The Roses That Grew From The...

By Therightauthor

Sequel! Continue on Cali and Key's journey. Read the first book before you read this story!! THIS IS THE SEQU... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Groupchat??
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Why😭
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Tea Alertβ˜•οΈπŸš¨
Y'allπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Y'all GET TF UP! RN🚨🚨!
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61
Ch. 62
Ch. 63
Ch. 64
Ch. 65
Ch. 66
Ch. 67
Ch. 68
Ch. 69
Ch. 70
Ch. 72
Ch. 73
Ch. 74
Ch. 75
Ch.76
Ch. 77
Ch. 78
Ch. 79
Ch. 80
Ch. 81
Ch. 82
Ch. 83
Ch. 84
Ch. 85
Bonus ch. Pt 1
Bonus Ch. Pt 2
Bonus Ch. Pt 3
Bonus Ch. Pt 4
🚨New Book Alert🚨

Ch. 71

1.8K 128 65
By Therightauthor

" Key I'm not getting out."

" Yes, you is now come on."

" No, I'm not. He don't wanna see me."

" Bruh yes he do. He been asking fa you to come by, and you always lie like you can't. So, either get out or I'ma have him come out here. It's yo choice." He said causing me to sigh.

I got out of the truck, and waited as he got A'Kyrie out of the backseat. I followed behind him as he walked towards the building.

" Aye Muhammad look who I brought with us today." Key said as he walked in holding AK.

" Oh oh oh! Caliana, one moment ma'am. One moment please!" He smiled excitedly as he walked from behind the counter.

" H—Hi." I waved nervously.

" All I get is a wave? No, I want hug." He said as walked over towards me, and hugged me causing me to hug him back.

" Aye bruh, please tell this girl you don't hate ha." Key said causing Muhammad to look confused.

" No never! I love Caliana. Why would I hate her? No, I would never."

" I'm sorry. I never meant fa you to get dragged into my mess. I hate that I'm the reason you got beat up, and your store got trashed. I'm so sorry. I really am. Rjayaan 'aetini ( which means please forgive me in Arabic.)" I cried as he pulled me back into a tight hug.

Fat had slipped up, and told me what Bezel and his guys did to Muhammad and his store. I felt bad, and felt like I was the cause of it. So, I thought he hated me. Or that's what I made myself believe because that's how I felt about everything that's been happening as of lately.

" Kulu ghafr eaziziin. ( which means all is forgiven sweetheart." He said as rubbed my back consoling me.

" Ma'am we'll ring you up cause it's gone be a minute with dem." Key said as him and AK walked behind the counter. Key sat AK on the counter facing him, and started ringing up her items.

" He is so precious. What's his name? How old is he?" The older lady asked Key.

" A'Kyrie, and don't let his looks fool you. Ain't nun precious about him. He one going on 21. Yo total $4 even."

" I don't believe it. He's being a good boy right now. He's not even touching anything up here, and here you go." The lady said as he handed Key a $20.

Before Key could even respond A'Kyrie leaned forward, and laid his head on Key. Causing the woman to coo.

" Awwww, see he's a good baby." She smiled at AK causing him to smile back at her.

Key opened the register, and started to count out her change.

" He putting on a front. Here, you go $16." He said trying to give her the change.

She shook her head, " Give it to him."

" Preciate it, but nah ma'am he don't need it." Key said as he gave it to her anyways.

" You want some money sweetheart?" The lady asked causing A'Kyrie to look at her shyly and nod his head.

" Here you go baby. But whatever you want with it ok?" She said as she put the money in AK's hand that was held out.

I shook my head, " Whatchu suppose to say papa?"

" Shukran lak."

" Now, in English."

" Tank you." He smiled showing off his dimple.

" You welcome baby. Withcha smart adorable self." The lady smiled waving at AK as she walked out causing him to wave back.

" You can get off of me she gone now withcho faking ass." Key said pushing AK off of him.

A'Kyrie smirked while putting up his middle finger at Key causing my mouth to drop.

" Papa who taught you dat!" I asked in a serious tone causing him to quickly point at Key.

" Fuck you snitching fa? You scared you gone get in trouble or some? I told you not to do that shit in front of ya mama." Key said smacking his hand down causing A'Kyrie to laugh.

" You know what, I'm not even gone say nun. Cause when he start going to school I'ma have em call you, not me." I said shaking my head knowing he gone be bad as fuck.

" Y'all done finishing working y'all problems out? Cause we got a flight to catch." Key said ignoring me as he look at his phone to check the time.

" Yeah, it wasn't a problem. Just me overthinking like always." I said.

" You guys leaving? Where to?" Muhammad asked.

" Atlanta, but we'll be back in a few days hopefully." I said causing him to nod his head.

" Take some snacks to go. Whatever you guys want." Muhammad said.

" Thank you, but I'm fine. I'll let AK pick out some chips or something." I said reaching for him as I grabbed him off the counter putting him down.

" Shiddd, don't mind if I do! I need some backwoods." Key said as he turned around grabbing an unopened box of Russian Cream backwoods.

" No! Just dem! You, you pay!" Muhammad said to Key.

" Fuck typa shit is dat? I've known you longer than both of dem." Key frowned.

" I like dem more. Now! Move! Get from behind my counter." Muhammad said pushing Key from behind the counter.

" Muhammad he got some chips and some juice." I said causing him to nod his head.

" $36.40" Muhammad said to Key.

" Aye gangsta let me hold $16. Ian got no cash on me right now. I'll give it back." He said to AK causing him to frown and mean mug him.

" Now you know how he is with money. Quit playing with him, and use yo card." I said with a straight face.

" All the shit I do fa you, and you can't lend me $16. Dat shit crazy my boy!" Key said shaking his head laughing as he took out his card.

" My baby don't give a fuck about nun of dat. Tell him papa. Say nun." I said trying to get him to repeat me.

" Nun." He said with he tilted as he looked up at Key.

" Ight, remember she can't save you when you by yo self." Key took card out of the machine as his receipt printed.

" Bye bye A'Kyrie." Muhammad waved.

" We don't like fa him to say bye. We say see you later instead." I said to Muhammad.

" Oh, ok. See you later lil one. Be safe you guys, and come back to see me." Muhammad waved at AK.

AK waved back as I said, " Ok, and we will."

" I won't. Nigga really made me pay fa a box of backwoods. He outta his damn mind." Key frowned as he put AK in the truck buckling him in.

Atlanta, Georgia

Me, Key, my momma, and Trey finally made it to my lawyer's office to discuss everything with him. A'Kyrie was with Ari nem while everybody else was back at Key's house waiting on us to get back.

" Ms. Cartier we're stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. The detectives was you to come in again for questioning." One of my lawyers Mr. Cohen said.

" Fa what? When I told them everything I know."

" Apparently they found out that you lied to them about not having any cameras during the whole incident. They are in a process of getting a warrant to seize the footage right now in this moment as we speak." My other lawyer Mr. Joseph said causing me to rub my hand down my face.

" So, what does that mean for her?" My mother asked.

" It depends on what information the footage holds. Is there something you're hiding from us. As your lawyers it's best to put everything out on the table, and to be honest with us. So, we can help you make this go away." Mr. Cohen said.

" I did lie about not having cameras at the time due to renovations. But I had nothing to do with my club being burned down." I said truthfully.

" Can you tell us what's on the footage?" He asked.

If I tell it was Ralo nem and his guys. Then, their going to see Ralo nem leaving out with the duffel bags full of cocaine. Which I know they're going to ask what's in them. And then, that leads back to Bezel which leads back to Julio. Which all connects to one big ass drug trafficking ring with my name in the center. Hell, who knows they probably would assume I'm doing some type of money laundering as well.

" I can't. Cause either way it goes it's going to look bad on my behalf."

" Well, how are we suppose to help you if you won't help us Ms. Cartier? We can't come up with any solutions to resolve this issue if we don't know what we're dealing with first hand.

" I don't know."

" Caliana you need to tell dese people what's on dat damn footage. You up hea acting like you can't possibly go to jail behind this." My momma fussed.

" I knew I should've left you at home with baba." I mumbled, but she still heard me clear enough.

" If his ass was hea he'll be telling ya ass the same damn thang. You being real dumb right now! Cause I know you tryna save somebody else instead of saving ya damn self. You really finna take us back down this fucking road again? Cause if so, I'm not dealing with it Caliana. I'm not! Think about yo damn child!" She yelled.

I just sighed and didn't say anything causing her to shake her head in disappointment as she stood up.

" Do whatchu wanna do. Cause I'm done with it. You a grown ass woman still making dumb ass immature ass decisions." She said as she walked out causing everybody else to just look at me.

" I'll go check on ha." Trey said getting up walking out behind her.

" How many years could I be facing if I take the blame for arson?" I asked causing Key to look up side my head.

" You're looking at 4 years with a fine up to $50,000." Mr. Joseph said.

" How long do I got to weigh out my opinions?" I asked.

" So, you really not finna tell these folks? You willing to go to jail and miss out on 4 years of AK life? I'm with Erica. You being dumb as hell right now. Just know if you do that, I'm filing fa full custody for AK." He said causing me to look at him.

" No the fuck you not!"

" Try me."

" What happened to all dat shit about you supporting me on the way hea? Now you threatening me about taking custody of A'Kyrie."

" Dat was before I knew you was thinking about taking the blame fa some you know yeen do! I'm telling you if you take the fall fa this shit I'm taking our son, and this shit is a wrap. And dat's on God." He said with a straight face letting me know he was serious.

" Can we set up a meeting with the detectives tomorrow?"

" Absolutely." My lawyers said in unison.

Once I told them the time that worked for me Key stood up leaving out before me.

" I'm so sorry about today. We normally are a loving family, but things have been hectic for us. But thank you fa y'all time." I said to them as I walked out.

" She on some other shit. You better talk to ha before I do. Cause ian gone sugarcoat shit." Key said to Trey shaking his head.

" I got ha. Just take Erica back to yo house, and I'ma talk to ha." Trey said causing Key to walk off without looking at me.

Trey looked at me as we walked out of the building towards his car. I got in not saying anything.

" Cali—" Before he could finish I cut him off.

" If you gone fuss at me just like they was doing. I can get an Uber. Cause I swear I don't wanna hear it." I said truthfully.

" I was just gone ask if you wanna go out to eat. Cause if you go back to Key house right now. Unc gone snap on yo ass." He said causing me to look at him.

" Let's go." I said knowing he wasn't lying.

We road in silence as we pulled up to some restaurant.

" Reservations for Garret." Trey said to the hostess.

" Right this way." She said as she grabbed some menus.

" Why it's so empty in hea? They food must be nasty as hell." I said as I looked around.

" It was rented out." He said.

" Why you rent out a restaurant when it's just us?" I said before he could reply my eyes immediately went to a familiar face.

" What he doing hea?" I stopped looking dead at Trey.

" I know what you tryna cover up. Drug trafficking charges that could lead back to Julio. This yo way out. By having a sit down with him." He said.

" Fuck no, I'd rather go to jail!" I said quickly turning around.

" Come onnnn Cali." Trey grabbed my arm pulling me back.

" No, I'm not having a fucking sit down with him."

" Cali look. Fuck him ight? This shit not about him, this about you! All he want is just 20 minutes. So, we gone hear his bitch ass out. Just so he can take the blame for this shit. I'm not saying you gotta forgive him or shit. If he say some shit you don't like, then we'll get up and leave no questions asked. But you gotta do this to clear yo name." Trey pleaded.

" Fine, but I'm not saying shit to him son."

Trey pulled out my chair for me before he sat down next to me.

" Wazzam, I preciate y'all fa coming." Bezel said reaching out to dap Trey up, but Trey just looked at him.

Neither one of us greeted him.

" Nigga, ian shaking yo hand. Fuck?" Trey mean mugged him.

" Caliana it's good to see you." He said as he ignored Trey.

" Aye, say whatchu gotta say, so we can go. You wasting ya 20 minutes."

" 15 minutes." I said correcting Trey with my arms crossed cause I'll be damned if I sit here any longer.

" You look beautiful Caliana. I'm glad you better." He said.

I grabbed the glass of water that was sitting in front of me. I took a sip out of it, before I threw it in his face. Then, leaned back in my chair crossing my arms again.

Bezel nodded his head as he picked up a napkin wiping his face, " I deserved dat."

" Nigga, you deserve mo den dat." Trey said.

" Look, I'm not tryna sit hea and argue or make any excuses fa what happened. I'm hea to let you know ian mean fa nun of this shit to happen, and I'm sorry. I—" I quickly cut him off.

" If you think I'm hea to listen to yo bullshit ass apologize. Then, I might as well get up and leave the table now. I just wanna know why."

" Why what?"

" Why the fuck you hid dat shit in ha club!" Trey asked.

" I wasn't thinking. Well, I was, but I was thinking selfishly. I was thinking what was best fa me. Rashad told me it wasn't a good idea, but I didn't listen. I wasn't planning on leaving it overnight or no shit like dat. Just fa a couple of hours until I got rid of the feds dat was at my warehouse. Yo club was the closest place I could get to. Ian mean to involve you in my shit."

I scoffed as I shook my head, " You definitely was thinking. You just didn't give a fuck about me or how it would effect me. You didn't care about how nun of this would make me look. M'fers think I'm a scammer and a fraud cause of you."

" You still care about what m'fers think about you I see. When you gone let dat shit go, huh? Or do you plan on going to yo grave caring about what da next m'fer think about you. Say you gotta stop caring bout other people's option luv."

" Nigga, I ought be—" Trey was finna go off, but I cut him off.

" Trey give us a minute alone please?"

" Fuck no. Ian leaving you alone with his ass." He said as he looked at me like I was crazy.

Bezel smacked his lips, " Come on nie. You know I won't do nothing to ha. Just give us a minute alone, damn!"

" Say, nigga who da fuck you talking to? Don't act like I won't knock you in yo shit again! The only reason yo ass ain't dead right now is cause of ha. Cause I would've been off'd you nigga. Hell, I still want too honestly." Trey threatened.

" Treyun! Just go, I'll be fine."

" Mchttt, ight son. Dat's da only reason I'm getting up from this table. I'll be over there once you finish wrapping shit up with him." Trey said causing me to nod my head.

He gave Bezel one last mean mug before he walked off towards the entrance of the restaurant.

" I would say why me? But I know why you chose me. You used me from the beginning. It wasn't a coincidence dat you just so happened to see me at Shy's grave dat day. Ya runners ran back and told you I was back in New Orleans, and you flew in all the way from Houston. You wanted to be the biggest kingpin, so bad. But you knew in order fa dat to happen you needed Shy's old connect. You didn't know how to get in touch with him cause he's practically a damn ghost. You knew I was the only person who could lead you right to Julio. But what I'm still trying to figure out is why stay with me after dat? When you could've just left me alone."

" Yeah, I needed you to get to Chapo. But you used me too Caliana! You only started fucking with me cause you thought I would be like Shy. But I'm not, and once you started to realize dat you wanted to change me. Pushing me to do shit, ian wanna do. Selling my artwork, and tryna get me to be a painter and shit. We both used each other, if we gone be honest. The only difference is I'm the only one who fell in love. You didn't."

I scoffed in disbelief, " Love? You didn't fucking love me. Cause had you did you would've never involved me in your bullshit. If you so called loved me, then you would've gave up streets when I gave you dat ultimatum. You never gave a fuck about me if we being honest, so miss me with dat shit son."

" I never gave a fuck about you? All cause I fucked up once. Out of all the years you've known me. Ian neva did wrong by you until this one time. Come on Caliana don't sit up hea, and down play what we had. If I didn't love you I would've never put up with the petty ass shit ya baby daddy was doing. I would've never made sure you had a stress free pregnancy. I would've never treated yo son as my own. I would've never bought another house in Atlanta just fa us to live together. Which you just up, and left not even giving me a chance to fix my mistakes. But a nigga can cheat on ya bookus of times, and dog the fuck outcha. But he get plenty of chances tho right? You can forgive him tho right? The streets raised me and made me into the man I am today. So, what the fuck I look like leaving what I'm use to when the streets the only thing that's never turned it's back on me." Bezel said causing me to frown.

" Don't sit up hea, and bring Key into this. Yeah, he's done shit in the past. But dat man ain't left my side since my wreck. At the hospital every fucking day! And where were you at huh? Nowhere to be fucking found! So, you damn right I'ma forgive him. Cause he was hea fa when da shit mattered most. I could've died! Hell, I'm suppose to be dead! Where the fuck was you when I was in the hospital fighting fa my life? Working. Work was more important than seeing if I was gone pull through or not."

" I can admit I fucked up, and this some shit I'ma regret fa the rest of my life. Cause y'all the closest thang a nigga had to a family. I know I done made my bed, so now I gotta lay in it. I'ma be a man about it, and take it under the chin. You can hate me fa the rest of yo life, and if you choose to I understand. But regardless I'ma always love you Caliana. I'm sorry I couldn't be the man you wanted me to be."

" I could possibly be going to jail for 4 years because of you! 4 fucking years away from my son! I hate you! Everything that's happened to me is because of you! You're the cause of all of this. The way I look, how I feel, what I lost, my sense of security. It's all cause of you. I truly do hate you, and I regret ever letting you back in my life." I said as I started to feel myself getting emotional.

Bezel was quiet as he started to look guilty.

" Oh, so you quiet now huh?"

" All I can say is I'm sorry fa everything. Yeen got nothing to worry about the people who did it ain't no longer walking this earth so you good. Yeen gotta live in fear no mo. I'ma make everything right." He said causing me to shake my head.

" You think your word means anything to me? Either take the blame or don't take it. I don't care. Cause regardless of what you do. I can promise you dat you'll end up getting more time than me. Cause let's not forget I got the footage of what really happened that day. So, either you own up to it or I'll get immunity and get off by giving the tapes to the police and having them lock you up for drug trafficking charges. I'm always gone make it through every storm. Cause I'm definitely one of God's favorites, and whatever I do will always work in my favor." I said getting up leaving him at the table.

I walked towards Trey and we left. Once we made it back to Key's house I was expecting everybody to be mad at me which they have a right to be, but they just hugged me instead.

" What happened? They put a warrant out for my arrest already?" I asked Kennedy asked she hugged me tightly.

" No, they cause announced that Bezel turned himself in for burning down your club. I'm so glad it's not you. Cause you was finna do the dumbest shit of your life!" Kennedy cried.

I really was finna do some dumb ass shit.

" I say we celebrate by going to going to Turkey Leg Hut tomorrow!" Fat said excitedly.

I could tell Key and my parents were still mad, but I'ma just give them their space. At least, until things calm down.

—————————

Whew, Cali was finna take 4 years🤯! Do y'all agree with Erica? Key threatening to get full custody of AK😨! Do y'all think Erica and key did too much🤔? Do y'all think the sit down was needed🧐? Do y'all agree with some of the stuff Bezel was saying🤨? What y'all think gone happen now since Bezel turned himself in🫣? How y'all feel about this chapter🤯? Let me know in the comments😌! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💞!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 62.9K 58
"πšƒπš˜ πšπš˜πš›πšπš’πšŸπšŽ πš’πšœ 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚊 πš™πš›πš’πšœπš˜πš—πšŽπš› πšπš›πšŽπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πš›πšŽπšŠπš•πš’πš£πšŽ πšπš‘πšŠπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πš›πš’πšœπš˜πš—πšŽπš› πšŠπš•πš• πšŠπš•...
2.1K 144 31
Part two to forever young love
17.8K 314 37
Just read you'll like it 🀭
637K 25.2K 24
Now I just wanna know Don't you sugarcoat I'll say it all if you won't Now could you tell me like it is? Pretty little fears Music to my ears