Our Love Song》Big Time Rush

By lovethebreeze

This story follows Gustavo Rocque's rebellious adopted daughter, Destiny, as she discovers the true meaning o... More

Big Time School of Rocque
Big Time Crib
Big Time Bad Boy
Big Time Love Song
Big Time Mansion
Big Time Break

Big Time Audition

1.7K 58 9
By lovethebreeze

Another day at the lovely Palm Woods. Destiny Rocque was lounging by the pool with her best friend, Camille, when she received a phone call from her foster father, Gustavo Rocque. She only glanced down at the caller ID before rolling her eyes and ignoring the call.

"Shouldn't you answer that?" Camille asked.

"Why?" Destiny asked.

"Because it's your dad." The phone lit up again. "It could be an emergency."

Destiny sighed as she gave Camille a look. "One, he's not my dad. I'm only a publicity stunt to him. And two, if it was an emergency then he can leave a voicemail."

Camille looked at Destiny sadly. Camille knows how much Gustavo loves Destiny like his own daughter, but Destiny was being too stubborn to see it. And that's because she loathes the man. From day one, when he arrived at the orphanage with a bunch of cameras on him. He didn't even look at the children. Gustavo just shrugged his shoulders and pointed at Destiny while saying I don't know...her. Except it wasn't Gustavo's real reason for picking her.

Destiny's phone lit up again, but this time it was Gustavo's assistant - Kelly - calling her. A smile quickly made to Destiny's face as she answered, "This is Destiny."

"Hey, Destiny," Kelly said over the line.

"What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Your dad wants you home to start packing. We're heading to Minnesota in a few hours and we don't want you to miss your flight."

"I'll pass."

Destiny pulled her phone away from her ear when she heard Gustavo yell, "WHAT?!"

"Minnesota?" Camille repeated.

"He's trying to find his new singer. All the others were duds," Destiny informed her.

"YOU WILL BRING YOUR BUTT HOME, NOW!" Gustavo shouted.

"Nah. I'll just stay at the Palm Woods with Camille." Destiny looked at Camille. "If that's ok with you? I can always book a different room."

"No, it's fine. But you gotta help me run lines."

"No one says YOU'RE STAYING!"

Destiny rolled her eyes. "And the more you argue with me the more time you waste which means you're gonna miss your flight. Remind me, how long has it been since you last had a hit? Ten years?"

"It was nine years and you know it."

"Oh, what a glorious nine years it has been since you adopted me," Destiny replied sarcastically.

Gustavo let out a tired sigh. "Destiny -"

"Gotta go. Don't miss me too much because I won't," she said before hanging up.

Camille winced. "Don't you think that's a little harsh?"

"No."

》》》》

It's been a splendid few days with Camille without a call from Gustavo. Kelly did call her to tell her that her father is forming another boyband, which got a chuckle out of Destiny. Now, she's helping Camille practice for her upcoming audition.

"Yeah, I kissed your boyfriend," Destiny read as she and Camille, who was wearing a homecoming dress, walked through the lobby. "And only came back for more."

Camille gasped before looking around. Her eyes first landed on a blonde male sitting by the pool with his friends and ran over. Destiny held her hand up to stop her, knowing how much method acting the girl loves to do, but was too late when she slapped the blonde across the face.

"How dare you?!" Camille cried while Destiny winced from the echo the slap caused. "What we had was real, but you threw it all away for Trish! Trish! My sworn enemy! I never wanna see you again, Troy! Never!"

Camille shrieked before she walked away from the boys, crying. Destiny sighed before she followed her friend. She stopped in front of the blonde first.

"My bad about Camille," she began apologizing while the other three boys gawked at her. "She usually warns someone before slapping them." Destiny sighed before she ran after her friend. "Camille!"

Kendall looked over at the girls confusingly. "What just happened?" he asked.

"I don't know but that last girl is hot," James said.

"You new guys just met Camille, the Palm Woods method actress queen," Tyler, the juice box commercial kid, said from his hiding place in the trash. Kendall removed the lid to the trash and Tyler rose up. "And the other girl is Destiny, she mostly hangs out here to get away from her dad. I'm Tyler. You may have seen me acting on various juice box commercials. Only, I don't wanna be an actor. I wanna be a kid!"

Destiny caught up with Camille. "Camille, you just can't slap random strangers," she began scolding.

"But you gotta admit, they were hot," she said.

"That I can agree but what if they were psycho? Or pull a Hannibal Lector on you?"

"Ok, you need to stop watching horror films, they're giving you ideas."

Destiny sighed before spotting Kelly at the front desk. "Oh, they must be back," she said. She waved Camille goodbye before heading towards Kelly. "Hey, Kelly. Glad you're back."

"You know Gustavo was worried sick about you," she said.

"Worried implies that he cares about me. Which he doesn't," Destiny argued.

Kelly pursed her lips before pulling out a small rectangular box from her pocket. "If he doesn't care, then he wouldn't have gotten you this."

Destiny opened the box to reveal a nice golden bracelet. She closed the box before handing it back to Kelly. "No. He's just trying to buy my love. Which it can't be bought." She smiled before digging through her bag and handing out a small box for Kelly. "But I did see this at the mall and wanted you to have it. Gustavo might not show how much he appreciates you, but I do. And if he's here then I'm assuming the band is here, too."

"Yup. Do you wanna meet them?"

"Sure, it's not like I've got nothing better to do."

Kelly grinned at her before motioning her to follow. They arrived back at the pool and Kelly walked up to the four boys from earlier.

"Ok, mom's all checked in, your sister complained again that she has no friends, so your mom let her watch Shark Cage on Fox, and now it's time to start Gustavo's Boy Band Boot Camp," Kelly listed off.

Destiny winced. "Ooh, good luck with that."

"So we meet again," Kendall said.

"I didn't know you guys were the ones Gustavo hired."

"You know Gustavo?"

"Sadly, yes. The devil in disguise."

James popped up between Kendall and Destiny. "Nice to meet you. I'm Diamond. James Diamond," he introduced himself. Kelly rolled her eyes at James's flirting, knowing the kind of reaction everyone was about to get.

"Destiny Rocque. Pleasure." Logan and Kendall's mouths flew open while Carlos was still smiling.

James smiled at her. "Destiny. Like us going out together must be destiny?"

Kelly counted back from three. When she reached one, the guys crowded together while giving Destiny a look. "YOU'RE GUSTAVO'S DAUGHTER?!" they shouted before James shrieked.

"Foster daughter," Destiny stated venomously, which didn't go unnoticed by Kendall. She looked at Kelly while the guys went back to gawk at the Jennifers. "Can I leave, now?"

"Fine. But you need to be at the studio later."

"Wouldn't want to displease daddy dearest," Destiny muttered sarcastically. She looked at the boys. "You know they won't fall for you. They're really shallow and only date famous people."

James chuckled. "Destiny, clearly, you don't understand the power of the..." He pushed his hair back until he waved his fingers in front of his face.

"That power must be really low then," Destiny commented, which got James to shriek again. James pursed his lips before turning around. The guys marched up to the Jennifers, which annoyed Kelly. She went to grab them but Destiny held her arm. "Wait, not yet. I want to see this."

"Ladies..." James called out. The Jennifers lowered their scripts and practically had a look on their face that read go away. "I don't think we properly introduced..." The Jennifers threw their smoothies at the guys' faces which made Destiny burst out laughing. She even clapped her hands in amusement. "...ourselves."

"Ok, let's go to boot camp," Kendall said.

Destiny dug through her bag and walked up to the Jennifers. She slammed a few bills on the table while still chuckling and said, "That was gold. Next smoothies on me. Well, more on them as it seems."

"Thanks, Destiny," the Jennifers chorused before getting up to leave.

Destiny turned back around. She walked toward James before pointing at the smoothie that was dripping off his face. "You got a little something."

》》》》

Destiny decided not to go to the studio in the beginning. Mostly because she knows how Gustavo gets and she wanted to avoid that. But Camille was at her audition which meant Destiny was bored.

Walking down the hallway, Destiny let out a loud groan. "Ugh, why do I have to be so bored?" She stopped when she heard a few cuss words beginning with the letter X near the dance studio and walked over there. Destiny moved out of the way when Mr. X kept shouting that he quit. Going further into the studio, her brows furrowed when she saw the guys on the ground. "What did you do to Mr. X?"

"Well, first he banged his head into the wall a few times," Logan began explaining as he rubbed his head.

"Then he got really dizzy," Carlos, who was on his head, added.

"Then he said a bunch of bad words that started with X," James continued as he made an X with his arms.

"Then he X-quit," Kendall finished right as Gustavo and Kelly walked in.

Kelly's eyes widened before grabbing two noise-canceling headphones. She placed one over her ears while quickly putting the other over Destiny's before Gustavo screamed.

》》》》

Seeing Gustavo suffer made Destiny stay at the studio. She loves seeing him get riled up and he screamed more today than he had in the last month. And the boys were entertaining her, so she decided to stick around.

She had a blast when the boys had to try on some clothes along with the band name. The guys looked ridiculous in most of the outfits the marketing team made up and the names were worst. Destiny even admitted that she could put together a better outfit than what they're wearing now. She did crack up when they introduced Danger-Boy and the guys wore really tight leather clothing.

The next day even surprised Gustavo when Destiny came to the studio so the boys could rehearse Girl Time. Destiny wasn't a fan of the song. Mostly because all of Gustavo's songs have the word 'Girl' in them. Though she got to admit how funny it was when Kendall asked Gustavo are any of the songs from this girl-enium?

Afterward, the boys were in the sound booth to record Girl Time but it ended up with all of them throwing fruit water at each other before having this big pillow fight...which ended up getting them fired.

"He's a really good piano player," Logan said as the guys sat by the pool at the Palm Woods.

"And I'm so depressed," Carlos muttered.

"It's the music," Kendall said before looking at Guitar Dude. "Guitar Dude, please."

Destiny walked up to the boys while digging through her bag. "Now, you know part of the reason why I avoid him," she said before pulling out James's lucky t-shirt. "And here's your shirt. Completely stain free."

"Thanks, Des," James muttered sadly.

Kendall's sister, Katie, walked up to them and asked, "So has Gustavo dork made you guys famous yet?"

"Well..."Kendall began.

"Gustavo was being a complete dictator and fired them due to creative differences," Destiny answered.

"All he did was yell and scream at us. And make us wear dangerously tight pants. I don't even understand how you can deal with him."

"Because I hide here." Destiny let out a breath before sitting next to Logan. "Here, no one can bug me and I can draw my designs. And the outfits you guys had to wear made me want to vomit. I can do a better job than the company."

"Really?" Katie asked. "And who are you?"

"Destiny Rocque." James noticed Destiny's sketchbook peeking out of her bag and grabbed it before looking through the pages. "The devil's daughter."

"He wanted to turn us into rich and famous pop stars," James snapped, eyes not leaving the sketches. "What an idiot!"

"He wanted to turn us into his trained dancing dogs," Kendall argued.

"Rich and famous dancing dogs."

Logan motioned to James and said, "He's got a point."

"Oh. So you're siding with James now?" Kendall asked.

"No. I..." Logan's voice pitched a bit to show he was lying. "Maybe. Kind of..." He cleared his throat. "Yes."

"You guys blew it. You blew my shot," James said as he finally looked at them. "You could have tried harder, but you didn't."

Carlos shot up from his spot. "Ok. Let's all just calm down and think nice, happy thoughts about kittens."

"I'm more of a dog person," Destiny muttered as she shivered at her pet cat, Montey, back at home. She noticed her book in James's hands and snatched it back.

"You think about kittens with your bad singing and that stupid helmet," James argued before pushing Carlos back into the chair.

Logan held his hands up as he stood. "Whoa. Guys. Guys," he said, playing peacemaker. "Remember our pact about letting this town tear us apart."

Carlos grunted as he sprung back up and tackled James to the ground. Logan tried to pull them apart but was failing miserably.

"Great. Now we're all fighting," Kendall said as he got up. "I didn't even wanna do this."

He soon joined in and tried to break Carlos and James up. He and Logan ended up getting into the fight. Destiny and Katie gave each other a look before they got up and pushed the guys into the pool.

"Katie, Des, what'd you do that for?" Kendall asked.

Katie crossed her arms and said, "Looked like you guys needed to cool off."

"I just wanted to push you in," Destiny said.

James sighed. "She's right. I'm sorry."

In retaliation, Kendall, Carlos, and Logan slashed water on James before dunking his head in.

》》》》

Destiny spent the rest of the day with the guys by the pool. It was getting dark out so they decided to have a little bonfire outside. She was sitting between James and Kendall drawing in her notebook.

"I could stay here and be a model," James said as he tried to plan out his career. "I'm still great-looking. Or the star of a reality show."

"Which one? Project idiot?" Carlos commented.

Destiny snorted. "Now that I'll see."

"That's just your jealousy talking," James said before booping Destiny on her nose. "And you're just being mean to hide your supermassive crush on me."

"I don't have a crush on you," Destiny denied. "Dating any of you would make Gustavo mad, and I'm not stooping that low."

"You know what's funny?" Kendall asked. "We didn't even get a chance to sing together."

Carlos chuckled. Soon the guys began singing their turd song, which Destiny found catchy. Their singing caught the attention of everyone around the Palm Woods pool, who started clapping for them in the end when James sang his high note.

"We should do this," Kendall beamed. "You guys were right. I really think we should do this."

"How? We got fired, remember?" Logan wondered.

"We didn't get fired."

"Yeah, you got fired. Big time," Destiny said.

"Ok, but the problem is we didn't try our best."

James held his hand up. "I tried my best."

"You were busy looking at yourself in the mirror," Destiny said.

James looked offended. "I was no -" Destiny held up her mirror in front of him. James smiled as he grabbed it from her hand. "Hello, handsome."

Kendall smiled before looking at Guitar Dude. "Guitar Dude, I need some music, something inspirational." Guitar Dude gave him a thumbs-up before he started playing. "We are hockey players, brothers of the ice, and we do not quit. Now, are we gonna dump the puck and scramble back to the bench, or are we gonna grab that puck, pull the goalie, and rush the net big time?"

"You really think we can make it as a boy band?" Carlos asked.

"No, but I've realized three things since we got here. One, I love singing. Two, I love singing with you guys. And opportunities like this come once in a lifetime."

"What's the third thing?" Logan questioned.

"It's minus - 8 in Minnesota, right now, and I'm in love with this pool." Kendall looked at Logan. "So what's the play? Dump the puck or big time rush?"

James stood up. "Big time rush," he gave his answer. "Who needs a whole new wardrobe." He gave Destiny a look. "So are you team big time rush?"

Destiny shrugged as she stood up. "What the hey? I got nothing better to do. Team big time rush."

Carlos stood up while putting on his helmet. "Big time rush," he said while slapping the side of his helmet.

"Big time rush," Logan said as he stood.

Kendall smiled at all his friends. "Big time rush."

》》》》

The guys managed to get their second chance with Gustavo. They worked their butts off the whole day and even managed to find a name for their band: Big Time Rush. Destiny surprised Gustavo by helping him with everything; the wardrobe, the music, and the choreography. He knew the girl was talented but didn't know she had that much talent. Destiny stood behind Gustavo, Kelly, and Griffin - Gustavo's boss - as the boys sang their song. She smiled as she bobbed her head to the beat of the music. Now she was waiting patiently for Griffin to give his final answer.

"I like 'em, and the board's gonna love 'em," he said, making Destiny grin. "You got three months to make your demos." Griffin smiled at Gustavo. "I told you the boy band was back." He slapped Gustavo's cheeks. "I have to go. My pants are cold." He stopped in front of Destiny. "My daughter sends her regards. She expects a girl's day tomorrow morning. Don't be late."

Destiny gave a mock salute as Griffin left. Gustavo went toward the soundboard and clicked on the mic before giving the guys the great news.

"Guess who's staying in L.A," he said. All the guys shouted and jumped around in pure happiness. Destiny couldn't contain her excitement and ran inside the room to hug the guys in congratulations. "Stop cheering. If you thought the last three days were hard, wait till you see the next three months. Carlos still can't sing, Logan still can't dance,  and I still can't stand James."

"Me either, Gustavo!" Destiny shouted.

James chuckled before wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Oh, you love me."

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!" Gustavo shouted.

"Overprotective much?" Destiny questioned.

Kendall chuckled as he said, "We'll work on it."

Gustavo sighed but still had a small grin on his face. "Ok, now you can celebrate." Destiny and the guys started jumping around. Gustavo turned around and looked at Kelly. "You know, this is probably the most time we ever spent together." We meaning him and Destiny.

Kelly smiled at him. "Just give her time." She looked at Destiny and the guys. "Who knows, maybe this band is good for them and her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.7K 24
Eurydice Johnson has been playing hockey all her life. It consumed her from a young age, even when the girls around her started noticing boys differe...
26.1K 485 24
When 4 hockey heads from Minnesota move to LA, a certain well known pop star catches the eye of 2. Persephone Fox. Singer and songwriter at the one...
8.8K 52 9
(THIS BOOK IS CRAP!! DONT READ IT UNLESS YOU LIKE CRAPPY FANFICS!!) When Alyssa gets chosen to go play for team U.S.A, she makes new friends and play...
48K 524 55
Girls soccer team second best sport at Eden Hall and best friends with the varsity hockey team, but when the Ducks join everything changes for them...