A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)

By kinato_

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathom... More

Chapter 1 - The Opening
Chapter 2 - First Introductions
Chapter 3 - The Student Council President
Chapter 4 - An Unusual Outing
Chapter 5 - Class Leaders
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Study Group
Chapter 8 - A New Goal
Chapter 9 - Midterms
Chapter 10 - Bad News
Chapter 11 - The Trial
Chapter 12 - Silver Lining
SS.1 - Growth (Horikita)
Chapter 13 - A Break
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Exam (1)
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Exam (2)
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Exam (4)
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Exam (5)
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Exam (6)
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)
Chapter 21 - A Day Off
Chapter 22 - Zodiac Exam (1)
Chapter 23 - Zodiac Exam (2)
Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)
Chapter 25 - Zodiac Exam (Finale)
Chapter 26 - Sazae-san Syndrome
Chapter 27 - The Beginning
Chapter 28 - A Leader
Chapter 29 - Ability
SS.2 - Behind a Mask (Kushida)
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - The Renegade
Chapter 32 - The Show Begins
Chapter 33 - Challenges
Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks
Chapter 35 - Breakpoint
Chapter 36 - Farce
Chapter 36.5 - Small Talk
Chapter 37 - Collapse
Chapter 38 - Negotiations
Chapter 39 - Elites
Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)
Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)
Chapter 42 - Paper Shuffle
Chapter 43 - The Changing Class D
Chapter 44 - Proposition
Chapter 45 - A Warning
Chapter 46 - Indignity
Chapter 47 - Vengeance
Chapter 48 - The Cunning
SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)
Chapter 49 - Pursuer
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence
Chapter 51 - A Club Members Duties
Chapter 52 - A Senior's Wish
Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage
Chapter 54 - The Final Act Begins
Chapter 55 - The Pain of Hope
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 58 - Dread
Chapter 59 - Bloom
Chapter 60 - Preparation
News
Chapter 61 - Initiation
Chapter 62 - A Good Gift
Chapter 63 - A Christmas Date? Pt.1
Chapter 64 - A Christmas Date? Pt.2

Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)

1.7K 94 39
By kinato_

(Day 2, 5:45 am, Ayanokouji Kioytaka, POV)

It was quite early in the morning before anyone had woken up yet.

I quietly got up from the mass of bodies inside the tent and stepped outside.

The sun had not yet begun to rise; the air on the island was still cool from the long night. Not many beings on this island would be awake at this time.

I walked over to the class's pile of bags. We had all decided to place our belongings in one big pile outside our tents to make more room for people inside them.

As I approached the pile, I quietly rummaged through all the bags, looking for one in particular.

After a few moments of scouring through all the bags, I found my target.

Ibuki's bag.

Ever since meeting her suspiciously by our camp yesterday, I've had my doubts about her. The best way to confirm her motives for staying with our class would be inside her bag. I opened up the bag to find nothing special, just extra changes of clothes, a flashlight and... a camera?

I never got a clear look at the manual, but I'm sure a digital camera was an item you could buy.

Why would she need a camera?

I conjured up several possibilities in my mind as to why Ibuki would need a camera for this deserted island test. After a few moments, a few clear possibilities surfaced in my mind.

I flipped the camera around to check for its power source. On the bottom of the camera, I found a rental sticker and its power port.

Quickly opening it, I checked that it had no data, which meant it hadn't been used.

I stuffed the camera into the bag and placed it back on the pile, it was nearing 6 am now, and I wouldn't want to be labeled a pervert looking through someone's bag.

Leaving the mass pile of bags, I went to return to my tent, but as soon as I did, a silent rustling of leaves caught my attention coming from behind me.

I turned my gaze to see what could be moving around at this time.

Mere moments later and a face emerged from the thicket of leaves.

"Oh? Ayanokouji? What are you doing up this early?"

It was Fukumoto. What could he be doing up this early?

"I could say the same to you. You seem to have been moving around for a while."

I pointed to his damp clothing that clung to his body. No doubt, he had been sweating for some time now, which had to mean he had to have woken up before me. But he never alerted me when he left the tent. Fukumoto would have to be an expert in sneaking around to not alert me.

"Well, I claimed the spot early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. So, I went for a little swim."

So, he had woken up before me to reclaim our spot. But, even so, to swim by yourself for almost 2 hours seems odd.

"I see. Well, everyone should be waking up for role call soon, so I'll go freshen up."

I turned away from the tent and headed to a secluded spot by the stream to prepare myself for the day ahead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(6:45 am, Fukumoto Akio, POV)

By now, most of our class had woken up.

It was quite early to walk up at 6:45 am for some people. But, waking up early and accomplishing a few tasks before the morning roll call would be essential in passing this test.

Hirata bought some fishing equipment yesterday to hopefully try and use fewer points on meal kits during our test.

So, Ayanokouji, Sudo, Ike, and I took the equipment and headed down to the stream to see if there was a chance of catching any food.

We set up near the widest part of the stream, hoping that any fish would be around to catch.

Ike and I would take the first shift in trying to catch some fish while Ayanokouji and Sudo waited on the bank of the stream for their turns.

"OI, OI! I think I caught something big!" Ike screamed in excitement that he caught a fish before anyone. "Someone come and help me!"

I instinctively threw my fishing rod to Ayanokouji and went to help Ike.

Sudo followed right after me, and with our collective strength, we gave one strong pull on the line.

With our pull, Sudo and I stumbled back and crashed into the ground.

"What the hell, Ike!"

Sudo immediately vented his anger at Ike, who was triumphantly holding...

A very, very, small fish.

"You told us it was a big catch! My fingers are bigger than that!"

"What? It felt like a big catch on the line..."

"Are you really that weak, Ike!?"

Sudo immediately charged at Ike in frustration attempting to put him into a chokehold.

"I thought I heard some familiar voices."

All of our attention turned further downstream as someone approached us.

The leader of Class B, Kanzaki Ryuji.

"How are you, Fukumoto-kun, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Trying to survive," I gave a joking response back to Kanzaki, while Ayanokouji offered a small wave.

Sudo and Ike quickly settled their dispute and silently watched the interaction unfold before them.

"Why are you here?" Ayanokouji was the first to question his sudden appearance.

It was rather suspicious for Kanzaki to just be wandering around fairly close to our campsite before roll call.

"I was following the stream from my class's campsite."

"Is that it?" I asked the violet-colored hair man.

"I also did want to see the progress of Class D. Not for any advantages during this test, though."

"Huh. So this stream follows back to Class B's campsite?"

"Almost. There's a large tree trunk close to the end, and if you turn right from there, you can find our campsite."

"So, how'd you know where our class's campsite was?" Ayanokouji interjected.

"Members of my class have been searching the near vicinity. They told me not too far out from our own camp was Class D's, but I told them I'd be the one to approach your camp. Not a random stranger."

"Are you alright just telling us where your campsite is?" I jumped back into the conversation.

Kanzaki gave a slight shrug in response. "I don't particularly mind. I believe we have a good relationship at the moment, so I trust you. You can even stop by if you want."

"Isn't it rather early to start trusting a rival class; that's also trying to reach Class A?"

"You may be right, Fukumoto-kun. But, at the moment, the score difference between our classes is too drastic for me to worry about our class standing."

He was completely right. We have a pretty good relationship, and part of that was because Class D posed no threat to Class B. But if more tests like this were to happen and Class D miraculously gained a lot of points, we'd have to re-evaluate our relationship with Class B.

"It's close to role call. So, I'll be heading back to my class."

As quickly as he came, Kanzaki left to rejoin his class.

But, getting reliable information about the whereabouts of Class B's base of operations could be useful for the test.

I turned back to face my companions, "we should probably head back too. Maybe, you'll get some praise for the massive fish you caught, Ike."

"Hey! That sounded sarcastic!"

"What... I could never..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role call went smoothly.

No one from any class was late or missing, so no points were lost.

As soon as attendance was confirmed by the teachers, all the classes dispersed back into the dense forest.

But, there was something off.

There was someone, no, more like two people following behind our class as we made our way back to the campsite.

I don't think anyone else noticed their presence. And I didn't know if they were a threat or not, so I decided to leave them until they made a move.

Only a few moments after our class made it back to our campsite, the individuals following us stepped out from the bushes.

"Will you look at these idiots!"

The entire class's attention turned to the intruders.

"I know, right! They're barely even living, just for some measly class points. Must really suck being part of class defects."

It was Kondo and Komiya. Two of the 'victims' in Sudo's trial. They were definitely trying to stir up the morale of the class. Those cheap tricks wouldn't work on most, but considering the conditions our class was living in, it would start to chip away at some people's mental state.

"Oi! Why you two!"

Sudo was the first to fall victim to their mind games and made his way toward them with his fists balled.

I quickly stepped in front of Sudo to stop him from doing anything drastic. "Don't, Sudo. They're just trying to get a rise out of us."

"But... why can't I just pound them into the ground..."

"I said stop, Sudo."

Sudo grumbled a few words under his breath, but eventually, he backed off and went inside one of the tents.

"If you really want to live the good life," Komiya picked back up his act, "come to the beach if you want to live the good life!"

Both Kondo and Komiya kicked some of the dirt in front of them at us and turned on their heels to head back to their campsite.

"Well, that was unexpected."

Ayanokouji appeared at my side and gave his remarks about the situation.

"Indeed, it wouldn't hurt to take them up on their offer, though."

Horikita mysteriously appeared at my side too. I must be losing my edge if these two could appear beside me.

"Wait. Are we actually going to go to their camp?"

"Did you not pay attention to what I just said?"

"Eh..." I rubbed the back of my neck while responding, "I just tend to tune out useless information."

"Tch," Horikita gave her signature response to my remark.

It really didn't bother me that we were all going to check out their campsite now. I was planning to do it sometime during this test anyways, better now than never.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk to Class C's campsite wasn't too bad, but Horikita uncharacteristically struggled along the way. Which was something that did concern me.

Once we were in sight of Class C's campsite, I was extremely surprised at their strategy.

They were truly living a life of lavishness and luxury. There were multiple grills, volleyball nets, and supplies for fun in the water too.

Everyone seemed to be having an enjoyable time as they had good food, drinks, and activities.

From the looks of it though, Class C would have had to spend a majority of their points to live like this. Were they truly dismissing this test? Or did they have another plan?

"Oh? Have the lowlifes finally arrived?"

A man lying on a foldable beach chair directly in front of us called to us.

Horikita, Ayanokouji, and I stepped closer to him.

"Hello, Ryuuen-kun."

Horikita was the first and only one to address him.

"My, my, Suzune, I thought we were past those formalities."

"I didn't give you permission to call me by my given name."

"Oh? Do you need a place to unwind? I can have a tent made for us if you want?" Ryuuen said while placing his hand over his crotch.

"What are you getting at?" I finally spoke up.

"I'm asking if she wants to..."

"Not that," I quickly cut him off, "with how you're going about this test."

"I don't particularly care about this test," Ryuuen snapped his fingers as he said so, and immediately a boy jumped from playing volleyball to rush into a tent. "Instead of groveling and living a wasteful life like your class, I decided to have fun."

"By blowing through all your points?"

"Precisely."

The boy emerged from the tent with a bottle of sparkling water and handed it to Ryuuen.

Ryuuen immediately opened the bottle and poured it on the lad's head.

"I wanted a cold one."

"Sorry, I'll go get a cold one."

The boy ran off back to the tent to retrieve another sparkling water.

"Ryuuen-kun, do you happen to know someone named Ibuki-san from your class?"

I see; Horikita also used the opportunity of coming to Class C's camp to get information regarding Ibuki.

"That scumbag? If I remember correctly, she and one other boy didn't like my strategy, so I punished them."

"So, that bruise on her face was your fault?" Horikita pressured Ryuuen more.

"Maybe. But, you could never prove it."

Horikita continued to question Ryuuen while Ayanokouji sat back and listened.

I took the moment to look around at Class C's camp, it truly was amazing the difference in our class's lifestyle. The test was all about freedom, so I guess this could be considered a strategy.

A light tap came from my right shoulder. I turned around to see the culprit as I was met by a familiar face.

"Hey, Fukumoto-kun."

It was Nishino, the girl I had recently met on the cruise ship.

"Oh, hey, Nishino..."

My eyes wandered down as I was taken by surprise. Nishino had dawned a rather revealing bikini that clung tightly against her body. Honestly, it was a sight to behold, but I couldn't keep staring, or else she'd think I'm like Yamauchi.

"Oi, eyes up here, you pervert."

Nishino gave me a chop to the head to bring me back to my senses.

"Sorry, sorry. If I may say, you do look very nice, though."

A slight pink blush appeared on her cheeks as I complimented her, "don't say stuff like that..."

There was an awkward pause between us after the recent events.

But Nishino quickly recovered and spoke up again, "so... how's the test going?"

"Definitely not as easy as your experience."

"Yeah, I guess we do got it easier than you guys, from what I've heard."

"Hopefully, we can get resul..."

"Fukumoto-kun we're going."

It seems Horikita and Ayanokouji had finished up their chat with Ryuuen now and were heading out.

"Sorry, Nishino, but duty calls," I gave a quick wave goodbye and caught back up with my group.

"Who were you talking to" Horikita eagerly wanted to know about Nishino.

"Oh, just someone I met back on the cruise ship."

"Don't go getting mixed up or getting feelings for someone in another class."

"Wait. Who decided to make you my mom?"

"Your humor is like a toddler's. Anyways, I can't believe Ryuuen; he's an utter fool for wasting his points."

"But it is a viable strategy," Ayanokouji spoke up.

"Why?"

"Well, this test is about freedom, so he can spend points how he pleases. And, since we can't go into negative points, I assume they'll keep living a luxurious life and then all retire, getting the opportunity of a real summer vacation."

That was a good strategy. If you never cared about getting any class points, in the beginning, spending them all and retiring would be a viable option to have a good summer vacation. But, knowing Ryuuen's personality, I highly doubt that's his main plan.

"Well, we've got one more place to go to."

"And where is that?" I asked Horikita.

"Class B's camp."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The walk to Class B's campsite was horrible.

To have to walk back to where we came from and then walk even more was getting annoying.

But nonetheless, we made it to Class B's campsite.

Arriving at their campsite, you could definitely see the strength of unity in this class.

Everyone seemed to be fulfilling their duties whether it was prepping meals, watching over the fire, or getting water. It seems they had a few hammocks hung between trees for their sleeping quarters. Which was a good idea considering hammocks cost far less than tents.

There was also a portable toilet nearby with a shower, a few grills here and there, and even a well.

Class B was taking this test very seriously.

"Hello~ Ayanokouji-kun! Horikita-san!"

We were greeted by a familiar angelic voice as we entered the campgrounds Ichinose had already noticed Ayanokouji and Horikita and welcomed them into the camp.

"Ha! Fukumoto-kun!"

Ichinose finally noticing my presence broke out into a little sprint to reach us. Surprisingly she ran right past Ayanokouji and Horikita straight to me and...

Hugged me...

There was no way this was real for her to openly hug me in front of all these people. I mean we're not that close, right? My head was definitely spinning, and I could feel a slight warmth develop in my cheeks.

"Hey... um... Ichinose? This is a little unexpected..."

My words seemed to hit Ichinose's ears with shock because as soon as I said those words her grip around me dropped in an instant, and her face was covered in a bright red hue.

"Oh... I'm sorry... I got a little too excited," Ichinose replied sheepishly.

"Seems like you have already made your presence known."

Horikita called out to me as Ayanokouji and Kanzaki walked toward us too.

"Yeah..." I replied.

"It seems you decided to take me up on my offer and visit our camp," Kanzaki immediately got down to business with us three.

"Indeed, your offer was most generous," Horikita continued, "but that's not all. We wanted to know if Class B would be interested in entering a cooperative relationship with Class D for the foreseeable future."

Kanzaki and Ichinose gave each other a quick glance at this development.

It wasn't a bad proposition from Horikita. Having one less rival to worry about would make our chances of winning easier.

Kanzaki returned his gaze to us three and replied with a nod. "I can't see why as to refuse."

Horikita and Kanzaki shook hands in agreement, thus beginning our cooperative relationship with Class B.

"As you can see," Kanzaki continued, "we are doing fairly well for supplies, and I suspect our group can finish with about 200 points."

"That's quite a large sum of class points, I have one question though, have you adopted a stray into your campsite?"

"Oh, are you talking about Kaneda-kun from Class C?" Ichinose jumped in. "We found him near the camp with a few bruises on the first day. So, we took him in and offered to take care of him for the time being."

Ayanokouji, Horikita, and I all traded glances upon hearing this.

"We have someone from Class C who has a similar story. We found her injured near our camp, and she is also from Class C. These stories seem too similar to be coincidental," I said.

Kanzaki seemed to ponder over this new information for a second, "well, I suggest we keep our distance from them for now. For all we know, they could be pawns in Ryuuen's plot."

"Before we go," seems like Horikita was ready to leave now, "do you have any information about Class A's whereabouts."

"Oh! I know where they are!" Ichinose excitedly rejoined the conversation.

After we exchanged information, we turned to leave for Class A's campsite.

"Seriously Horikita... Why do we gotta walk so much?"

"Quite your whining, Fukumoto-kun. It's essential to this exam."

"Fine," I muttered under my breath. I had been traveling this island for a while now, so it was unfair to be grouped up with two people who seemed to be doing the bare minimum.

Just as I was about to break into the dense shrubbery for the thousandth time today, a slender hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Um... Fukumoto-kun?"

I was pulled back by an embarrassed Ichinose. Her gaze lingered everywhere but never met mine directly. No doubt, the incident earlier was still weighing on her mind, and talking to me in front of her class only added to the pressure.

"I was wondering," Ichinose continued, "that when we finally finish this exam if you would like to hang out on the ship for a bit?"

Wait...

Did she ask me to 'hang out' as in with friends as friends or 'hang out' as more than friends and alone?

Honestly, why can't girls give off clearer signals?

But, any chance to hang out with the Ichinose with friends or not could not go to waste.

"Sure! Message me the time and place."

And with that, I left to rejoin my squad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

HIIIII

its been awhile! hope you are all doing well

i got 4 finals coming up with the last one being on the 19th so it may be awhile till the next chapter is posted, but then i got a break till january so ima write alot!

i tried my best to finish this chapter in between studying so i hope you all enjoy it

until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 440 106
Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and Class S finally graduate from ANHS...but his freedom has yet to be achieved. Though originally, he planned on returning to t...
40.9K 3.3K 28
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the Masterpiece of the White Room has gone missing, disappearing into thin air one night before the end of spring break. His whe...
23.8K 1K 12
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. A demon in the fourth generation and a masterpiece of the White Room. He always relied only on himself and did not count on anyon...
112K 2.9K 30
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a mysterious individual. Despite being at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School where you can get any job you...