Overcoming Our Obstacles Shot...

By LisaLove765

Sequel to Your Left Eye, My Right Arm, please read that first! So 5 long weeks after Momo was transferred is... More

Ch 1. Shocking Warmth
Ch 2. But Your Words And Actions Dont Line Up...
Ch 3. Timing Couldn't Be Worse
A/N Apologies From My Drunk Editor
Ch 4. Lies.
Sorta Just Spamming Ya
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ
Ch 5. Surprises, Surprises...
Im sorry
Face Reveal
Ch 6. Yeah, But Why?
Ch 7. Give A Big Welcome To 'Family'
A/N
...well.. hi.
Ch.8 I Dunno (draft)
A Big Ol' Thank You
About 9 or so Months
At a loss for words
A Formal Apology
FILLER!!!!
Ch. 10 Rei Todoroki
Ch. 11 Crying before Christmas (idfk)
Ch. 12 Christmas Morning
Ch. 13 Every Quirk Has Its Drawbacks
Ch. 14 So This Is The True Pain Of A Soulmate
Ch. 15 Processing False Hopes
Ch. 16 Worry
Ch. 17 Awake
CLOSED MOUTHS DO NOT GET FED!
Ch.18 Explosive
Ch.19 A Brief Peace
Sorry
Ch. 20 Dabi's Fuck Up
Ch.21 Late Night Anime
Ch. 22 Plethora Of Events
Ch. 23 Swap
Ch. 24 Selfish Envy
Ch. 25 One Final Practice
My Shoto Art(+ Redraw of the Cover!)
Ch. 26 Beauty And The...Demon? Pt1
Ch. 27 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt2
A/N Few Questions
Ch. 28 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt3
Ch. 29 Beauty And The... Demon? Pt4
MINI BREAK

Ch. 9 Surprise Gift Shopping

57 4 2
By LisaLove765

(Y/n)'s POV

I fixed my sweater, the warm material swallowing me lovingly. I can't believe I'm going to meet the Mrs. Todoroki! My thoughts bounced around much like I was as I skillfully put my shoes on, peeking over at Shoto as he thanked my dad for taking us. "Sport! There's one thing about me you should know. Family is important! And seeing them is healthy! Too bad she can't come here for the holiday." Watching my dad's heavy hand collide with Shoto's back had us both wincing as he chuckled shyly.

"Dad! You're embarrassing him! Stop it!" I whined, moving uncomfortably with the new flowers pressed against me. As if he felt my distress, Shoto was beside me, lifting my shirt in the back so the dried up petals fell out of it, and in return I did the same for him. I smiled at the male in thanks, my insides fluttering as the gesture was graciously displayed back. Unwittingly my hand found itself on his cheek, mine heating up as he leaned into me. My hand slowly drifted up to his hair, which I pushed out of his eyes. His warm hand grabbed mine and I couldn't help my heart beat speeding rapidly. He's all I could wish for. How could he be so gentle with me? All at once, in an intentional manner to ruin our mood, I know this for a fact, my dad stepped between us, and a knock sounded at the door in front of the now three people. My gaze snapped towards the door and I watched as my dad opened it.

"AAAHH!! They weren't lying!!" With the pinkette's cheerful squeal, I jumped back, blushing heavily as she greeted my dad next.

"This is time for family!! Why is there another one here?" The obnoxious whining angered me and even saddened me. These were my family.

"Good afternoon, Mei." My mom called from the kitchen. She had been there, cooking Christmas dinner all day. Mei returned the gesture and hugged me tightly.

"Tenya and I were gonna go shopping~ Wanna join, you two?" At her offer, I peered around the door to see a sleek car sitting out front, Iida, getting out of the back.

"Hello, Iida!" I greeted, waving. "I'm not sure that we'll have time, babe! Sho and I are gonna go see his mom." Shoto placed his hand on my arm.

"If you rather spend time with them-" He started offering, silencing when I snapped my face towards his, a glare on my features.

"I wanna meet your mom! I'm sure they understand."

"I always understand! Were you guys gonna walk? Why don't we give you a ride there?" I peered at Shoto, awaiting his answer. He nodded and I smiled, patting his cheek softly.

"Thank you Mei, we'd love to get a ride." 

"Oh, I.. I understand. And here I was, thinking I'd get to meet her too." At my dad's dramatic sulking, us teens laughed.

"I'll call you to pick us up and you can meet her then, if you really want to." My dad shook his head, turning around. Taking the moment to book it, we did just that, the door shutting behind us.

"Are you guys joining us?" Iida asked and Mei shook her head.

"I offered them a ride to Shoto's moms instead." Iida opened the door and Mei climbed in. "Come on, you're next to me hottie." I rolled my eyes, quietly thanking Iida as I got in. Shoto crawled in next, Iida shutting the door.

"Thank you." Shoto and I chimed together once Iida had gotten into the front seat.

"Of course! Now, where does she live?" I turned to Mei, as Shoto gave Iida the answer.

"Ohhhh my goodness, girl. What were you thinking, coming over?" I asked, grabbing her arm.

"You turned your notifications off for the all girl group or you'd know we're all talking about you~!" Her squeal had my grin dropping as I fished my pocket for my phone.

"W-well, my Aunt arrived yesterday-"

"Yuck-" I locked eyes with her to agree silently to her input.

"And I just haven't wanted to deal with school drama." My fingers found the sleek item and I pulled it out, quickly scanning my apps till I got to the 'school friendly' chatting app.

[Acid Babe: She's totally breaking our hoe code!

Sweetie Pie: I'm just excited! Maybe they'll come back to school holding hands~

Tsu: We're not in 5th grade, Ochako.

John Cena: Exactly!! I'm hoping they come back with some hickey's! A story to tell~

Psycho Love: No worries, girls!! I'll go check em out and update you!]

"What are you reading?" At Shoto's curious voice, and warm breath on my shoulder, I yelped and clicked my phone off.

"Oh nothing! Nothing!!- I'm gonna kill you, Mei! Nothing at all, Shoto. Just thinking, are you wanting to get anything to bring your mom? For the holiday's." I babbled on, in hopes it'd make him not think about the texts.

"I'm already bringing her something." His eyes trained on me innocently and I nodded, sitting stiffly in between my grinning friend and clueless soulmate. As we passed by a place that looked open I sat up towards the front.

"Iida! Please, can we stop here?" He turned and looked at me, giving me a smile.

"Sure! If you'd like to stop here, we can." At his queue, the driver turned into the vast parking lot. After parking, I looked at Shoto.

"I don't have anything for your mom. Can we shop real quick?" His head tilted and he stared at me before nodding and unbuckling. Smiling, I unbuckled as well, rushing out after him. The others got out and we shared a smile.

"Let's split? Meet in 20 minutes!" Mei grabbed my hand at Iida's remark.

"You're coming with me!"

"Wait, I don't know anything about Shoto's mom…!"

"We'll meet in 10 minutes and then rearrange partners..!" Iida called after as I was dragged off.

"We totally gotta get our lover boys some gifts too while we have the 10 minutes." I laughed at Mei's sparkling eyes. "Let's go!" As we walked, I had been lost in thought, passing the multiple stores in the mall. "Any improvements?"

"Yeah… maybe not." I laughed nervously. "My aunt made a huge deal about him being there, and when I called her out on her shit, she actually tried hitting me. …But Shoto took the hit. I get it, I really do. He's a hero, gonna take that moment and prove it, just wish he hadn't." Mei's arm wrapped around my waist and she nuzzled me.

"Your family is such shit." Her tone was light and I rolled my eyes.

"No clue! Mom's even being a tad hostile towards me in their presence. I know they're family, but really?"

"Mom's always been real big on family first, and she wants you to treat them like family. Just get along, a little." I laughed at her explanation, already knowing it. "Besides, you get through this Christmas with no more fights, I may have a special present for you~" I nodded in defeat.

"Can't wait!" I laughed softly.

"We don't have long. Let's shop!!" We walked arm in arm some more and I stopped, tugging her back, my gaze firm on the jewelry parlor. "Let's both get something for our men from here, I'm sure they'd enjoy it." At Hatsume's go ahead we walked into the store, the clerk greeting us.

"Hi, I'm looking for a pendant for my soulmate. We're not together though." I clarified, before the gentleman guided me to partner stuff. He droned on about "What he liked" and I barely listened as I walked around the store, realizing only after asking, that he wouldn't be able to help. He likes soba, and sweets… boba tea, manga. But none of that helps me.

"Pst," I looked at my taller friend and she giggled. "You were his inspiration for his Halloween costume. He likes cats, because of you." My face flushed and I made my way around in search of a cat, yet stopped as my eyes landed on a different pendant.

"Do you think… Shoto would like this? It reminds me of him." Looking at the item in the window like a child, I turned my gaze to Hatsume.

"Awe! He absolutely would adore it!" At her encouragement I pointed to the charm in its container.

"Is that all, miss?" I looked at the gentleman with a gleam in my eye.

"Absolutely." With an unsure nod, he grabbed it out and scanned it. Once told the price, I paid. Hatsume caught his attention getting her own pulled out.
After purchasing her item, we left, making our way back to the meeting spot, chatting about Shoto staying for the holidays.

1478 words!!! What did you get Shoto? Who knows- Well, I do. I know.
~Lisa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 194 40
"So when's the wedding?" The mother of the boy jokingly asked the two. Her face immediately becoming a bright shade of pink, (Y/N) looked at the woma...
1.1M 30K 19
(Y/n) has the same quirk as Todoroki's right side. She works at the hospital as a part-time job and meets Todoroki Rei, his mom. How will Todoroki re...
79.1K 3.2K 35
I huge thanks to @Emonekochan26 for making the amazing cover! COMPLETED: MAY/29/20 Some triggering topics, and hints at sexual content! We all dream...
414K 16.7K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...