๐•ฑ๐–Ž๐–—๐–Š ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ท๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™

By pllspnlover

๐ƒ๐š๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ง ๐“๐š๐ซ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ๐ž๐ง/๐Ž๐‚ ๐˜ผ ๐™๐™š๐™™ ๐™‹๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ๐™จ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ข๐™š๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ช๏ฟฝ... More

The Rogue Prince
The Tournament
Dragonstone
Battlefield
Pleasure
Wed Her To Me
Twisted Reunion
Seduction
The First Red Wedding
Me and the Devil
The Feast
Betrayal Cuts Deep
Rebirth
Bonus Chapter: First Meeting

Beyond the Wall

1.4K 67 16
By pllspnlover

Ten years.

It had been ten long years since Kiana had seen her mother. She could barely remember what she looked like, or how it felt to be in the presence of one's family. As she looked into Melisandre's light blue eyes, she realised it was like looking at a stranger. Someone she knew long ago. Someone who had never cared enough.

"Ñuha tala (My daughter)" Melisandre smiled, reaching out to touch her child's face, taken aback when she saw how Kiana flinched.

"Skoro syt emagon ao māzigon? (Why have you come?)" Kiana questioned, bluntly.

"Nyke jeldan naejot ūndegon ao (I wanted to see you)" Melisandre replied, as Kiana have to bite down the scoff that threatened to leave her lips.

"Gaomagon ao pendagon nyke sīr doru-borto naejot pāsagon bona? (Do you think me so foolish to believe that?)" Kiana muttered, as Melisandre pursed her lips.

"You always were too smart for your own good, Kiana. I see that has not changed" Melisandre stated.

"Something you would know well if you had not abandoned me" Kiana retorted, causing her mother to let out a long sigh.

"You had a higher purpose. One you have served well" Melisandre pointed out.

"And what of your purpose, my Lady? Is it not a mother's duty to care for their daughter?" Daemon interjected, still standing close to Kiana's side, not being able to hold his tongue any longer.

Kiana may have not spoken of her mother to him, but he was beginning to see why. He had heard tales of the Red Priestess Melisandre...she was said to be even more fanatical than Kinvara. He remembered one rumour in particular of how she had set fire to a temple of the Seven, how she had smiled as she heard their screams echo through the halls. There was something in the woman's eyes that made him think that rumour was the truth.

"Spoken by a man without children" Melisandre exclaimed, her gaze moving to the Targaryen.

"A Prince. One who you should not wish to cross, my Lady" Daemon retorted, the threat laced into his words.

"Ah. Prince Daemon, I take it? I have heard stories of your arrogance, it seems they were not unfounded" Melisandre mumbled, as Daemon let out a harsh laugh.

"Mother. You are no longer in Volantis. Daemon is of royal blood, dragon blood...you should treat him with respect" Kiana pushed, as Melisandre's eyes narrowed.

Her eyes flickered down to where Daemon's hand still lay on the small of Kiana's back, a warm presence to anchor her. She saw how her daughter leaned into his touch, keeping her face impassive. She had heard much of Prince Daemon, and his endearment toward Kiana, leading her away from the Lord of Light, time and time again.

"I wish to speak to the High Priestess. We have much to discuss. If you would fetch her, Kiana?" Melisandre asked, as Kiana's eyes darted to Daemon's for a moment, who gave a subtle nod.

"Of course, mother" Kiana muttered, with a roll of her eyes, bringing a fond smile to Daemon's lips.

Daemon watched as she flittered through the crowds, making her way over to Kinvara's table, where the older woman was already eagerly awaiting. Daemon turned back to Melisandre, tilting his head as he waited for whatever the Red Priestess had to say to him.

"Gaomagon ao jorrāelagon zirȳla? (Do you love her?)" Melisandre inquired, managing to do the impossible and catch Daemon off guard.

Daemon's brow furrowed as he mulled over her words, not sure how to reply. He knew the truth. He had for a while now, but whether he admit it to the stranger in front of him was another question altogether.

"...Kessa (Yes)" Daemon replied, surprised when he saw the relief growing on Melisandre's face.

"Sȳz. Kessa jorrāelagon ao isse se jēdri naejot māzigon (Good. She will need you in the years to come)" Melisandre told him, as Daemon shook his head, in disbelief.

"And you? Does she not need her mother by her side?" Daemon retorted, angrily.

"When we agree to wear these robes, we forgo all that we could have been. A daughter, a friend, a lover...even a mother. I am afraid my daughter does not seem to realise that yet" Melisandre exclaimed.

"Kiana is far more than a Red Priestess" Daemon stated.

"That she is. Ever since she was a child, the Lord shone his light on her. Allowing her to see what was to come in the flames and even the gift of fire itself. Have you never wondered why that is, my Prince?" Melisandre inquired, making Daemon frown.

"She's strong. Stronger than most" Daemon suggested, as Melisandre nodded slowly.

"Of course. I have seen that in her since I first held her in my arms. And I have done what I could to grow that fire in her—" Melisandre was cut off, by a familiar voice, as Daemon twisted around to find Kinvara and Meira approaching them.

"Melisandre. Ēza issare tolī bōsa (It has been too long)" Kinvara greeted, as Melisandre gave her a smile that did not meet her eyes.

"Ao vestragon daor iā tubis uēpkta (You seem not a day older)" Melisandre replied, her eyes flickering to the large ruby red hexagonal necklace that Kinvara wore.

"Māzigon, mandia (Come, sister)" Kinvara insisted, holding a hand out to Melisandre, ushering her away from the crowds.

Kiana seemed to let out an audible sigh of relief that moment her mother was whisked away as if a weight had been taken off her shoulders. She still felt the childish need to please Melisandre, to feel her love, even after all these years. Daemon reached up to cup her cheek, tilting her head up to look at him, seeing the conflict on her features.

"I can make her leave, Little Flame. If that is what you wish" Daemon suggested, as Kiana shook her head.

"She is the only family I have ever known, Daemon. I loved her. She was good to me when I was a child. Attentive, loving...but as my gifts grew, so did the rift between us. She no longer treated me as her daughter. She thought her love was a distraction, so...she left" Kiana sighed, sadly.

"Then she is a fool. And I will not make the same mistake" Daemon stated, firmly.

Just as she opened her mouth to question him, he was pulling something out of the belt he wore over his hips. Kiana's eyes narrowed as she saw it was a jewel-encrusted dagger sheath, rubies glistening in the candlelight of the hall. He took her hand in his, removing the dagger from the sheath and placing the sharp blade on her palm. Kiana's mouth went slack as she realised it was no ordinary dagger, far lighter and sharper than any steel she had ever felt. As Kiana looked closer she could see the distinctive ripple pattern in the metal, which caused it to be almost unbreakable.

"I had it made for you after our victory in the Stepstones" Daemon confessed, as she ran a finger over the blade, eyes wide with amazement.

"It's beautiful" She murmured.

"I thought it a more suitable betrothal gift than a necklace," Daemon told her, as Kiana's eyes darted up to his.

"Daemon..." Kiana trailed off, as he raised his hand up, his thumb brushing against her bottom lip, stopping her words.

"Be my wife. We will marry in the tradition of the Red God. Live together until we are both old and grey—" Daemon began, but Kiana stopped him after a few moments.

"What of the throne? Your birthright? I am a commoner, Daemon. You could lose everything" Kiana insisted, as Daemon leant forward, resting his head against hers.

"Nyke sepār jaelagon ao (I just want you)" Daemon all but whispered, as he pressed his lips to hers, warmth spreading throughout his body.

"You are a mad man, Daemon Targaryen" Kiana stated, pulling away from the heated kiss.

"I am for you, my Priestess" Daemon grinned, pressing a soft kiss against her forehead, as Kiana pulled at the folds of her skirts.

Daemon's eyes widened as a dagger was revealed in between the pleats of her dress, a simple wooden handle, the blade inside sheathed with red leather. He was surprised as she held the dagger out to him, almost appearing nervous.

"My betrothal gift may not be so extravagant, but it means the same. A promise" Kiana explained, as Daemon took the dagger from her palm, a fond look in his eyes.

"I have never wanted..." Kiana trailed off, when she spotted something behind Daemon's shoulder.

He followed her gaze to find Kinvara whispering in Ser Criston's ear, as the man in question clutched at his sword. Kiana caught Meira's eyes for a moment, growing confused when her friend didn't seem able to hold her gaze. What would Kinvara have to say to Rhaenyra's sworn protector?

Suddenly, Kiana felt someone grabbing her arm, tugging her away from the crowds. Her frown deepened when she found her mother clutching at her wrist, a look of desperation on her features. Daemon followed swiftly behind them, as Kiana placed her new dagger in between the folds of her dress.

"Istia henujagon (You must leave)" Melisandre muttered, eyes darting around the hall.

"This is my home, mother. I will not return to Volantis with you, simply because you ask—" Kiana started, but she was immediately cut off by Melisandre.

"It does not matter where you flee to. But you must leave. Take your lover with you if he will protect you" Melisandre insisted, as Kiana tugged her arm free, stopping Melisandre in her tracks.

"What did Kinvara say to you?" Kiana asked, feeling a sliver of panic.

"She sent word to Volantis of your visions. Of the White Walkers beyond the wall" Melisandre exclaimed.

"And you are angry that I did confide in you?" Kiana guessed, as Melisandre shook her head.

"Oh, my sweet girl. You do not understand. The ravens from the North have arrived. Winter is here. And Kinvara believes the Long Night comes with it" Melisandre told her, watching her daughter freeze.

"No...no, it cannot be. It is too soon" Kiana insisted, heart pumping wildly in her chest.

"The truth matters not. She believes the Lord of Light sent you those visions for a reason. She believes you will stop the White Walkers" Melisandre went on, as Daemon let out a harsh scoff.

"This is insanity" Daemon muttered.

"She plans to send you to the Wall. I cannot protect you there—" Melisandre began, but was cut off by a blood-curdling scream from nearby.

Suddenly, bodies were colliding with Kiana, as screams grew from all around the hall. Kiana's eyes darted around in a panic, spotting Ser Criston on the ground, beating a man bloody, before a man shoved past her, pushing her to the ground.

"Kiana!" Daemon cried, grabbing onto her hand, attempting to pull her back up.

Kiana desperately tried to keep her grip on his palm, but more noblemen were racing toward her, pushing her back. She let out a gasp as her hand was wrenched from Daemon's, calling out his name.

"Ki—" Daemon's words were cut off, as he was struck in the back of his head, his vision going dark for a moment.

The next time he opened his eyes, he was lying on the ground, dozens of feet trampling over him. He forced his eyes to stay open, finding Kiana's shoes not far away. He tried to scream her name, but his voice blended into the shouts deafening everyone in the hall. As his vision began to blur once again, he looked up to find a familiar set of eyes glaring down at him.

Kinvara.

Her foot was stamping on his head a moment later, causing his skull to hit the stone flooring underneath, knocking him out cold. With a small smirk, Kinvara twisted around, immediately spotting Kiana in the crowd. The younger girl held her hands up as if she planned to burn Kinvara where she stood.

"Kiana? Daemon?" Rhaenyra's voice called out, some metres away from the pair.

Gritting her teeth, Kiana reluctantly lowered her hands, knowing she couldn't risk setting the crowd ablaze. Her hand lowered to in between the pleats of her dress, feeling for Daemon's dagger when a cloth was suddenly thrust over her face. She let out a scream, trying to pull away from the person smothering her, but it was no use. Whatever was soaked onto the cloth had her knees buckling after only a few seconds.

"N-no..." Kiana stuttered, before everything went black.

                            ----------------------

Alicent's eyes searched desperately for Rhaenyra in the panicked crowd, knowing how easy it would be for the slight Princess to be trampled to death. Viserys stood by her side, calling out for his daughter and brother, knowing they were both somewhere in the crowd. Alicent's eyes soon found a familiar face, her mouth covered by a rag, as a Red Priestess dragged her out of the hall. Alicent opened her mouth to call out, perhaps to her husband or the guards, but she clamped her mouth shut a second later. Kiana had always been a thorn in her side. This was perfect. She could finally be rid of the girl without having even to lift a finger.

                       ------------------------

Kiana's eyes shot open, a sharp gasp leaving her lips as she instantly scrambled to her feet, expecting to find herself in the Great Hall. Panic gripped her as she found instead she was inside a cabin, swaying from side to side, realising she was already at sea. Her sister's had taken her. It was already too late. She rushed to the wooden door of the cabin, letting out a yell when she found it was locked, slamming her hand against the wood.

"No! No, I'm doing this! This is fair! Let me out!" Kiana screamed, banging her fists against the door once again.

"Kiana, you must calm yourself" A soft voice exclaimed, from the other side of the door, which Kiana recognised as Meira's.

"Meira. Please, don't do this. Don't send me to that place!" Kiana insisted.

"You won't be alone. Kinvara is sending over two dozen Red Priestesses' with us. They'll...they'll protect us" Meira explained, making Kiana scoff.

"Then why is it Kinvara does not sail with us? All that waits for us beyond the wall is death" Kiana pushed.

"Your vision meant something, Kiana. You are meant to meet the White Walkers on the battlefield. Our Lord has commanded it—" Meira began, but Kiana cut her off.

"Kinvara commanded it! And you are a fool for trusting her!" Kiana spat out.

"And I suppose you expect me to my faith in the Rogue Prince as you do?" Meira retorted as Kiana rolled her eyes.

"This is not about Daemon. Or the Targaryen's! It is about us, and the state of our religion!" Kiana insisted.

"The only threat to our faith is you, Kiana" Meira muttered, as Kiana slammed her fist against the door once more.

"Where is my mother? I demand to see her!" Kiana exclaimed.

"I do not know. Still in King's Landing, looking for you I expect" Meira suggested.

"I suggest you stand away from this door before I burn it down" Kiana threatened, holding her hand out in front of her.

"And what good will that do you? We're miles away from any port, Kiana. We will not dock until we reach the North. You have nowhere to go" Meira told her, as Kiana grit her teeth.

"I will not forgive you for this, Meira. Nor will I forget" Kiana hissed.

Still, she knew her former friend was right. Even once they arrived in the North, the Red God had few friends, she would not find someone to take her back to King's Landing. She could run, but she expected her sisters would not rest until they found her. She was to be their sacrifice.

                               -------------------------

Daemon grit his teeth so hard he was surprised they did not shatter from the pressure, pulling himself up onto his horse. He had brought his men together, all ready to journey to the North, and beyond the wall without question. He would have their tongues if they dared to speak up against his orders. His horse began to gallop forward, as Daemon gripped the reins of the animal in his hands, knowing his knuckles had turned white without looking. He had never felt such anger. He frowned as he saw the gates to the castle were closed, his eyes widened when he saw his brother standing in front of them, his Kingsguard to either side of him.

"What the fuck is this?" Daemon exclaimed, pushing his horse forward, only allowing the animal to stop inches from the King.

"I cannot allow you to leave in this state, brother" Viserys told him, as Daemon's jaw clenched, and he flung himself from his horse.

"You will not allow me?" Daemon spat out, coming to loom over his brother.

"If you attack a Red Priestess, you will bring the fury of the Lord of Light down upon you. They could burn you at the stake, Daemon!" Viserys insisted.

"They can try" Daemon muttered.

"I know how you care for Kiana. I feel the same—" Viserys began, but Daemon cut him off quickly.

"No! No, if you cared for her, you would not have allowed this to happen! She has been taken and you stand here and do nothing, you fucking coward!" Daemon shouted, watching Ser Harrold stepping forward, as if he expected Daemon to strike his own brother.

"What do you expect me to do? I cannot stand in the way of what the Lord of Light has commanded" Viserys sighed, not being able to meet his brother's eye.

"Kiana is the Red God's true servant. Even you must know that!" Daemon exclaimed.

"...Kinvara is the crown's most powerful ally. Without her support, I fear what would happen to our House..." Viserys admitted, as Daemon suddenly grabbed his brother by the lapels of his shirt.

"I would burn our fucking house to the ground to have her back!" Daemon confessed, his purple eyes wild with rage.

"Unhand the King at once!" Ser Harrold cried, taking out his sword, and placing it to Daemon's neck in one swift motion.

"It is alright, Ser. My brother will not harm me" Viserys countered, holding up his own hands.

"Send your men North. Have them ride without our Sigil. And bring her back home" Viserys suggested, as Daemon's grip relented.

"I will not stay here while Kiana is in danger" Daemon muttered.

"You may not believe in the Lord of Light, or the visions he sends. But I do. What Kiana saw, is real. I may have lost a friend today, but please Daemon, do not make me lose a brother also" Viserys begged, reaching out to grip Daemon's shoulder.

"...She needs me, Viserys" Daemon said, in a pained voice, closing his eyes for a moment.

"She needs you alive" Viserys insisted.

"If they do not find her—" Daemon started, but Viserys cut him off.

"They will. And when they do, you will have my blessing, brother. Take her to wife" Viserys explained, as Daemon gave a slow nod.

He would see Kiana again. No matter what it took.

                                -----------------------

Kiana held her hands close to the fire in front of her, feeling some of the coldness in her fingers thaw. She looked down at the back of her hands, finding they were red and bleeding, her skin cracked from the cold winds of the north. She didn't know how long she had been beyond the Wall. Weeks, months, perhaps even a year? All she knew was she had somehow become accustomed to the cold now, barely feeling the chill that had made its way into her bones. But the hunger was something even she could not ignore. She reached inside her cloak for her dagger, running her finger along the jewelled sheath, instantly feeling a stab of familiarity and comfort. Was Daemon waiting for her? Had he even looked for her?

"It's been two days since we ate" Kiana mumbled, wiping at her running nose with the back of her hand.

"I know" Meira stated.

"We will not last much longer" Kiana pointed out, eyes flickering to the older woman from over the fire.

They had spent the last three days in a cave to escape the harsh winds and snow that had been fast on their heels. The blizzard had come from nowhere and had still shown no sign of letting up. The remaining Priestess had left to bring food back, but that was over a day ago now. They had started out their journey with twenty and five, but they were already down to just eleven. Many had succumbed to the cold, falling asleep to never and awake, and a few had taken their lives. They wished to meet the Lord's embrace.

"Lia will find something. The Lord of Light will guide her" Meira suggested, as Kiana shook her head.

"Lia will find nothing but ice and snow. Because that is all there is! My visions were wrong—" Kiana started, but Meira stopped her.

"No. We keep going North. As Kinvara ordered" Meira insisted.

"This is madness" Kiana muttered, angrily.

"...Very well. I will venture out to find us food. Anything is better than listening to your scepticism" Meira retorted, pushing herself onto shaky legs.

"Meira, you can't...Meira!" Kiana called after her, but the Red Priestess would not listen, pulling her woollen hood over her head to drown out her former friend's voice.

"Fuck sake" Kiana mumbled, turning to her other silent companion.

Lia.

She was an orphan girl, who had spent most of her years in and out of brothels. Paid better than most for her special skills. Her sister's had heard about her on their way toward Winterfell, knowing how useful her skill could be beyond the Wall. They had promised Lia much for her service, and after years of being used by men, the young girl was eager to take up the opportunity to leave the brothels.

"Lia?" Kiana whispered, careful not to startle her.

She was staring at the ceiling of the cave, her eyes a milky white, mouth slack, arms twitching every so often. Kiana crawled closer to the girl, biting her lip, not sure whether to wake her.

Was it dangerous to wake a warg?

"Lia—" Her words were cut off, as Lia's shaky gasp echoed through the cave, her eyes returning to their normal brown colour.

"Seven Hells, don't do that!" Lia complained, running a hand over her face.

"You remember you're supposed to believe in R'hllor now, right?" Kiana laughed, seeing how Lia's eyes widened.

"Ah. Right. Myra's not standing behind me, is she?" Lia grimaced, as Kiana shook her head.

"No. And it's Meira" Kiana corrected her.

"It's not my fault you all have such odd southern names" Lia muttered, making Kiana snort.

"Did you find anything?" Kiana questioned, watching how Lia's face fell.

"I flew for miles. There was nothing. No birds, animals, not even any Wildlings" Lia pointed out.

"You say that like it's a bad thing" Kiana murmured, as Lia shrugged.

"I thought this was going to be an adventure. Instead, I can't feel my fingers and my arse has turned to ice" Lia sighed.

"Send your bird south, it's where we should be headed despite what Meira says" Kiana grumbled, as Lia's forehead wrinkled.

"I...I can't. Something happened, I was flying and then...I think something hit me, in the storm..." Lia trailed off.

"Nothing could survive in those winds," Kiana told her.

"No, but I...I heard something. It wasn't a voice but, it sounded like...where's Meira?" Lia asked, realising the woman was nowhere to be seen.

"She went looking for food. Good riddance, I say" Kiana scoffed.

"What happened between you two? You're Red Priestesses', I thought you were supposed to be like sisters?" Lia pushed.

"She's a bitch" Kiana shrugged, making Lia giggle.

"...But we should probably go bring her back" Kiana sighed, as she stood up, holding her hand out to Lia.

"Actually, I think I'll stay here and wait...okay" Meira groaned, when she saw the look Kiana gave her.

Kiana gritted her teeth as the pair left the safety of the cave, almost being thrown backwards by the freezing winds. How long was the storm going to last? She reached back inside her woollen coat, reaching for her dagger once again, trying to push down her panic.

"You really like that knife, huh?" Lia suggested, having to shout to be heard through the winds.

"It's Valyrian steel. It's worth more than both of us combined" Kiana pointed out.

"Is that why you're always fondling it?" Lia mocked.

"I do not fondle it—" Kiana's words were cut off as a body collided with her own, almost pushing her off her feet.

Kiana went to shove the person away from her, surprised when she found it was Meira, tears running down her cheeks, visibly shaking, and not from the cold Kiana guessed. Her eyes darted around in a panic, her bottom lip wobbling.

"Meira, what happened?" Kiana questioned.

"I....I saw...they..." Meira stuttered over her words, more tears welling in her eyes.

"They? You found our sisters?" Kiana inquired.

A sudden blood-curdling scream had Kiana whipping around to find the sound had come from Lia, eyes focused on something in the snow. Kiana frowned as she took a step closer, finding something red was mixed into the white snow by her feet. She reached down, finding there was something under the snow, eyes widening when she saw eyes staring back at her. It was one of the Red Priestesses'. Just her head.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." Kiana gasped, stumbling backwards as the wind blew away the top layer of snow by their feet, revealing more body parts.

The Red Priestess had been ripped apart, her blood splattered across the snow, a terrified expression still frozen on her features. Meira gripped onto her arm, trying to drag her away as Kiana realised the woman's limbs had been placed in a pattern. A spiral.

"White Walkers" Meira exclaimed, shakily.

Just as she opened her mouth to call over to Lia, she saw something that had her heart stopping. A hand shot out of the snow, ribbons of flesh hanging from its bony fingers, a head following moments later. Kiana couldn't stop the scream that left her lips as her own eyes connected with the icy blue ones of the dead creature in front of her.

                                  ------------------------

Daemon was awoken by the sound of metal hitting stone, eyes flickering open to find his goblet of wine had slipped through his fingers. He raised his hand up to shield him from the rising sun, wondering how long he had been sitting on the floor of his chambers. He could not even remember the last time he had left his chambers. What did it matter? Pushing himself to his feet, his head spun, but he managed to make it to the table in the middle of the room, and began to pour himself another goblet of wine. Another day he could drink away. His eyes flickered over to the dagger he had placed on the table, some nights ago, clenching his jaw as he averted his gaze to the floor.

"Daemon?" His brother's voice echoed through the chamber, forcing him to look up to find him standing by the doorway.

He readied himself to shout at Viserys, perhaps even throw his wine toward him, but he stopped himself when he saw the tear tracks on his cheeks. The way he couldn't meet Daemon's eyes. The look of guilt etched onto his features.

"Kinvara has returned to King's Landing" Viserys announced, as Daemon's eyes narrowed.

"Where is she?" Daemon muttered, already storming toward Viserys.

"In the Red Temple. But Daemon, there is something you must kn—Daemon!" Viserys yelled, but his brother had already shoved past him, not listening anymore.

He did not stop until he reached the temple steps, brow furrowing when he saw people knelt outside. He could hear weeping as soon as he entered the building, finding Kinvara quickly, as he pulled out his sword, all but snarling at her. Kinvara turned at the sound of his sword being unsheathed, not running but inside stepping aside so that Daemon could see what she had been gazing at. The ceremonial table in the centre of the Temple...and a body, wrapped in a white sheet.

"...She fought well. Until the end" Kinvara told him, as Daemon shook his head vehemently.

"No. No, it's not...what is this?!" Daemon shouted, still gripping his sword tightly in his hand.

"We thought it right to bring her back home" Kinvara stated, as she moved to the head of the table, beginning to unwrap the body in front of her.

"She is not dead. This is a trick! Stop! I command you to..." Daemon's words trailed off, as Kinvara pulled away the last piece of cloth, revealing the identity of the corpse.

The pain that ripped through Daemon's chest was unlike anything he had ever felt at that moment. His sword dropped from his hand, the sound echoing throughout the temple, as he continued to stare at the face of the woman he had planned to take to wife. Kiana's face was deathly pale, her lips blue, blood still splattered against her neck. He tried to take a step forward, but his knees collapsed underneath him, and he fell to the floor. A sound left his lips, but it wasn't a scream, or a cry, it was something deeper than that, a part of him that belonged to Kiana. And it was gone now. Just as she was.

With tears welling in his eyes, he forced himself to his feet, and with a shaking hand, he reached out to touch Kiana's cheek, feeling how cold she was. Her skin felt like stone. He leant forward to bring their heads together, one last time.

"...I'm sorry, my Little Flame. I should have protected you" Daemon whispered, as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Her wounds were deep. They would have taken her quickly—" Kinvara was cut off as Daemon suddenly lunged at her, holding Kiana's gifted dagger to her throat.

"You killed her! You fucking did this!" Daemon spat out, as arms were suddenly grabbing his arms, desperately trying to pull him away.

"It is done, Daemon. She is dead. Do not try to join her" Kinvara replied, as more arms wrapped around him, wrenching him back.

"Daemon! Brother, please!" Viserys' panicked voice called out, as Daemon reluctantly lowered his weapon.

"...You are no brother of mine" Daemon growled, before suddenly throwing his dagger through the air, hitting Kinvara directly in the chest.

Screams and cries erupted throughout the temple, as Kinvara's lifeless body flopped to the ground, right beside Kiana's. Daemon then raised the dagger in the air once more, ready to thrust the blade into his own chest, when he was struck in the back of the head. He welcomed the blackness that soon overwhelmed him, hoping he would not wake this time.

                           ------------------------

Some hours later, Kiana and Kinvara's bodies had been moved to the ceremonial chamber, to be readied for their journey to the other side. A Targaryen guard waited inside, not needing to turn around to notice the new arrival in the chamber.

"Valar morghulis" He spoke, as the newcomer came to stand by his side.

"Valar dohaeris" She replied, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"Emā dohaertan sȳrī tubī (You have served well today)" The woman stated.

"Hae emagon ao, eglie voktys (As have you, High Priestess)" The man exclaimed, as his companion removed her hood, red hair coming into view.

"Nyke gōntan daor pendagon se Laehurloqitti Vali dohaertan se Āeksiot Ōño (I did not think the Faceless Men served the Lord of Light)" Kinvara pointed out, as the man raised an eyebrow.

"We serve the Many-Faced God, as do you" He retorted, watching Kinvara purse her lips.

"How is it you are able to change the faces of these people?" Kinvara questioned.

"Do you perhaps ask, in the hope of your sisters gaining the gift?" The man huffed.

"If you will not tell me such a secret, then at least tell me your name. I am in your debt after all. The Rogue Prince believed our act, as did the King. All will believe I am dead" Kinvara explained.

"I am no one" He told her, as Kinvara's eyes narrowed, before nodding at him to leave.

"...This girl, Kiana...she does not belong to death yet. What will you do if she returns to the realm?" The man pushed.

"She has been north of the Wall for months, if she is truly not dead yet...she soon will be" Kinvara insisted, through gritted teeth.

Fire burnt through Lia's chest as she continued running through the blizzard, barely able to breathe anymore. She wasn't sure how long she had been running for, minutes, maybe even hours? All she knew was that if she stopped, she would die. So, she put one leg in front of the other and prayed to the Lord of Light for the first time. Her feet faltered when she saw something approaching her, hoping it was Kiana or Meira, finding a sob left her lips when she saw the newcomer's true identity. A White Walker. His white hair flew in the sharp winds, his body no more than a skeleton now held together by ice and the cold. The creature held a spear in his hand, made from crystallised ice, that would surely split her in two. Lia could swear the creature's mouth pulled into a smirk as he set his gaze upon her. Suddenly, a fireball whizzed through the air, hitting the White Walker in the chest, causing it to stumble back. A hand was then clutching at her arm, throwing her back, as Kiana came into view, pushing herself in front of Lia. Kiana's eyes grew wide as she saw the fire fizzle out, not even leaving a burn on the creature.

"No..." Kiana mumbled, having held onto the hope that her gifts would somehow be able to defeat the White Walkers.

"Run. Run, Lia!" Kiana insisted, pushing the younger girl away, hearing her quick footsteps rushing away a moment later.

Kiana was quick to then pull out her dagger, twisting it around in her hand, catching the creature's eye. Without warning, he was lunging at her with his spear, which Kiana dodged, the snow beneath her feet making it easier to slide away from his attack. The White Walker swiped at her with the spear, causing her to duck, kicking the creature in the leg, and throwing his balance off. She lunged forward to stab the creature with her dagger, but it caught her wrist just an inch from its chest, its grip impossibly strong. As the White Walker raised its spear in the air, she brought her hand down on the creature's wrist, burning it with all the fire she could muster, causing it to release its grip, shoving her away. Just as she straightened up, ready to attack again, the White Walker's spear cut through the air, as blood splattered onto the snow below. It took Kiana a moment to register the pain, reaching up to touch her face, as blood began to drip into her eye. Her fingers instantly felt the deep wound that ran across her face, from one side to the other, as she felt her knees buckle from underneath her. Her hands shook from the blood loss, gagging as she felt blood running into her mouth. The shadow of the White Walker came to loom over her, ready to finish her once and for all. Kiana let out a panicked cry as it grabbed her by the neck, hauling her off her feet, the smirk now firmly on the White Walker's face. She could feel how its hand tightened on her neck, choking her out slowly, as her face turned red, lips gasping for breath. It was playing with her.

Pulling her lips back in a snarl, she spat at the creature, her blood splattering over the White Walker's eyes, catching it off guard. With the last bit of strength she had, Kiana plunged her dagger into the creature's chest. Its icy blue eyes snapped back open, letting out a screech before its skin began to splinter. A second later, the White Walker burst apart, ice flying in all directions, as Kiana flopped to the ground, her Valryian dagger still in her hand. What was left of the White Walker flew away in the wind, as Kiana looked up to see another White Walker glaring at her through the snow. He sat upon a dead horse, ice fashioned upon its skull almost like a crown, its lips pulled back into a snarl.

The Night King.

Kiana pushed herself up onto her shaky legs, blood continuing to drip down her chin, as she raised her dagger in the air. The creatures eye's narrowed for a moment, before it pulled on its horse's reins, and began to move in the opposite direction. A sudden burst of light had Kiana raising her hand up to shield her eyes, finding the sun had finally managed to pierce through the blizzard. The storm was clearing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 600 5
๐Œ๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐•๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐‘๐ก๐š๐ž๐ง๐ฒ๐ซ๐š ๐“๐š๐ซ๐ ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐, ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ˆ๐ซ๐จ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ž...
7.6K 351 9
.เณƒเฟ ๐——๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€. ๐—•๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฑ. ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐˜„๐—ฎ...
208K 8.6K 27
เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหšโœง ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™œ๐™ก๐™–๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™š๐™š๐™ข๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™š๐™ง๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™—๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™™๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ž๐™› ๐™„'๐™ข...
73.2K 1.9K 7
๐–ณ๐—๐–พ ๐—€๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡๐—Œ ๐—๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฝ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐–พ, ๐—’๐–พ๐— ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–บ๐—… ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐–พ๐—Œ. ๐– ๐–พ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐—‡๐–พ๐–พ๐–ฝ๐—Œ ๐–บ ๐—๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ. ๐– ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—๐–บ๐— ๐–ป๐–พ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹ ๐—๐—๐–บ๏ฟฝ...