Our Hearts Collided (MxM)

Od zoe_grimm

Love was but a foreign concept to Vince; the closest he's ever felt it was the few months he spent with his m... Více

Our Hearts Collided
~Official Playlist~
Part 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 32

1K 82 16
Od zoe_grimm

A/N: idk why I struggled with this chapter (probably because both of their names started with A and I didn't know how to include Simon more into the dialogue, but oh well XD). Here's a little insight into Arthur's backstory (by no means the entirety of the situation). The next two chapters should be a little more exciting though <3

Simon's POV

Aspen had always prided himself in being the steady rock between the three of us when we lived together, but this proved entirely different. I couldn't blame him; meeting your father, who had been absent from your entire life, wasn't an everyday occurrence and certainly was the biggest and most uncomfortable thing he's had to face.

Yet, when Aspen insisted that he wanted me and Vince in the room, I hadn't expected the admission.

While Vince and Aspen were trying to get along as of late, I hadn't anticipated Aspen to be open to the idea of letting him into a space where vulnerabilities and deeply personal information were to be exposed and laid out between him and Arthur.

I was sure to tease Aspen about his willingness to rely on Vince later if Aspen could get through this first.

Vince had already met with Arthur earlier today to sign the treaty papers and had him get situated in the council room before we brought Aspen up to introduce them. I was beginning to wonder if we should have gotten the meeting done before the treaty papers, with how anxious Aspen was on his way there.

He wrapped his arm around mine, gripping my forearm like a lifeline. Vince flanked his other side, and I caught Aspen reaching for Vince's shoulders a few times on our way up the pack house's stairs. Aspen's hand never made contact, but Vince didn't shy away, even raising a brow at the action and stepping closer; a silent permission if Aspen needed the extra comfort.

Aspen's nerves escalated as we reached the doors to the council room, evident by his sweaty palms and shaky breaths.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked quietly. "You don't have to force yourself."

He shook his head. "No, let's do this. I said I'd do it, and I'm not about to back out now."

Vince pursed his lips. "I can always ask him to do this later."

"No," Aspen insisted, motioning to the door. "Let's just get this over with."

Vince spared a glance between us before moving to open the doors. Arthur was seated alone on the left-hand side, and as we made eye contact, he pushed his chair back to stand. Even from across the room, I could spot the similarities between Aspen's and Arthur's faces. Angular, with high cheekbones and piercing eyes.

The only difference was that Arthur's smile was softer, kinder even. Aspen didn't smile or even relax as we guided Aspen to the seats in front of him. Aspen treated him like he treated any other stranger, with quiet suspicion, even as Arthur turned to introduce himself.

He turned to me first, extending his hand out, which I met halfway across the table. "Arthur. You must be Simon. Vince has told me a lot about you."

Vince squirmed in his seat beside me, a stark contrast to the stiff Aspen on my other side.

"Likewise," I said.

"It's nice to meet you finally, Simon. You as well, Aspen," he said before turning to Aspen with an extended hand. Aspen stared at it, his eyes trailing up to meet Arthur's face before falling back to the hand in front of him. His hand squeezed my arm tighter.

Arthur pulled his hand back, accepting that Aspen wouldn't reciprocate his handshake.

Vince cleared his throat. "Thank you again for agreeing to meet on such short notice."

"Nonsense," he said. "Our packs aren't that far of a drive. It's I who should be thanking you."

Though directed at Vince, Arthur's eyes trailed to his son's. It was still mind-boggling that after nearly four decades, Aspen's father was really out there.

"I'm sure that you two have many questions or things to say," Vince said, glancing between the two before checking his phone. "Take as much time as you need."

Arthur pursed his lips. "I'm sure you have more questions than I might have."

Aspen looked askance. "I think I was more curious than anything. Anyone would be; just a lifetime of unknowns and unanswered questions, and the answer key is right there."

That made Arthur smile slightly. "I will do my best to answer any questions you may have."

Aspen nodded but didn't ask anything right away. Vince fiddled with his phone beside me, frowning every so often when nothing appeared in the notifications.

"Everything alright?" I whispered.

He looked up, leaning toward me to not interrupt their conversation. "Xavier hasn't responded. The meeting was supposed to be over by now."

I'm sure he's okay. He's probably driving right now, I switched to the mind link.

I told him to text me as soon as it was over. Vince pointed to his phone. The meeting shouldn't be longer than an hour.

Vince's phone rang as if on cue, echoing in the silence. He pushed his chair back and stood, gesturing to the door. "Sorry, I'll take this outside."

Xavier? Vince nodded and took the call on his way out the door. I was tempted to follow after him, but Aspen's bouncing leg and firm grip on my wrist made me hesitate.

Arthur reached a hand over the table. "I know I have no right to ask anything from you, be it forgiveness, more of your time, or a chance to listen. Nothing I can do to make up for all those years or undo the things I have done, but I appreciate your taking the time to meet with me. You could have chosen to ignore me for the rest of your life, and I would have understood completely. You have every right to be angry with me and deserve to know everything. So, please. Ask anything. "

Aspen's hand trembled as he glanced at me from the corner of my eyes.

I looked between them as I pushed the chair back, but Aspen's iron grip on my wrist prevented me from standing."I can give you two some space if it makes this easier; I'm sure there are things you wish to discuss that are better between you two."

Stay, was Aspen's response through the mind link. Please.

Glancing at Arthur's indifferent expression, I remained seated, letting Aspen's fingers press firmly against my wrist, anchoring himself to me. "If you're both okay with it."

They both nodded almost in tandem.

"My mother didn't bother telling us about your pack," Aspen remarked. "She didn't talk about you at all either."

Arthur pursed his lips in a way it seemed he was expecting that. "It was what I had asked of her at the time. I believed it was in her best interest, and subsequently, you, to prevent further involvement with me."

Aspen scoffed. "Leaving a single she-wolf alone with a pup was the best choice at that? With no pack, no shelter, nothing?"

"In hindsight, I will admit that there were other potentially better options in keeping the two of you safe." He looked away. "But I was young, living in fear, and felt completely hopeless at the time."

Aspen tilted his head. "Then why be with her? Why—if you were so scared of his asshole father—did you go to such lengths to sleep with her, have a child, and then push them away in the end? Go through decades of ignoring their existence?

"The truth?" Arthur asked. "It was my one act of rebellion."

"Rebellion?"

"Against Damon. For years he had tormented my pack and me. The rogues and people just like your mother who just wanted to find a place in the world. He would boast about his perfect life, with his wife and kids. And Willow and I had enough. She watched her rogue friends get killed by him for fun, watched as he encroached on other wolves' territories for his benefit. So in a lack of better judgment, I encouraged her to be petty. We eloped. We agreed that it was payback, letting him deal with the strain of the bond, but after a few times, we realized it was not affecting him. And as a result, she became pregnant."

"The suppressants?" Aspen guessed. "Like the ones Vince was on."

Arthur nodded.

"Did you regret it? Your little act of rebellion?"

"I don't regret it," Arthur said. "I regret how I handled it after. I regret not being there for her or for you, especially in the beginning. I could have done so much more for the two of you. It's a regret I will carry to my grave."

Aspen mulled it over, his grip on my wrist lightening as he got more comfortable.

"Did you love her?"

The questions seemed to stump Arthur. "I considered her a close friend," he settled. "Someone I knew I could trust and rely on. Whether I could call that love, I couldn't tell you that. It's possible that it could have been in time, but I didn't harbor the same sentiments she did."

Aspen pursed his lips. "She told me that my father was her mate. Why would she lie about that?"

Arthur let out a soft sigh. "The last time I saw her, she told me about him. Her true mate. A rogue that went insane. He reminded her of Damon because he was paranoid and quick to violence. Among the last things she shared was that she had wished that we had been true mates instead, that she'd imagined life in my pack. But even then, I was too scared that I couldn't protect either of you from Damon or her mate, even within my own pack's territory. And what I feared the most was that you'd resent me for being absent from your life. But I couldn't take that risk, even if it seemed like the worst option looking back on it."

I feared Aspen would've said something sarcastic, but he remained quiet. Arthur let out a breathy laugh and added, "and look where that has led us."

Aspen smiled. "It wouldn't have been my first choice," he mused. "Granted, if I had to make that decision that early in my life, I'm not sure what I would've done."

I don't think anyone would've known. And in Arthur's case, he had the added pressure of being a pack leader and a child on the way. I knew firsthand what fear and pressure could make people do.

"May I ask you something?" Arthur asked.

Aspen nodded.

"Are you happy?"

Aspen stiffened, his lips parting and closing. I hadn't expected the question either. Aspen gulped, mulling the question over before finally responding. "Yes."

In a way, I had expected Aspen to add to his response; complain about something or another, or add a sarcastic quip like he usually did. But he didn't. Instead, he looked up at Arthur, repeating the word with more confidence.

Arthur smiled. "I'm glad."

"Glad?" Aspen echoed. "That doesn't make you regret things more?"

"As much as I would love to change the things I've done, there's no guarantee that you would have been happy or in the situation you are now if I had done things differently. If I had you live in my pack, there's a chance you wouldn't have met the people you did, and maybe you'd still resent me."

Aspen furrowed his brows. "I don't resent you."

Arthur tilted his head, surprise evident on his face. "You don't?"

"I thought I would, but I've learned that resenting someone isn't worth it," Aspen said, glancing at me with a smile. And for the first time since this meeting began, he let go of my arm, placing it relaxed in his lap. "I thought I would, but strangely, I don't. While it's unsettling to know what happened, I understand."

Arthur's eyes softened. "Thank you. And for what it's worth, I am sorry."

Aspen held up a hand in front of him, shaking his head. "Don't apologize. The only one that owes any of us—including Vince—apologies is already six feet under. Not that anyone in their right mind would accept it."

Arthur let out a laugh.

Speaking of Vince, I glanced at the door, not sensing his presence outside. I cleared my throat, tapping Aspen's thigh. "If it's alright with you, I'll check on Vince. You two will be okay?"

They turned to each other, a faint smile on both faces. Arthur spoke first. "I think so?"

Aspen nodded before placing a hand on my shoulder. "We'll be alright."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

67.5K 2K 6
Oliver has a good heart, he graduated from high school and got into an exceptional college, and he was never mean to his parents. So why? Why did he...
11.4K 409 17
Noel knows nothing but abuse at the hands of his alpha. Having suffered for years, he expects it will be this way until he dies. The only thing keepi...
1.3M 52.3K 29
BOOK 1. SHADOW CREEK PACK. Xavier, the last of his clan, the last of his family, thought he was alone, well thought, blending in and surviving for ye...
8M 354K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...