Getting The Guy

By Fetish-for-melody

Meet Vannessa Walters, a teenager who lives a lavish lifestyle. She has things that most teenagers can only d... More

🍂INTRODUCTION🍂
Chapter 1: The Truth Hurts
Chapter 2: The Change
Chapter 3: The Unbreakable Bond
Chapter 4: The Gala
Chapter 5: The Agreement
Chapter 6: The First Step
Chapter 7: The Attitude
Chapter 8: The Insecurities We Feel
Chapter 10: The Thoughts Of You
Chapter 11: Who Knew?
Chapter 12: The Start Of Something New
Chapter 13: The Butterflies
Chapter 14: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 15: The Thoughts I Face
Chapter 16: The Nerves
Chapter 17: New Friends?
Chapter 18: The Road Trip
Chapter 19: The Beautiful Mistake
Chapter 20: The Confrontation
Chapter 21: The Master Plan
Chapter 22: The Pain You Give Me
Chapter 23: These Flaws Of Mine
Chapter 24: The Concert
Chapter 25: The Aftermath
Chapter 26: The Final Step
Chapter 27: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 28: The Fit Of Rage
Chapter 29: The Great Disregard
Chapter 30: The First Downfall
Chapter 31: The Things You Do
Chapter 32: The Indecisive Heart
Chapter 33: The Step Up
Chapter 34: The Sleepover

Chapter 9: The Things We Hope For

20 3 0
By Fetish-for-melody

Song: Just For You

Artiste: Lil' Pitchy

-

***_***_***_***

Sometimes we have really high expectations from people. But the sad and rather disappointing reality is that sometimes when setting expectations, it is possible that maybe we set those expectations too high for anyone to meet.

And because we have those expectations so high, we end up setting ourselves up for disappointment or heartbreak.

Or sometimes we set ourselves up for both disappointment and heartbreak.

But let's face it. Maybe that's just a summary of life itself. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things.

I was now moping in my bed.

Hair matted and unable to move. I couldn't brush my teeth, neither could I eat.

All thanks to Sean Charlton.

***Flashback***

After saving me from my humiliation, Sean had led me upstairs and into his bedroom.

"The bathroom is over there," he said.

I nodded and hurried to get myself cleaned up.

Thankfully my dress wasn't wet but my legs were sticky from whatever liquid Dontae had put in that cup.

My face was flushed with what I think was excitement.

Quickly, I cleaned my legs off with wipes and inspected my face. After a couple minutes of debating I put on some lip gloss.

"Vannessa?" I heard Sean yell.

He knows my name?

"Uh... Yeah." I answered awkwardly.

"You alright in there?"

He actually cared?

I swiftly twisted the tube of the lip gloss container back into place.

I wasn't sure what I would do once I came out of the bathroom but I didn't overthink for a second because I knew I would back out the last just up if I did.

I exited the bathroom door and smoothed out the dress I was wearing.

Sean was laying on the bed with his head resting on the headboard and his phone in hand. He turned his eyes to meet mine briefly before turning them back to his phone.

"You feeling better?" He queried.

I stood there awkwardly for a millisecond before putting one foot forward. Then another. And another.

I cleared my throat, "I'm alright. I think my thighs will live to see another day because they were only wet."

I cringed in mortification.

Damn it. Why did I just say that?

I blushed profusely but I tried to play it cool.

He chuckled.

"Um... Ok?" And smirked at the look of embarrassment on my face.

There was a moment of silence as I sat on the opposite side of Sean's bed.

I was new to all of this so I had no idea what I was supposed to do.

Should I just stay quiet?

And as if Dontae could hear exactly what I was thinking, his voice popped into my head.

"You knew what you were getting yourself into when you agreed to this so don't screw this up."

I turned my body to face Sean and curled up on the bed next to him. I watched him for a while.

He was focused on his phone most of the time except for a few times when he glanced down at me.

I don't know how it happened, so don't ask me. But all I know is that I grabbed his phone and climbed onto his lap so that I was straddling him.

He appeared startled at first, but then he wrapped his arms around my waist.

My mind was racing wildly as I tried to comprehend what was happening.

"You are tempting Vanessa," he placed his head under my chin and kissed my neck.

I sighed at the sensation of rose soft lips pressing themselves all over my chest.

"Sean," I whispered breathlessly.

I don't know why but at this moment I just wanted to call his name over and over again.

Now he was kissing my lips with my body laid flat below him and his body hovering over mine.

I ran my hands along his back before feeling him pull his shirt off. And then I was half naked. Ready for him to take it all the way.

I was a mess, sweat crept over my body as the heat intensified.

We were lost in the feeling of each other. Skin against skin. Lips against lips.

***Present***

I curled up even more when I remembered what happened next. My emotions were haywire as I contemplated what I would do when I returned to school on Monday.

How would I face those people after what had happened?

My reputation is ruined.

***Flashback***

I was eager to smash my lips against Sean's lips against mine once more when he pulled away.

We both tried to catch our breaths almost violently after parting.

He kneeled. His hands running through dark tendrils of hair.

I got up and fixed my bra strap. He quickly created distance between us.

"I'm sorry Vanessa but I-I can't do this."

I felt all the breath leave my body and my face was masked in shock.

"It's not you, it's me. I actually still have feelings for someone else-"

Oh crap.

"-and it just feels like I'm cheating somehow so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway. It's just-"

"It's ok," I whispered.

He looked at me in bafflement. "Are you sure?"

"I sniffled and forced a brief smile. "Yeah, it's fine. I should be the one apologizing because I came off a little too strong and we just met."

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

I hastily hopped off the bed and searched the floor for my dress.

When I couldn't find it fast enough I opted for putting on my shoes and then continuing my search for my dress.

But when I looked up he had the dress hanging off two of his fingers.

I blushed profusely and grabbed it before quickly tugging it on and heading for the door.

As I was about to exit the room, I turned and said, "please, can you just keep this between us? And I'm sorry again if I made you uncomfortable. I don't know what came over me."

He nodded quickly.

"Yeah. My lips are sealed and it's fine. Maybe I'm a little tipsy so you know... I'll see you around at school. And if it helps, I'm honoured that I was the one to witness your thighs getting wet."

He smiled.

If I wasn't already embarrassed. I was now completely embarrassed.

It took a few seconds for him to realize what he had said.

But when he did realize he cursed under his breath and said, "by the drink I mean. I didn't mean anything else."

He sighed in what I think was exasperation and embarrassment and glanced downwards. "I'm sorry how that came off."

I laughed it off and cleared my throat with a weird smile.

"Uh... I'm gonna go now."

He rubbed his forehead with a hand placed on his hip. "Yeah, yeah. I'll, uh, I'll see you around."

And then I exited the room.

I didn't even look for Dontae because I was sure he was probably hooking up with some girl somewhere in a dark corner or in one of the rooms so I just left the party and went home.

***Present***

I heard a knocking on my door. I wonder who that may be. I assumed it was Wilma so I put the warm cover over my head and shouted lazily.

"It's open"

"Hey Munchkin," my dad greeted.

My eyes shot open when I remembered that I hadn't changed out of my clothes from the night before.

Oh God. What am I gonna do? He had no idea that I went out last night.

Ok.

Deep breaths.

One.

Inhale

Two.

Exhale

Three-

"Hey dad," I chirped.

I held the duvet at neck length and watched as he walked further into the room.

"I thought you were going to work today."

He nodded. Hands clasped behind his back. "I am but I just wanted to say hi before I go. And I wanted to tell you this in person..."

By the way he was talking I could tell that something important was coming next.

I sat up and gave him my undivided attention.

He twisted the ring on his finger.

It amazed me that even after a decade he still wears that ring no matter what.

His voice broke me out of my wander.

"I'm going on a business trip and I won't be back until five months time."

My mood changed drastically.

"But you just came back last week. And you'll miss my birthday."

He stepped forward and walked until he was sitting on the foot of my bed. "I know Vanessa but this is really important and I can't reschedule. If I could I would... I hope you can understand."

I sighed, "fine."

He looked at me skeptically.

"You sure? This isn't one of those times where you say yes but you're still angry is it?"

I laughed. "No. I know that if you had a choice you would've stayed but it sounds really important so I'm not gonna hold you back."

He stared at me weirdly. "Are you Vanessa or are you a reincarnation of her?"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "No. It's the same stubborn, socially awkward girl."

"Well I'm glad you're maturing."

"Whatever."

There was a brief pause, then a thought came to my mind. "Aren't you going somewhere?"

As if he got struck by his memory, he jumped up. "Oh, right. I'm gonna finish packing some files but I'll see you in the next five months."

I hummed as he kissed my forehead and gave me a bone numbing hug.

"I'm gonna miss you dad... Make sure you don't work too much and probably consider dating?"

"Keep dreaming," he chuckled.

I watched him as he turned and headed towards the door.

"Vanessa?"

"Hm?"

"You need a shower."

I groaned in embarrassment. "Dad! Get out!"

He bursted out laughing.

When he reached the door he paused and turned once more.

"And Vanessa?"

"Yes o mighty father?" I quipped in a monotone.

"I want you to have fun when I'm gone. Don't just stay in your room the whole say."

I smiled.

"Oh, and Vanessa?"

I sighed irritably. "Yes, dad?"

"I love you."

I smiled widely, "and I, you."

Then he turned. This time leaving for good.

-

-

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I just want to wish you a happy/merry belated Christmas (or whatever it is that you celebrate) and a happy happy new year and I wish you nothing but success and continuous blessings no matter what life has in store for you!!!

I'll try to post another chapter early in the new year but yeah... Just look out for the next post, please and until next time... Buh bye.

Your amateur author,
Fetish_For_Melody 💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584 0 40
Sebastian Walters. He is someone who has everything: ladies, fame, music gifts, good looks, wealth, seriously everything. But there is one thing: he'...
59.6K 893 52
Vanessa Heart, is just normal seventeen year old girl. Has lived a hard life these past few months, losing both her mother and her life in New York...
56 0 9
When a young Vanessa lives her life by a schedule so she had control of her life, it was easy. But, then she graduates from high school. Vanessa want...
2.6K 209 29
"Death isn't just one thing that happens and is over with. That description fits life more. Death is eternal. I mean that's how I view it. Death brin...