The Beauty And The Alpha-Beas...

By livelaughlovelaze

Previously known as "A Werewolf Story". Four childhood best friends - Adrian, also the future alpha... More

The Beauty And The Alpha-Beast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue
SEQUEL: ENDURING LOVE (ON HOLD)
SEQUEL (ENDURING LOVE): OUT NOW!!!

Chapter Seventeen

13.7K 396 35
By livelaughlovelaze

4 years ago

"If you had to choose between me and Adrian, who would you choose?" Dar asked casually, flipping through the magazine as she laid on bed.

"Why would you ask that?" I treaded carefully on the tightrope.

"It's just a question," she answered nonchalantly but I knew her well enough to know that it was more than just a question. Way more.

"I would choose both of you." I answered firmly.

"You have to choose between one," she sighed. "What if one day, some bad guy came and caught us both, who would you pick to save if you could only save one?"

Laughing, I replied, "Adri wouldn't let any of you get caught."

"I just said 'what if', don't you have any imagination?" She scowled.

"Dar," I sighed. "Look, if that ever happened, I would give myself up so that both of you would be saved. Because you both mean so much to me I could never let anything happen to you. It's unfair of you to ask me who I would choose because you guys mean the world to me, I wouldn't be able to live without any one of you, including Chase."

"Fine, though you're still not answering the question." She sighed dramatically, though I was pretty sure she was hiding one of her satisfied smiles.

Shaking my head, I returned to my work.

//

Present

My head was spinning as my brain tried to digest everything that just happened. How could everything change in such a short span of time. It must have been while I was too busy worrying about myself, I thought bitterly, because that was all I seemed to do since I came home. Since when did I turn so self-centred? I scolded myself.

"Belle, my Bella." Adri's voice was surprisingly calm and gentle.

He held my face in his hands softly and I couldn't help but lean into them.

Everything's going to be alright. And it is not your fault. We could never have known what they were planning behind our backs. That is what we have always been prepared and training for, isn't it? I trust our pack, don't you? Adrian wisely chose to speak to me through out mind link.

I knew it wasn't the right time but my brain automatically zoned in on the word our. Shaking my head to clear those useless thoughts away. I had to focus on saving my parents and Darlene.

I do, but this is different. He mentioned that someone was watching me, that means he must have a spy in our pack! We can't let everyone know what's going on. I knew this was the last thing any Alpha would want to know but there was no choice. We had to go about this behind the pack, or risk losing four lives. Scrap that, five lives. Without them, I was nothing short of a living body without a soul. I couldn't live without them.

Alright, but we have to let Chase know.

No! No wecan't! Adritrustmethat'snota good idea! Involuntarily, I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head against his chest. His heart was beating fast, just like mine.

Why? He asked as his own arms went around mine. I would be lying if I didn't say that it felt so warm, comforting and right. I wished we could stay like this forever. Why did this have to happen? Perhaps everything was a sick nightmare, meant to wake me up and remind me to be grateful for all that I already had.

Sadly, the reality was always cruel.

I hesitated, not sure whether to tell Adri about Chase and Darlene. It didn't feel right, it wasn't my place to tell him. But as Chase's best friend, I also knew that he had the right to know what happened to Dar. No matter how he might react to it.

Alright,let's tell him but he's definitely not going to like it. I agreed.

For now, let's go back to acting normally so that whoever the spy iswon'tbe suspicious. We can come up with a solution through our mind link.I'dtell Chase if you find it hard to. Adri said.

Nodding reluctantly, I released my arms around him. However, the thought that I might lose him forever tonight suddenly struck me. Tears welled up in my eyes for a millionth times and without knowing what I was doing, I kissed him.

He was surprised at first, but he immediately reacted. He let me take the lead, knowing how I was feeling. This was the Adrian I loved. Sensitive and caring.

The kiss was slow and passionate. I put all of my love for him at stake. I couldn't be without him, not after all that had happened. I was telling him through the kiss that no matter what happened tonight, he had to be okay.

I will be fine, I promise. You are the one I'm worried about. I know how you are, you'll do anything to keep the people around you safe. But you have to promise me that you'll keep yourself safe too. You're not just Belle anymore, you're my mate. If anything happened to you, think of what will happen to me. And I will keep myself safe for you. Once this is all over, I'll make it up to you for the rest of our lives, I promise. So please. Be. Safe. He was looking into my eyes with those dark hazel eyes of his, flickered with gold. He was controlling himself I could tell. He was doing the duty of an Alpha and a mate. Giving me one last peck, he left the kitchen.

He was right. I had to be strong and keep myself safe. It wasn't a matter of selflessness, it was a matter of preserving our lives. We were strong, our pack was well-trained. We would get through this, I know we would.

Adrian's POV

The whole fiasco happened way too fast. It was almost as if I would wake up any moment then. But I knew this wasn't a nightmare, this was happening, all because of that stupid bastard. If only we had found out earlier. There was no point thinking about that though, what was important that we fight back with all that we have because I have faith that our pack is capable enough.

First things first, I promised Belle I was going to tell Chase what happened, while acting like nothing happened. That was going to be a problem. As the Alpha, I would usually speak to as many pack members as I can during parties like this. It was the the Alpha's duty to know everything happening in the pack and speaking to everyone helped me to be updated about their lives and get feedback from them. It was also important to foster a good relationship with everyone so that the pack would continue to be cohesive and supportive. After all, we were one big family.

As I entered the backyard, I was greeted by Mr Fawk, one of the elders in our pack. While listening to him tell me about his granddaughter, I tried my best to communicate with Chase.

Chase, listen. We're in trouble...

What happened? Came his immediate reply.

Dar is in trouble. Daryl took her and Belle's parents to threaten Belle to kill me before midnight. He wants the pack... and Belle.

This time, he didn't respond. Instead, I could feel his anger. It was another werewolf thing, we can feel each other's emotions when they are really strong. It was almost like a signal.

We have to be calm and not do anything rash because there is a spy in a pack. That's why we have to act normal while coming up with a plan.

Dar will be fine. We'll make sure of it. Belle, who was listening in the whole time, joined in.

So what's the plan? Chase finally said. Plan an attack?

No we can't. As Adri said, there's a spy in our pack. He or she will definitely let Daryl know of our plans. And we don't know where Daryl and his pack are. They may not be at their pack house, knowing we might attack. Belle reasoned.

Then what can we do? Annoyance and impatience evident in Chase's voice, which was rare to hear since he was always able to keep calm even under such situations.

For now, we need to know more about them. Their background and motives, what do they want the pack for? Merely for the position of authority? Wouldn't that be too much a trouble? They know full well our pack is strong. They would be better off targeting a smaller pack before moving on to bigger ones. I think there's more to it. I voiced out my thoughts. Chase.

I'm on it.

Adri, I have an idea. Belle volunteered.

Belle's POV

My legs were shaking and my heart pounding. Every movement I made, I could feel the knife pressing against my thigh in the pocket of my jeans which I had to change into. Chase's voice was still ringing in my ears.

Adri, Belle! Listen to what I found. Two years ago, Daryl, along with Jeff and Brian, tried to overthrow the Alpha in their previous pack but eventually failed. Their Alpha kicked them out, causing them to form a pack of their own, recruiting different rogues. The reason why they tried to overthrow their Alpha was because Daryl is actually the heir to the position but his dad, the Alpha, could tell that Daryl would not be a good successor and announced that he would be passing over the position to someone else outside their immediate family, since Daryl is an only child. Upset and angry, Daryl, along with Jeff and Brian, who are the children of the Beta and the third in command of their pack, decided to rebel. But the entire pack stopped them and kicked them out. After forming Dark Fire Pack, they plan on taking over a big and well-trained pack so that they will be strong enough to go back and take revenge. We just happened to be their target not just because we are big and strong, but mostly because he has a spy in our pack. The spy is... Mike. Do you remember, Adri, a year ago, Mike told us that he found his mate? Afterwards, when we asked him about it, he said he was mistaken? He kept quiet about it this whole time because Daryl has Mike's mate captured and used her to threaten him.

Enough! Adri had said. I was so proud that he was able to control himself even after all that Chase had said.

But everything that Chase told us was earth-shaking news. Mike! I could never have guessed! And to think that he had been suffering for over a year without anyone's help! I was surprised I could still keep my facade on. We should all be given awards for such great acting. Adri was still smiling and talking to everyone in our pack, as if nothing had happened.

However, the time has come. I glanced at my watch nervously. Ten minutes till twelve. I closed my eyes and tears involuntarily rolled down my cheeks silently. After this entire fiasco, I promised myself, I was not going to drop a single teardrop anymore. I've cried more than enough for the rest of my life. After this entire fiasco, yes, we were going to succeed. Everything was going to be fine. I took a deep breath.

Throwing the remaining rubbish into the trash bag, I tied it up and placed it into the bin. Rubbing my sweaty palms against my jeans, I turned around to a smiling Adri.

He threw another filled trash bag into the bin and wrapped his hand around my waist. As if it was just another beautiful night.

"Thanks for helping out my Bella. That's the last of it." He smiled cheekily, "now here's your reward."

Before I had time to digest what was happening, his soft, warm lips landed onto mine for a quick peck. It was short, but oh so sweet. I gasped, surprised.

And when I did realise what happened, I threw myself into his arms once again. I forced the tears forming in my eyes not to fall and pressed my face into his chest. His heart was beating fast.

As I laid there, I told him through our mind link. I'm scared, Adri. But I am going to be strong. For all of us. I love you.

This was the first time i've said these three words to him.

He pulled apart and stared into my eyes. His were golden, not of anger or lust, but of pure love. My heart skipped a beat and it was as if nothing else mattered anymore. I was no longer scared, because I had him. We were going to do this together. Before I had anymore time to doubt or hesitate, I took out the knife in my pocket and stabbed him straight through his heart.

"I love-" He wasn't able to complete his sentence.

Muahahahaha I'm evil I know! I just had to end here but I knew it would be horrible to end with a cliffhanger like this so I waited till I finished the next chapter before posting this up. So go on ahead the read the story's climax! They're unedited as usual, so please pardon my mistakes. Also, please vote, share and let me know what you think :) Thanks! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 1.8K 22
" Run!" Was the last word I heard until I took off in the woods, leaving my siblings and pack behind. _______________________________________________...
1.3M 70.5K 33
Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@NovemberRain16 "I have become obsessed with this...
234K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
83.2K 3.2K 27
luna Harper is an amazing strong minded women. she loves her children lucy and damien and would do anything for them. she is very caring, sweet and a...