My Protector (Lloyd X Reader)

By PhoenixBTS

Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago using four elemental weapons. But whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Author's note

Chapter 37

694 22 1
By PhoenixBTS

I'm back :)

"Hmmm, hands up, Lord Garmadon! All four of them!" The Night Watchman says as he lifts up the animatronic's four arms. "Oh, that's right. Ninjago won't be seeing the likes of you anymore. Good riddance. Hyah!"

Amid his playing around, the watchman doesn't notice the shadowy figure walk past him.

"I say we join forces, take that hunky Night Watchman out," He imitates Chen. "Chen! Ah. No surprise you'd betray me," He voices Garmadon.

The shadowy figure walks by again, causing the Night Watchman to gasp out in shock. "Who's there? The museum's closed. I know Spinjitzu!"

His flashlight turns off.

"Huh? That is odd," He says as he fixes the flashlight.

The light flashes at an animatronic and scares the life out of him as he screams. "Phew. I'm legally required to share I've unlocked my full potential."

Laughter echoes through the museum and the Lloyd animatronic malfunctions.

"I am the Ultimate Spi-Spinjitzu Master-er. I am the Ul-Ultimate Spi-Spi-Spinjitzu Master."

"That's it. I'm calling it in. Let's see who's laughing. Huh?" He asks rhetorically.

Within the next few moments, he lets out a loud scream.

In the morning, at the Endless Sea, the ninja flew together on their dragons to look for a mutant Fangfish.

Kai and Lloyd laugh, having gotten into a playful mode earlier on.

"Getting ahead of yourself, Kai?" Lloyd asks. "Heh. I'm leading this charge."

Kai yells when he is splashed with water.

Jay laughs. "That's one way to cool off a hothead."

"Hey, no one messes up my hair!" Kai says and splashes water.

Zane spits and coughs up the water.

Cole laughs. "You okay there, Zane?"

"Affirmative. It'll take more than a little water to take me out," Zane replies.

"Then we're in luck, a big fish is right on our tail," Y/n points out.

"Oh, no."

The fish launches out of the water and the dragons barely miss its mouth.

"There he blows," Cole says.

"Based on its weight and size, this is the mutant Fangfish terrorizing the coastal village and depleting their food source," Pixal informs.

"Pixal says this is the one," Zane says.

"And now that he's taken the bait, let's reel him in and get him to the aquarium," Lloyd instructs.

"Let me guess, Kai. You caught one that big once?" Jay asks sarcastically.

"Heck no. He was twice the size," Kai brags before the fish lunges at him. "Whoa!"

"He's almost as hungry as you, Cole."

"And twice as ugly as you, Jay," Cole shoots back, leading everyone but Lloyd and Jay to laugh.

"It's time for the catch of the day. In line formation!"

"It's right behind us," Cole points out after the dragons got into their single-file formation.

"Now!"

The dragons split off in two directions. The Fangfish launched out of the water and landed in the fisherman's boat.

"Now that's what I call hook, line, and stinker," Jay laughs while the ninja cheer.

The group returned to the docks.

'Looks like we made this place safe to fish again. If your father was still here, he'd tell you he's proud," Kai says. "You've become a great leader, Lloyd."

"No, we're a great team," Lloyd corrects. "Can't say I don't miss him."

"It's working!" Cole cheers.

A claw grabbed the Fangfish and placed it into a tank, splashing water on everyone as the ninja screamed.

"My hair just dried, for fuck's sake," Y/n groans.

"With my dad gone, sometimes I question where I'm going. Sometimes I worry about who I might become."

"I know how that feels. After I lost my dad, I lost my way. But I was lucky to have my sisters watch over me. Don't worry, big shot," Kai gives Lloyd a playful noogie. "I'll watch over you from now on."

"Hey, no one messes up my hair," Lloyd laughs and mocks Kai.

"Hey, you two gonna get in the picture?" Jay asks. "No one's gonna believe this. Getting a picture. This is awesome!"

"Back. Back just a little further. Just a little further," Zane says.

"Zane, I think..."

Y/n's warning is too late. The photographer snaps their picture before he falls into the ocean while screaming.

Thankfully, the photographer didn't seem upset. "Hehe, you guys."

"Oh, great! Who's gonna believe us now?" Jay whines.

The Fangfish splashed water once more, making the ninja cry out in outrage.

"Hmm," Sensei Wu hums. "'Steep Wisdom.' Not a bad name for a tea shop," He chuckles.

"I thought saving Ninjago was difficult. Try starting a small business!" Nya complains.

"Wu can't be a Sensei forever. It's about time we all help out with his retirement," Misako says. "Speaking of which, Nya?"

"Oh, here, let me give you a hand with that," Nya says, reaching for the bucket in Wu's hand.

Wu juggles the bucket into his other hand. "I am old, not weak."

"You look after ninja, I look after you," Misako replies.

"Well, Steep Wisdom is starting to look like a real tea house, except for one thing: customers," Nya comments.

"Good things come to those who wait," Wu says.

Just in time, the ninja landed outside with their dragons.

"I'm just saying, it was big but, I've seen bigger," Kai states.

"As big as your ego?" Jay asks.

"Right," Zane replies sarcastically.

"Oh, who am I kidding? I'm tired of waiting. I'll put the ninja to work," Wu says as he picks up a box. "Ninja, you need to find customers."

"No 'hello, how's it going, glad to hear you saved the day...' again?" Jay asks.

"Yeah, Sensei. We're all a bit tired. You mind if we handle this tomorrow?" Cole asks.

"We all have a share if this business succeeds. How else do you expect me to be able to afford all your new uniforms?" Wu asks, opening the box that he was holding. "Which reminds me, your new ones arrived."

"What do they look like now?" Kai asks.

"New suits?" Zane asks.

"Sweet!" Jay cheers.

"I bet they're off the hook," Cole anticipates.

"Huh?" The ninja asks, holding shirts with the Steep Wisdom logo printed on them.

"Those do not appear to be ninja uniforms. They resemble work attire," Zane points out.

"Very observant, Zane," Wu says. "We must focus on furthering brand awareness. And here are the fliers I want each of you to pass out in the city."

"Ugh, If I have to pass all these out, I may be the one passed out!" Jay exaggerates.

The phone starts ringing, interrupting their conversation.

"Oh, that could be our first order! Shh!" Misako says as she picks up the phone. "Steep Wisdom, how may we serve you?"

"Aren't we going to look kind of dorky flying up on our Power Dragons with these things on?" Kai asks.

"Yes, I see; and you need them right away?" Misako asks, getting Y/n's attention.

"You won't be flying on anything. We're selling tea, not magic," Wu says. "Besides, you all have been relying a little too heavily on your Elemental Powers lately. Real powers come from the inside."

"It would be our honor, Sensei," Lloyd says.

"Thank you. I'll let them know right away," Misako says before she hangs up.

"Is it a big order?" Nya asks.

"It's the police. They've asked for Lloyd and Y/n. There's been a break-in at the museum."

Everyone except the two elders let out a gasp.

"Go on, I'll take your share," Cole says.

Kai takes Y/n's flyers. "I'll cover you."

"Thanks, I owe you one," Lloyd says.

"Thanks. We'll be quick," Y/n says.

"Aren't you going to kiss your mother goodbye?" Misako asks.

"Mom, we've...we've talked about this. I'll catch you on the way back," Lloyd says before he rushes off with Y/n while everyone else laughs.

"Remember, no powers," Wu says.

Timeskip

"Well, lookie here. The Green and Purple Ninja! Feel safer already," Noonan the policeman says.

"We got your call there was a break-in?" Lloyd asks.

"The Night Watchman over there had quite the scare. Doesn't remember a thing," O'Doyle, the second policeman, says.

"Hasn't been too helpful. Uh, maybe you'll have better luck," Noonan says.

"Thanks," Y/n says before she and Lloyd approached the watchman.

"Did you make the call for them?" O'Doyle asks.

"No, I didn't. Did you?"

"Heck, no. I wonder who did?"

"So you were on guard when it happened?" Lloyd asks the panting Night Watchman.

"Can you perhaps show us what was stolen?" Y/n asks.

"We're, we're here to help you," Lloyd says.

The watchman suddenly grabs them by the wrist and drags them off.

"Hey, the bathroom's the other way!" O'Doyle points out.

The two ninjas were dragged to another room further away from the two policemen. The Night Watchman shuts the doors.

"I was knocked out. When I came to, I found the only thing stolen was that wasn't even on display. Just a worthless old armor brass plate they call 'The Allied Armor of Azure,'" The watchman says.

"Why would a thief leave these priceless relics and, and take just that?" Lloyd asks.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's because when you're in trouble, they say it's got the power to summon allies, whether they be friends, foes, even spirits from the Cursed Realm," He replies, quietly grabbing a sledgehammer.

"The Cursed Realm? My father's there—" Y/n pulls Lloyd back, the both of them barely dodging the watchman's attack. "The Allied Armor. You stole it?"

"So Wu chose you to be the beloved Green Ninja? Silly old man," The man insults.

"How do you know our sensei?" Y/n asks.

"And if you've got a bone to pick with me, maybe we can discuss things without weapons?" Lloyd rhetorically asks.

The watchman attacks again. The two ninja dodge and a stack of boxes nearby get hit instead. The boxes topple over and pin the watchman down.

"Hey! I don't want to hurt you," Lloyd says.

A ghostly figure floats out of the watchman and possesses a portrait of Chen.

"What's going on?" The night watchman asks. "Someone was in my head."

Y/n quickly grabs the portrait and smashes it against a statue of the Hypnobrai. The figure possesses the Hypnobrai statue.

"Your powers are useless. You think you can hurt a ghost? I can possess anything!"

The statue grabs both ninjas and wraps them up with the statue's tail before possessing a pile of sand, revealing his face and figure.

"When he was in my head, I saw his thoughts. The world. The world will be cursed!" The night watchman cries out.

"You're a ghost from the Cursed Realm? But how did you escape?" Lloyd asks.

"When your father opened a door, he should've been more careful what came out," The ghost says before plunging at Lloyd.

"Hurry, the Allied Armor! Give it to me!" Lloyd rushes.

The watchman hands it over but the ghost grabs it and throws both ninjas to the ground.

"You can't have the Armor!"

"The Armor's nice, but it's not the only thing I want to possess," The ghost says.

"What else do you want?"

"You!"

"So, if you could choose to be any ninja, who would you be?" Noonan asks, the two oblivious policemen engaging in conversation.

"Oh, that's easy. Kai. He's the main one, right?" O'Doyle asks.

"No, that's Lloyd and Y/n. Kai's the—"

Lloyd screams and wind blows, knocking down the police.

"That wind didn't come from outside, it came from inside!"

The two policemen scream and run away.

"Uh, Steep Wisdom. Enlightenment in a cup!" Kai says, following Sensei Wu's instructions.

"Steep Wisdom? Never heard of it," The woman throws away the flyer.

"Best little tea shop in Ninjago," Cole says.

"First cup is free, with a flier," Zane says.

"Take... Why won't you take the flier? JUST TAKE THE FLIER!" Jay freaks out and sighs.

Kai groans. "I see no one else is having any luck."

"Oh. It's as if they think I'm passing out a communicable disease. I mean, sure, I have a cold sore, but it's hardly contagious," Jay groans.

Cole lets out a yell as the three of them take a few steps back.

"What? What?"

"Maybe if we use our powers, we can get this over with," Cole says.

"But Sensei gave us strict instructions not to use our Elemental Powers," Zane says.

"Well, Sensei's not here, and what he doesn't know won't hurt him. I'm in," Kai says. "Is everyone else?"

"Yes!"

"Yeah!"

"Hey, young man. Watch it!" A driver says.

Cole remains unaffected and lifts up his car.

"Oh, no. Oh, no. Put, put, put me down! Put me down, I say!"

"Feeling tired? Out of strength?" Cole asks as the crowd cheers. "Yeah! Then get a pick-me-up at Steep Wisdom!"

"Care to pass the torch?" Kai asks.

"Sure, let's see what you've got there, Mr. Teapot," The fire breather says.

"If this isn't your cup of tea, how about this?" Kai asks, blowing fire on the road to form a teapot shape. garnering gasps from the crowd. "Steep Wisdom. The hot new place!"

"Ha! You think that's a crowd? Check this!" Jay says, using his electricity to change all the billboards to the Steep Wisdom logo as the crowd cheers again. "I know, it's shocking, right?"

"If we're going to use our powers, you may as well do it right!" Zane says.

He summons his dragon and makes an ice sculpture of a teapot.

The wind blows and the flyers are swept away. Kai's fire is extinguished and the billboards change back to their original state. Kai tries again, but his powers fail.

"You're such an amateur," The fire breather comments.

"My powers. They're not working."

"Mine either."

"What do you mean?" Cole asks. "My powers are — Uh oh."

The car falls on Cole and he groans as the crowd laughs.

"Ow, ouch. Someone give me a hand."

Kai and Jay lift up the car and help him out.

"If our powers are gone, that means..."

Zane's dragon disappears midair and he screams as he falls.

"He's kind of fast," Kai comments.

Zane falls, smashing a hole in the ground.

"Whoa. I think he just broke the sound barrier."

Zane groans. "I told you we shouldn't use our powers."

"What powers? Where did they go?" Jay asks. "We have to see Wu."

At Steep Wisdom, Misako scoops up tea leaves into a bag before handing it to her customer. "I added a little something extra."

"Sensei!" Zane interrupts.

"It's an emergency!" Jay yells.

"We need you!" Kai yells.

"It's important!" Cole adds.

"Boys, not so loud. Can't you see we have our first customer?" Misako asks.

"Wow, the real ninja! Oh, can you shock me?" The daughter of the customer asks.

"Uh...not now, kid. Maybe later, okay?" Jay asks before whispering to Misako. "Where's Wu?"

"Sensei!" Kai calls.

"Yes?" Wu asks.

"We were getting the word out..."

"...and there was this wind..."

"...and our powers disappeared."

"You were using your powers?" The enraged Sensei asks.

"Yeah, I know. We're terrible students, but what happened to our powers?!" Jay freaks out.

The wind blows.

"If your powers are gone, then something must have happened to..."

"It's Lloyd!" The young girl cheers.

"I know that wind...That's not Lloyd," Wu says.

"Step aside," 'Lloyd' says.

"Lloyd! What's wrong with you?" Jay asks.

"I want a word with your master."

"Whoa, Lloyd's gone through puberty."

"What's gotten into him?" Cole asks.

"And where's Y/n?" Kai asks. "She left with him. Where is she?"

"I sense some kind of foreign entity has taken over his body," Zane says. "So the question isn't what, but who's gotten into him? As for Y/n, she's probably trying to find her way back, or maybe she got injured trying to stop Lloyd."

"Whoever you are, whatever beef you had with Sensei, you have with us. Give us back our friend!"

'Lloyd' cracks his neck and laughs.

"How are we supposed to fight a friend?" Cole asks.

"Let me show you!"

Lloyd's hair turns black and his skin turns a sick green. Wind blows, picking up the ninja and throwing them down to the ground again.

"Great, we don't have powers, but he does?" Jay asks.

The ninja charge together but they are easily defeated.

"We may not have powers, but we still know a little thing called Spinjitzu! Ninja, go!"

The wind picks up, disrupting Cole and slamming him into the wall. "Whoa! Ugh."

"So not only does he have powers, but he can control the wind, too?" Jay asks.

"Take the truck! Get them out of here now!" Wu tells Misako. "Nya, we need to leave too."

"But this is our place," Nya replies. "Tell me, Sensei. What's happened to Lloyd and my sister?"

"There's no time."

"Ninja, Go! Aaaahhh! Whoa," Jay yells.

"Our Spinjitzu is worthless against the wind," Kai says.

The foreign entity notices Zane's shurikens. "Shurikens? Cute. Try this on for size!"

He breaks the propellors of a windmill and slams it into the ninja.

Kai groans.

"Get up. Please. Ninja never quit," The young girl says.

Kai gets up, Misako evacuating the mother and daughter from the area. The wind picks up once more and a mini tornado grabs the ninja and throws them around, pushing the tea shop's doors open.

The possessed Lloyd enters the shop.

"Get out!"

"Go stock some shelves before you get hurt," He tells Nya.

"I'll take you on anytime."

"Stay back, Nya. It's me he wants," Wu says.

"Not you. Just your father's staff," The man replies.

"I see you've found the Allied Armor, Morro, yet you haven't summoned your friends," Wu says.

"Your pathetic students haven't given me a reason to."

"Hey, hey, hey! No one calls me pathetic!" Jay says.

Morro slams the doors close.

"You want the staff? Try to take it."

Morro pins Sensei Wu down and the two of them get up, playing tug-of-war with the staff.

"You've gotten old," Morro comments, pinning Sensei to a shelf. "You used to be a great Sensei. Now you're just a petty shopkeeper."

"With age comes wisdom."

Wu flips himself over Morro. The staff rolls on the ground, revealing a hidden secret.

"A secret message engraved on the staff."

"The staff of the First Spinjitzu Master," Morro uses wind to grab the staff, but Nya topples a shelf on him.

"I do more than stock shelves," Nya sasses.

Wu catches his staff. "Yes. Now we leave."

"To the barn!"

"I am not running away from Lloyd!" Kai insists.

"We will not win this fight today," Wu says as three of the ninja follow him and Nya to their vehicle.

"Give me the staff," Morro pushes.

"Oh, is he crazy?" Jay asks, watching Kai prepare to take Morro on by himself.

Morro grabs Kai by the collar. "Foolish ninja. Why would you try to take me on all by yourself?"

"Because I promised to look after Lloyd."

"Where's my brother?" Nya asks.

"He's fighting the Green Ninja," Jay replies.

"Alone," The three ninjas add.

"I know you're in there, Lloyd. Fight him!" Kai encourages, grabbing Morro in a chokehold.

"We gotta do something," Nya says.

"The staff is getting away. Let go of me!" Morro says.

"Only when you let go of Lloyd!"

"Kai..." Lloyd's voice sounds.

"Huh?"

"Help me..."

"Lloyd? Is that you?"

The Bounty's anchor grabs hold of Kai, bringing him away from Lloyd.

"Wait, let me go!"

"A perfect wedge!" Cole says.

"I saw Lloyd! Put me down! Let me go!"

"You won't get away that easy," Morro says, using wind to pull the Bounty back.

"We have to go back," Kai insists.

"Sorry, brother. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Oh, no!"

"Give me your hand!" Kai says before he tosses Nya back to the steering wheel.

"I've got it!" Nya says, pulling a lever as the Bounty flies faster and away from Steep Wisdom.

"NO!"

"Whew, that was close. The coast is clear," Nya says.

"Spill it, Sensei. What just happened back there, and what have they done to my friend?" Jay asks.

"Yeah, Sensei. Who was that?" Cole asks.

Wu sighs. "You four were not my first pupils. There was one before you."

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Morro, the Master of Wind."

"Okay, now those lights scare me. We got something on our six," Nya reports. "Looks like your Master of Wind just caught his second wind."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 175 6
Thousands of years ago, The First Spinjitzu Master created an elemental power, a power that rivaled his own. He gave the element to a human, a decisi...
1.5K 42 8
Back in Ninjago again, our dear friend Trish is brought to the reality that she has a destiny to fulfill and with a new enemy as well. The ninja mus...
7.6K 223 19
Heyo! So this is technically the third book in my Ninja series. (The Mysterious Ninja is the first, Hunt for the Green Ninja is the second) So this w...
7.7K 166 15
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, using the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchu...