Life of the Savior - A Naruto...

By AmosUzumaki

2 Ninjas start their Shinobi lives in chaos, one didn't have parents from birth and the other lost them as a... More

Hi Everyone!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
That Special thing I was gonna give you adorable Reader-Chan's
Chapter 8
Chapter... 9, Holy shoot!
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Edited)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 23

97 4 0
By AmosUzumaki

Third POV

A single leaf, greener than the grass, floated between the 2 prodigies. When it landed, their battle commenced. And yet, it took what seemed like an eternity for that one leaf to fall.

The moment was silent as night, a ripple so small compared to the 2 forces that clashed; one to avenge, one to protect. 

BAM!!!

Naruto and Sasuke spun around each other, trying every single trick in their arsenal. Of course, Naruto had the sheer power and experience to win. And yet, Sasuke had the skill of a true Uchiha Prodigy; and more importantly, NOTHING held him back. He had nothing to lose anyway.

It's time to use my chakra, Naruto.

I know.  He really must have trained a lot. Naruto thought.

"I never should have taught you tricks." Naruto smiled.

"Never trust anyone." Sasuke smirked, but his eyes told a different story. Only someone like Naruto could tell what that meant.

No, actually. Never trust anyone.

Naruto took the message by replying, "Oh yes, sensei. I know that, and I'll follow it until the day I die. Shall I spar with you once my abilities are better?" Sarcasm seeped out of his voice, but Naruto could sense that Sasuke understood.

 I got it, Don't trust anyone. We'll spar once again.

//Time-skip because I'm tired//

The Valley of the end was filled with holes, cracks, and other signs of damage. The 2 fighters too were scratched up, for the damage had not left them alone. Sasuke's cheek had a bloody gash, and Naruto's old scars had started to burn. He had a new would right under where his bangs stood.

Their arms and legs were scratched up, and Sasuke's shoulder was limp. But with his left hand, Sasuke held a chidori

(A/N: ok, here we go again, cue the Sadness and Sorrow - OST soundtrack, pull the curtains and my curly hair up, stretch my fingers, and hope I don't get copyrighted.)

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" It was not Naruto who yelled, but Sasuke.

"WHY ARE YOU SO FIXATED ON ME?"

"Because you're my best friend." Naruto smiled, heartbroken that Sasuke wouldn't come back to the leaf village.

"This is it Sasuke, it's the last chance I can beg Tsunade for." Naruto warned, desperation lacing his voice.

"This is the last chance for me."

"No. It's the only chance for ME." Sasuke smiled wickedly. "I can grow stronger in my own way, I don't need you, scavenger. Now MOVE." Sasuke raised his chidori, ready to pounce.

"Love ya too, kitty cat. But nope." Naruto raised his rasengan.

And they charged.

(A/N: lovely cliffhanger that I hate, but this doesn't work)

The world waited with baited breath as the 2 shinobi charged with their respective finishing strikes. A flash beamed as they met, but...

Naruto's rasengan fizzled out.

His form went limp.

The red chakra enclosing his body vanished.

Blood spattered from his heart, and he coughed out blood.

Sasuke's chidori fizzled out as well, as his mind tried to comprehend the stupid thing Naruto had done. Panic immediately seized the Uchiha, and his body started shaking.

"S-stop shaking, ya idiot. It hurts more." Naruto coughed as he steadied Sasuke's arm in his chest.

"Y-YOU IDIOT! WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Sasuke shrieked. Naruto winced as the sound nearly broke his eardrums.

"W-wait what are you-" Naruto cried out in pain as Sasuke pulled his hand away. He picked up the limp Uzumaki and started his way back to the village. 

"Shut up and listen to me. Tell Kurama or whatever the hell his name is to sustain you until I can get you to Tsunade." Sasuke ordered as he jumped twice as fast as Naruto had when the latter had originally come. At that rate, he could be in the village in about 5 minutes.

Naruto's gasps slowly became laboured and heavy, and he coughed up blood more often.

"Please Naruto, hold on for 5 damn minutes!" Sasuke begged, tears started to sting his eyes. He held his hand to Naruto's chest in a pathetic attempt to stop the bleeding, but Naruto appreciated the action all the same.

"Hold on." Naruto breathed as he touched Sasuke's shoulder, and shun-shinned them both to training ground 7. Sasuke's knees crumbled as sheer exhaustion overtook him.

"I have things to finish." Naruto clenched his fist as his legs slowly lost feeling. Then he calmed his breathing to a less severe rhythm, and went through hand signs.

Sasuke was at the end of his wits. He relinquished his pride and ego and yelled, "KAKASHI!!!" as loud as his frayed lungs would allow.

Elsewhere...

Kakashi felt a chakra-caused pang in his chest and a sharp, desperate "KAKASHI!!!" in the distance, and his heart stopped for real. He knew what happened to Naruto. He immediately shunshinned to Training Ground 7, and found Sasuke with eyes streaming in the clearing trying to keep Naruto alive. 

And blood.

So much blood.

Kakashi's head swam at the scent, bringing a much more painful memory. But he shook it aside and ran over.

The sight made him choke back bile. Naruto was breathlessly gasping as Sasuke held both hands on his chest trying to stop the bleeding.

"I'm going to take Naruto to Tsunade. You are going to stay here and explain stuff when I come back." Kakashi ordered.

Sasuke fell onto Naruto and clutched his reddening vest, wishing he could stay longer.

Kakashi picked Naruto up, held him bridal style, and shunshinned away.

Sasuke fell over in exhaustion and shock. He couldn't hold on anymore, and his eyes closed.

A strange feeling rose in his guts. A weight so heavy he could not bear it. 

You killed someone. A voice echoed in his mind. 

YOU. You've become like Itachi. Killing the innocent. Murdering friends, family, loved ones. Sasuke whimpered, all traces of dignity leaving as panic overcame him.

His brain couldn't handle it, and he fell unconcious.

Elsewhere...

"GET ME THE IV LINE, I WANT THE BEST MEDICS AT MY COMMAND NOW!!!" Tsunade roared as she rolled the slowly dying Uzumaki into room 0, the most secure room in the entirety of the hospital usually reserved for the hokage themselves or someone important to the village.

"Naruto you better stay with me or I'll dig up Minato's body and hang him publicly." Tsunade threatened, and Naruto just shuddered; Tsunade couldn't tell if he reacted to her words or he was cold.

"That is painful. I'll make sure to tell pops that you did that." Naruto muttered, then yelped as Tsunade hit his leg gently.

//time-skip while Tsunade runs around and gets a medic pyramid thingy on Naruto to keep him alive//

"We're losing him, Tsuande-San!" A medic cried from one of the corners. 

"Not enough chakra, Tsunade-San!" Another yelled.

"GRAHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Said woman roared in rage. Naruto had passed out, turned deathly pale, and his fingers were barely twitching. 

Suddenly, a huge mass of red chakra rose from his body, taking the shape of the kyuubi.

"DON'T MOVE, CONTINUE THE FLOW OF CHAKRA!" Tsunade ordered, then yelled at the kyuubi, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY, WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO GIVE?" Tsunade started to cry. 

Kurama rolled his eyes. 

"Pathetic. Now shut up, and don't tell Naruto I did this." Kurama boomed. He gently licked Naruto's forehead, leaving a seal on. Then he merged himself into the green chakra dome, turning it into a murky brown color. The pyramid collapsed, and rapidly sucked into Naruto's heart. His eyes shot open and he screamed, his back arching off the bed.

Tsunade held him down, confused beyond comprehension. 

Then Naruto lay still, and as Tsunade looked at his face in worry, his wide, crazed eyes rolled to her. He opened his mouth, "I love you Baa-chan."

And he exploded in light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 4.1K 22
Naruto was neglected and was bullied and abuse in "his" own village and "his" family neglected "him" for "his" two siblings menma and mina. What is g...
955 29 12
After having her whole clan destroyed a young female ninja was forced to harbor not only a demon but a god. She would have to choose good or evil in...
2.1K 59 22
What is a Shinobi? Misaki often finds herself questioning that. From a small village, she had no choice but to become a ninja. Her leader needed her...
781 80 30
The story of a special kid who journeys to find out the purpose of life, along with his friends, in the village hidden in the leaves, in the world of...