loneliness spread more and more inside her and threatened to engulf her.

Like the other days, Nova opened the box of cards and emptied it on the cold floor. She began to build a house from the cards, which she managed pretty quickly.

After all, she had enough time to practice the last few days.

The door opened and a breeze flew through the room, bringing down the house of cards.

Nova blew the air out through her nose and sank her hand, in which would have been the last card of the house.

"Come up behind me," a peacekeeper said. Nova straightened up, no motivation for another conversation with Snow. After all, it wouldn't do any good anyway.

When the peacekeeper suddenly turned left, Nova furrowed her eyebrows. Apparently there would be no visit to the president after all.

He led her into a kind of hall. It was separated into two parts, and she could not see the one in the back. Colorful light from the spotlights illuminated the room and soft music played through speakers.

Wide-eyed, Nova wandered around admiring the colorful lights and almost ran into the peacekeeper, who jerked to a halt.

Turning her attention forward, a boy caught Nova's eyes. He wore a white suit and his ash blond hair was coiffed so that not a single strand stood out.

"Peeta!"

The young woman ran up to the boy and threw her arms around his body. "Nova?"

His voice sounded surprised.

Nova broke away from him and searched his face for injuries, but a layer of makeup covered his skin.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

Peeta shook his head. "No. I was just questioned. Did you know about the outbreak?"

"No. I knew nothing," she admitted. "Why are we here? Why are you wearing that outfit?"

Peeta shrugged his shoulders, oblivious. "All I know is that I'm being interviewed, but I don't know why."

Suddenly Nova was pulled back by her arms. "Enough chitchat," the peacekeeper said. Rude.

He led Nova away from Peeta and then rummaged in his pocket. He pulled out something shiny and before Nova could question it, he stuck the sharp needle into her arm.

With a hiss, Nova looked at her arm. She saw her veins beginning to pulse under her skin and she felt dizzy. Her movements seemed to go in slow motion and her muscles froze.

The next thing she perceived was a stage. Two chairs stood in front of a large camera and bright light shone on it.

Something cold around her wrists made her feel uneasy. She was tied to a chair and no matter how hard she tried to free herself, it was useless.

There was a tape in front of her mouth and it prevented any sounds from coming out of her mouth.

Under her chair was a kind of big bathtub filled with water and lots of ice cubes. Without having felt it, Nova knew that the water was so cold that it made skin burn.

Out of nowhere, the Anthem of Panem played and Caesar Flickerman took the stage, preparing for the live broadcast.

In contrast to usual he had a serious face and all his hyper joy was blown away. He sat down on one of the chairs and ran one last time through his pale purple hair.

"Hello. Good evening. And a big welcome to all in Panem. I'm Caesar Flickerman. And whoever you are, whatever it is you're doing, if you're working, put down your work. If you're having dinner, stop having dinner. Because you are going to want to witness this tonight. There has been rampant speculation about what really happened in the Quarter Quell. And here to shed a little light on the subject for us is a very special guest. Please welcome Mr. Peeta Mellark."

Peeta entered the improvised stage and sat down on the armchair opposite Caesar.

A spotlight came on and Nova squinted her eyes as it illuminated her. Peeta's gaze fell on her and in unease he tapped his foot against the stalls floor.

"Peeta, a lot of people feel as though they are in the dark," Caesar started.

"Yeah. I know how they feel," Peeta muttered quietly

"Now set the stage for us. Talk us through what really happened on that final and controversial night."

"Well, first off, you have to understand that when you're in the Games, you only get one wish. It's very costly."

Caesar nodded, acting as if he could understand what the boy is trying to tell him. Nova noticed Peeta's eyes glancing over to her now and then, anxious.

"It cost's your life."

"No," Peeta said in disagreement. "It cost's a lot more. Murdering innocent people? It cost's everything you are as a human."

"Yes," Caesar agreed.

"So you hold on to that one wish," he paused for a moment, making Caesar leaning forward in his chair. "And that night my wish was to save Katniss."

"Of course it was."

"I should've just run off with her earlier in the day like she'd wanted to."

"But you didn't. Why? Where you caught up in Beete's plan?," Caesar interrupted.

Peeta hesitated, not sure what he should answer. His silence was a sign and suddenly Nova was pushed in the freezing water.

Reflexively, she gasped as her entire body was underwater. Her heart began to race and her blood pressure spiked. The water felt like hot needles pushing through her soft skin.

She tried to get out of the water, but her body was tied to the chair. Peeta looked at her in shock, but quickly put on his calm facade.

"No. I was caught up trying to play allies. And then they separated us and that's when I lost her."

At his answer Nova's chair straightened up and her body was pulled out of the water. She was shaking badly and her skin was completely pale and covered with goose bumps.

"And then the lightning hit and the whole force field around the arena just blew out."

"Yes, but, Peeta, Katniss is the one who blew it out," Caesar said, especially laying his tone on the girl's name.

"No," Peeta said, angered. Once again Nova was pressed into the ice-cold water. Her fingers went numb and she tried to scream.

It hurt so much.

"You saw the footage," the interviewer insisted.

Peeta shook his head. "She didn't know what she was doing. Neither of us knew there was a bigger plan going on. We had no idea."

"You had no idea?"

"No."

Nova squinted her eyes and tried to free herself from the tape, but her freezing muscles did her no favors.

It was as if thousands of tiny knives were piercing each of her cells. Her breathing was uncontrolled and panic spread through her body. Where they going to drown her?

"Peeta, there are many who find this suspicious to say the least. It seems as though she was part of a rebel plan."

Nova's limbs went numb and her breathing got shorter. She couldn't move.

"Do you think it was part of her plan to be almost killed by Johanna? Or part of the plan to be paralyzed by lightning? No, we weren't part of any rebel plan, Caesar."

Defensively Caesar held up his hands, trying to calm the angered boy down. "Alright, Peeta. I believe you, Peeta Mellark. Thank you."

Colorful dots danced in front of her eyes while she found it harder to stay conscious. She had to fight the comfort of being unconscious. Away from the pain.

Peeta glanced at Nova and when he perceived that she was still underwater, cold sweat ran down his back.

"I was going to ask you to speak about the unrest but I think you might be too upset." Peeta shook his head, seeing the opportunity to help the young woman. "No. I can."

He took a deep breath and looked directly into the camera as he spoke calmly and clearly.

"I want everyone who's watching to stop and to think what a civil war could mean. We almost went extinct once before. And now our numbers are even fewer. Is this really what we wanna do? Kill ourselves off? Killing is not the answer. Everyone needs to lay down their weapons immediately."

"Are you calling for a ceasefire?"

Peeta hesitated again, glancing over to Nova, who slowly got dragged out of the water. "Yes. I am. I want everyone to stop the senseless violence. This is not the path to change. It's not the path to justice."

Caesar nodded in agreement. "Thank you for your words. That was Peeta Mellark." The camera went off and Peeta jumped up and ran toward Nova.

He released her from the chair and pulled the tape off her mouth. Nova gasped desperately for air and coughed dryly. Her lungs were burning— no, her whole body was burning, even though her muscles were numb.

Peeta took her ice-cold body in his arms and tried to give her his body warmth. Just as he had done in the arena when she had frozen.

He stroked her back soothingly, literally feeling the panic she radiated. "Shh. It's okay. You're safe now. It's over."

✰ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !! —

school is starting soon again so i probably won't update for a while. i have two chapters in my drafts which i will publish but i won't have much time to write new chapters.

reminder for you to stay hydrated and take medications if you need any. take care of yourself honey xx

don't forget to comment below what you think of this chapter. feedback and votes are appreciated.

— 𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 !! ✰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630K 15.5K 42
โ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐€๐๐Ž๐’๐“๐‘๐Ž๐๐‡๐„ โž ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *. ๐…๐ˆ๐๏ฟฝ...
199K 5.8K 21
REVENGE. when everything is ripped from her, a young victor makes it her mission to eliminate the one who tore her apart. CATCHING FIRE
74.1K 2K 28
โ› I WONDER WHAT WILL BE YOUR MOTIVE NEXT? YOUR WILL TO LIVE, OR YOUR WILL TO LOVE? โœ in which silver quinn must, once again, find...
43.1K 671 25
'๐•พ๐–๐–Š ๐–œ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–‰๐–Š๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–’๐–Ž๐–“๐–Š๐–‰, ๐–˜๐–๐–Š ๐–œ๐–†๐–˜ ๐–Ž๐–“๐–‰๐–Š๐–˜๐–™๐–—๐–š๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Ž๐–‡๐–‘๐–Š, ๐–˜๐–๐–Š ๐–œ๐–†๐–˜ ๐•ฌ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–“๐–† ๐–‚๐–Ž๐–“๐–™๐–Š๐–—, ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–“๐–”๐–™๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ, ๐–“๐–”...