Seduction

Hours passed and Larys Strong's body was still not discovered, rotting away at the bottom of the cliffs at Driftmark. Daemon and Kiana made sure they were seen by the Lords and Ladies, providing an alibi for themselves. Though they doubted it would matter. Alicent would soon be pointing her pretty finger their way. Another event that night soon stole any attention away from the pair, as whispers grew of a fight between the young princes. Blood had been drawn.

Both Rhaenyra and Daemon's children were covered in cuts and bruises as they entered the hall, all eyes turning to them momentarily. Daemon kept his gaze steady on his brother for a few seconds, finding he appeared more animated and alive than he had in years. Where matters of Rhaenyra and her offspring were concerned, the dragon in the King awoke. Lord Otto seemed especially interested in the fact they had been spotted together once again. Rhaena and Baela rushed over to their father, clutching at his robes, pitiful expressions on their faces. Daemon's hand immediately went to the hilt of his sword.

"Who dares to lay a hand on my children?" Daemon spat out.

"The Prince Lucerys brought a blade to the ambush on my son. He meant to kill Aemond! And your vicious daughters aided him" Alicent retorted, as Baela seethed at the older woman.

"He attacked us first!" Baela exclaimed, making Alicent huff.

"Our children were forced to defend themselves. Vile insults were levied against them" Rhaenyra spoke up, gaining Viserys attention.

"What insults?" Viserys frowned.

"The legitimacy of my sons' birth was put loudly to question. My sons are in line to inherit the Iron Throne, Your Grace. This is the highest of reasons. Prince Aemond must be sharply questioned so we might learn where he heard such slanders" Rhaenyra explained, giving Alicent a pointed look.

"Over an insult? My son has lost an eye" Alicent gaped, with tears in her eyes.

For once, Kiana found herself leaning toward Alicent's point of view. Any mother would want blood if their child were maimed. It was then that an idea seemed to become ingrained in the Queen's mind, as she stormed over to Kiana who had been wise enough to stay quiet so far.

"You. You will heal my son. I command it" Alicent insisted, as Kiana quirked an eyebrow.

"Do you believe your words command the Lord of Light, Your Grace? No. If your son has been injured, it is because the Red God wished it" Kiana retorted, as Alicent bared her teeth at her.

"You will do as I say!" Alicent shouted, grabbing Kiana's arm, meaning to drag her across the room toward Aemond if necessary.

Daemon's sword was unsheathed in one swift motion, and placed against Alicent's slender neck, his eyes burning with fire. He could so easily spill the Queen's blood, all it would take was a flick of his hand. His eyes darted to Kiana's, watching how she gave a subtle shake of her head. Alicent shakily removed her grip on Kiana's arm, as a deathly silence rang out through the hall.

"You would do well to learn some manners...Your Grace" Daemon muttered, lowering his sword, but keeping it close to his side.

"I will look upon the injury" Kiana announced, as she all but shoved past Alicent toward Aemond.

He turned away from her as she approached, attempting to hide the bloody gash covering half his face. Kiana realised how lucky she was to have not lost her own eye when she was maimed. Aemond, it appeared, would not be so lucky. The eye itself had been sliced, and could not be saved. The maester had done what he could to stitch the skin together, but she could see how an infection would likely spread through the skin soon enough. And then more of the young prince's face would have to be carved away.