Decepticon Island (TF Aligned...

By KentroKreations

Not long after the False Council was defeated, things returned to normal on Cybertron . . . for the Autobots... More

ONE WILL LISTEN
ONE WILL ARGUE
ONE WILL FIGHT
TEAM BONDING PART 1
TEAM BONDING PART 2
TEAM BONDING PART 3
DOUBT
SEARCH AND RESCUE
PAST DOUBT
INTERVENTION
TROUBLE
SUFFERING FULL CIRCLE
SAVE
FAMILY REUNION
BROTHERLY LOVE
SEEKING SPARKS
UNDERGROUND
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
RETRIBUTION
CHAAR
TRANSFER AND TRIAL
LUST AND LOVE
CONFESSION
THE DEER AND THE OTHER WOLF
SETTLING DOWN

ONE WILL FOLLOW

78 1 0
By KentroKreations

"I can't believe he talked me into this."

Bumblebee and Steeljaw expressed simultaneously as they waited by the ship that the Council provided for them. Off the record, as news of this mission is not meant to get out to the public.

"What is taking Knockout so long?" Bumblebee muttered, growing antsy. He looked at his companion and noticed that he wasn't causing any trouble.

"Steeljaw?"

"Hm?"

"Is something wrong? You don't seem to be yourself."

"Since when have I given you any reason to worry about me?" Steeljaw questioned. "Ah, wait, let me rephrase that. When have I given you any reason to worry about me, excluding all of the times I tried to make Earth my own while you and your team tried to stop me?"

No response.

"Anyway, are the cuffs really necessary?"

"It was either that, or I could have thrown you in a stasis pod and rolled you onto the ship," Bumblebee mused, cracking a smile.

". . . I guess I can live with them for a little while longer," Steeljaw said, seemingly sharing Bumblebee's amusement. "But as soon as I get on that ship, they're coming off."

"Once we're out of Cybertron's orbit, then they'll come off. Promise."

The unmistakable sound of shouting prevented Bumblebee and Steeljaw from continuing their banter. Both mechs turned in the direction from which the ruckus was coming from, and to absolutely no surprise, Knockout had finally arrived, with Starscream and Jazz in-tow. The red medic and the silver Seeker were arguing all the way up and into the ship, whereas Jazz stopped halfway.

"Hey, Jazz," Bumblebee greeted. "You doing okay?"

Jazz turned to Bumblebee and Steeljaw. He pressed a digit to his audial.

"You say somethin', Bee?" Jazz asked.

"Oh, you shut off your audio receptors."

"Yeah. I couldn't stand listening to them after a few kliks, so don't bother asking me what they were arguing about 'cause I don't know."

"Well, why don't you go get a good rest, bud? Sounds like... I mean, it looks like you need it."

Jazz chuckled, then left.

"Why didn't you put the loud mouth in a stasis pod?" Steeljaw asked, causing Bumblebee to laugh.

"I don't know," Bumblebee replied, grabbing Steeljaw gently by the arm. "Come on, let's go."

---

Once everyone is present and accounted for, Knockout closes the door and plots a course. However, there is one thing he still has to do, and has yet to tell the others. The constant bickering between him and Starscream made that impossible.

---

"Knockout, where are we?"

"Velocitron, my home world."

"Why?"

"I need to pick up something real quick."

"What is it?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, I can assure you!"

"So long as it isn't anything dangerous or illegal..."

"Of course not! But, mind if I borrow Steeljaw? Just in case?"

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Please?"

"Give me a good reason, first."

"Gangs and road rage. That's two, very plausible reasons to have backup here on Velocitron."

". . . Fine."

---

Within the hour, the ship touches down on Velocitron's surface. Bumblebee and Steeljaw look over the planet's landscape, surprised by how barren it is. If it weren't for the countless tracks marking the dust-covered ground, nobody would know that the planet is inhabited.

"Are you sure about this?" Bumblebee asked in a hushed tone.

"Don't worry, Bee. I'll do what I need to do and speed back before you know it!" Knockout said.

"That's not what I meant."

The pair look at their surprise addition a few seats over, seemingly not listening.

"Eh, Steeljaw doesn't strike me as an idiot," Knockout shrugs.

"He's not, and that's what worries me," Bumblebee admits. "If he tries anything..."

"I'll call you. Got it, Bee. You worry too much."

"You remember my team, right?"

"Oh, yes, who could forget them? Come on, Steeljaw! We're heading out!"

---

Knockout and Steeljaw reached the former's old place of work with little to no fuss.

"All right, this is just going to be a quickie," Knockout said as he transformed. "We..."

"Go in, get out, and attempt to avoid any sort of distraction," Steeljaw interrupted, transforming behind the red mech. "You've been saying that on repeat for the entire drive."

"I have? Sorry. That must have been annoying to listen to."

"You have no idea."

Steeljaw's tone wasn't helping Knockout's mood. While a part of him is happy to be back home, another part is full of nothing. If anyone could call depression nothing.

"Is there a reason as to why we're not going in?" Steeljaw growled.

"It's just..." Knockout vented. "It's nothing."

Not turning around to look his comrade in the optics, Knockout entered the building, and immediately could tell that things changed for the better. It looked bigger, as if the building had recently been expanded. The metal was sparkling clean. Desks, benches, and tons of new-age technology were all over the place.

"Wow, the old place looks brand new!" Knockout gasped.

"A little flashy, isn't it?" Steeljaw muttered.

Knockout ignored the comment and walked over to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I hope so," Knockout answered, putting on his usual bravado. "My name's Knockout, and I used to be a medic here. I just want to grab a few things I left behind, assuming my office is still where I left it?"

The mech looked at Knockout, then Steeljaw, and back again.

"Any history of property damage or aggravated assault?" The receptionist asked.

"Uh..." Knockout traded a glance with Steeljaw. "Not on purpose, and only out of self-defense."

"Well, if you remember where your place is, I don't see a problem."

"Thank you! I promise, we won't be long!"

If only Knockout knew...

---

"Finally!"

"You found it?"

"Yes, yes I did! I knew the place wouldn't be the same, but who knew I would get lost on the way to my own office?"

Steeljaw rolled his optics, but Knockout ignored him as he entered his old office. To the medic, it didn't look any different. Everything's neat and tidy, and clean. Shelves lined with data pads, a work table and large video screen in the corner, and pictures scattered all over the place.

"Okay, I will admit, you know how to keep a place looking good," Steeljaw admitted.

"Not just places, mind you," Knockout mused.

"So, remember where you put whatever it is that you need?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then why are we wasting time looking for something if you already know where it is?"

"I have my reasons!"

"You locked it away and forgot where you put the key, didn't you?"

". . . Yes."

Steeljaw laughed at the absolute sound of defeat and embarrassment in Knockout's voice.

"Excuse me, what are you doing in here?"

Apparently too distracted to notice anyone approaching, Knockout and Steeljaw swerve around to see someone standing in the doorway. It is a lean, turquoise femme – about half a helm shorter than Knockout – with blue optics, clutching a data pad to her chassis. Staring at the young medic, Knockout could've sworn he felt his entire system freeze. He knows who this femme is.

"Moonracer?"

"Knockout?"

.

.

.

.

.

Moonracer tackles Knockout to the ground, wraps her arms around him in an unbreakable hug, and cries. Knockout returns the embrace and waits patiently for Moonracer to get it all out of her system and calm down.

"Sorry about that," Moonracer said, getting off the red medic and rubbing away stray tears.

"It's alright," Knockout chuckled. "How have you been, Moonracer?"

"Good! I mean, better than when there was a war going on, anyway. Honestly, I was more scared of you going offline than I was for myself. Bless the stars, that wasn't the case!"

Wish I could say the same for Breakdown. I don't think I could have handled losing another partner, Knockout thought, then cleared his vocalizer. "Well, it's quite a relief to see you again, Moonracer, but I have a pretty tight schedule to stick to, so if you don't mind..."

Before Knockout could get up, Moonracer shoved an object into his servos.

"I didn't think you would want anyone touching your stuff until you got back, so I held onto it for you," Moonracer explained, looking at Knockout's key, back in its owner's possession.

"Ah, yes. Thank you, Moonracer."

The retrieval of the object – a Lightbender – was completed in silence. Knockout didn't say anything until it was time to leave. He waved goodbye to Moonracer and left with Steeljaw. By the time they reached the ship, darkness had fallen, and the silence was broken.

"Care to tell me what happened back there?" Steeljaw demanded.

"Nothing you need to be concerned about," Knockout grumbled.

"Considering how terrible you look, I highly doubt that. Besides, if it's affecting you this badly..."

"I know what you're thinking, and no, it won't impede the mission! I promise to deal with it later, when or if it does become a problem. Okay?"

Steeljaw did not look convinced.

"That's a load of scrap."

Knockout jumped back, startled by the voice. A sleek race car came to a quiet halt between him and Steeljaw. It transformed into Moonracer.

"And I know you know that."

Neither Knockout nor Moonracer's optics wavered from the other. Steeljaw didn't need to be told to give them some privacy. When the door to the ship opened, he rushed inside.

"Don't take this the wrong way, Moonracer, but what are you doing here?" Knockout asked.

"I'm coming with you guys," Moonracer answered, not skipping a beat. She didn't give Knockout the chance to deny her as she continued.

"Before I left the clinic, I told my superiors that I would be taking an extended leave to travel with a patient. They didn't ask who, so I didn't tell."

"Wait, me? You're calling me a patient?"

"You mean as a fully licensed medic, I can't help my former mentor? Nice try, Knockout, but you and nearly every other medic I've ever met taught me not to take scrap from anyone if it means helping them get better."

"But there's nothing wrong with me! I'm fine! Better than fine, even. I'm..."

"Breakdown."

Knockout froze.

"Come again?"

"You heard what I said."

Moonracer vented.

"Listen, Knockout. When you guys left for the War, I was terrified of losing both of you. When news spread of the end of the Great War, I couldn't have been happier! And then I heard about Breakdown. I don't remember hearing anything about you. Maybe I did, but after Breakdown... I couldn't. I was too scared to know the truth. I believed it would be better to think you were alive than know for certain that you were dead. I just... I couldn't handle it. I wouldn't have been able to. Breakdown was my best friend. I loved him as if he were my split-spark."

The turquoise medic began to choke-up.

"However, despite all my emotional pain, and trying to distance myself from it, I am not the only one. I know what Breakdown meant to you, what he still means to you, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine how..."

Seeing the pain and agony in her former mentor's optics, she couldn't hold it in any longer.

"I am sorry for your loss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 289 14
Years after the war between the Autobots and Decepticons Starscream wants nothing to do with ether faction. And ponders his place in the universe. Bu...
50.8K 1.2K 21
When the bots go on a mission a relic reveals their human side. They will face humanity's every day pain. Will they stay in this form, or will they f...
20.9K 903 41
Cybertron has been revived, but Predaking enjoys the planet he knew as Earth as well. There were far more creatures than he could count, and most wer...
3.7K 131 13
Years after the war for Cybertron Knock Out is sent on a mission to Earth and Starscream gets involved. Can the two former Decepticons work together...