𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

...

REMINISCING ON THE PAST can be both a blessing and a curse: A blessing for one to have happy memories to reminisce on, but a curse because after the memory is done the high it gives suddenly goes away, only leaving the the body wanting more. And before one knows it, they can find themselves spending more time in their head and in the past than in the present and in the now; Which is what Elizabeth Alder's spare time often looked like.

"Tom, what are you doing?", a 17 year old Elizabeth Alder asks as her ocean eyed boy continues to rummage through a pile among many others within Charlie's yard.

"I swear I saw it", the boy says without looking up, "Just give me a second."

"What?", she asks as he barely gave her an explanation before dragging her out the door of her home, "What'd you find this time?"

Although Charlie is family, and the Shelby's were raised to not steal from family, the piles of random junk never seemed to count. Even though it was in Charlie's yard, it technically didn't belong to anyone. To some it was old garbage, but to others it was something exciting and new.

     "Please don't tell me you dragged me out here just to show me another one of those stupid—", "Ah!", the boy cuts off the complaining girl, "Knew I saw it!"

     Moments next Thomas Shelby turns around  to face his Ellie, her golden hair gracefully swept out of her face by the gentle summer breeze. In that moment he stares at the girl standing in front of him whom he undoubtedly loves with all his heart, taking in every ounce of beauty she radiates. 'How can one be so angelic?' the Shelby boy asks himself.

     "I saw this earlier today, saw it sparkle at me when I walked by", he says as he holds up a small, dainty golden ring, "It's a shame some women lost it, I'm sure her husband gave it to her or something nice like that. But now that it's mine I can give it to you."

"Tom, someone's probably looking for this", the girl says as she tries to grab it from his hands but fails.

"They've lost it, I've found it", Thomas replies, "Hell, if it meant so much why did they let themselves loose it in the first place eh? Something truly special doesn't just end up in a scrap yard."

     Elizabeth knew this past week has been a little worse than others, mostly thanks to Mr. Arthur Shelby Senior. The drunk of a man only seemed to get worse over the years, his wife seeing the most of it. And being the romantic Thomas Shelby is, it hurt him just as much as it hurt his mother. To see a man treat the woman he's supposed to love less than such makes a boy like Thomas remember to love a little extra. Not that he needed a reminder to love a girl like Elizabeth Alder.