Demon Coin (Gundam Iron Blood...

By zer0420

There's always two sides to a story. Just as they're two sides to every coin. Despite being the same coin, ne... More

Chapter 1 Iron Blooded
Chapter 2 Amdusias And Barbatos
Chapter 3 The Iron Flower
Chapter 4 The Price Of Living
Chapter 5 Beyond The Red Sky...
Chapter 6 Downtime
Chapter 7 Whaling
Chapter 8 Sakazuki
Chapter 9 The Hands That Protect
Chapter 10 Space Pirates
Chapter 11 The Shoals
Chapter 12 Enjoyment
Chapter 13 Dort Colony
Chapter 14 Fear
Chapter 15 Kudelia's Resolve
Chapter 16 An Unexpected Alliance
Chapter 17 Nightmares
Chapter 18 Earth Arrival
Chapter 19 Death In The Family...
Chapter 21 Vengeance
Chapter 22 A Future Reward
Chapter 23 Tekkadan
Chapter 24 Demon Wings
Chapter 25 In the Midst of Jealousy
Chapter 26 Battle Before Dawn
Chapter 27 Unease Anticipation
Chapter 28 Silent War
Chapter 29 Sovereign Of Mars
Chapter 30 Vidar Rising
Chapter 31 Awakening Calamities
Chapter 32 Stained Wings
Chapter 33 The Hunters of Angels
Chapter 34 Unchained Demons
Chapter 35 Damage Control
Chapter 36 False Charges
Chapter 37 False Assault
Chapter 38 Mourning
Chapter 39 Blood Payment
Chapter 40 The Spark
Chapter 41 The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 42 Framing Fire
Chapter 43 Tail Between The Legs
Chapter 44 Scapegoat
Chapter 45 Last Ditch Effort
Chapter 46 One Final Stand
(Finale) Chapter 47 Unwavering Embers
Epilogue Aftermath
Epilogue#2 Their Promised Place...

Chapter 20 Balance Of Power

914 43 5
By zer0420

No one's POV

Barbatos's eyes glowed red for a split second, before grabbing the Commander Graze Ritter by the neck, lifting it up by a single hand.

Nhazul: You bitch...

Slamming it into the the ground, Barbatos raised it's katana in the air, ready to kill her.

Orga: Hey... Biscuit!!!

Gaining Nhazul's attention, he looked over and saw Orga weakly walking to a severely wounded Biscuit crawling out the destroyed Mobile Worker. Amdusias, who had blew back the Graze Ritters, joining Barbatos, as they saw Biscuit die, grabbing onto Orga's hand.

Nhazul: ...

Mikazuki: ...

Holding onto Biscuit's lifeless body, Orga began to let out an anguished filled scream, as it began to rain, pouring down on them.

Orga: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

While everyone's focus was on Biscuit, the remaining Graze Ritters managed to escape the island.

(Timeskip)

Upon the end of the battle, everyone was informed of Biscuit's death over the comms, devastating them. Retrieving Orga and Biscuit's body, everyone made their way to the transport boat, as everyone stood over Biscuit's body within a body bag, distraught.

Takaki: It can't be... We promised to work hard to put our sisters into school... We promised to work hard until then, Biscuit...

Ride: This is terrible... Why...?

Being to overwhelmed, Atra held onto Nhazul for comfort, crying into his chest, as he just rubbed her head, not saying a word.

Norba: What are we going to say to his sisters on Mars...?

Everyone: ...

Norba: Let's go home together, Biscuit...

Mikazuki: We can't go home yet. We can't go back until we finish our job.

Norba: Yeah... You're right...

Nhazul didn't say anything, as he continued to look at Biscuit's body bag.

Nhazul: ...

Elsewhere within the Earth Gjallarhorn base, Gaelio and McGillis were currently within Hyun's room, as he was still unconscious.

McGillis: How is he?

Gaelio: His organs have been restored, but he still hasn't woken up yet.

McGillis: Have you come to a decision yet?

Gaelio: McGillis.... I just can't commit to it... To implant that machine into him... To give up being human...

McGillis: To give up being human, huh? It can be said that this world was built on that very choice.

Gaelio looked at McGillis confused.

Gaelio: What do you mean?

McGillis: 300 years ago, people were exhausted from the long lasted Calamity War, and humanity faced extinction. For humans to live on, someone had to end the war. With an absolute strength that broke the balance of power. With strength that was beyond human. People with the same vision gathered, and an organization beyond countries abs economic blocs was formed. They invented a system maximizing the maneuverability of Mobile Suits, man's greatest military power. In other words, they invented the Alaya Vijnana System. And they created 72 Mobile Suits that would display it's full potential.

Gaelio: Gundam Frames...

McGillis: If you trace them back, it all stems from that point. The saviors who gave up being human and saved humanity. They later became an organization called Gjallarhorn.

Gaelio: The Alaya Vijnana that once saved humanity, is now hated as being a relic of the war. How ironic.

McGillis: It truly is. In the 300 years, Gjallarhorn became corrupted and weak, becoming a hotbed for power struggle.

Hyun: Why am I not surprised...?

Gaelio looked over surprised to see that Hyun was now awake.

Gaelio: Hyun! Thank goodness!

McGillis: It's good to see you have regained consciousness.

Hyun: I've actually been up for awhile now. I was just listening in on what you were both saying. And I want the surgery.

Gaelio looked at Hyun shocked.

Gaelio: Hyun, you can't be serious! Getting that surgery, you'll, you won't be-

Hyun: Human? It doesn't matter.

Gaelio: Doesn't matter?

Hyun: I told you before, right?

(Flashback)

Hyun: It's because they couldn't afford getting rid of me. I'm Mar's Ace Pilot. Not a single pilot in the Mars branch could match me in battle. I'm just a useful resource to them. They don't care about me, so I treat them the same. I'm not even a human I'm their eyes.

Gaelio: Huh?

Hyun: Half of my blood is Martian blood.

Gaelio: Hyun...

Hyun: The people of Earth only approve of those with pure Earth blood. When I lived there, my mother and I were constantly harassed and bullied. The only saving grace was my father. But that too soon came to an end, when my mother found out he cheated on her. So she left him and we moved back to Mars. But even there, the harassment continued, now because of my Earth blood. I was only let into Gjallarhorn due to my father's connections and that he was an officer.

Gaelio: Hmm, if I recall, your father is ranked highly within Earth.

Hyun: That's right. So regardless of where I go, I'm constantly discriminated. So I just learned not to care what others think and do what I can, to protect those who can't protect themselves.

(Present)

Gaelio: Still...

Hyun: You can't lose your humanity, if you never had it to begin with. If I can take down Tekkadan and avenge Lieutenant Crank, then I'll do it.

McGillis: Are you sure. The operation is still very experimental for adults. There's a very high possibility that you will be crippled for the rest of your life.

Hyun: I'm sure. It's like you said. "To to break the balance of power, you need strength that is beyond human. "

McGillis looked at Hyun and smiled.

Hyun: I see. Then if that is the case, I would like to show you both something.

(Timeskip)

After getting dressed,  Hyun and Gaelio proceeded to follow McGillis down an elevator.

McGillis: Did you know Carta Issue's Fleet failed in the pursuit of Tekkadan?

Gaelio looked surprised, as Hyun didn't.

Hyun: I'm not all that surprised at this point.

McGillis: Kudelia and Tekkadan have escaped with Makanai, Arbrau's former leader. They disappeared into the Pacific.

Gaelio: What happened to satellite surveillance? Isn't this our human turf?

McGillis: There's probably an informant within us. Just shows how corrupt we are.

Gaelio: Despicable. They should learn from Hyun's loyalty.

Hyun just chuckled.

Hyun: Yes, they should learn how to mouth off to their superiors.

Gaelio just gave Hyun a look.

Gaelio: You know what I mean! A man like you is one the closest to the long gone essence of Gjallarhorn.

Hyun looked at Gaelio surprised, as he smiled.

Hyun: I appreciate the compliment, but I don't think I could live up to such a high expectation.

Once arriving at their stop, McGillis proceeded to open a door, leading to a room full of experimental Mobile Suits, surprising Hayato and Gaelio.

Gaelio: What's this place?

McGillis: Where the research for the Alaya Vijnana continued. The research facility.

The three walked up to a in construction Graze Mobile suit, which supports the Alaya Vijnana System.

McGillis: You understand, right, Gaelio? Show them. The origin of Gjallarhorn that was send sacrifice to save Earth. You and Hyun with the Alaya Vijnana will eliminate those space rates. And show that we're the ones to lead the organization properly.

Gaelio just looked at the Graze, as Hyun glanced at McGillis, with a suspicious look.

Hyun: ...

Hyun's thoughts: I don't know why, but I feel as there's another meaning behind his words.

Hyun turned his attention to the prototype Graze, narrowing his eyes.

Hyun's thoughts: Whatever... It doesn't matter. If I can get revenge for Lieutenant Crank, then I don't care.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 4.5K 74
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ a boy manages to gain everything, and be depended on wholly, only to lose everyone and everything over and over again, always alone...
825 85 10
I promise to whatever God or Universal being may exist, that if you let me out of this - if you let me live a normal life, quirkless or not, I'll nev...
17.8K 348 14
Ever since life could think Good and Evil existed. But no one is ever born Good or Evil. Only made. This is the story that intertwines the fate of 2...
17.9K 427 21
(YN) (LN) is the only child, and daughter, of the oh so distinguished (LN) family. She's always been a well behaved child and done what she is told...