My captor

بواسطة Mksvsp

I had met him 5 years ago for the first time, I didn't know who he was. I didn't know his name. I couldn't ev... المزيد

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
Author's note.
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 9

861 29 5
بواسطة Mksvsp

It's finally lunch time.

Since morning, I've either been pacing around everywhere, thinking of what I can do to prevent my marriage from Matteo or staring at this gun and what Matteo had said.

I  go out of Matteo's room, keeping the gun on the table near the window overlooking the skyline of the city and make my way downstairs, making sure to be cautious.

The two guards I saw this morning were standing near the elevator and outside Matteo's office.

Instead of going to Matteo's office and asking him anything about lunch, I go straight to the kitchen and see what's available right now or what's the status of lunch.

Apparently, nothing is ready so I'm guessing either we will order from out or someone will be making lunch.

If I'd try to make something, I might burn the whole penthouse down.

Once I burned something in the microwave. In the microwave! And clear instructions were even written on top but my dumbass obviously messed that up as well.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I think about what I should do but nothing comes to my mind. I mean, I don't know what to do. Should I just go to Matteo's office and ask him about lunch or should I just wait around for him to tell me what's the plan?

Instead of doing either of those, I go and sit on the sofa, grabbing the TV remote and figuring out how to turn this thing on.

After I finally figure it out, I go on Netflix and play How I Met Your Mother. It's my favourite show and this is one big TV so it'll be fun watching it on this.

But I regret playing it as soon as I do because the volume is on fucking full and I think I just lost the ability to hear because my ears!

Both the guards startle, their hands going on their guns as look towards me with a shock look. But what embarrass me the most is that even Matteo comes out of his office with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry," I cringe internally as I turn down the volume. Fuck. Me.

Matteo's face softens as he glances at me and back at the TV. He stalks over to where I'm sitting and then studies what's being played on the TV before looking back at me.

"Enjoying?" He asks.

"Very," I reply with my gaze is on the TV as I refuse to make eye contact with him. Heat creeps up my cheeks and I already know they're red.

"What's the status for lunch?" I blurt out.

Even though my eyes are on the TV, I feel Matteo sit down on the sofa, next to me. Heat from his body slightly coming towards me.

"Luca's going to bring it, he's on his way. I've ordered Chinese, hope you won't mind." He informs me and I just nod.

Neither of us says anything and after a while I can feel his eyes aren't on me anymore so I peak a small glance at him and see his gaze fixed on How I Met Your Mother.

The scene where Ted meets Robin comes on and I watch his reaction but it remains blank.

I try to focus on the show but my gaze keeps on drifting back to my captor who is sitting next to me right now.

After a while I feel him lean closer towards me and my heart starts to beat faster. Traitor.

"What exactly am I watching right now?" He whisper questions and I move my head towards him.

"How I Met Your Mother," I whisper back and he nods.

"And what would that be?" He asks again after a few seconds in a whisper.

"Well it's a sit-com, one of my absolute favourite."

He looks at me with a puzzled look. "Sit-com?"

I sign softly. "Comedy series." I explain.

His mouth forms a small O before he smiles and fuck because it legit takes my breath away, making it hitch.

I clear my throat and both of us focuses back on the show. Well at least Matteo focuses, I, on the other hand, keep glancing at him from the corner of my eyes.

He seems to be genuinely interested in the show. Hmm. Suddenly I wanna spoil the whole show for him but I'm not that cruel. Maybe I'll tell him the mother's name, we'll see.

The scene comes up where Ted acts like a fucking idiot and tells Robin he is falling in love with her even though he isn't actually falling in love with her and at the same time the doors to the elevator opens.

"What the fuck?" Matteo says in the same tone everyone else does in the show.

I look at him in amusement before a voice from behind us comes.

"You guys are watching  Netflix without me?" Luca asks in disbelief and mock hurt as he looks at us, a paper bag in his hand probably with the food.

"Why're you here?" Matteo asks, bored somehow.

Luca widens his eyes a bit and lifts the paper bag, shaking it a little, answering. I let out a soft chuckle and immediately Matteo looks at me, his eyes soft.

"What?"

He shakes his head, smiling now and my heart flutters at his smile. "Nothing, darling."

Matteo's gaze goes back to Luca and he motions for him to come towards the sofa. Luca twists his face in an expression but comes anyway.

Though instead of sitting on the sofa he sits on the carpet, right in front of the table, his back to the show, and puts the bag on it.

First he takes out a paper box which looks way too similar and then a few boxes of  Chinese take out but my gaze is fixed on that pink paper box.

"Wait a minute..." I trail off, my eyes widening in realisation. "They're the muffins I ate the last time I was here. They're like heaven!" I exclaimed.

Just like Luca, even I go and sit on the carpet, grabbing the box like a predator catching its prey.

Abruptly I open them and smell the same muffins I've been dying to have since five goddamn years.

After I left New York, I was never allowed to visit due to some mafia problems. These were the best muffins I have had in my entire life and wanted more of them but couldn't find anything as good anywhere. I tried to remake it too or well had Mia try and remake something like that for me but they were never as good.

I grab one of the chocolate chip muffin and take a huge bite out of him, making a satisfied sound.

"You should get a room with that muffin," Luca teases.

I stopped chewing and looked at him. "Oh trust me, I will." Luca chuckles.

He moves forward and opens up all the take out food, giving me one with Garlic Hakka Noodles. The smell of the food is so fucking magical, goddamn. I could eat twenty boxes of these and still not get full.

The fork is on the other side of the table so I have to bend forward but I still can't reach it since the table is digging into my stomach and hurting me.

But I'm close to getting it so I don't give up until a shadow comes over me and Matteo grabs the fork for me.

"I could've gotten it myself," I mutter with a slight frown on my face as I take the fork from him.

Matteo stands up and take one of the cupcake from the box before going off to his office.  Luca smiles at me softly before digging into his food. 

We both eat in silent for a while before he takes the TV remote from the table and turns around to look at the television. A shock expression takes place on his face before he looks back at me. 

"You like How I Met Your Mother?" He asks me and I nod in return. 

He continues the first episode and I feel like I should call Matteo to have him continue the episode too but decide against it.

It's like at moments I need to remind myself that I hate that guy. 

Instead of focusing on my thoughts, I go back to eating my food--which did I mention is beyond good? Like damn. I have no clue where Luca got this food from but I'm definitely having food from this restaurant again. 

The second episode of the series start and Luca and I laugh at a few scenes together before going back to eating out food.

Halfway through the second episode, Matteo comes back outsides and sits at his spot that he  was sitting on before he went inside earlier. He grabs one of the containers and have the same noodles I'm having. My gaze goes to what Luca is having and they're dumplings. 

We all eat together and even though I started eating first, I'm the last one to finish eating. 

Taking one of the tissue lying on the table, I clean my hand and look at both Matteo and Luca who are busy watching at the show. Wow, two members of the most dangerous mafia watching a sit-com while eating with me. I laugh out loud at that thought and both of them turn to me. 

Matteo arches an eyebrow as if asking something funny?  because the scene going on in the episode right now is not funny at all.

Quickly I think of something and tug at the t-shirt I'm wearing which belongs to Matteo. "I need a change of clothes." 

He nods smiling slightly and the things that smile does to me. Fucks sake. 

As he stands up, it comes to me how small and tiny, sitting down on the carpet, I must look to him right now. I stand up, ignoring the hand he placed forward for me to take.

"Where's your gun?" He frowns.

Wait. Where is my gun? Fuck fuck fuck. My eyes widen and I look around panicking before looking back at Matteo but he's just smiling at me with soft eyes instead of being worried.

"You lost it." He answers for me. 

"Uh no!" I lie a little too fast in a high pitch voice and Luca tries to suppress his laugh. 

Matteo crosses his arms his front of his chest and arches an eyebrow at me. "Oh really? Then where is it?" He questions, his voice filled with amusement.

"In this penthouse," I answer, lifting my head up a little as if I'm proud of what I just said even though I hate the lame answer I gave. I hope there isn't a grimace on my face.

He chuckles softly. "Darling there are about 5 rooms in this penthouse, one of which belongs to me, one where you stayed for the night and other three guest rooms are for my best friend, Bianca and Luca, respectively, which you haven't entered inside as they are locked." He stops and points at the door on his office. "That room is my office and you have not entered it after receiving the gun. You have entered the kitchen to see whats for lunch otherwise you would not have asked me what is for lunch and then you sat here on this sofa."

He stops again and looks around at the sofa and the carpet before looking back at me and smiling. "I do not see the gun here and I know for sure that you have left it in my room after I've given you the gun so my guess is..." He acts as if he is thinking. "...either the side table near the gate to the closet, on the bed, in the closet between my suits or on the table thats near the window." 

I gape at him and look at Luca. He just shrugs and laughs. 

"Don't look at me. Your fiancé has been like this ever since I can remember. It's annoying as fuck." He rolls his eyes and I look back at Matteo. 

"He's not my fiancé," I correct Luca and Matteo's smile only widens.

"Darling we haven't been married yet. You can't consider me your husband so soon," he teases me and for some reason, the way he is looking at me, I feel heat rush up my cheeks and ears. Fucks sake.

"Aww, you turned her into a tomato," Luca mocks as he laughs but instead of joining in on the joke Matteo glares at him which makes Luca laugh more. I flip Luca off and he places a hand over his heart faking hurt. 

"Ella, go upstairs to the room you were staying in last night." Matteo orders "There is a bag on the bed for you and you can change into those clothes for your flight."

He looks at me, his eyes keeping my feet locked to the ground and preventing me from moving. His eyes are honestly very gorgeous. I don't know how to explain it but its this feeling I get whenever I look at them. Its fucking unexplainable. 

At this point I don't want to move my eyes away from his or look at anything but him. He's like a painting. Capturing you inside his world the moment you look at him. 

"Guys.." a voice breaks through my thoughts and it takes me less than a second to look away from Matteo. Literally anywhere but at the man in front of me. 

"Now that your staring contest is finally over," He begins. "I wanted to ask if Matteo told you that I will be accompanying you to Chicago?" 

I frown and immediately look at Matteo before looking back at Luca.

"No. You're not coming with me." I say very slowly.

He glances at Matteo helpless but I already know Matteo is looking at me. "I'm afraid it's not in my hand." 

I wave a hand. "Honestly, I don't care. I just want to go and meet my sisters and Author." 

And without turning back or looking at either of them, I make my way to the room for a change of clothes.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

61K 1.2K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
313K 2.6K 6
Warning ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️this is not a happy ending book, the male lead in this book is evil to the end. Explicit mature themes, kidnapping, manipulation, bo...
1.1K 18 11
This isn't really a love story... ~~~~~ "Hey! What the fuck is wrong with you? You can clearly see I'm upset!" He looks over to me and smirks. "You l...
116K 4.2K 59
||C O M P L E T E D|| || A Mafia generic story, in addition with new aspects and divergence|| ||Slow editing|| ~*~ "I am...