the only one. || Wenclair

By ragerrr_

"you don't understand Wednesday!" "i think i understand well enough, Enid." a new semester has dawned at Ne... More

situation?
panic
undercover
the truth
honest!
dissapointment
confession
what?
missing.
nothing
up to
visiting?
who's there?
that's crazy
please.
visions
stay safe
it's not mine.
crap.
reality
let her go
we're okay. we'll be okay.

where we left off

16.5K 294 318
By ragerrr_

Wednesday Addams walks into the familiar doors of Nevermore Academy. her supposed 'home away from home'. she looks around to see students of different species, interacting and socializing with one another. all happy to see each other after the much needed break.

behind Wednesday trailed in Gomez and Morticia Addams, alongside them Pugsley. Gomez walks over to his daughter and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"ay my little viper, how i wish our time was together was longer" he gushes

Wednesday looks at her father, a mixture of disgust and judgement.

"father, the three weeks we have spent together is more than enough. it made me actually want to go back to this godawful place." Wednesday says flatly

Gomez pulls his daughter in for a side hug and she stands there, accepting her fate. he walks on over to his wife's side as Pugsley walks up to his older sister.

"i'm going to miss you sis" he sniffles

"Pugsley, pull yourself together. this is not the first time you've dropped me off here, nor will it be the last." Wednesday tells him

he nods as he walks over to her and hugs her tight, Wednesday, her hands still on her side, accepts the hug. once Pugsley was satisfied, he walked back to his father's side. Morticia turns to her boys and asks for a moment alone with her daughter.

the two smile and give Wednesday a small wave as they walk out of the building and into the car. Morticia stands tall in front of Wednesday as the smaller girl has her hands clasped together in front of her.

Morticia sighs "my little rain cloud. as much as you hate to admit, i know you're loving Nevermore."

Wednesday looks at her mother with that same deadpan look she always has. not giving Morticia the satisfaction of seeing how Wednesday actually feels about her situation.

"thing will be joining you in a few days, your father and i have decided to extend his vacation. it seems as though he is enjoying his time at Transylvania." Morticia tells her daughter

the tall woman presents the black box with a white bow on the top to Wednesday, the young girl takes the box from her mother's grasp and looks at it.

"a present, i hope you enjoy it." Morticia smiles softly at Wednesday before turning around and walking back down to the car

Wednesday turns away from the door and starts walking into the halls of Nevermore Academy. she turns the corner toward the stairway that goes up to the Ophelia Hall lounge and dorms, but someone steps in front of her, blocking her way.

she looks up to see the one and only Xavier Thorpe, a smile on his face.

"wow, you actually came back" he says surprised "i waited for that text"

"i never said i would do that" Wednesday responds

"what's in the box?" Xavier asks

"i wouldn't know, i haven't opened it yet."

"have you met the new Principal?"

Xavier points to a tall man wearing an all black suit and his black hair slicked back. Wednesday looks past him and at the man who is smiling and laughing with the students, then back at Xavier.

"i have no interest in meeting him. i have unpacking to do."

Xavier moves to the side making space for Wednesday to get by. he watches as the girl walks up the stairway and sighs.

Wednesday turns the corner into the Ophelia Hall lounge where the Poe Cup trophy sat on the mantle. Ophelia Hall students gathered around the fireplace, sitting on the couches as they told stories of their hometowns and vacations.

Wednesday makes her way up the stairwell, goes down the hall and stops in front of her dorm room. one she shared with her roommate, Enid Sinclair. Wednesday had been thinking about Enid throughout the break, she wasn't sure why, but she did think about the werewolf quite a few times in the day. one would even say she missed the sound of Enid's canines grinding in her sleep.

she lets out a shaky sigh, a pit feeling in her stomach emerges as she puts her hand on the door knob. she shakes her head and swings the door open. Enid turns around from her desk, the same way she did when they had first been introduced to each other.

her ocean blue eyes making contact with Wednesday's dark brown ones. the blonde smiles widely at the sight of her roommate's arrival, she gets up and runs toward Wednesday. Wednesday takes the gift her mother gave her and held it up in the air as Enid runs into the girl, hugging her. Wednesday hugs Enid back with her one free hand.

that feeling in her stomach is back. the feeling of her intestines knotting, the heat rising to her cheeks was back too, but not the skin burning kind. Enid pulls away, still smiling. the feeling still lingers.

"i didn't think you were going to come back" Enid says in disbelief

"neither did i." Wednesday responds with a bit more tone in her voice, as opposed to how she talks to everyone else

"while we were on break i made these!" Enid tells Wednesday as she rushes back to her desk

Wednesday walks over to her own and places the gift down. she turns around and looks at Enid who was walking toward her side of the room, something in her hands. as Enid got closer to Wednesday, she showed her what she has.

"i made us matching bracelets! well obviously they aren't matching because of the colours, but i couldn't make yours in colour, but they resemble us!" Enid smiles happily

Wednesday takes her black bracelet from Enid's grasp. the charms 'E' and 'S' dangle from it as Wednesday looks at the bracelet.

"Enid, are these not your initials?" Wednesday questions

"i figured since we can't wear the same colored bracelets, that we'll just wear each other's initials" Enid explains as she holds up one with Wednesday's initials on it

Wednesday looks back and forth between Enid and the black bracelet with white letter charms.

"if you don't like it, it's okay, i-i can take it" Enid says, a hint of disappointment and embarrassment in her voice

"no." Wednesday responds instantly "will you help me put it on?"

Enid smiles excitedly as Wednesday hands her the bracelet back and puts her arm out. as Enid ties the bracelet onto Wednesday's wrist, Wednesday watches the girl intently tie it with care. the feeling in her stomach became stronger.

"and...done!" Enid exclaims, she holds out her bracelet to Wednesday "can you put mine on?"

Wednesday takes the bracelet from the girl and Enid puts her hand out. Wednesday ties the bracelet onto her wrist, but as she does, she sees a hint of a different color compared to Enid's actual skin tone.

"Enid, what are you covering up?" Wednesday questions

"hm?" Enid hums

Wednesday drags Enid into the bathroom in their dorm, she turns the faucet on and runs her hand under the water. she then takes that same hand and rubs it on the patch of weird skin. a pigment, the same color as Enid's skin comes off, a scar is revealed, although healed, still very visible.

"where is this from?" Wednesday's voice goes soft

"from when i was fighting Tyler" Enid pulls her arm away

"from when you saved me?" Wednesday questions

the wolf nods her head and looks away from Wednesday.

"why are you hiding your scars?" Wednesday asks

Enid walks out of the bathroom and Wednesday follows.

"because Wens, they're embarrassing. i don't feel like i look good with them and it's easier to just cover them up for my sake."

Enid's answer made Wednesday feel something different. it wasn't pity, it wasn't sorrow. the feeling was guilt. she's the reason Enid feels this way, but in a way she also felt hurt.

"Enid," Wednesday says as she grabs Enid's hand "you shouldn't hide them. you did a good thing, something you should be proud of."

"i am proud." Enid turns around and faces Wednesday "i just- i'm not going to have a social life if i don't cover them up. people are just going to judge."

"if they do, i will bludgeon them to death and make sure they're unrecognizable."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 796 24
Part of the Past Lives Book Series Y/N is left at The Nevermore Gates. At the Age of 15 he starts gaining visions, He cannot make sense of. That is u...
10.6K 282 22
Wednesday and Enid start to have feelings for one another, feelings that they know aren't going to be going away anytime soon...will they embrace tho...
71.3K 1.7K 14
Wednesday was a quiet girl she didn't like people, but when she was expelled from her school, her parents forced her to go to nevermore academy, tha...
1.4K 5 8
After the freakish events of Wednesday's first season, Enid is struggling, hard, with these new feelings, and so is Wednesday. As Nevermore returns t...