𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 ▻ �...

By flawlesstiles

❝ i was 18 tommy, what was i supposed to do? ❞ ❝ stay. ❞ ▲ [ peaky blinders season 1 ] More

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚
𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙩
𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙝
𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚
𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘖𝘶𝘵

𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

5.7K 152 18
By flawlesstiles

𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴

...

AT FIVE TO NINE on the day of the races a knock on the Alder door echoes through the home, Elizabeth just finished dolling herself up. To say the girl wasn't excited would be a lie. William had brought her to many fancy outings where she had met many important people, but never has he brought her to something like the races.

Elizabeth opens the door to see Arthur standing standing there; His peaky cap rested on his head, fitted in a sharp new suit, and smile on his face. "You're early", she says.

     "If you're not five minutes early you're late", a second voice says from behind the vehicle parked out front, "Or so I've been told."

     "Liz you look stunning", Arthur smiles and the girl returns one back, although the thought of who was on the other side of the vehicle brought the opposite of a smile for her.

     "I always knew you would grow to be nothing less than a beautiful woman", Arthur continues and the Alder girl's cheeks become flushed with a dusty rose hue, "Just look at ya!"

     "Go on", Thomas says as he walks up behind his brother and rests a hand on his shoulder, "I've got it from here."

As Thomas finally looks up, it was as if he and his brother were standing in front of an angel. His golden haired girl stand in the doorway, the morning light bathing her with a radiating warm glow. The satin of the emerald green dress that hugs every curve of her body perfectly simmers in the light, only further making it seem as if the girl herself was glowing. Thomas Shelby could feel his chest begin to tighten and his hands begin to calm up as he continues to bask in the radiance of his golden haired girl.

     As the middle Shelby brother continues to keep his eyes locked on the girl in front of them, Arthur gives the blonde one last look before turning his back and walking past the vehicle and down Watery Lane.

"That's my date you know", Elizabeth stands with her arms crossed; the man snapping out of what seemed to be a trance, "And without him I don't go to the races."

     "I swear I was the one who asked for your company at the races", Thomas says he takes a drag of his cigarette in hand in hopes to calm his growing nerves, "Not my brother."

"The poor man didn't have a date Thomas", Elizabeth says, "And with you apparently having two I figured I could offer my company. I assumed you'd make it out alright with just one date, barmaids can be good company I hear."

     "Now who said I was going to the races with a barmaid?", Thomas asks as he is eager to hear what the girl has to say.

     "She told me herself", Elizabeth answers, with her arms still crossed.

     Thomas gives a slight chuckle at the girls remark, "Well turns out it was a good thing I invited her", Thomas says and the girl raises a brow at the man, "Had a feeling the first girl I asked wouldn't buy a red dress, even if I asked nicely."

     Elizabeth squint her eyes at Thomas Shelby who stands in front of her, notably not wearing a drop of red himself as she further examined. "I don't see an ounce of red on you Mr. Shelby", she points out.

     "Not for me", Thomas replies, "For Mr. Kimber."

     As the golden haired girl look for deception in the man's eyes, he soon turns away and starts waking towards the vehicle. "We've got a long drive", Thomas says without turning back to face the girl who remains in her doorway.

     "Where's the barmaid?", Elizabeth asks in curiosity as he just told her Grace was indeed also going to the races.

     "On her way", Thomas replies as he opens the passenger door and motions his hand in.

     Again, the girl search for deception in the man, in his face, in his posture, in his voice. "So you're trying to say it's just the two of us then?", she asks, still not taking a step.

     "If you get in the car", Thomas remarks at the stubborn Alder girl.

     After he learned that Elizabeth was told by the barmaid she was also accompanying him to the races, he knew a fight would have to be put up to get her there. Arthur had without hesitation agreed to take his Liz to the races, but Thomas later convinced him it wouldn't work with the plan, which in part was true. The thought of his golden haired girl showing up with any other man other than himself, even if it was his brother, caused the blood in the Shelby man's veins to boil.

     The golden haired girl slowly and hesitantly walk towards the open door being held by Mr. Thomas Shelby. "Just the two of us?", Elizabeth asks again as she sits down.

"Something like that", Thomas says as he closes the door, trying to hold down the feeling of butterflies that was arising in his chest.

To Cheltenham.

...

"You said you were taking me to races Thomas, not sneaking me in", Elizabeth retorts as the two of them walk through the back among the workers.

"I prefer to come to the races the back way", Thomas says as he gently directs the girl in the right direction, "It keeps me out of trouble. Tracks are lawless places. I can't stand petty criminals."

The blonde lets out a laugh at the man's remark as she found it to be quite ironic.

The two walk through a swinging red door which seemingly led them into the actual area for guests. "Okay, you do the talking", Thomas says.

"What!", Elizabeth exclaims as she stops in her tracks and gives the man a look.

"Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan of Connemara", Thomas says and another laugh manages to escape the girls lips.

"How long did it take ya to make that one up huh?", she asks, "Or did you make that up just now?"

Thomas rolls his eyes at his golden haired girl who didn't seem to be taking the situation seriously. But who could blame her? The two, when they were younger, used to make up silly names and sneak into places together; Like many kids do. This one particular situation just eleven years later, and the two being full grown adults rather than naive children.

"Tell 'em you got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse... Dandy Flower", Thomas continues to explain.

"I'm not saying Dandy Flower", Elizabeth retorts, "What sort of name is that for a horse? Poor thing."

"Then leave that part out", Thomas huffs, "And if they ask about me, say that I'm Prussian and don't speak a word of English."

Elizabeth let out a sigh and begins walking along with Thomas again, "I have to admit Thomas, eleven year old you had better stories than this."

The Shelby man give his golden haired girl a look as they approach the security man and the so called Lady Sarah begins to talk.

Like a breeze the two waltz past security without question. It seemed to Thomas the girl never lost her charming impression skills.

"I still prefer The Garrison", Thomas speaks as the two of them look over the railing at the band and dancing people below.

Elizabeth gives a small smile and laugh as she continues to scan the people below. "Do you dance?", he suddenly asks which in fact catches the girl's attention.

     Turning towards the man, Elizabeth looks him in the eyes, again in search for deception of any kind behind the crashing blue waves inside, "That would depend on who you're asking", she replies.

     "Lady Sarah of Connemara, will you dance with me?", Thomas asks with a small smile on his face as he holds his hand up.

     "Since you asked so nicely", she replies as she gently places her hand onto his.

    As the two's hands touch for the first time in over a decade, Thomas could feel his suit collar become a little too tight, and the room a little warmer than it was just prior. Her hand was as soft and gentle as he could only image of before, it now placed in his and not just a figure of his imagination.

    Swaying to the band music filling the room, Lady Sarah Duggan and her Prussian man move in synch across the dance floor. In that moment it was as if the eleven years apart were just a dream. Elizabeth Alder and Thomas Shelby. Like it always used to be. Just weeks ago Thomas was sitting at his desk staring at the photo of him and his once love from many moons ago, and now he stands with her in his arms dancing at the races. How the stars have seemed to align.

As they move to the music Elizabeth feels her dancing partner make a heavy step to the left, spinner her around. "Either you all of a sudden have a very heavy left leg", she begins as they continue to move back at a rather quick pace, "Or there's something you're not telling me."

"I've started to move up in the world", Thomas says as he drops her hand and they proceed towards the wall, "Become a legitimate business man."

The golden haired girl looks at the man with confusion as he pushes an exit door open to reveal the eldest Shelby brother with a load of bags slung around his shoulders. "We chased the Lee's across the track and down to Devon Road", Arthur says just loud enough for the two of them to hear, "We got every penny back."

"This is why you couldn't be my date eh Arty?", Elizabeth asks as she crosses her arms at the man.

"Liz I love ya, I could only be so lucky to have the opportunity to bring such a lovely lady to the races", Arthur smiles as he catches his breath, "Lemme buy you a drink at my pub when we get back to make it up to ya."

    "Your pub?", Elizabeth says as she does her best to be surprised.

    "Ol' Tommy didn't tell ya? The Garrison, she's mine now", Arthur smiles, "Sweet thing."

    "Buy the boys a drink", Thomas speaks up as he places a hand on his brother's shoulder, "Anyone hurt?", he asks.

    "A few cuts and bruises", Arthur smiles as he points to his slightly bloody face.

    "Off we go Lady Sarah", Thomas says as he picks up the bags Arthur had dropped off and begins walking away.

    "I'll find you for that drink Mr. Shelby don't you go and forget", Elizabeth says to Arthur who stands in the doorway that seemed to lead to a hallway.

    "You know where I live, love", Arthur smiles as he kisses the top of her hand before closing the door behind him.

As Elizabeth finds Thomas amidst the crowd she spots him at the table with the familiar accountant of Mr. Billy Kimber, but no Billy Kimber himself. As she scans the room the sight of a flowing red dress catches the eye of the Alder girl, and with closer inspection appears the barmaid Grace dancing with none other than Mr. Kimber.

Neither situation being any of her business, the girl in the emerald green dress step aside towards a table that had an array of alcohol and pickings to choose from. A man behind the table pours a glass of champaign and hands it towards her, the girl gladly taking it. For what it's worth, she could feel she was going to need it.

As she takes her first sip she sees Mr. Kimber walk away from the barmaid and towards the two men who were most likely speaking business. "I see you've met the King of the races", Elizabeth says to the barmaid who approaches her.

"Unfortunately", she replies.

"How are you enjoying the races?", Elizabeth asks as she could tell the girl was down.

"Not exactly what I had in mind", Grace says and Elizabeth couldn't help but feel bad that she seemingly 'stole' her date to the races (even though she herself was in fact asked first, according to Mr. Shelby).

"Same here", Elizabeth says.

As she takes another sip of her drink she could feel a pair of eyes on her. Once looking up, her hazel eyes were met with a pair of very dark ones belonging to Billy Kimber. The man continued to stare at her with his dark eyes which sent a message the girl did not desire to receive. And just as quick his eyes move away from her, but not before looking her up and down. Just as the dark eyes leave a set of ocean ones turn back to meet hers in replacement, and she gives a furrowed look as she tries to decode what just happened.

     The two blonde ladies, the one in red and one in green, exchange looks with each other, both sipping their champaign that was in clear crystal glasses.

"There's a dinner at Kimber's house. He has a house a couple miles away", Thomas says as he walks up to the two ladies, "I have some business to settle first with his accountant, so you go one ahead with Kimber", he says towards the barmaid in the red dress.

    "Just me and him?", she asks with a clear unpleasant look her face.

    "Yeah", Thomas replies quite bleakly, "Til' we're done here. Is that alright? Look I'll threw an extra three quid for your extra time."

    At his remark Elizabeth looks over at the Shelby man with disbelief on her face. Although she can barely say she knows Grace at all, nor say she really trusts her with anything business related, Elizabeth damn well knows the girl should not be treated like some whore.

    "You think I'm a whore", Grace says lowly.

    "Everyone's a whore Grace", Thomas says to her, "We just sell different parts of ourselves. You said you wanted to work for me. To do that you have to sharpen up. The deal is I give him two hours with you."

    The barmaid gives no response to the man who is seemingly prostituting her out to the king of the races, Billy Kimber. "He thinks he's a ladies man, he thinks he can seduce you", Thomas continues to explain, "Whatever you want, just kick him in the balls."

    "I'm a clause in a contract", Grace rewords what Thomas had said, just in more bleak terms.

    "If you want to be part of my organization, you have to make sacrifices", the Shelby man says which is something that Elizabeth had heard a lot of when she was growing up from the adults in her life.

    Sacrifices.

    As Thomas turns his back, Billy Kimber approaches the two ladies; The one in red and one in green. "I'm sorry love, but it looks like I've got to steal your friend from ya", Kimber smirks at the golden haired girl.

    Grace turns to look at Elizabeth, the look of fear in her eyes very prominent. Elizabeth takes a deep breath as she quickly makes up her mind, something she know she'll most likely regret later on. A sacrifice.

"Actually Mr. Kimber", Elizabeth says as she puts on her best smile while placing her hand on his shoulder "I was wondering if maybe you and I could head back first to your big house and this barmaid you so fancy can catch up in I don't know, say an hour?"

Billy Kimber looks at the girl in the emerald green dress with pure lust in his eyes. Such a beautiful women asking to go home with him. Even though it was not what was agreed upon, he felt he could not turn such a woman down. Though he admittedly fancied the barmaid in red, the Alder in green tickled his fancy more.

    "I'll be seeing you later", Kimber says to Grace as he slings his arm around the golden haired girl's waist.

    As she walks away with what seems to be the devil in disguise, Elizabeth looks back at Grace who remains standing in the same spot with shock on her face. Elizabeth gives the barmaid a nod of reassurance as she knows she can handle herself well enough to last an hour like she had proposed. Dealing with Thomas after he finds out is what she has done is what makes her nervous.

...

     Small talk was something Elizabeth Alder had gotten quite good at over the years, mainly thanks to the many meetings and parties she would attend by being a Flander fiancé.

     The car ride back with Mr. Billy Kimber was filled with occasional and useless small talk. A waste of time it felt like to the Alder girl, but that's what a sacrifice can feel like sometimes; a waste of time until the positive finally reveals itself.

     The Kimber house as a grand mansion, similar to the one she lived in back in Dartford. To act surprised and intrigued was what Elizabeth had to remind herself to do, as showing off his home to the girl seemed to be getting him off itself.

"You ever been in a house this big?"? Kimber asks as they walk into a large room with a pool table in the middle.

"Can't say that I have", Elizabeth simply replies, which was how she kept her responses to the man: Short and simple.

     The man walks across the room for a moment and music begins to fill the room. "I never got a chance to dance with you back there", Bill Kimber says as he walks up to the golden haired girl who can feel the lump in her throat begin to swell in anxiety.

     "I was a little preoccupied", Elizabeth says as she continues to fake a smile through.

     "Well darling", Kimber says in a seductive tone, "Now it's just you and me in this big house."

    Great, the Alder girl think to herself. As the king of the races approach her, Elizabeth's heart beats faster and faster, and not in a good way. The man soon takes her hand into his and they begin swaying back and forth to the music.

     "This music's too slow", Elizabeth says as she tries to keep her face as far away from his as subtly possible, "Put on the charleston."

     "Well then we'd be far away", Kimber replies as his grab around her waist tightens a little bit, "I want to dance like this."

     The golden haired girl gives a little smile as they continue to dance to the music. For Grace, is all that is keeping motivation in Elizabeth's heart.

     "Come on, you didn't look so stiff dancing back there with that Shelby man", Kimber says.

     "Guess it's just nerves", she replies with a small laugh.

     "What could you be nervous about", Kimber says as he takes a step back from the girl to admire her body, "You look like a bloody film star."

Before the girl could even respond, the man launches himself onto her, like a lion onto a gazelle; His lips making contact with her neck. Out of instinct the golden haired girl pushes the man off of her, him taking a step back in surprise.

"What's the matter sweetheart?", Kimber says and Elizabeth soon remembers its was technically her who insisted on going back to the king's house, so her resisting undoubtedly seemed odd.

"How about we go a little slower", is all the girl could think of on the spot.

"How about we go as fast as I want", Mr. Kimber says as he closes the gap between the two, "You're in my house, I like to do as I please."

As the golden haired girl look into the eyes of the man that stands only inches away, all she can see is darkness with lust at its core.

Billy Kimber, although he without a doubt fancies the girl in front of him, the thought of having two within the hour trumps his desire for just the one. In his mind he has already wasted enough time showing the girl around his estate for him to care to take it slow.

As he tries to make another advance towards the Alder girl she quickly moves her head out of the way, causing the blood in the man's body to boil, "Right you little slag", Kimber says with anger in his tone, in turn the girl taking a few steps back, "I tried to be nice."

Before Elizabeth could even react, the feeling of the man violently grabbing her by the waist and spinning her around takes over, as if she was just a mere rag doll. "You come over here to my bloody house, you do as I fucking want!", Billy Kimber shouts as he bends the girl over the pool table.

As she tries to get out of the death grip the Kimber man's hands have on her waist, the feeling of the skirt of her dress being lifted up sends an overwhelming feeling of panic and angst throughout the golden haired girl's body; A feeling she was sadly all too familiar with. And before too much could happen, like an angel coming down to earth to give blessings, the door to the room bursts open; catching the attention of the two already inside.

     "What!", the man shouts as the grip on her waist becomes significantly looser, "What are you doing here? I've got another hour!"

With the quick second of what seemed to be freedom, Elizabeth immediately spins her body around and pushes the man away from her with every once of power in her body.

     As Kimber stumbles back from the girl's surprisingly powerful shove, pushing himself into the room past the butler is Thomas Shelby; his ocean eyes in search for his golden haired girl.

     "You fucking—", "Just wait", Thomas says as he cuts off the girl, which in hindsight was probably a good thing, "Listen to me, listen to me."

     Both Mr. Kimber and Miss. Alder more than surprised to be seeing Thomas Shelby, hesitantly stare at he who stands across the room, eager to hear what he has to say.

    "I was going to let you go through with this", Thomas begins, "But when I found out that you took her back and not the barmaid, my conscience got the better of me."

    At his remark Elizabeth raises a brow while still staying on guard. "She looks good on the outside", Thomas continues and the tone in which he spoke it with causes Elizabeth to widen her eyes, "B-but she.. has the clap."

Silence fills the air between the three, each one feeling very different emotions due to the last words spoken: Billy Kimber with surprise and disgust. Thomas Shelby with relief and a little angst. And Elizabeth Alder with an unhealthy amount of rage and betrayal.

"Yeah, syphilis", Thomas continues even though based on the look he was receiving from his golden haired girl he shouldn't, "At first I thought 'what the hell?', but word came around that after she abandoned town she just flapped around."

Billy Kimber looks over at the blonde in disgust, only to see her giving the Shelby man one of the darkest death stares he had ever seen. Even through just the corner of her eye that was focused in front of her, the king of the races could see the anger boiling within, causing him to take a slight step away.

"Yeah, she's a whore", Thomas speaks again, he himself not really knowing why he keeps doing so, "Call it my better nature."

Kimber looks at the girl in the emerald dress again, still with disgust, but also with disappointment; Such a beautiful human, what a tragedy, what a waste.

Before another word could be spoken, Elizabeth turns her head to give the king of the races a deathly glare before storming out of the room — also making sure to give the Shelby man a rather aggressive shoulder check as she walked past him.

"Just go wait in the car", Thomas shouts for her to hear.

"Oh fuck off", the golden haired girl shouts back.

     The heart of Elizabeth Alder pumps faster and faster, the blood in her veins resembling crashing waves of the ocean or large rapids of a lake. And although she wears green, all she can see is red.

...

[ Chapter Status: Not Edited ]

...

a/n— damn that was a long ass chapter. sorry for the wait, i planed to have it out a while ago but i got sick again and then later decided to go back and change a few things haha (aka like the whole chapter - whoops). anyways, i thank you guys for the constant love and support. i appreciate you all. lots of love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 5.2K 45
❝ I would like a soulmate for tomorrow, yet tonight I could use a whiskey-loving companion. ❞ Tommy Shelby x female!oc Peaky Blinders season one, [c...
161 11 5
Got your Bible, got your gun, And you like to party and have fun, And I like my candy, and your woman, I'm finally happy, now that you're gone peaky...
49.2K 1.4K 29
An adventurous assassin gets called to Small Heath to kill Thomas Shelby. She soon learns just how much the decision to accept this mission changes...
311K 2.9K 93
Hey! this is a peaky blinders imagine/oneshot/preferences! These are the people I do -John Shelby -Thomas shelby -Micheal Gray -Finn Shelby -Arthur S...