Lady Dimitrescu vs Karl Heise...

By SamV73

[an alternate Route to the first book] desperation flew into them like the storm of Lycans that had trapped t... More

chapter one: I kept my promise.
chapter two: new world order
chapter three: the garden of healing
chapter four: an unsettling joy.
ATTENTION! REWORK IN PROGRESS!! (A/N)
chapter six: preparing for a rabbit hunt
chapter seven: seeing through the cigar smoke.

chapter five: A tearful reunion.

70 4 10
By SamV73

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the walk to Alcina's home is silent, if you don't count her quiet humming. It almost seems awkward in a way. She repeatedly glances at me but doesn't say a word. We eventually get to a large dark metal gate, which is already open for us.

"Here we are...our home."
Alcina says, taking a deep breath before walking past the gates and towards the main entrance. I quickly follow behind her as she opens the door and walks inside. I want to correct her, to tell her that this is her home and hers alone, though for the sake of family I remain silent.

Despite my natural unease towards the large house, the warm air hits me like an old friend, warming me inside and out. Alcina has yet to stop moving so I keep following her.

"I'm sure the girls will be ecstatic to see you, they've been quite depressed without somebody to sleep beside or cook human foods for."
Alcina chuckles...human foods? I haven't eaten in an extremely long time, the gift Mother Miranda gave me makes food intake rather...meaningless. Doesn't she know this? Im sure she does if she refers to food as 'human food'.

"But...I don't need to intake human foods. Making it would be a meaningless task."
I state. I can practically see her smile drop, but she seems to recover quickly. The smile she gives me afterwards is different in a way I can't put my finger on.

"That is correct. I must've forgotten for a moment...My apologies."
She says.

She doesn't speak for the rest of the walk through the castle. We go through quite a few rooms, lots of them having beautiful paintings or wonderfully sculpted statues. Shocks go through my body and end in my brain, making me feel rather sick. I've decided now that the shocks are a negative feeling.

We eventually reach a large open room with a piano. Three women in all black are sitting in the room, facing away from us and muttering to themselves. I try to walk in to introduce myself but Alcina stops me.

"Let me speak to them first, they need to understand what is currently happening...or at least the circumstances that have led to your arrival."
Alcina says. I nod, unsure of what she has to say that I could not tell them myself but unwilling to argue with a member of Mother Miranda's family so soon.

Alcina disappears into the room and closes the door behind her, leaving me in the stairway. I stare at a map that's hung above a dresser, hoping to familiarize myself with the building since I will be here for quite a while.

There's beautiful calligraphy to show the names of most of the rooms, but one room has the calligraphy scribbled out and instead has a messier writing in it.

'(Y/N)'s room'

I feel like my mind freezes when I read it the first time. I read the name over and over again but my confusion does not falter. The name of the room is mine...but Alcina did not know of my existence prior to my introduction this morning. Is there another (y/n) in the castle? I must ask her about this when she returns. Shocks are absolutely everywhere...I feel uneasy.

Heisenberg POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bitch thinks that her power lets her play god with living beings.

Living human beings.

Them.

She crossed a few fucking lines when she took them and turned them into whatever the hell was in the church today. They don't even look at people the same way they did before. If I didn't recognize them by their looks I'd say it was a completely different fucking person.

...They didn't even look at me. They stayed next to Miranda like some sort of fucking purse dog. It's brainwashing, right? It's gotta be. They don't remember a thing, not their past, their time here...not me. Not in the slightest.

"Christ..."
I sigh, looking down at the scrap I've been trying to turn into something useful for hours. It was supposed to help me get my mind in gear but it's done fuck-all for that.

Life's been shit since they left, all I've wanted for two years was to get them back. Funny how getting them back just made it all worse. A little sick twist to the only thing I've wanted besides my own godamn freedom.

This family can go to hell if it thinks it can drag them into this. Not them, not when they still have a place to go back to and people who need them back.

For a second I start reverting back to the same mopey state I've been in for what feels like fucking forever now. I toss some scrap off to the side before a familiar shape catches my eye...a little metal origami swan.

...why can't I just have my way? One godamn time, just once, that's all I want. I wanted freedom, I got slavery. I wanted power, I got genocide. I wanted (y/n)...

I won't let it fucking happen. Not on your life, Miranda.

I grab some of the scrap, putting the swan on a nearby shelf before grabbing any shitty metal I think has some use left in it. I gotta figure out a plan to keep them out of the jaws of death...or the fangs of death in the current situation.

First thing's first, I need to get (y/n) away from Lady vampiric bitch. I bet she's watching them like a fucking hawk, but then again...she was practically foaming at the mouth at around the time I came through her window and took them. Getting (y/n) to leave with me when they've got whatever Miranda put in their brain is a no-go.

...I just need time, enough to talk to them. Words are all I need to get them to understand the hell they're in right now.

Lady Dimitrescu POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door shuts behind me and I watch my daughters chatter among themselves, unaware of my presence. My heart aches for them. They've been lonely with the absence of (y/n). My distance after the incident hasn't helped that, but seeing me in the state I was in would've made everything worse.

Oh my rabbit. My dear, sweet rabbit...I've missed them like a mortal man misses water. I've dreamt of their return, but nothing could prepare me for what happened to them in your absence. They're so different from how I remember them, is that from the time I've spent away from them? What exactly happened in those two years?

I fear that asking them will tear their poor mind in two...but I can't just ignore my worries. The girls will not mask their concerns as well as I have. The girls will ask until they get their answer.

...what if they're too fragile for that? They only just got here, they seem terrified of this place...of me...the girls shouldn't see that. The last thing I want is for (y/n) to be terrified of them, not when they adore them.

...perhaps it isn't time for the girls to know of (y/n)'s return. They should settle at the castle for a day without being bombarded with stress. The last thing I want is for them to end up wanting to leave.

...Heisenberg would swoop them away into his metalic hell before I could say a word.

With my newfound decision, I leave the room and begin to search for (y/n). I find them sitting on the floor, staring out of a window that shows the village below quite well. They notice me almost immediately, but their attention remains focused on the window.

"I never thought it would be like this."
They mutter. I sigh, nodding. I wish our circumstances were different...I wish they looked at me with the same kind eyes that held the emotions they harbored only when looking at me.

"Neither did I, dear rabbit."
I say back, matching their hushed tone as if it were a secret that only the two of us could know of.

They glance off into one of the hallways before looking at me. Their eyes once had hope and love, now they seem to hold nothing. What happened to them that removed the glimmer in their eyes that I adored so?

"Why is there a door with my name? You didn't seem to know I existed until today."
They ask me. Their question pains me, though I don't blame them for it. Something traumatic must have happened that stripped them of their memory. Still, the nights they spent in that room were the nights I loved more than anything.

I sit on my knees to be closer to their height. Mother Miranda said nothing of why this memory gap happened, though she never said anything about asking why the gap was there or what they remember before the gap.

"My dear, what do you remember of your time in the village two years ago?"
I ask them. They seem slightly taken aback by the question.

"Nothing...at least nothing notable. I remember being afraid, being angry...but no real memories."
(Y/n) says. They don't seem to act sad about it, perhaps they've given up on their lost memories.

Sympathy is all I feel for this poor little rabbit. None deserve what they are going through. I reach my hand out and put it on the top of their head, to which they look at me in confusion. Just a poor rabbit lost in the snow...perhaps they never left the blizzard.

I want nothing more than to tell them about everything. Who they were, what they were to me...to this family. I want them to know how terribly I've missed them, but somewhere deep inside of me is a voice that somehow talks over my own thoughts.

What if Mother Miranda doesn't want that?

What if silence is the best course of action?

How will (y/n) react to me practically destroying everything they think they know?

"I...I'm sure it will come to you in due time."
I bite my tongue, if only for now. They look almost dejected, like they too were waiting for some grand truth to come from me. I was too, and I mirror their rejection in my heart.

The rest of the night with them is a quick and painful blur. I tell them to sleep in the room with their name on it, to which they simply nod and scurry off. I continue to sit, despite the great discomfort the small hallway brings. Mother Miranda would want me to help (y/n), wouldnt she? After all, she brought them back to me. She gave me a second chance at keeping them safe.

I need to talk to her as soon as I possibly can...They deserve to know everything I can give them. I'm sure Mother Miranda will agree. Tomorrow I should speak to the girls, it seems cruel to let them fester in the same grief I had been in just hours ago.

...I thank mother Miranda for the gift of your presence, my lost rabbit. I will never let you fall to harm again. Be it snowfall or the return of that vile metal man...I will never let a single thing bring you harm in any form.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 2.4K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
93.2K 2.4K 34
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
115K 13.2K 29
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
259K 39.6K 101
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး