The Moon Supreme, Dongfang Qi...

By AuroraLuxi

A human girl goes to the world of dragons, fairies, and demons. Her heart is merged with the villain Dongfang... More

1. Dongfang Qingcang
2. Matian Meilin
3. His True Meaning of Power
5. Merging of the Hearts
6. Qingcang Can't Kill Meilin
7. She Belongs To Qingcang
8. The Wicked Woman
9. Stranded In Her World
10. Battle In A Hotel Room
11. Dongfang Qingcang Intimidates Yichen
13. The Tunnel of Worlds
14. Meilin's Bold Move
15. Qingcang's Ultimate Decision
16. Their Inescapable Fate of Downfall
17. Their Sweet Little Secret
18. Home Sweet Home
19. Struggling Like A Woman
20. Her 'Moon Fairy' Servant
21. Love Between Human and Demon
22. Qingcang Falling For Meilin
23. Make A Wish
24. Moon Supreme's Wish
25. Meilin's Promise to Qingcang
26. Bitter-sweet-ness
27. Gentle Closeness
28. How To Make Her Happy
29. The Genius Strategist
30. Silly Little Human!
31. The Amusement Park... Date?
32. Qingcang's Pain
33. Love Triangle
34. Holding On and Letting Go
35. Meilin's Transformation
36. You May Kiss The Bride
37. The Wedding Night
38. Torn Between Worlds
39. Tormented Heart On Fire
40. Shangque the Black Dragon
41. Lina the Gentle Fairy
42. Her Heart's Dilemma
43. There's More To Him
Goodbye, The Moon Supreme, Dongfang Qingcang
Chapters 1 & 2 - Meilin & Deming
A/N: Do not steal my work

12. Meilin Naively Insults Dongfang

819 38 32
By AuroraLuxi

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

The five-star hotel exuded an air of luxury and elegance with its sprawling marble floors, glimmering chandeliers, and plush velvet furnishings. The restaurant was no exception. The dining room was exquisitely decorated with crystal chandeliers that shimmered and glistened, casting an ethereal glow over the space. Fine linens draped over the tables and added to the lavish ambiance. The plush seating beckoned diners to sink in and relax while enjoying the sumptuous feast. Guests could savor gourmet cuisine while admiring the breathtaking view of the city.

But what truly set this restaurant apart was the outdoor balcony. Guests were treated to a breathtaking view of the cityscape, with floor-to-ceiling windows that showcased the twinkling lights of the metropolis below. The outdoor terrace was the crowning jewel of the establishment, offering diners an enchanting experience under the starry night sky. On clear nights, the view was mesmerizing, with the glittering stars above and the shimmering city lights below.

On this particularly memorable evening, two people who appeared to come from different worlds sat at a private table on the balcony, surrounded by the beauty of the night sky. As they savored each delicious course, they could not help but marvel at the enchanting view before them.

Qingcang sat across from Meilin, savoring the premium-class food with perfect table manners while she gazed out at the stunning city view. He gracefully swallowed his food as he watched her staring at the beautiful night sky. "That woman is weak, so why are you so afraid of her?" he asked, his voice low and intense.

Meilin's eyes darted sideways as she looked down, trying to avoid Qingcang's probing gaze. "I'm not afraid of her," she lied, her voice barely above a whisper.

Qingcang's eyes narrowed as he looked at Meilin, and his tone grew sharper. "Don't lie to me. Tell me the truth," he demanded, his voice tinged with impatience. He was so focused on waiting for her response that he barely even noticed the mouthwatering food in front of him.

Once again, Meilin felt like something was about to force the words out of her mouth. She realized that every time Qingcang demanded the truth, she could not resist telling him in the most brutally direct way possible. 'Oh no! Not again! Why does he have this effect on me?' she thought, feeling vulnerable and exposed. "I'm scared of her because she's the wife of the man who lied to me and broke my heart for her, and tonight is their wedding night," she finally admitted, shocked at her honesty. 'Oh my God, he became my weakness. If he ever finds out that he has power over me like that, he wouldn't stop devouring the truth from me!' she thought fearfully, feeling a sense of dread settle over her.

"Emotions are truly troublesome," Qingcang muttered with a scowl, tilting his head slightly as he looked at Meilin.

Meilin sighed in response as she understood that Qingcang was cold and distant regarding emotions. "You know, if it weren't for my emotions, I wouldn't have developed the mental strength to overcome many life obstacles. My heart has led me to incredible places and experiences," she said, trying to explain to him the importance of emotions.

Qingcang raised an eyebrow, clearly curious but also skeptical. "Your heart?" he asked.

Meilin nodded, grabbing her spoon and looking Qingcang directly in the eyes. "Yes... Oh, you don't know about the heart?" she replied, surprised that someone as powerful as him did not understand human feelings. 'Maybe he's not as emotional as I thought,' she thought as she raised an eyebrow.

"The strong don't need to know about such things," Qingcang replied, his irritation showing through.

Meilin fell silent, realizing it was impossible to explain to someone like Qingcang the value of emotions. She suspected that it might have to do with his kind - perhaps his species did not have any connection to the heart. Despite this, she could not help but speak up. "My heart has driven me to seek adventure and freedom, pursue my passions, and give my life meaning and purpose. If I didn't have a heart, I wouldn't be the same person sitting here talking to you now. My heart has shaped me into who I am today - a well-known strategist and an artist."

"A strategist and an artist..." Qingcang murmured softly, lost in thought. Meilin's words had reminded him of his past before he had become the Moon Supreme. He had always been interested in creativity as a child, but his duty as the Moon Supreme Lord consumed him. Despite his desire to hold this venerable title, a part of him had longed for his passions and adventures, just like she did now. As a child, he had yearned for freedom, and now, sitting across from him, was a female embodiment of his former self - but she was free from the responsibilities of ruling the three realms.

Meilin leaned forward, her eyes excitingly bright as she spoke about her strategic abilities. "Yes, my strategies are top-notch," she exclaimed with a wide grin. "I may not have physical strength, but I am fortunate to have the talent of creating brilliant plans to win every fight, no matter the circumstances."

Qingcang arched an eyebrow, his expression calm. "Then why were you so paralyzed when you saw Yichen?" he asked matter-of-factly.

Meilin's expression faltered for a moment before she quickly recovered, taking a bite from the food on her plate. "I... don't know," she admitted quietly, her eyes downcast.

Dongfang Qingcang leaned forward, his gaze fixed on Meilin. "Tell me the truth," he demanded, his voice firm. The Moon Supreme was known for his powerful presence and commanding authority, but her gaze penetrated his soul as if she knew something he did not. At least, that was the feeling he got from her.

"I truly... don't know," Meilin answered, surprised by her own honesty as she met Qingcang's unwavering gaze. As the tension stretched on, she spoke up again, her voice hesitant. "Oh yes, I have a question for you," she said, breaking the silence. "When you said that you don't need to understand the heart, does it mean that your people have difficulty understanding it?"

Qingcang's gaze remained fixed on Meilin's as he considered her question. He was momentarily distracted from the delicious food in front of him on the table as he reflected on the many things he had overlooked, especially concerning matters of the heart. Memories of his past before he became the Moon Supreme flooded his mind, reminding him of a time when he had been different, being someone who felt all the emotions: joy, love, hatred, sadness, and more. It had been a long time since he had felt these feelings, but ever since he met her, he had been able to experience a small taste of what life used to feel like. It was overwhelming, to say the least.

"Mhm?" Meilin prompted, clearly confused by Qingcang's sudden silence. She could not understand why he seemed lost in thought when she thought she had asked a simple question.

Qingcang snapped back to reality, took a deep breath, and finally responded to Meilin's question, "My people are capable of feeling all emotions." His tone was serious as he continued, "Their experience is similar to humans' emotional responses and moral beliefs, and they experience all seven emotions just as you do."

Meilin's eyes were glued to Qingcang's face as he took a bite of his food. She grabbed her glass of mango juice and took a sip while waiting for him to finish his thought. After a few seconds of silence, she prodded him, "So, are you the only one who doesn't understand the heart?"

Qingcang's eyes softened, and he replied, "That's right."

'Poor thing,' Meilin thought as she looked at Qingcang and could not help but feel sorry for him. 'He has probably spent a lot of time all alone and never had anyone to teach him how to deal with emotions. That's likely why he's so guarded all the time,' she thought as she felt a sense of warmth and compassion for him, like he was a lost puppy needing someone to look after him. 'After all, he saved my life and dignity. The least I can do is return the favor and help him go home.'

Meanwhile, Qingcang was lost in his own thoughts. He gazed at the transparent, golden-speckled ring on his finger, designed to block out all external emotions. However, ever since encountering Meilin, he had been experiencing emotions again, despite wearing the Moon Supreme ring from the start. He pondered, 'Could it be that the ring is damaged, or has something caused it to unblock emotions? I should investigate this once I return home.'

.

.

.

Meilin and Qingcang finished their meal and sat silently, watching the view from the balcony as they sat across from each other. They felt like time had stopped as they gazed at the gloaming atmosphere. They were mesmerized by the stars' beauty and the moment's peacefulness, taking in the view from every angle. The sky was filled with a rich and deepening shade of blue as the sun slowly set. The stars above twinkled brighter and brighter, surrounded only by the beauty of the night sky, and the city lights in the distance flickered like fireflies.

Meilin was utterly captivated by the beauty of the stars, and a sense of closeness enveloped her. 'This looks like a date... The irony,' she thought to herself. She was content and a little nervous as she mustered the courage to ask Qingcang a question. "Can I ask you a question?" she queried.

Qingcang, still gazing at the sky, replied, "Go ahead."

Meilin's curiosity got the better of her, and she asked, "You're not human... but you look incredibly handsome. What are you?"

Dongfang Qingcang lowered his gaze to Meilin, and his eyes turned malicious. He lifted his eyes to meet hers, tilted his head, and leaned it against his hand, wearing a sly smirk. "Take a guess," he said with a menacing tone, still wearing a cunning grin.

Meilin almost rolled her eyes again because of Qingcang's dramatic tone but pushed it aside. "Well... you can't be an angel," she began.

"Correct, I'm not," Qingcang replied, still holding Meilin's gaze in a captivating stare.

Meilin spoke with a certain confidence. "And you can't be a demon," she said, her tone calm.

Qingcang raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Meilin's statement. "Why not?" he asked, curious to hear her reasoning.

Meilin took a deep breath, feeling disgusted as she contemplated demons. "Because demons are ugly and nasty creatures," she stated firmly, her words coming out with a hint of disdain. His eyes widened in surprise as he listened to her description. "They only reside in dark, foul-smelling places and never clean themselves," she continued, her disgust evident in her voice. "Their teeth are rotten, and they're bald with sharp fangs and claws." Dongfang Qingcang was stunned by her vivid description of demons.

"Is... that... so?" Qingcang slowly enunciated each word through gritted teeth, trying to control his urge to kill Meilin with his Hellfire. Her comments had stirred up rage inside him, and he struggled to keep himself in check.

"Yes..." Meilin replied innocently, unaware of the effect her words had on Qingcang. "Someone as good-looking as you can't be a demon," she added with a smile, her words carrying a hint of flattery.

"Should I be thanking you?" Qingcang asked sarcastically, burying his face in his hand. He was filled with annoyance, and the thought of being stuck with Meilin only added to his irritation. 'If my life wasn't bound to hers, and I wasn't stuck here, I would have killed her a long time ago,' he thought, enraged.

"Don't mention it!" Meilin declared confidently, seemingly oblivious to the atmosphere Qingcang had created with his fierce eyes. "So, that only leaves one possibility," she continued, her voice full of conviction. "And I'm certain that you are one of them, given your grace, moral character, and good looks."

Qingcang glared at Meilin, his resentment increasing with each passing moment. "What?" he asked briefly, his impatience evident in his voice.

"Dongfang Qingcang, I am honored to meet a fairy," Meilin exclaimed happily, her voice ringing with excitement.

Qingcang's reaction was immediate. His eyes narrowed and twitched with bitterness, and his body stiffened as he struggled to control his anger. "F-fairy?" he stammered, his voice laced with contempt. He was taken aback by Meilin's words and was livid that she dared to say the worst insult possible by calling him a fairy. Not only did she insult his kind, but she also called him a species that he absolutely despised and also suggested that fairies have moral character. On top of that, she found it an honor to meet a fairy. He clenched his jaw and ground his teeth, and he was so close to annihilating her once and for all.

Meilin, unaware of Qingcang's distaste for fairies, continued to speak. "Yes! That explains the beautiful sparkles in your wings when you first appeared in my room, aside from all your other wonderful qualities," she naively gushed, only further inciting his fury with her compliments about his supposed fairy traits.

Qingcang's jaw clenched, and he ground his teeth together, fighting the urge to lash out at Meilin. He was beyond irritated at this point and struggled to maintain his composure. The thought of being called a fairy was the ultimate insult to him, and her absurd compliments only added fuel to the fire. She seemed utterly unaware of her words' effect on him. He could not bear to hear her misguided compliments any longer, but now he knew that if he told her his true form, he would never be able to go home again because of how she thought about demons. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself, but she kept going.

"And the way you fly so elegantly, it's just like a fairy," Meilin said, her voice dripping with admiration. "Oh, and your voice, it's so alluring and mystical, just like a fairy's. And your eyes are so pretty and shiny, like two diamonds. You must be a fairy," she gushed, unaware of Qingcang's growing frustration.

Qingcang could not take it anymore. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, his vexation boiling over and his eyes blazing with fury. "ENOUGH!" he finally yelled through gritted teeth, trying to keep his temper in check but failing. The people in the restaurant turned to look at him, their faces filled with shock and fear. His aura was that of a powerful and dangerous being, and it was clear that he was not to be trifled with.

Meilin had never seen Qingcang like this before, and it scared her. She looked at him confusedly, not understanding why he was so upset. "What's wrong?" she asked innocently.

Qingcang took a deep breath and closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down. When he opened his eyes again, his expression was calm and composed once again. He cleared his throat and spoke calmly, "I mean, you're wrong. Not all fairies are as graceful as you believe."

Meilin breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that she had not offended Qingcang. "Is this why you were so upset?" she asked with a smile. "That I might judge you for not being a typical fairy?"

Qingcang was taken aback. 'How could someone be so... so... unduly foolish?' he thought as he looked at her in disbelief. 'I won't waste my time arguing with a silly little human about this,'

Meilin, however, continued to speak kindly. "Pretty Eyes," she said, using her nickname for Qingcang. "You've helped me so many times. I understand you're a warrior fairy and not as gentle, but you're good just the way you are."

Qingcang let out a sigh and looked away from Meilin, feeling irritated. 'She's stupid indeed...' he thought to himself. He could not believe that she could not see how ludicrous her comments were.

.

.

.

Meilin and Qingcang did not engage in many conversations after they discussed fairies and demons. Despite their lack of words, they shared a mutual understanding of their objective - to devise a plan to send him back home. With this in mind, they made their way back to their hotel room with determination.

As they entered the room, Qingcang's impatience became apparent as he let out a deep breath through his nose. Meilin noticed his almond-shaped eyes drilling into her as if he were trying to read her thoughts. "What were you doing tonight before we met?" he asked, his voice sharp and demanding. The look in his eyes made her realize that he was not so easily deterred, thus not going to back down until he got an answer.

Meilin's heart leaped into her throat, and she could feel the panic rising in her chest. 'OH NO! NOT THIS QUESTION!' she thought as if she was yelling inside her mind. She knew that Qingcang was not one to be trifled with and that he would want to hear the truth from her.

Qingcang sensed her unease, for he spoke again, his tone commanding, "Tell me the truth. Don't lie. Understood?"

Meilin, taken aback by her admission, blurted out, "I wanted to give up on life before the dark forces attacked me." She was aware that Qingcang had power over her to speak the truth whenever he demanded it, but he was unaware of it.

Qingcang's eye twitched with surprise at how fate had played such a cruel trick. 'Not only is my life bound to a physically weak species, a human, but she is also weak-minded!' he thought, his eyes widening with shock. "Why did you want to give up on life?" he asked.

Meilin sighed, feeling helpless and feeble under his piercing gaze. She knew that Qingcang would not stop asking about the truth, and even though she was usually strong-willed, tonight, she felt different. After seeing Yichen with his wife Jianmin, Meilin felt vulnerable; but seeing how cool he had looked when he protected her from them changed her perspective. "Fine, I'll tell you," she said and sighed again, resigning herself to his probing questions.

Please tell me what you think in a comment and give this story a vote! It would mean a lot and encourage me to write more.

.

"The Moon Supreme, Dongfang Qingcang" is in the public domain. All original additions are copyright © 2022 by Aurora Luxi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 3.5K 72
Wei WuXian, also known as the Yiling Patriarch, was feared and hated by many until his death by his own Shidi but what if...that never happen? What i...
16.4K 571 21
After facing all the humiliations of the actions which she didn't do at all Wei Ying courtesy Wuxian decided to take her own life by jumping down the...
68.4K 1.9K 51
the journey of a quiet, closed off man and a fiery, maturing girl who deal with heartbreak, love, and abuse whilst trying to find themselves and who...
39.5K 1.4K 9
in which a prince who has never experienced love, slowly learns how and what is love... 6 years before his fated death from an incurable illness. Ted...