More Teeth, More Fire

By saraviteaux

*****FANFICTION WORK, written under fair use ***** Dany Targaryen, renowned in her field, knows predators. Sh... More

Cast of Characters
Chapter I
Chapter II
Update ~ Chapter III Coming Soon!
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Author's Note
Ch. V
Author's Note, Update and Thanks
Ch. VI
Update ~ More to come!
Ch. VII
Ch. VIII
Ch. IX
Final Thanks

Ch. X

616 23 8
By saraviteaux

A couple weeks went by and a meeting had been arranged for Mr. Masrani to come see the dragons. He'd heard about it and thought they were another genetic disaster by the hand of Dr. Wu, but that wasn't the case. Unfortunately, Hoskins, the head one InGen, had also caught wind of it. He fully expected it to be a failure and would swoop in to try to get the dragons in his department. What better than a fire breathing weapon? Let alone three of them?

The herbivore field had been cleared out to ensure the safety of the animals, and almost every keeper and employee of Jurassic World wanted to come see what they were sure was to be a disaster when Masrani saw the dragons.

Dany stood with Owen and Mel off to the side, watching as a helicopter landed and Simon Masrani got out of, followed by Claire.

"Mr. Grady," Simon said, shaking his hand. "How're things? I hear there's been a bit of excitement."

"Well, some disagreements," Owen said. "Claire seems to think the dragons can only be managed by Jurassic World and not by the woman that raised them."

"I only think it would be in their best interest to be in a secure environment, plus it would bring a lot of money in. Dinosaurs we knew existed, dragons have only been in legend."

"Well, let's not draw conclusions until we see how Dr. Targaryen handles them. At the end of the day if they're attached to her, why would we take them from her?"

A bellowing shriek echoed across the grasslands. A couple wayward Parasaurolophus raised their heads in alarm. Staff members and people looked up, searching for the source.

All three dragons soared overhead, shrill calls reverberating across the sky and hills. They circled, finding places to land. Dany had braided her hair, wearing cargo shorts and black tank top as she looked up to see her babies overhead, a grin on her face. It seemed like not long ago, they were near babies in her arms and now, still not fully grown, they were still impressive.

All three landed, Drogon stepping forward first. Masrani's eyes went wide and Hoskin's jaw went slack. Whispers could be heard and comments of disbelief. Off to the far left away from the crowd was a giant wood and straw dinosaur, what type remaining ambiguous but it was nearly the size of a Brachiosaurus. The dragons had landed and Dany moved toward them, murmuring to them and steadying them when Owen stepped forward.

"I'm Owen Grady, many of you probably know me, I work with the raptor squad. Now, I've trained those four from the time they hatched. I imprinted on them, trained them, developed a relationship and established my leadership. But those are creatures I know." He explained. "I never thought in a million years dragons would exist, nor would I know what it's like to have them be such a huge part of my familial history, to have a kindred bond with them that traces back centuries. Daenerys Targaryen slept on a lawn chair in front of a fire pit the night they hatched, and she believed in those eggs that were given to her when no one else did; and she made me believe in them too. These aren't our dinosaurs, these creatures never technically existed, so we thought, but there is not a single legend told that doesn't portray a dragon in some way. These dragons have been in Dany's family history forever, and they actually existed for them. Kingdoms built and conquered from the backs of dragons, forging thrones of a thousand of the swords of their fallen enemies. Daenerys has shown even me a dedication and a kinship I could only hope to see a fraction with another creature."

He took a step back, motioning to Dany and each dragon. "I give you Viserion, Rhaegal, and Drogon, who we affectionately call 'The Winged Shadow'."

He stepped to the side to let Dany do her thing, and Dany moved from the side.

"Rhaegal, Viserion, Drogon." Daenerys said, and all three heads snapped around. She took a series of steps back. "Māziz."

In lumbering, undignified movements, yet somehow still majestic, all three dragons took a series of steps toward her, red and both gold sets of eyes fixed on her.

"Keligon." She said, holding out a palm and halted her own steps. All three dragons stopped in their tracks, watching her.

Owen looked at Zara. "Can you see Masrani?"

"Yup. He looks gobsmacked." Zara responded.

"And Claire?"

"Not happy."

"Sōvēs." Dany said, and with about three sets of beating wings, it was almost deafening but all three dragons took to the air, shrieking and careening over the crowd, prompting a couple of people to cry out in alarm and duck.

"Keep them on you, Dany," Owen murmured under his breath.

The dragons sort of hovered high in the air, and Dany turned to look at the structure that was made solely for the presentation. As though through some kind of telepathic pull, the dragons seemed to see exactly where she was looking. Dany turned her body toward it, a couple yards away from it and where it was well away from the crowd that was watching.

"Dracarys."

Streams of dragon fire hit the wood and straw target with almost explosive impact. Drogon had one side while the other two bathed it in their own as they flew, never once missing the target.

The structure was left to nothing but smoldering straw and ash. The dragons all landed, with Drogon landing behind Daenerys. For what could have been a photographic moment, it was as though dragon and human were one, as though Daenerys had dragon wings herself before the black and crimson dragon took a couple steps forward, standing at her side and snaked his head around to her. Dany laid a hand on his muzzle, stroking softly as her heart pounded in her chest.

"What you've just witnessed is what people hundreds of years ago saw, what forged and conquered kingdoms. This is in her blood, not in the same way as following a career in a family member's footsteps but these dragons are a part of her. Her heart beats with theirs, her children. The eggs were once in my possession and I sold them knowing they would be gifted to her.

Mel looked to both Claire and Dr. Wu, her expression stonier. "You can try to take them all you'd like but you'll never truly own them. A dragon is not a slave, they are not weapons. They are not the same as the dinosaurs that inhabit Jurassic World. Their history goes beyond that, with no other than a Targaryen and their place in this new world is with a Targaryen."

Mel looked to Dany. "She is Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyria. First of Her Name, Breaker of Chains, the Unburnt, and the Mother of Dragons."

There was deafening silence at first, only the soft trilling and rumbling of the dragons could be heard before a slow clapping began by one or two people before erupting into applause with hooting and hollering.

Soon, people wanted to come up and see the dragons. Thankfully Barry did what he could to run crowd control, not letting anyone touch or get too close to the temperamental predators, but thankfully most of the people were animal keepers who knew better themselves. Simon Masrani, Vic Hoskins and Dr. Wu approached both Dany and Owen who had been talking to Mel at that moment, and Dany had no idea what the outcome of today was going to be.

"Dr. Targaryen," Masrani said, but he approached with a smile, his demeanor warm, friendly. "What you showed today was precisely what John Hammond strived for between humans and these animals, and these beautiful creatures... as a kid I always wanted a dragon. They were only in legends but you, you've achieved something absolutely unheard of."

Dany was beyond touched, laying a hand on her chest as she shook Masrani's extended hand with her other. "Thank you, it's an honor. I'd hoped to meet you since I started, and recently I'd hoped to talk to you when it came to my dragons."

"Absolutely, I'm sorry I couldn't be available sooner, my schedule has been rather hectic as of late." Masrani said with a nod.

"She wants to let the dragons roam free, Mr. Masrani," Claire interjected. "I've spoken with Dr. Wu and even Mr. Hoskins has strongly advised against it. Frankly I don't think Dr. Targaryen is equipped with the means to keep the dragons safely."

"The amount of damage those things could do would be astronomical. As far as liability is concerned, they're just as dangerous as the Indominus." Hoskins said. "You see how easily they annihilated the wood dinosaur? That could be your guests."

"You haven't spent more than ten minutes around the Indominus," Owen responded with a frown, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I feel as though we didn't see the same thing." Simon said. "This young woman had complete control over three massive creatures. It's clear she's developed a bond with them."

"Mr. Masrani—" Claire protested, but Simon held up a hand.

"What would you like to see done? How would you contain them?"

"Well, a heat resistant globe would probably suffice. Have each chained to keep them from causing damage, and for their own safety." Vic suggested when Claire looked at him for backup.

"Absolutely not." Daenerys all but spat.

"There is not a single other animal on this island that is in chains, not even the hybrid." Masrani said, shaking his head. "I won't hear any more of it. We'll build housing large enough for the three of them near the Raptor Paddock, and Dr. Targaryen, if you can assure to me they won't be a danger to our guests, I see nothing wrong with giving them free roam."

"They won't go far from her, them leaving the island won't be an issue," Mel said, nodding.

"Perfect. Her insurance will have to cover any damages done to the housing, but with her work here, their board and feeding will be a part of the deal. However, I did have a request." Masrani added, and Dany tensed.

"What you displayed out there? That's something that kids could only dream about. We have dinosaurs, but nobody has ever seen a dragon. What better to see something they've only ever read about from the Mother of Dragons herself? We can negotiate a couple demonstrations at your disposal, if you feel it's not in their best interest that day you are at liberty to make decisions when it comes to their well-being. The dragons are yours entirely, I think it would be a great thing to let people see them and your relationship with them." Masrani said.

"In all due respect, Mr. Masrani, I'm not sure how I feel about being featured as part of the attraction," Dany admitted.

"No no no that's not what I mean at all," Simon explained. "What I want is for people to see what can be possible, to see the bond between a person and these creatures people fear, much like what Mr. Grady does with the raptors. It bridges the gap between man and beast."

Dany nodded slowly, mulling over Simon's offer. "I'll definitely consider it, I can't really give an answer right now, as generous as your offer is."

"Take all the time you need," He said, nodding as he dug a card out of his wallet. "Here is my personal mobile number, as soon as you make a decision, you can reach me directly without having to go through multiple people. If there's anything I can do to better the well-being of your dragons, let me know. No matter what, they won't be taken from you. They were given to you from the start and they're yours."

Dany thanked him sincerely, unable to believe how everything had panned out. Vic muttered under his breath, and Claire scowled, shooting her a look from hell. But when they walked away, Dany turned and in a moment of excitement, sprang into Owen's arms and he picked her up, lifting her into the air with his arms around her waist and her legs wrapped around his, her arms wrapped around his neck and shoulders.

"I told you it would work. I told you we'd figure something out!" He said.

*

Mel was leaving. She'd done her part, and had been a huge support to Dany in helping her discover her own identity. She and Owen had gone to the port to see Mel off, and Dany hugged the older woman tightly.

"I don't think there's a single way I could repay you for everything you've done," Dany said, and Mel gently cupped her face in her hands.

"You can," She said. "Be the woman I know you can be. Look after those dragons and don't ever forget where you come from. You have a fire burning within you not a single person on this island can put out, and you've shown that."

They said their goodbyes and Mel was soon boarding the port. Dany swallowed the lump that rose in her throat, only to feel Owen's arms around her shoulders from behind her.

"She'll be back." He told her, kissing the crown of her head before his eyes lifted to the skies over the ocean. "Dany, get a look at that."

As Mel waved to them from the ship's railing just as it departed, a shriek rang overhead. Drogon flew above the ship, with Viserion and Rhaegal on either side, Viserion dropping his hind legs to skim over the water's surface. They followed the ship until it just started to disappear before rounding back to return, to their mother, and their home.

Now Dany was seeing it as her home too. Feeling for the first time in her life like she belonged.

+++
FIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 10K 62
Anya Masrani. Is any other description needed? No, but I'll give you one anyway. Despite being the daughter of one of the richest men in the world...
3.3K 137 10
22 years... 22 years since the fall of the ill-fated Jurassic Park. Now Jurassic World has come into the light and set out to achieve the goals the f...
330K 6.6K 32
"Asset 2067..." "Rebecca" Owen interrupted "Rebecca" Clair said sternly " is our most dangerous attraction here, so she needs to be tested" "Tested...
9.2K 495 15
Game of thrones x Jurassic island crossover Welcome prince Rhaegar to Jurassic Island... of course we can be discreet. Won't say a word. You are saf...