CHROMA (HS)

By hsdiaries

CHROMA: the purity of a color; it's freedom from white or grey. Maia Drew grew up within the walls of Madison... More

Chapter 1: Maia
Chapter 2: Spinning Out Waiting
Chapter 3: Getting Somewhere
Chapter 4: Laughable
Chapter 5: Just Ten More
Chapter 6: Charades & Fun
Chapter 7: Strongly Dislike
Chapter 8: Maia's Grand MSG Tour
Chapter 9: Something
Chapter 10: Chroma
Chapter 12: Don't Leave
Chapter 13: Maia & Harry
Chapter 14: One Way or Another
Chapter 15: Are You Ready to Take It?
Chapter 16: Scale of 1 to 10
Chapter 17: Mine
Chapter 18: No
Chapter 19: Falling in Love
Chapter 20: Mistake
Chapter 21: I Get It
UPDATES
Chapter 22: Thank You
Chapter 23: You Don't Have To Say It
Chapter 24: Maia's Grand Tour Expansion
UPDATE
NEW STORY UPDATE
ALMOST YOU
sneak peek : upcoming book
house of stone : coming soon
NEW BOOK LIVE

Chapter 11: Ice Rink in September

2.9K 48 3
By hsdiaries

AN: If you've never seen Serendipity there is a spoiler in this chapter.

Getting through work the next day was so hard. I couldn't concentrate on anything other than Harry Styles. Which wasn't a bad thing to concentrate on, but when my dad kept trying to get my attention and my mind was elsewhere; we had a problem.

"Maia. Yes or no?"

I sat up straight, "I'm sorry....yes or no on what?"

I saw his eye roll and bit my lip, "Sorry, this weeks jam packed, my minds all over the place."

"Yes or no on starting to mixing in sporting events posts. Or are we keeping it just mostly Harry still?"

"Oh, uh, yes to the sporting! I sent you a whole mock up earlier."

He glanced down at his computer, scrolling, "Maia, I have nothing from you."

"Really?" I glanced down at my computer quickly, scrambling through realizing I never pressed send. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath, before finally pushing the email through.

"Sorry, my bad, you should be getting it in just a minute, we can share on the display if you like."

He shook his head, "Next meeting is fine. It looks good from what I can see. Make sure your team stays on top of it."

You mean make sure I stay on top of it.

I nodded my head, "Will do dad."

When the meeting ended, I tried to pack up as quickly as I could in hopes of avoiding a lecture from him. It was the last thing I wanted today.

"Maia, a minute please."

Great.

"Of course dad." I smiled, finishing up my cleanup and closing my bag.

Once everyone left he came over and leaned on the table next to me, "You alright there kid? You were a mess today in every meeting."

"Yeah dad, sorry, I just. I honestly don't have a valid excuse. And my only excuse is usually stuff I discuss with either Megan or Vance, so......yeah. I'll just, do better next time." I smiled, blowing my hair out of my face.

"A boy? A boy has you acting this way?"

I hid my face, "Dad, please no."

"Do I know him? I mean the only men you've been spending time with are Lloyd and Harry....oh. Maia."

"Dad. Can we not? Please? I'm being professional, I haven't broken any rules. I just, dad. Please." I pleaded with my eyes for him to drop it, and by some miracle he did.

"Just. Be responsible Maia. However you want to take that, but, be responsible." He said before quickly looking away.

"Okay. And that's my cue to leave." I turned to the door quickly stopping in my tracks, "Um, I think I'm going over to Harry's tonight actually. I'll be home late. Okay,...bye. Love you!" I quickly made my way out before he could say anything else.

It didn't matter anyway, I was a grown ass woman. He would just have to deal with it.

"He kissed you?!" Megan yelled at me through the phone and I laughed.

"Yeah. It was...so sweet. I keep replaying it in my head." I smiled big.

"How does one go from having Harry Styles basically despise them to then kiss them?"

"Well he technically never hated me, he just felt the need to keep being an ass after...well being an ass."

We both laughed, I and looked back in the mirror fixing my eyeliner, "So what are you two doing tonight?"

"I don't know. He just told me to come over and be ready to go out." I finished the final touches on my make up and stepped back looking in the mirror. I had chosen a green cowl neck dress, with simple gold necklaces layered. My hair was in big bouncy curls, "Can I FaceTime you really quick? I need the Megan stamp of approval."

She didn't even answer, immediately FaceTiming me. I walked over and set the phone on my dresser walking back a bit so she could see the dress fully.

"Wow! You look incredible M! Green's always been your color. I love it." She smiled and I walked over smiling big at her through the phone.

"Thank you. I'm nervous." I bit my lip and she hid her face in her hands.

"Maia,...are you going to sleep with him?" She said this lowly and my eyes widened quickly picking up my phone.

"Meg, stop."

"What? It's a possibility I want you to be prepared for!" She said, and I shook my head.

"Megan, he only kissed me because we teased each other about it. I don't think he would head in that direction unless I opened that door first. And I don't know if I want that. He's leaving in two weeks....I don't want to get attached in that way." I bit my lip, sitting on my bed.

"Yeah....I guess you're right about that. His residency really just flew by didn't it?"

"I guess that's what happens when you waste time disliking someone." I shrugged and took a deep breath, "Anyways, I really should go. But don't forget, tomorrow, he's having everyone over again. So, I'll meet you at his place."

"Look at me, invited twice to Harry Styles home. Who would of thought?!" She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Love you Meg, I'll talk to you later."

"Love you! Bye, M."

I headed out down the hall and my dad was sitting at the couch. He looked up at me, and smiled a bit.

"You look nice Maia."

I smiled and licked my lip, "Thanks dad." I looked down as my phone went off, with a text from Harry.

H: are you ready?

M: yeah i was going to head over right now.

H: why? when i'm already downstairs waiting. ;)

I bit back a smile and peeked up at my dad, "Um, Harry's here. So imma head out. Don't wait up okay?"

He pressed his lips together in a small smile and nodded, "Okay. Be careful. Love you."

"Love you too dad. Bye." I smiled before turning towards the door, grabbing a jacket from the hall closet just in case.

When I got to the lobby of my building I walked out, Harry was leaning against a black car. He had on a navy denim like suit, with a white muscle tank underneath. His hair was messily arranged on the top of his head, and he looked incredibly handsome.

I smiled at him as I walked over, and he closed the distance between us.

"Hi beautiful." he said, tucking a loose curl behind my ear.

"Hi Haz." I blushed slightly, and he leaned down and gave me a soft kiss.

"Perfect landing." He whispered and I chuckled.

"A real world star." I whispered back.

He licked his lip as he smiled, pulling away from me to open the door for me, "Shall we?"

"I don't even know where we are going?" I said shaking my head.

"That's the fun of it Maia, you said yourself, you like surprises. Well I like adventures and they go hand in hand."

I laughed and nodded, "Touché."

I took his hand as he helped me in the car and walked around, jumping in the driver seat.

"Driving in New York huh? You really do like adventure." I giggled a bit and he laughed.

"A chance to yell and be angry at strangers for no reason? I'll take it." He said honking his horn obnoxiously and I couldn't help but cracking up, reaching over and smacking his arm.

"Stop! You can get a ticket for that." I laughed and he shrugged.

"I'm not from here officer, I had no idea." He said holding his hands up innocently.

"Hurry up and drive before I regret getting in this car."

He looked at me, "So bossy." He chuckled turning on the car and starting to drive. He drove through the city until we pulled up to a lit area in Central Park. A man walked up to Harry's door opening it.

"Mister Styles," he said as Harry got out and quickly walked over to my side, helping me out.

"What are we doing at Central Park this late?" I tilted my head at him and he shrugged.

"Patience Maia Drew."

"Only child, patience is not my virtue." I shrugged.

He chuckled, shaking his head and taking my hand, linking our fingers together, "Come on spoiled brat."

I stuck my tongue out squeezing his hand softly as we walked down deeper into the park. We finally made our way through to an open space, a mini ice rink sat on the grass.

"An ice rink in September?" I said, stopping in my tracks. I raised my eyebrow, turning to face him.

"An ice rink, in September, in the exact place where Sara and Johnathan are reunited in Serendipity." He said and I felt the smile spread on my face, in a way I couldn't contain it. My cheeks burning from how big I was smiling and from how hard I was blushing.

"Harry Styles, you had an ice rink put in?" I half laughed.

"They wouldn't let me bring the actual thing early, so I had to improvise with a smaller version."

"Harry, you've known me two weeks, what's it like knowing you three?" I teased and he laughed.

"Magic." He whispered close to my face before kissing my nose, "Hope you can ice skate Maia."

I giggled as he lead me towards the rink. Just outside was a small table set up for two with hot chocolate and sweet bread. Two pairs of socks and ice skates were leaned up against the gate of the rink. As I looked around I noticed security around us. The first time I had ever really noticed Harry having any around. We walked over and I sat on a chair, Harry handing me the ice skates and socks.

"I had to guess your size, so I hope they fit." He smiled.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." I smiled, and it was. I slipped them on, lacing them up and we made our way out to the rink. I hadn't been on an ice rink in a while, and I felt myself wobble slightly, laughing as Harry skated pass me smoothly.

"Show off." I called out, slowly beginning to get the hang of it again. Once I felt comfortable, I sped up to catch up to Harry, skating a small circle around him.

"Look who's showing off now?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed.

We skated around for a good while, not really in conversation, just being playful with each other. Any chance he got to wrap his arms around me he would take it, and I didn't mind. I soon found myself finding any excuse to do the same.

At one point, Harry attempted to skate backwards, falling on his butt. I cracked up making my way over to him, holding out my hand, "You okay there?"

He stood up and nodded, trying to play it off, "Perfectly fine."

I chuckled a bit hugging him, resting my cheek on his chest, "Thank you for this Harry. It's really sweet."

I pulled away, peeking up at him, and he lowered his face to mine, kissing me softly, "Mhm. Come on, let's take a break."

I nodded and we broke apart, skating towards the exit and back out. I sat down taking off my skates and slipping my shoes back on. Harry kept his on and took a bite out of a croissant.

"So do you want to do photography forever?" He asked, wiping his mouth.

"I do, I just don't know if I want to stay at MSG forever. It's just hard, cause my dad. I would love to travel and do photography. Like of movie sets, or travel with an artist permanently. I have the experience, and I think I'm pretty good. Just, all in it's time I guess." I bit my lip.

"You can't wait around forever you know?" He said and I nodded, taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

"I know. It's just...I don't know how to leave my dad. Probably why I should stop missing my therapy appointments, but.." I shrugged.

Harry nodded, "Leaving my mom and sister was the hardest thing for me, but it ended up being the most beneficial thing. I got to do what I wanted."

"I know. I just can't help but worry about my dad. I feel like if he got out there, and started dating, and making other friends other than just Vance, I would feel more at peace. He doesn't though, he just drowns himself in work. I feel like if I leave, he'll just do that more."

"Or maybe, he'll realize he has to keep busy other ways? Maybe he drowns himself in work because he thinks he has to just concentrate on doing things right for you."

I opened my mouth to speak and shut it almost immediately. I had never really thought of that. I had never really acknowledged the idea, that maybe, just maybe, my dad was trying to give me more than I needed to compensate for my mom not being around.

"I didn't even think of that." I bit my lip, resting my cheek on the palm of my hand.

"I'm just saying, sometimes, you gotta just push past what you think is right. And do what feels right." He smiled small and I nodded.

"Thanks Harry." I smiled and he nodded.

"Anytime."

We hung around the park for another hour. We talked about his LA residency and how excited he was to be touring in Latin America. He talked about his devastation of not having been there in so long after COVID. I gave him some places to try in Mexico that I heard were good and he promised to send me candy from every place he went to.

When we finally made it back to his car, he peeked over at me before beginning to drive, "Come over?" He said softly, and I swallowed softly. I felt nerves fill my body, and I nodded.

"Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 120K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
37.6K 915 21
Make sure to read the first two books before this one! Maggie & Harry have been through every rollercoaster possible together in a span of seven mont...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

151K 3.5K 50
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...