๐’๐€๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‘ | Mj urban story

Oleh sellibeau

{2021 MJFA's Best Urban winner} Michael Jackson, street thug, makes contact with a young girl around his age... Lebih Banyak

Cast-welcome
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 28

599 22 256
Oleh sellibeau

🎶heaven is a place on earth with you🎶
-lana del rey

Naija's journal:

         I was right. The odd feeling I've been having wasn't trivial. I knew to trust my intuition. My biggest fear—his—came true.

love, Naija R.

Previously....

Some time passed before he just scratched the back of his neck and exhaled once more. "And...I'm....sorry fa what I said earlier. I didn't know it'd upset you so much ight?" He muttered, remembering what Bianca said. He wasn't going to ask about the past trauma it triggered but apologizing was the first step.

She smiled lightly, knowing it was probably hard for him to apologize since he isn't the type to get sentimental and is accustomed to going through life without having to apologize to people.

"It's fine." She assured him.

He stopped at another red light and gained the opportunity to look her in the eye. "'N I didn't know you were cryin', Naija." He lowered his brows and turned her face towards his with his pointer and thumb on her chin. "You were mean this morning, Michael." She lowly muttered. "My bad jit." He said and he brought her lips to his and pecked her twice before pressing the pedal and speeding down the roads again.

She sat back straight in her seat. "A-and how'd you know I was crying?" She asked as her eyes bounced around the car in embarrassment.

He scoffed. "I know everything Naija."

But she knew Bianca must've told him and scolded him about it as well which is probably how he knew to apologize in the first place. Naija smiled, thankful to have a friend like Bianca. Something she's never had before.

Uly's near death experience wasn't the end of the road.

The trauma just doesn't end.

Omniscient~

FEW weeks passed by since the news of Ulysses. It's been a dull few weeks—due to the fact that things have been quiet and tense indeed. Uly hasn't woken up from his coma yet, but is in stable condition and will be fine.

Emmanuel, Essy's boyfriend who was shot along with Uly, is also in stable condition.

Although their conditions are stable, this doesn't reflect on the mentality of everyone else.

"B you're fuckin' buggin'." Michael rolled his eyes as he turned the wheel, merging onto the highway. They're returning from a typical drug deal that was pretty far away from where they lived but business succeeded.

"How am I buggin'?" She questioned, casually on her phone in the backseat with her legs propped up on the seats. "I told you once y'all was done wit' your drug deal or whatever that we'd talk."

"Nah you said we'd talk. We ain't even agree to that shit." King muttered, blowing from his blunt out the opened window as it allowed the cool March air to enter the car.

Bianca laughed unamused. "What I say goes. Remember that."

King scoffed and pointed his thumb back at her incredulously at Michael as he scoffed as well. "Get a load of this guy."

"Ight." Michael decided to be cordial. "Whachu wanna talk about? What's there to say?"

Bianca sat up. "Hmm I don't know maybe the fact that our friends Ulysses and Emmanuel got shot the fuck up and are in comas because of somethin' y'all two were involved in a few years back."

"Aye wait I wasn't there though." King surrendered lazily. "Y'all keep draggin' my name in it like I was fuckin' there."

"They're still your opps Jeremiah they don't fuckin' like you already. Quit actin' like this the only shit they'd be mad about."

"Shit."

"You jus' jumpin' to conclusions though." Michael kissed his teeth, switching lanes recklessly and driving in the most inhumane of ways. "Like I know your knees hurt. Imagine jumpin' to conclusions like this."

Bianca straight faced him. "So yall sayin' I'm bein' far fetched?"

They exchanged glances. They know she's not too far off with her speculations. Uly and Emmanuel could've most definitely gotten shot because of the prison situation involving Michael a couple years back. Pop is already down. Who else and how many is there to go?

"I mean if they want us dead why get Uly 'n Manny?" Michael asked. "They too pussy to face me head on? The fuck?"

"I'm too damn tired for this shit man. The fuck they want revenge for? This ain't good for the economy." King started with his nonsensical ranting.

Bianca scoffed and sat back in her seat again. "Im convinced y'all are delusional and high. That's deadly."

"Whachu want us to do B?" Michael looked at her through the rear view mirror. "The jit's already on my ass bout this shit too. I might as well go into hiding." He said—although he didn't mean it. His pride is too high to hide from his problems.

Bianca sighed. "I just feel conflicted 'cause y'all got me in this mess too." She muttered.

Michael and King exchanged glances again. "The fuck she talkin' bout?"

"I'on know bro."

"I'm right here y'all can stop actin' like I'm not." She got in their faces despite being in a moving car. "I mean, two of my friend's jus' had people who are close to them get shot 'n I know exactly why and how much danger we all in. Keepin' my mouth shut is drivin' me crazy."

Essy's pretty close with Bianca and Yisel since her boyfriend is close with Michael, King, and Uly. They're all cool with each other at the end of the day.

"Essy already knows ight?" Michael sighed.

Bianca raised a brow. "She does?"

"We told her at the hospital. Figured we'd at least tell her 'cause she wouldn't go runnin' her mouth like you would."

Bianca kissed her teeth. "Nigga-"

"Look I getchu." King nodded, eyes blinking slowly. "But I'on wanna start talkin' shit bout what could be goin' on and why they were shot until we know shit for sure. It ain't good for our blood pressure."

"Nigga shut the fuck up you high as shit." Michael shook his head and closed the window as he was beginning to get a bit cold. "But like he said it ain't necessary to start talkin' now. I got this shit—since I'm mostly involved I'll fix it like I always do. Coo?"

Bianca rolled her eyes and nodded. "Coo."

The day was slowly wasting away as its currently about 5 in the evening.

Naija didn't want to come along on their little trip simply because she would never in a million years be interested in a drug deal neither did she feel like leaving the house.

"Shit we home yet?" King dragged as leaned his head back on the seat. Bianca had already fallen asleep in the back and it felt like they've been driving forever although it's been an hour and a half.

Michael side eyed him, making him stop complaining before he'd have something else to complain about. "You tryna hit up Stoke tomorrow?" King asked instead and Michael nearly hit the brakes in the car.

"Huh?"

"You heard me."

"You wanna hit up Stokeley?"

King looked side to side. "Did I stutter?"

"I ain't hittin' up shit. Nigga can fall in a ditch. Shit."

"Look I ain't excited either but we needa ask him 'bout what he knows bout Pop's death 'n if him gettin' shot is related to Uly 'n Manny."

"Have fun."

"Work wit' me nigga I'm high."

"Stoke can suck my dick I'm so serious. Nigga's jus' gonna freak out like Richie's crazy ass 'n start a fight. I've had enough for one month."

King kissed his teeth. "We're goin' ion care. Bout time we start cleaning up after ourselves anyways. We did so much in the past 'n now these niggas wanna dwell on old shit."

Although this certain situation—the jail one involving Michael, Pop, and Stokeley a few years ago—involves Michael more than it does King, the people involved still despise King just as much as they do Michael for other things. He's in this mess just as badly.

Michael rolled his eyes so far up his head they could've gotten stuck. "One more person tell me what to do n' imma really freak."

King laughed lightly. "We payin the price."

They finally arrived home and as soon as Michael opened the front door, Bear came running to his feet and being nosy, sniffing at the brown paper bag in his hand.

"Yo back up. Shit ain't fa you." He scolded.

Bear whimpered like he understood every word making Michael jerk his head back. "Stop. You already had your food. Quit bein' greedy." He said before walking down the hallway to their room.

"Naija I got tacos." He casually said as he opened the door with no caution or knocking whatsoever.

She nearly shrieked because 1. She didn't know he was back. And 2. She was nearly naked, pulling a hoodie over her head while only wearing underwear.

She held a hand to her chest dramatically. "Michael why?"

He laughed unamused as he placed the bag on the dresser. "Why would I knock to get into my own room?" He joked. "'N it ain't nothin' I ain't seen before."

"I thought you were a burglar. I didn't even hear you come in." She proceeded on with her whining as he sat on the edge of the bed dillydallying on his phone despite her distress.

He then half smirked and pulled her closer, stopping her from finally pulling the hoodie over her head as she let it just drop to the floor, leaving her in a tank top and underwear.

"So whachu been up to?" He asked, extending his neck to look up at her with lazy eyes and a lazy smirk. His curls were in a messy man bun and she found it cute. His arms wrapped lightly around her waist as he hugged her close.

She got all shy and avoided his gaze as she just ran her hands through his curls and down his face as they ultimately rested around his neck. "Nothin'." She sheepishly replied with a short shrug.

"Bianca lectured our asses yet again." He blinked exaggeratedly, making her lightly laugh. "As she should. You guys should look into this more." She reminded him

"We hittin' up Stokeley tomorrow to ask him what the hell he knows. Then all y'all fuckers can leave me the hell alone."

Naija's brows knitted. "Wait is that the one who shot up your house that one time and you yelled at me for answering the door?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"You're gonna talk to him?"

"Ain't my idea it was King's lazy ass. Nigga finally grew a dick and some balls." He said and she laughed and nudged him to stop being gross. "But we'a be straight. Nothin' gon' go down."

She nodded her head as his arms tightened slightly around her, enjoying each other's embrace as she leaned down and kissed him a few times.

"You smell good." She breathed, kissing at his neck. His scent was heavenly as always. She moved up to his lips one last time before releasing herself from his grip to get changed.

"How's your shoulder?" He asked, laying on his back and propping his arms behind his head as he nearly eye fucked her.

She got her hoodie on and searched for her yoga pants. "Better." She proudly replied. "It's like I was never shot."

"Ight now..."

She suddenly gasped and looked towards the dresser. "Wait you got tacos?" She excitedly asked and dug into the paper bag.

"I said that like 10 minutes ago."

She nearly jumped in rejoice at the sight of food and smiled widely. "Yay!" She lightly cheered before getting curious again. "You didn't get food for yourself? Why'd you guys even take so long?"

"I ate on the way here 'n the drug deal was far as fuck away." He shrugged casually.

She tsked. "Selling drugs is not good." She said in a sing-songy voice, gliding through the carpet to put on some warm socks.

"Racked up $400 though." He said in the same voice as her and she rolled her eyes, shaking her head and fought against thinking about how good that is but stood her ground.

"Still bad though."

"What," he sat up on his elbows. "You'n like drugs? You too good for 'em?"

She nodded her head, digging into the bag to nibble on some steak from the taco. "Yeah I really am."

"Would you still love me if I was a crackhead?" He questioned teasingly and she laughed at the randomness of it-

"Stop you sound like those girls who ask their boyfriends if they'd still love them if they were a rock."

He laughed dryly. "Jus' answer the question. What if I snorted the white stuff up my nose day 'n night?"

She laughed like a little girl in a candy shop and looked over her shoulder with a small shrug. "Yes I would 'cause it's you." She said quietly.

He pretended not to hear. "Huh?"

"I said I would 'cause it's you."

"Que?"

She threw a pillow that was on the floor at him and he surrendered. "Ight I quit. Come here." He commanded her and she was stubborn. "I'm hungry I wanna eat my tacos."

"Come here." He repeated and she kissed her teeth and walked over to him, climbing up on the bed where he laid casually and he pulled her closer and connected his lips to her's once more.

"You made me travel over here just to kiss me again?" She muttered against his lips, a smile curving into the corners of her lips and he chuckled. "Don't get cocky, jit." He replied and pecked her lips and longed for more, internally liking her stubbornness at the moment which pulls him in more.

"Stop tryna dodge me." He grunted and grabbed her wrist as she laughed lightly. "My tacos are getting cold." She whined, melting into the kiss again.

"Let 'em."

___

The next day...

"Y'all must be out yo got damn minds." Stokeley stood in the doorway with a blunt in between his lips, a faded look on his face and a gun in his back pocket like somebody's body guard.

Michael and King stood before him—unwillingly—strapped up as well in case any nonsense happens like what happened with Richie.

"Nigga we here for a question then we'a bounce. We ain't come for some bullshit ight?" King rolled his eyes 

"'N why should I have small talk wit' y'all?" Stokeley looked them up and down.

"I mean after you done shot up my muh fuckin' house you'n think you owe me?" Michael inquired.

Stokeley laughed dryly. "'N I'd do it again."

Before Michael could say something smart and escalate things, King spoke up. "We got shit to discuss 'bout Pop's death so les' be cordial jus' for today."  He exhaled deeply.

Just being here in Stokeley's presence irked the both of them beyond words due to their bad history and blood.

"Be cordial? What the fuck is there to discuss? The nigga's dead. Fuck off my porch man." Stokeley kissed his teeth and attempted to close the door but Michael stopped it with his foot.

"So our question is whachu know bout it? Ulysses and Emmanuel jus' got shot up after Pop got killed. Obviously this shit traces back to us so start talkin'."

"Us? What I got to do wit' it?"

"Don't act all dumb." Michael made a face and kissed his teeth. "Them niggas we messed wit' before we got arrested are on our asses am I fuckin' right?"

"So if you know why the fuck you askin' me?"

That sent chills down their backs—only because what Naija and Bianca were saying was true. This all traces back to the guy they killed that day and what led to their arrest.

King furrowed his brows. "So thas' what this is about for real? Why they comin' for Uly 'n Manny then?"

Stokeley shrugged sarcastically. "I don't fuckin' know. Maybe 'cause y'all are deemed untouchable 'round here. Only care about your damn selves anyway. It ain't surprising you'd let your niggas get shot instead of y'all jus' like how ain't nobody gave a shit how I ended up in jail for the longest."

His words were obviously still bitter. Michael laughed tauntingly and glanced at King. "Nigga's still cryin' bout somethin' that happened over two years ago. Actin' like we gave him the longest sentence 'n not the court."

Just seeing Michael smiling about this angered him even more. "What the fuck you laughin' at? You think shit's funny? Ya'll are next anyway. They prolly only got Uly 'n Manny as a warning but I hope they on yo ass next."

"'N you ain't?" King questioned. "You was there too ma nigga."

Stokeley laughed a hardy one and clapped his hands. "I have my ways. They ain't touchin' me." He bragged.

Obviously Stokeley is ahead of the game as always as he has connections everywhere—so somehow he got them to lay off of him and not come for him. That explains why he's so carefree about this despite the seriousness of it all.

He knows more than he's letting on. "So you know exactly why they came for Uly 'n Manny." Michael dryly stated, not amused by his cocky attitude.

He nodded. "Muh fuckas must be scared of y'all. Especially yo measly ass." He pointed to Michael.

Scared may be an overstatement but there has to be a specific reason as to why they targeted Uly and Emmanuel as opposed to Michael and King themselves.

Michael and King are not strangers to the streets as almost everybody knows who they are, what they stand for, and what bullshit they don't tolerate. Messing with one of them allows for a sea of sharks to retaliate. Although they're a duo, they can easily multiply.

Michael scoffed—both of anger and amusement. Targeting people he cares about instead of himself has always been one of his pet peeves as this has happened before with other friends of their's.

He turned on his feet and waved Stokeley off. "Look I'on know how y'all tryna rock or if you've become their bitch or whatever the fuck you doin' that they ain't comin' fa you. But tell 'em I ain't one to mess wit'. Continue suckin' their dicks for all I care but I ain't gettin' on my fuckin' knees for nobody. I ain't a lil bitch like you. Done wasted my damn time." He jogged off the steps and walked off-

King followed as Stokeley scowled in the doorway, staring at them with venom. They got back into the car and sped off. They could pat themselves on the back. They got the information they needed.

"Damn. You called that man a dick sucker then walked off. Life's crazy." King snickered as Michael just exhaled from his nose, still irritated.

"Mans did some kind of deal with 'em 'n now he ain't bein' targeted instead of owning up to shit. Dick riding behavior. Funny thing is them muh fuckas are scared of us."

King nodded. "Yeah but if they ain't gon' touch us..who else do you think they gon' come for that they know we care about?"

That question really made Michael think. The first thought that came to his mind was Naija. She's notorious for always being a target. Although he hurt her feelings when he told her this—she really is a walking target.

"Fuck." Michael dryly said with dead set eyes. "We gon' make peace wit' 'em or continue livin' like ain't nothin' wrong? Uly 'n Manny nearly died."

King shrugged. "We gotta make peace. I'll be damned if they get Bianca too. But later though—I'm tired. Drivin' all the way out here for jus' Stokeley's ass really was a drag."

Michael straight faced him. "I was the one who did all the driving."

"Still took a lot out of me. Don't discredit me what the fuck?"

"Ight man."

They made it back to Michael's house and King followed him in since he found out Bianca and Ameera are currently there, paying a visit to Naija.

"Aye watch out. Imma crash real quick." King said, making the girls move for him so he could lay down and possibly nap on the couch but was turned down.

"How'd it go?" Bianca raised a brow, looking up from her phone and King sighed. "He knows all about it 'n yes Uly 'n Manny were shot 'cause of the incident involving Michael 'n them a few years back."

"I knew it." She dryly muttered. "Not surprised."

"Ou wait what incident? What's going on?" Ameera perked up at the mention of drama, her eyes bouncing from person to person.

Michael stepped away to the kitchen where Naija currently is, pouring herself some juice from the fridge. She heard what King said from the living room about her and Bianca's assumptions being right. She just didn't want to be right..

"You heard." Michael leaned against the fridge as she had her back turned briefly before meeting his eyes. "Yeah. So you guys are targets."

He shook his head. "Nah they're scared of us. Pussies. So they goin' for people we know." He calmly said.

Her eyes widened but he eased any further questions or concerns she may have. "We gon' make peace wit' 'em ight? Ain't the first time. So you'n gotta worry bout 'em."

"But I'm a walking target. I'm basically a magnet for trouble." She said with a hint of mockery in her voice and he rolled his eyes with a dry laugh.

"You still ain't over that? I was jus' talkin' shit. You're not a walkin' target."

"I basically am though." She glumly replied, bringing the cup of juice to her lips. "It's not like you were wrong. I draw attention to myself all the time. They're gonna get me."

"'N when you say shit like that it also pisses me the fuck off." He shook his head and walked up to her. "I'm handling it, ight? Quit sayin' shit like that." He assured her and lifted her chin up to kiss her.

"Woah wait before I get flashed I have a question 'cause these fuckas won't tell me." Ameera's voice boomed from the entryway of the kitchen, making Michael look her up and down.

"Whachu babbling bout now?" He walked over to the fridge, wishing for a cup of juice too but just ultimately turned back around and stole some of Naija's from her hand.

"What's this incident ya'll keep mentioning 'n how does it relates to Uly gettin' shot? Tell me right now."

Bianca and King entered right after her, surrendering up their hands. "Look I ain't sayin' any more than I have. To my work here is done." King shrugged and took an apple from the fruit bowl.

Michael glanced at Naija and gave her the green light to at least tell Ameera since there's no harm in it.

"What? You for real?!" Ameera gasped.

"'Meera please keep your damn voice down." Bianca stressed due to the headache forming.

"Sooo because Mike aided in the murder of some nigga, the dead nigga's entourage are comin' for revenge on y'all years later?" She clarified

"I ain't aid in shit. I jus' stole their shit 'n I dipped as soon as they pulled the trigger on the guy 'n heard police sirens. I ain't even do shit. Y'all eatin' my ass up wit this bullshit."

"Pause-" King muttered.

"'N so now they're scared to retaliate on y'all so now they jus' got Uly 'n Eman 'cause y'all are close?"

Naija nodded.

"Okay I'm up to speed now."

"Now you needa promise us somethin' Ameera." Bianca got in her face and cupped her face with her hands to look her dead in the eyes sincerely. "Don't tell Yisel we know why her brother was shot. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't. Tell. Yisel. Got it?"

Ameera nodded, her face stilled being cupped in Bianca's hands. "I get it." She innocently shrugged.

Ameera is known for spilling secrets in the past. She's not the best advocate to be trusted with important information.

"Man why'd we agree to tell her?" King shook his head and she looked at him offended.

"Umm y'all are actin' like I can't keep a secret." Ameera crossed her arms.

"You can't, sweetie. And it's okay." Bianca ruffled her hair.

"I'm actually very offended right now I'm not gonna lie."

"Ight everyone get out my house. I'm tired as fuck." Michael shooed everyone away as they left unwillingly, kissing their teeth and muttering things as they did.

8pm fell upon the skies, darkening it. Naija was on the bed with Bear in her lap with her laptop open and searching for tattoo designs to get next. The idea of getting tattoos always made her excited.

Michael joined her on the bed, laying on his back with one hand behind his head and the other holding his phone up in the air, casually scrolling through it with a blunt in his mouth.

He peeped at what she was looking at and scoffed. "I know you ain't lookin' for tattoo ideas."

"What's compatible with a butterfly? Should I just get a heart next?"

"I dare you." He nonchalantly replied, making her laugh lightly. "Why are you so against hearts?"

"'Cause they're lame as fuck." He blew from his blunt and into her face on purpose which usually upsets her but-

"Can I take a swig?" She asked and he paused and looked her up and down before just ignoring her. "Please." She pleaded. "I haven't had weed in weeks why are you depriving me from it?"

"'Cause you're freaky as fuck when you're high 'n I ain't dealin' wit' it tonight."

She gave him a look, making him do it right back. "Freaky how?" She narrowed her eyes. "Wait what do I say and do when I'm high?" She started to panic.

He grinned to her dismay and took pleasure in withholding this information. "I'on know." He shrugged.

She straight faced him. "Tell me."

"You tellin' me you'n remember when you got high that one time and told me you wanted to-"

Her eyes went wide and she stopped him immediately. "Okay okay okay I remember! You don't have to continue."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You really let your intrusive thoughts win when you in the clouds I swear."

"Mmh. Good to know."

"Gave me a whole declaration on what you wanted to do to me that night. I thought I was bouta get slutted out." He stuck out his tongue with lazy eyes and she waved him off.

"Oh that's cool." She nodded, wishing for him to stop talking so she wouldn't have to hear the embarrassing things she said while high. "Can I just have one swig and that's it?"

He rolled his eyes and reached over, releasing his blunt from in between his lips and switching it to her lips, lighting it up again, but he only let her do it for a minute before taking it again, not wanting her to get high at all for the night.

"You happy?" He dryly asked and she nodded with a smile. "Mmh." She hummed.

"You really owe me." He side eyed her while on his phone as he was only half serious.

"I'm not giving you sex."

"Who said anything 'bout sex?" He played dumb. "Now I know you was hopin' I'd say I want it. Freaky ass."

She just laughed I'm return and faced her computer again, sweet talking Bear into picking a design for her again. "This one or this one?"

Michael kissed his teeth. "That dog has bad taste. He ain't gon' be of any use. Say sayonara to pickin' a good design ma nigga."

Bear even looked back at him like he understood his words, making Michael jerk at him lightly and he flinched and faced forward again.

Michael then kissed his teeth and lifted himself from the bed with a grunt. "Fuck y'all." He said and walked out the room to the kitchen, wishing for some water to quench his thirst.

The kitchen was pitch dark until he switched on the light, opening the cabinet for a glass. He filled the cup with water, about to take a sip until he felt his phone buzz from his pocket.

He looked at the caller ID, seeing it was Maw, his grandma. He cocked a brow, considering it's pretty late for her to be calling. She's never called this late before.

He answered the call and spoke. "Hello?" He asked.

"Hello, Michael?"

His knitted brows never faltered as he realized the voice on the other end did not sound like his grandmother's. It was someone else's.

"Who's this?" He inquired.

"Michael.." the voice called his name again and he dissected it from there, trying to remember who this female voice belongs to-

-his memory then flashed back to Christmas Day, being welcomed to an unwanted guest who showed up unexpectedly that day..

It was his mother, Giselle's, voice.

He could recall it from anywhere now due to the bitterness he feels from it every time it flashes through his ears.

Her voice on the other end hesitated to speak for a while, making him grow impatient. "What's goin' on?" He was unwilling to even be speaking to her in the first place but he wanted to know why on earth she would be answering his grandma's phone.

"Where are you?"

He kissed his teeth. "Why the fuck does it matter? What's goin' on?"

"Michael your grandmother..."

It felt like eternity for his mother's voice to just up and say whatever she wanted to say. He braced himself the more seconds that ticked by.

"Your grandmother is dead, Michael. She died this afternoon."

He couldn't comprehend what he was told at first. The voice on the other end suddenly just became an echo.

He stood there frozen. He didn't move a muscle or say another word. His mother was met with complete silence on the other end. She wondered if he was even still on the phone with her.

"Michael?.. Michael.."

Everything around him just became dark. The lights he switched on when he entered the kitchen priorly suddenly was of no importance as it felt pitch black again, matching the dark night sky outside.

The glass of water in his hand dropped to the floor, shattering into pieces.

__

A/n: hey hey hey

im gonna try to be more consistent with updates from now on since I'm motivated again.

did y'all enjoy

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

29.5K 1.5K 23
|| 2022 MJFAs WINNER ; BEST MATURE ERA STORY || ๐‘จ ๐‘ด๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ ๐‘ฑ๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ฒ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ต ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ด๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ช๐‘ฌ ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ถ๐‘น๐’€ ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†/๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Š๐’” ๐’Š๐’• ๐’†๐’“๐’‚ **M...
5.1K 194 17
Life after her father's death was far worse than she could've ever imagined. โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข It'd been nearly a year since Imani Harris' father had passed away...
480K 12K 55
"๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด , ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ...