She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys

513K 8.3K 1.1K
By lilly-rain

Here’s next chap, thanks for fanning and liking this story so much and for all the amazing comments!

Enjoy.....xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty ~ ~

My mind was awake before my body was and I was vaguely aware of Saxon’s presence still in my bed with one arm slung over my lower back as I laid face down on my bed with my head turned away from him. Lucky for him that is all that was touching me but I have to admit I felt so warm and peaceful right now and I had the best night’s sleep last night.

The sound of my door slowly opening filled my ears and stupid old me didn’t even put two and two together until Stevie’s loud booming voice filled the room, jolting me awake one hundred per cent.

“What on earth! Is that Saxon in your bed! Oh man!” His yelling brought the sounds of thundering footsteps to my bedroom door as I opened my eyes and groaned – this was going to be a very fun morning, not. Saxon shifted alongside me and his arm left my back as I felt him sit up while letting out a low angry growl.

“You better not be naked under there Eva or I swear-,” that was Brody’s annoying voice now yelling at me.

“Get out of our house! You’re not welcomed here!” Grant snapped furiously and I groaned while pushing myself up into a sitting position and turned around to sit on my bed and face them.

“Worst wakeup call ever Stevie!” I groaned loudly and they all stared at me in utter shock while I rubbed my face and looked up at the three of them, wondering where Travis and Harper were, well obviously Travis was where Emily was. “What?” I demanded.

All Stevie could do was open and shut his mouth like a fish out of water as he stared at me while Grants face went bright red and I swear steam was going to come bursting out of his ears at any moment now and Brody looked like he was ready to shift at any second; that’s how angry he was.

Frowning, I looked over at Saxon who was smirking slightly like he knew what was going on and as I stared at him in so much confusion, his eyes drifted to my neck and I felt the blood drain from my face, “Crap,” I whispered. I always sleep in a thin strapped singlet and right now my neck is completely exposed along with Saxons permanent faint teeth marks but obviously they aren’t too faint for my brothers to not notice.

Within seconds I flung myself off my bed and grabbed my jeans and sneakers then bolted for my bedroom window, totally prepared to jump out and run for my life and away from the big blow up that was about to happen right now but apparently my obnoxious mate thought this was hilarious because he blocked the window before I even had a chance to touch my freedom.

“You can’t run forever Eva,” he mumbled, still with that smirk on his face, “They were going to find out sooner or later I had marked you.”

Glaring up at him I knew I could be the world’s nastiest person right now and dob him in with how he really marked me but glancing back over at my brothers in my bedroom doorway; I knew that would be sentencing Saxon to his death and that is just way too mean to do.

Sighing I dropped my jeans and sneakers before slowly turning around to face my over reacting family front on, “Surprise,” I cheered with a huge smile which was completely forced and made Saxon laugh quietly from behind me. Annoyed with him I quickly shot my elbow back and it connected with his stomach but he didn’t even flinch from the hit – like every other time I hit him.

“I hate you right now,” I mumbled through pinched lips.

Surprise! Is that all you can say!” Grant screeched like a girl and I had to bite my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing my head off at him.

“Um, yes?” I offered quietly.

“When! How! Why!”Brody demanded as his eyes glued on Saxon with a death glare.

“Why didn’t you tell us you two were together?” My eyes zoned in on Stevie as he spoke in such a crushed and hurt tone and it was clear on his face that he felt betrayed by me not telling him and I felt guilty and like the world’s worst sister ever right now.

“It’s not like that Stevie, I promise,” I whispered as I hung my head, ashamed I had hurt him like this.

“How is it then Eva?” he asked, walking over to me, “You said you were just friends and nothing more, I don’t care if you guys are more, we can’t stop you from being mates – it’s out of our hands but it doesn’t mean I like the fact he is apparently the one for you but you could have told us that you guys had completed the mating process.” He muttered softly as he took my hand into his and I looked up at him in confusion.

“What process? He marked me, isn’t that it?” I asked with my eyebrows scrunched together. Stevie glanced to just behind me and I turned in time to see Saxon waving his hands and shaking his head no, “Saxon,” I growled with warning, “You better tell me what’s going on right now mister.”

“Stop trying to boss me around then,” he growled back with annoyance.

“No! No! NO!” Brody started shouting, gaining my attention once more, “This is not happening! I'm going to kill him for marking my sister!” he roared and took a quick step forward but Stevie and even Grant ran at him. Grant gripped onto his shoulders and pulled him back as Stevie pushed on his chest while Brody was trying to go forward still, “He can’t do this to our family again! He’s just using her and using this to his advantage, he doesn’t care for her! He’s trying to take our sister away from us for good!” he was shouting like a manic now and I looked up at Saxon with worry.

“You’re not trying to take me away, are you?” I asked quietly, afraid he would say yes and prove Brody right but Saxon shook his head.

“No; I doubt you would listen even if I did try,” he smirked, trying to lighten the moment but I just looked at him with caution.

Turning back around I quickly walked over to my brothers, “Brody!” I shouted over top of all the noise, “Calm down! I'm not going anywhere!” he was struggling against Stevie and Grant so much but his eyes never left Saxons for a second as he glared at him with pure rage but Saxon didn’t even look bothered by it.

I felt like hitting him for causing all this trouble for me right now.

“You don’t understand Eva; you’ve mated with an Alpha!” Brody hissed at me but never looked my way.

“So?” I muttered, not seeing how that makes a difference.

“Dammit Eva! You’re female and mated with an Alpha from another pack – it means you have to go with him! Even if you don’t want to because he can force you to switch packs!”

Brody’s words rung in my ears, echoing throughout my head as I slowly looked up at Saxon with shock. He wouldn’t, would he? Saxon shook his head softly at me with a serious look on his face like he just read my thoughts but I couldn’t concentrate on anything.

“Everyone calm down right now!” a familiar and scary deep voice boomed all around us but I was watching Saxon as dad had shouted at us and his whole body tensed up with fury and his eyes darkened, “Travis!” dad boomed again and I spun around to face my dad.

His eyes flickered over to Saxon, “I wasn’t yelling at you so calm down boy,” he snapped angrily before he looked back to my three brothers as Travis came walking in without a care in the world and a goofy grin on his face with Harper following not long after.

I cocked an eyebrow at Travis wondering what it was exactly he had been up to while drama paradise was happening just down the hall from his room – one he would have heard but chose to ignore too. His face turned serious within a matter of seconds as he took me in standing there in shock still, Saxon over near my window most likely glaring at my dad and Grant with Stevie holding Brody back who was still going mental and thrashing in their hands.

“Brody back down!” he roared, voice full off Alpha command which made me smirk as Brody growled loudly once more before breaking free of the other two and storming out with one last glare at Saxon. “What on earth is going on in here?” Travis snapped, looking from one to the next.

“I think it has something to do with this Alpha standing here only in his boxers,” my dad muttered and then patted Travis on the shoulder, “Have fun sorting this out,” and walked out while I looked over at Saxon; only just noticing he was half naked.

“When did you even take your clothes off?” I demanded with a slightly panicked tone.

He smirked as he walked over to my bed and picked up his shorts before pulling them on, “Calm down, nothing happened.”

“Better not have,” I grumbled loudly, folding my arms over my chest.

“He marked you!” Travis shouted out in shock and disbelief making me growl with annoyance as I spun around to face them all minus one.

“Yes, okay! He bit me, get over it, no we are not together – we are still only friends, so move on. Yes, he slept over last night because we were talking and no, nothing happened. So you all can back off from both of us,” I half shouted, glaring at them and daring them to continue this argument over nothing.

“You’re defending me?” Saxon spoke up from behind me and I turned to see a small smile on his face and what could only be classed as happiness in his eyes.

Groaning, “Yes, I'm defending you. I defend all my friends when I need to, even arrogant ones.” I smirked before turning back around again, “This is the worst morning ever!” I shouted out to no one in particular as I grabbed all my clothing for school and walked into my bathroom, slamming the door shut behind me.

~~

Walking back out of my room in my school uniform I let out a sigh of relief to see the place still intact but also empty of any males. Pulling my hair up into a ponytail as I headed over towards my bag, I picked it up and headed downstairs.

Brody was nowhere to be seen and Travis caught me looking around for him as everyone else was sitting down somewhere in the kitchen and eating their breakfast with everything back to normal as Stevie was throwing his green fruit loops at Harper because he doesn’t like the green ones and Harper had a wooden spoon held up as he kept hitting them away while he ate his own cereal.

“He’s not coming to school today; he needs time to cool down,” Travis explained as I nodded my head slowly and slid into a seat alongside Emily, giving her a cheery smile.

“Morning,” I grinned.

“Morning,” she smiled back, “Uh, I heard you had an eventful wake up,” she was holding back laughter as I shot playful daggers at her.

“You could say that –oh, have you all thought about me asking Chris to join our pack?”

“Chris Moore? The Chris Moore?” Emily gasped as she looked at me with wide eyes.

I nodded slowly, “Yeah, my friend Chris. He’s a really nice guy when he’s not being a scary bully,” I chuckled as I remembered my first impressions of him on my first day at school.

Travis cleared his throat and both Emily and I looked up at him, he gave Emily a soft smile and I made a gagging noise while she giggled, “Yeah we talked about it and since we all have seen you and him at school together, we know you’re friends with him and if he wants....he can join our pack.”

I jumped out of my seat and lunged at Travis, sending him to the ground with me on top while I hugged him tightly, “Thanks so much Travis! I love you so much!”

“Alright, get off me now,” he grunted with a smile as I climbed off, “Just don’t force him too Eva, we all know what you’re like when you want something to go your own way,” he warned me and I nodded. I wasn’t going to force Chris to join us. I was just going to ask him and if he said no, then he said no.

“Um,” Emily cleared her throat as she looked down at her eggs on her plate, “Sax said he would see you at school,” She mumbled.

“Oh, yeah,” I laughed as I sat back down on my seat and stabbed my bacon, I had forgot he wasn’t here anymore, “Cool,” I added before I chewed a mouthful of bacon.

“So, why was he in your room last night? I think we are going to have to lay down some ground rules here,” Stevie teased with a wink as he flicked a green fruit loop at me.

Scowling at him I pointed to my bacon with my fork, “You know, if this wasn’t so yum, I would be throwing food back at you.” And I shoved another mouthful in before answering his first question with a shrug, “We got into a fight sort of, I snapped at him and overreacted so he kicked me out of his house then he came around last night to apologise and we just talked,” gulping down Grants glass of orange juice I looked up at their shocked faces.

“What?” I questioned as I took another bite of bacon.

You overreact? No way,” Harper teased and I narrowed my eyes at him while I chewed.

“He kicked you out his house?” Stevie snickered.

“No guys,” Grant gasped with mock horror, “Saxon Redford apologised to someone,” and they all started laughing.

“C’mon, it wasn’t just someone, it was Eva – he’s mate,” Travis called out over top of them but they were too busy laughing still to hear him.

Emily smiled over at me and I smiled back just because she was and she knew it, because she chuckled softly, “You two are really entertaining, I can’t believe he kicked you out though, how childish,” She mused.

Laughing, “He didn’t full on kick me out just told me to find my own way home and I stormed out.”

“How did he do it?” Grant laughed as he looked back to me and I frowned in confusion, do what? “How did he apologise?” he grinned.

Shaking my head with a smirk, “I'm not telling you that so you can tease him – that’s my job and no one is taking it away from me.”

“Calm down you lot,” Travis called out again and this time everyone listened and slowly started putting their dishes away so we could leave for school.

Shoving Grant out the limo door first I laughed like a mad woman and jumped out over top of him but he grabbed my leg and tripped me up, sending me to the ground before he pounced on me, “Get off, lard butt!” I laughed loudly.

“Make me you sack of bones!” he grinned back before he was pulled off from behind and I looked up to see Chris holding a hand out for me to take while his other hand was gripped onto the back of Grants shirt.

“Sorry, no time for games – I need to talk with Eva here,” he flashed a small smile at Grant before letting him go and I grabbed his hand as he pulled me to my feet and grinned up at him.

“Yeah, I’ve got to talk to you too.”

“Man, I feel left out,” Grant pouted playfully, “Go on then you crazy kids, run off and share your little secrets,” he teased before turning around and calling out to that girl I first met here, the one who thought me and Grant had a thing going on – so gross.

“Me first,” Chris smirked as we started waking for the front doors and I nodded, wanting for him to hurry up, “Alright, did Sax sleep at yours last night?”

My jaw dropped slightly, “How did you even know that? I only just got to school.”

He grinned, “I may not be in the pack but I have my resources still,” he winked, “So, he did then?”

Groaning, “Yes and he caused so much trouble this morning by just being there.”

Chris frowned and then smiled in understanding, “Your brothers busted him, huh? I would have loved to see that,” he grinned.

Shaking my head, “You’re all the same but no, they didn’t react as badly as I thought they would – Brody did though, spitting it about how Saxon is going to force me to leave them and join his pack and blah blah blah but no,” I grabbed his arm, building up the suspension, “The worst part was that they found out he......marked me!” I gasped with wide eyes, adding effect.

Chris’s mouth dropped open, “He what!” he roared, looking slightly angry.

“Shush! Calm down, it’s alright,” I whisper hissed.

“No it’s not Eva, I know you would never have agreed to that!” he hissed back, looking around for Saxon and I rolled my eyes.

“How would you even know, huh?” I smirked as we stopped at Brody’s locker because it was only two down from Chris’s, so now I usually just used Brody’s for convenience.

Chris shook his head at me, “Eva, I know we haven’t been friends for that long but I know you well enough to know you would not have willingly let him bite you, you still don’t even fully understand the whole mates concept -.”

“Oh yeah!” I cried out cutting him off, “Sorry,” I mumbled quickly, “But what is the whole process? No one would explain it to me.”

I watched Chris quickly look away, “Ask Saxon so you can hit him instead,” he muttered, turning slightly red in the face and I grinned.

“I’ll tell you what the other C means,” I sang teasingly and he groaned loudly, slamming his locker shut and making a few students around us jump and quickly walk away, “Still haven’t lost the bully effect, I see,” I mumbled with a small amused smile.

Chris chuckled then looked away again, “First step – meeting, second step – biting, third and final step – sleeping together and then you are both completely mated,” and he bolted off down the hallway.

“What!” I shouted in shock, “Heck no am I sleeping with him!” gasps from all around me had me turning red in the face, “Chris!” I shouted again and ran after him, eager to get away from all the looks.

I finally caught up to him outside of our first class together and grabbed onto his elbow, “I wouldn’t hit you for that, I would hit him if he tried it though,” I growled and he looked down with a toothy smile and chuckled as we walked into class.

“So, is that everything from this morning then?” he teased as we sat down in the back row near the window and I nodded as I pulled my notepad out which I had wrote some notes down from all the previous classes of this lesson.

“Alright, my turn now,” I smiled and he pretended to look scared so I kicked his shin, “It’s not that bad, um...I was wondering if you wanted to.....um,” I felt nervous now that I was actually asking him, what if he took it the wrong way? No, this is Chris, he won’t take it the wrong way, “Wanted to join my pack?”

He didn’t reply after a full minute so I finally looked up at him to see him staring at me with confusion and a shocked expression, “Why?”

I shrugged, “I just thought because you’re not in one......you don’t have to though, I won’t mind,” I flashed him a genuine smile to show him I meant that.

Chris shook his head but looked thoughtful, “Do your brothers know you’re asking me?” he gave me a cheeky smile and I nodded.

Yes Chris, they do.”

“Alright, I’ll join your pack.” I cleared my throat and he rolled his eyes, “I’ll join your awesome pack Eva Thorn.” And I grinned.

“Much better Chris Moore,” then I stopped and laughed, he frowned at me, “You’ll be the first non Thorn to join our pack, apart from Emily but she is mated to Travis,” I grinned.

“Now tell me,” and I looked at him like he had just lost his mind, “What does CC mean?”

“Oh,” I mumbled and looked away, “Creepy Chris.”

“I'm not creepy!’ he shouted gaining the classrooms attention and the teacher who had just walked in.

“No shouting in my class, now copy these notes down,” and she took out a marker and started to write boring notes down on the whiteboard.

“You are and you know it...CC,” I snickered while staring down at my desk but my shaking shoulders gave my laughter away.

“Does this mean you have to bunk with a creepy person at your place?” he teased and I lifted my head up instantly.

“Heck no, that’s creepy.....Chris,” I laughed again and he just shoved my shoulder, pushing me and my chair away from him at the same time, “You can have the guest room, so I guess now it will be known as your room,” I grinned.

“Is it near yours?” he asked with a wary expression and I frowned while I shook my head, “Good because you know, I don’t want to hear any of your late night booty calls with Sax,” He teased.

My mouth dropped open, “I do not have booty calls with Saxon!” I gasped but my gasp seemed to echo all around the room and Chris roared into laughter as I turned to face the entire class including the teacher staring at me in shock, “I really hate you Chris, that’s twice within ten minutes you have made me look like I do it with people,” I grumbled as I looked down at my desk to avoid the stares.

“Turn around the whole lot of you!” Chris snapped loudly with a nasty look and chairs scraped as people moved around.

“Thanks,” I mumbled; still feeling embarrassed. I don’t know; for some reason if I'm extremely embarrassed I get tongue tied and can't yell at people, it’s annoying as anything.

“What are friends for?” he teased.

“Some guy was looking at me today and it was really creepy but then Travis came along and punched him in the face,” Emily gushed while I rolled my eyes. I like Emily, don’t get me wrong but I just believe she should have punched that guy herself, “And now I haven’t seen Travis since, I think he got sent home,” she mumbled with a sad tone.

Slinging my arm around her shoulder I smiled at her, it was nice having a female friend who liked me for me, “Just go ask Sax, he knows nearly everything that goes on around here. He even tells Grug what to do.”

Emily shook her head, “No, I actually haven’t spoken to Saxon apart from this morning and I didn’t even say anything he just told me to pass the message along and didn’t wait for me to reply.” She smiled faintly but I could tell she was worried about Travis.

Walking into the outside lunch area I saw all my brothers sitting at our bench and goofing around but like Emily feared, Travis wasn’t there. I searched the rest of the area but still couldn’t see him. Stupid Grug will regret sending my brother home if that’s what happened.

Taking Emily’s hand into my own I squeezed it gently and gave her a big smile, ‘Travis, where are you? Em’s worried.’ Leading Emily over to our bench she sat down alongside me and Harper jumped straight into a conversation with her about Maths, apparently he wasn’t doing so well and Emily is really smart.

‘At home, I got suspended for three days for fighting,’ Travis grumbled back in reply and I smiled slightly, ‘Watch out for her for me Eva.’

‘Yeah yeah, Emily’s a big girl you know,’ I muttered back, pulling an apple out of my bag and biting into it.

Or you could pull strings with the devil and get me back there?’ came his next teasing question and I groaned loudly, Grant looked up at me and frowned but I shook my head lightly, tapping my temple.

‘Are you serious?’ I muttered as my eyes scanned the crowds of students for one in particular, I saw Chris over on the other side and he winked at me with a small wave which I returned back and poked my tongue out.

‘Deadly serious, I don’t like the idea of Emily being there without me.’

‘Do all Alphas think girls can’t defend themselves, or just you and Saxon?’ I asked, it was a serious question but I couldn’t help the smile because I knew he wouldn’t have liked being referred to as the same as Saxon.

‘Eva!’ he boomed loudly in my head, making me cringe but I cut him off before he could shout anymore.

‘Found him, let you know soon,’ I laughed as I jumped up from my seat, “Back in a minute guys....and girl,” I smiled at Emily as she laughed softly before I walked off towards Saxon with his little posse.

He was leaning against one of the trees with his arms folded over his chest, making his biceps bulge a little more than usual and he didn’t look happy but then again, when does Saxon ever look happy? Keith and Ryan were standing with him and two others I’ve seen around but don’t know the names of.

Keith grinned once he saw me and stepped back a little, I have no idea what he was actually expecting to happen though. Ryan glanced up and gave me a small nod which I raised an eyebrow to but said nothing about and the other two just stared at me - weirdos.

“Hey there my favourite friend of all time,” I grinned as I stopped alongside Saxon and smiled up at him.

Slowly he turned his head to look down at me with a bored look, “Yes, Eva?” he made it sound like he was talking to a child which annoyed me but I let it go.

“Seeing as you got me in so much trouble this morning, I think you owe me a favour,” I smiled again before resting my head on the side of his arm, “Please?” I used my innocent voice.

Saxon groaned softly. “What? No blackmail?” he smirked.

Scrunching my nose up, “Well someone spilled the beans on that one this morning so I can’t use it,” I grumbled, I should have just worn my t-shirt to sleep last night and I would still have blackmail against him right now. “Anyway, are you going to help me or not?”

“You know I will, what is it?” he sighed.

“Yay,” I cheered loudly then quickly grabbed his hand and unfolded his arms, “Come on, we have to go do it now,” I told him as I started pulling him away but only my feet were moving in the same spot and I grunted against his weight. Saxon chuckled quietly from behind me and I turned around expecting him to be holding the tree or something but he was just standing there, holding his ground with his own weight.

“Move it lard butt,” I muttered and he frowned and opened his mouth, “Yeah, yeah, you’re not fat – I get it, just come on,” and I pulled on his hand again and this time he actually walked with me.

“Catch you guys later,” he muttered to his friends as he followed me out through the crowds of students, well technically the students all moved and made a wide path for us to walk through and I have to admit – it was pretty darn cool, made me feel like royalty even.

No! Don’t start thinking like Saxon Eva, bad move! I scolded myself as we walked pass my brothers and Emily, “Hey Em, don’t worry, I’ve got it sorted now,” I smiled as I waved at her while I pulled Saxon pass them all.

“What am I doing for you this time?” Saxon finally asked as we walked down the corridor, well I was still pulling him until he planted his feet down on the ground and wouldn’t budge anymore which I shot him annoyed look for.

“We all know you’re stronger than me, the least you can do is play along with it Saxon,” I muttered as I pulled on his hand again but he still wouldn’t budge. Groaning I grabbed his one hand with both of my hands and pulled so much that I was leaning halfway down to the floor and if I let go off him – I would crash land on my back right now.

Saxon reached forward and took my wrist into his hand and pulled me back up to a standing position before stepping up closer to me but still keeping at least a foot of space between us, which wasn’t really that much. Though I know if it were any other person right now or if it had been a few weeks ago – I would have punched him for invading my personal space but now it didn’t seem to bother me, I felt like I could trust him more to some degree.

“What do you need me to do?” he asked quietly but in a stern tone, he really wanted to know.

Smirking, “Well, it’s not exactly for me but for someone else who I want you to help out,” I muttered, watching his face but he gave nothing away until he gave one quick shake of his head.

“No. I'm not a charity case Eva, you know I would help you any time, even if you are in the wrong but I'm not helping someone else,” he growled lightly and I groaned while rolling my eyes.

“Seriously Saxon? It’s Travis, he got suspended and now he’s acting like you thinking Emily won’t be alright without him here to watch over her.”

“I don’t watch over you,” he scoffed and I simply raised an eyebrow and stared at him, I'm not stupid, “Much,” he finally admitted and I shook my head slowly.

“Uh-huh, I know you watch me like a darn Hawke and I know you have your little spies watching me too – I can feel eyes on me all the time and I know it’s your fault but I’ve let it go, so since I’ve let it go, you can help my brother come back,” I smirked and tried to not laugh at his slightly shocked face.

His eyes narrowed a little with suspicion, “If you knew I was watching you all this time, why didn’t you say anything? That doesn’t sound very Eva like,” he smiled slightly and I shook my head slowly again.

“Honestly, I didn’t care if you knew what I was doing or not. It’s not like it was a big secret and as long as your spies didn’t dob me in for any of the pranks I pulled and got away with, then it was all good, a little creepy though,” and I gave him a pointed look.

He smirked, “Sorry but I like knowing you’re safe,” he admitted then quickly took my hand and began pulling me down the hallway towards Grugs’ office, I glanced up at him but he wasn’t looking at me and if my gut instincts are right – Saxon was embarrassed to admit he cared about me.

“I like knowing you’re safe too,” I stated loudly but not too loud.

Saxon groaned and shot me an annoyed look, “You just said that in the most stupidest tone and ruined one of those moments girls always go on about.”

I smirked back up at him, “News flash, if we did just have a moment – you ruined it by quickly running away.”

“I did not run away,” he grunted then pushed open the office door, holding it for me and I walked in under his arm whispering ‘did too and you know it’. He growled lowly and marched right past the front office lady who shot me a nasty look, I bet she is still upset about me touching her precious microphone.

“Can I watch you yell at him?” I asked as I bounced up alongside Saxon right outside Grug’s door with a huge smile on my face at the thought of Grug getting yelled at.

Saxon frowned, “It’s not that exciting and I don’t yell,” he muttered.

“You yelled at him over me,” I pointed out.

“Stop pointing out obvious facts,” he muttered as he opened the door and let it bang against the wall, I watched Grug jump in his seat as he stuttered into the phone saying he would call the person back later and quickly hung up.

“Saxon, um,” he paused and looked at me, “I haven’t punished her for anything.” He quickly added not understanding why Saxon was here in the first place. Honestly I don’t even get why Grug still thinks he can get away with punishing me, he knows Saxon always finds out – only a few times have I actually asked for his help, the rest of the times he finds out through his little spies.

“Did you or did you not.....” Saxon looked down at me.

“Ooops,” I muttered as I remembered I forgot to tell him what actually happened, “Suspended.”

“Right,” Saxon rolled his eyes and looked back over at Grug, “Cancel Travis’s suspension and let him back in school, effective as immediately.”

“B-but, Travis? You’re helping Travis now?” Grug muttered in shock and I narrowed my eyes at him with annoyance and anger.

“Apparently so,” Saxon grumbled and I smirked slightly, “Just leave Eva’s brothers alone because I don’t need the drama, I'm sick of coming in here and telling you how to do your job and I'm sick of you not learning. So I will say this once – leave all Thorns alone and if you try and do anything again, you will lose your job.” He growled threateningly while I smiled smugly over at Grug’s bugged eyes and trembling face.

Saxon took my hand back into his, “Let’s go Eva,” he muttered and I smirked one last time at the world’s worst principal before letting Saxon lead me out.

Once we were back in the hallway I couldn’t hold it back anymore, I started laughing so hard that I had to hold my stomach. Grugs face was priceless and I just wished I had a phone to take pictures or something.

“Stop laughing, it wasn’t that funny,” Saxon grumbled but I could see the amused smirk in the corner of his lips as we kept walking back to the outside lunch area.

“It was and you know it,” I chuckled as I took deep calming breathes and held my cheeks with one hand because they were aching so much while tears of laughter rolled down my cheeks.

“No, it’s called teaching people their place,” He muttered as he held open the door for outside and I walked through first but he still didn’t let go of my hand and I actually didn’t mind. I think he is growing on me slowly and in all honestly – we’re not that different from each other personality wise, well I'm not arrogant, just annoying and I don’t think the world revolves around me – it revolves around my family too.

“Can I ask you something?” I questioned as I found a vacant spot under a shady tree and sat down on the grass, folding my legs underneath myself. Saxon stood there and stared at the ground for a moment with a disgusted look on his face so I patted the grass next to me, “Come on Almighty Alpha,” I teased and he growled lowly but finally sat down, using the tree trunk to lean his back on.

“What’s your question?”

Sighing softly I looked over at my brothers, Harper was already looking at me and he gave me a small smile with a nod and I poked my tongue back out at him making him laugh before turning to face the others.

“I think they have accepted us,” Saxon commented and I frowned before following his gaze over to my family and nodded slowly.

“Maybe,” I mumbled, “Are you going to force me to leave my pack?” I asked quietly, this question had been bugging me ever since Brody said that. I know me and Saxon are mates and all but I'm not leaving my family for anyone – he can join us if he really wants us to be together.

“Eva,” he groaned softly, “I’ve done a lot of things I'm not proud of – anymore, but I would seriously have to be messed up to force you to join my pack – you would hate me forever and I would lose you for good.”

Smiling I looked up at him and just felt the need to tease him and make fun of him for being all soft and gooey right now but I bit my lip knowing he would snap major bad at me if I did, instead I just nodded slowly, “Glad you know that, Alpha boy.”

He growled but didn’t say anything else. We lazily sat under the tree for the rest of lunch and I convinced him to point out who is in his pack and who isn’t, I also got him to show me which ones were his little spies and I glared at each of them while he laughed silently next to me.

Travis was back just before the end of lunch bell went off and everyone heard Emily scream in excitement and relief to see him again. His eyes met mine and he mouthed thank you, I smiled but pointed at Saxon and Travis looked away. He is okay with whatever this is that’s going on between me and Saxon but he doesn’t like Saxon as an actual person which is fair enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 2.7K 16
ash walker>18> werewolf> she lost her parents in a car accident and has always been angry but when she loses them her life spirals and she is forced...
10K 644 38
What happens when vampires and werewolves,( natural born enemies.) Decide to live together as equals on the same lands. What will happen when a werew...
404 35 27
Everly Peters is an ordinary girl, or so she thinks. After the death of her father she learns that she is a werewolf, but the only one in her family...
117 39 16
After Clara's parents move to a different country and let her grandfather look after her, he passes away and she is forced to go to a boarding school...