A Demon's Drink {Book Three-K...

Door SpeakNoEvil

Katrina has gone through just about everything. She's lost family, she's lost friends, and she almost lost he... Meer

A Demon's Drink
Chapter One
Chapter Two!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10!
Chapter Eleven!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16!
Chatper 17 =)
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Ch. 21 *Real One Guys!*
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 19!

1.5K 43 33
Door SpeakNoEvil

***Spoilers for Dr. Who! Which I don't own either***

Needless to say, I didn’t do anything productive. At all. I barely breathed; which is totally possible for me now. I was currently on Jonathan’s couch, curled up in the fetal position with three blankets piled on top of me while mascara ran down my cheeks.

“What was the last thing you said to me?” Rose asked the actual Doctor on the beach. I was surprised I was still able to cry.

“I said Rose Tyler.” The Doctor replied easily and I sat straight up, eyes wide as they continued.

“Yeah, and how was that sentence going to end?” She got kinda sassy about it, but my eyes were the size of dinner plates by now, tears rolling faster down my cheek. He’s gonna say it, he’s gonna say ‘I love you.’ I thought ferociously.

“Does it really need saying?” The Doctor asked.

“HELL FREAKING YES IT DOES!” I yelled as loudly as I could while jumping off of the couch and making wildly insane hand gestures at the TV. A door upstairs opened and then quietly locked while Rose kissed the second Doctor.

“You know Kat,” Jonathan yawned as he walked down the stairs. His hair was sticking up in places, his black shirt and pajama pants were all wrinkled and I finally noticed the clock on the wall. “Normal people, even evil masterminds like myself, are sleeping at three in the morning.”

“It’s can’t be three in the morning.” I frowned. “I started this like… four hours ago.”

“That was two days ago Kat.” Johnny chuckled to himself as he started making coffee in the kitchen.

“I wasn’t sitting there for two days.” I pointed at the couch, it begging me to curl back up on its cushions.

“You’re still wearing eyeliner from when you shocked Joker on TV. That was two days ago Katrina.” John’s voice got somewhat softer and he raised a questioning eyebrow at me. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“No! Of course I’m not okay!” I yelled before pacing in front of him. “They build up this relationship between these two characters right? They love each other and it’s so obvious and you just want them together because when they’re together they’re just beautiful! And then one of them gets trapped in a parallel dimension! On top of that, in the same episode even, the guy starts to finally, FINALLY, confess that he loved her and then their time runs out and he DISAPPEARS! HE JUST DISAPPEARS AND YOUR HEART JUST CAN’T TAKE IT. And then some red head shows up in a wedding dress and after a season of watching the guy have to try and move on from the first girl he never got to tell ‘I love you’ to the red head shows back up. And their personalities clash sometimes but it’s so perfect and then the first girl SHOWS BACK UP! Like, she interacts with this new girl and you can just see the heart break on her face and you just wanna die and eat chocolate and get fat for the rest of your life. And then there comes a point and time where all of the guy’s friends show up to help him save the world and THERE SHE IS! And no one knows she’s there at first, but when they do it’s just perfect. And everything’s wonderful. And then they have to go their separate ways and he has to put her back in the parallel world so that the fabric of reality doesn’t just get torn all to hell. Sometime in the mess before that there was, basically, a clone made of him and he can’t exist in the same place as the original guy. So he leaves him with the girl he loves because he knows she’ll make him a good person and this way she can, technically, be loved by him. But he has to leave her for a second time, AND CAN’T EVEN SAY ‘I LOVE YOU’ ON CAMERA FOR ALL THE FANS THAT WANT THEM TO GROW OLD TOGETHER!!!!! IT’S FRUSTRATING! These writers, they’re going to kill me.” I finally caught my breath to see a very amused doctor before me.

“Well, okay then.” He smirked to himself.

“That’s all you have to say on my enormous, heart-felt rant?” I nearly strangled him right there.

“No, but that’s all I want to say from this close distance.”

“Well… smart.” I nodded before turning back to the couch longingly.

“You sure that’s all about this show?” John quietly slipped in and I froze. “Purely fictional characters and their conflicts?”

“Ya,” I nodded. “This is totally Moffat’s and that other guy's creation. Moffat wrote the really mean episodes.” I answered, knowing full and well what he was referring to.

“Well, go take a shower or something. You smell funny.”

“Why are you smelling me?” I laughed, but made my way to my room to cleanse myself.

---John’s POV---

“You really sure you wanna be here?” I whispered to Edward when Kat’s shower started running. I looked over at the television screen to see the always-amused Edward Nigma.

“She’s not in here anymore is she?” he sighed. “So what are you worried about?”

“John?” Kat called from her room. “Is there someone out there?”

“Nope. Just TV.” I answered calmly.

“DO NOT START THE NEXT SEASON WITHOUT ME!” The lights flickered a bit and I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself.

“Of course not Kat. I’m watching a Stephen Hawking documentary.”

“Oh. Well have fun with that!” Kat called before a secondary door slammed shut and music seeped under her door. I looked back at the surprised ginger.

“That’s why. She can probably still hear us too.” I frowned at him. “What do you want?”

“To simply talk.” he shrugged and I sighed.

“What do you want Nigma? I’m busy.” I muttered, fixing my coffee.

“Doing work in your night clothes John?” he prodded.

“Getting more done than you are, that’s for sure.” I snapped at him. “Tell me what you want and then leave me alone Edward.”

“How is she doing?” His voice actually carried a thick layer of worry.

“She’s fine. I think she’s going to end up dropping by your place at some point.”

“That will just be lovely.” He sighed, dropping his head to his desk.

“She’s getting a lot better,” I lightly blew on my coffee before taking a sip of it, welcoming the bitter taste. “You shouldn’t have to worry about her killing you…. As viciously.” I added for a touch of humor.

“Don’t try to be funny John.” Ed sighed before disappearing from the TV for now. I looked over at Kat’s door and started to think about everything I’ve seen; trying to find a way to help her piece her life back together.

---Kat’s POV---

“Jooohhhhhnnnnnyyyyyy! I’m boooooored!” I whined from my perch on one of the beams in the living room. “I’ve literally climbed the walls from boredom!” I sighed as I swung my leg over the edge, looking down at everything.

“I can’t get anything done with you complaining every thirty minutes Kat.” John sighed from his lab. He never left the room, but I could hear things clink around as he mixed toxin samples. “And this needs to be done.”

“Why?” I chirped, standing up on the beam and walked to the next one. A couple steps and jumps later I hung upside down on the ceiling beam that was right outside the doors to my bedroom and his lab.

“Because Katrina,” he sighed. “I don’t need Ra’s doing anything more to you or me.” He must have thought he spoke low enough that I wouldn’t hear him. The lights flickered slightly.

“He’s not gonna touch you or me. I don’t get why you still work for him.” I grumbled while still hanging upside down, I liked the perspective from here.

“You can at least pretend you don’t hear the things I don’t want you to.” John mumbled with a touch of amusement.

“Like how Eddie called this morning?” His hands must have fallen on the table, because something broke. “Don’t freak out, I only heard his voice and then tried to tune him out. Whatever you two spoke of I didn’t hear it.” I said truthfully, the smell of iron entering my nose. “Okay, so I can tell you’re bleeding Johnny. I can smell it… it’s weird.” I frowned.

“Just help me find – What are you doing up there?” John asked as he walked out. He had spared a short glance upward before nearly jumping out of his skin.

“Getting a new perspective on life.” I grinned widely.

“Get down Cheshire, before you break something.” He rolled his eyes and walked to the sink.

“Hey! Why are you calling me Cheshire?” I unhooked my legs and flipped the right way up before I landed.

“Why are you randomly appearing places with that creepy grin on your face?” He countered before hissing as he put his hand under running water.

“How bad is the cut?” I asked as I skipped over to him.

“Don’t worry about i-“

“Jonathan!” I yelled, seeing just how much blood he was loosing. “We’ve gotta get you to a doctor!”

“Hello, doctor?” He motioned to himself in the ‘duh’ kinda way. I still started pulling out every single drawer in the kitchen, trying to find something to help. “Kat, calm down.” John sighed.

“You’re bleeding more than you should! That means the cut’s deep and could be really bad and I don’t want anything bad to happen.” I rushed everything out in a matter of two seconds and Jonathan just gave me a look.

“Kat, I’m fine.”

“You’re bleeding!”

“And you do that for a solid week every month. Do I freak out this badly over that? I’ll live.” He chuckled as he went back to cleaning out the wound. I just stood there, completely stunned.

“I… I don’t know how to respond to that.” A slight smirk tugged at my lips. “I don’t know why I find that amusing.”

“I’m simply stating facts Kat. Now go get the bandages from the first aid kit in my room okay?” He nodded toward his door up the stairs and I was almost instantly standing in front of his dresser. I pulled out a few drawers before I found it the bandages.

“Found them!” I yelled as I ran out and cleared the railing, landing on the floor a few steps away from him.

“Thank you.” he smiled. “Now, I’m going to go into my lab to stitch it up and such. You stay out here and don’t yell; you might make me mess up.” He teased, ruffling my hair with his uninjured hand.

“You’re different Johnny Boy.” I smiled up at him. He frowned; confusion and thought swirled in his eyes. “It’s a good different.” I tried to reassure him, but it didn’t do much.

“You’re different too.”

“But is it a good different?”

“I… I hope so Kat.” His voice came out as a sad whisper, but there was hope in his eyes.

“I do too.” I offered a smile as he walked off. I stood there in the middle of the kitchen and started thinking.

Is it a good different? Am I still good?

--- Unknown’s POV---

“What do you mean he left?” I wanted to yell at her, but I valued my life.

“He left. He was never a prisoner here.” Talia replied with a playful smile. “He has a mission of his own and I would not deny him his opportunity.” Her brown hair blew in the slight breeze, the moonlight making it seem white every now and again. The roof was empty, but I knew that somewhere someone was watching us. “I need you to watch her though.”

“Watch who ma’am?” My tone hadn’t changed, but I must have offended her for her expression quickly darkened.

“Katrina Wayne. Something’s not right with her… how shall I put it… enhancements.” She started to pace, looking over at the church bell tower every so often. “She shouldn’t have been able to disappear so soon after her bought with Joker. I need to know where she’s hiding.”

“Yes ma’am.” I turned and traveled across a few more rooftops before I scaled down to the streets below. People bustled about the sidewalks, enjoying frivolous conversations about things that weren’t important. What it would be like if I could indulge in that pleasure.

--- Time Skip ---

“John! I’m going into town alright?” I called as I grabbed an apple from the fridge. I took a bite and was satisfied with the crunch and sticky liquid on my tongue.

“Not too long Kat.” John walked out of his lab, hair all messy from constantly running a hand through it. “Here,” he dug around in his jean pockets. His lab coat and brown shirt were slightly wrinkled from constantly being hunched over table. “Take this.” John finally found a key and handed it to me with his bandaged hand. The wound had started to really heal this past week.

“What’s it open?” I flipped the old iron key in my hand. It was easily the size of my index finger and had a lacey design at the top.

“Jervis’ hat shop. Just incase you need to hide or escape to someplace.” He gave me a look you’d expect from a dad or protective brother.

It was kinda cute actually, how concerned he’d been recently. I hadn’t left the warehouse for a little over a week because John upgraded the security system. He was so paranoid about me going into town and getting kidnapped or something. Well, it has happened before. John had been so preoccupied with making something for Ra’s that I just climbed inside and out all day since I had nothing else to do; I finished all the Doctor Who seasons that Netflix had. After hours and days of endless begging and promising to stay out of trouble, he was letting me out for a couple hours. Gosh, I sound like such a kid, don’t I?

“Promise I won’t need it, but I’ll keep it with me.” I smiled as I undid the chain I had around my throat, slipped the key on it, and re-secured it. “I’m not going to do anything too dangerous.”

“You have a habit of doing the opposite of what you say.” he teased.

“I promise okay?” I smiled as I grabbed my black backpack full of money, and extra set of clothes, and miscellaneous weapons. “Call me if you need me to pick anything up ‘kay? See ya later Johnny Boy!” I called as I walked out the front door and raced to my motorcycle.

 Thankfully the city was full of people; no Joker in sight. I had a black helmet on with a shielded visor so that if someone I knew glanced at me they couldn’t really tell who I was. Sure, I was on a very expensive, custom-made motorcycle but no one really pays attention to that kind of thing.

I decided to stop off at the park first. After I removed the bulky helmet, I shook out my long hair and put on my red Aviators to add some color to my all black outfit; black jean shorts and a black and white plaid button down. I watched as kids ran around and screamed when their hiding spots were found. They all laughed and talked and did things kids do. After a few more seconds of scanning I saw a little boy with fiery red hair swing high into the air. He had a huge smile on his face as his mom pushed him higher each time. He glanced my way and smiled at me, but I was back on my bike before he could get off the swing to say hi. His mom looked over at me and a moment of recognition appeared on her face as I rode off toward my old high school. I’m glad he’s safe.

The bell rang as I pulled up and everyone disappeared into his or her classes for the day. Glad I don’t have to do that anymore. I continued on my way and just aimlessly drove around town. The funny thing about aimlessly driving is you tend to run out of gas sooner than you think.

I just barely made it to a gas station and did a little dance of joy in my head. I open my book sack to look for my wallet, but it couldn’t be found in the abyss of random objects. The gas pump mocked me for a while until a brilliant idea came to me. What if I could shock it into working? I mean, I’d only do it this once…

“Excuse me miss.” A guy’s voice spoke up behind me. I spun around to see him holding a leather wallet. “This fell out of your bag when you pulled in, thought you might want it back.” Ninja boy smiled at me.

“Ninja boy! You’re back!” I smiled sarcastically as I took my wallet back and swiped the credit card Bruce had given me a while back; he already knew I was in the city. “What’cha up to?”

“Are you still going to call me that?” He raised a dark eyebrow at me as his stunning hazel eyes smiled down at me.

“I don’t know your name, so ya.” I shrugged as I filled up my bike, watching the little numbers flip higher and higher.

“Jase.” He spoke quickly. I looked over at him to see his eyes glued to the cement. “My name is Jase.”

“Ninja boy suits you better.” I chuckled. The pump jerked in my hand a bit, and Jase just smiled at me. “So, what do you need from me today? I actually have plans ya know.”

“Nothing today.” He smiled. I got back on my bike and pulled on my helmet.

“Good. I’ll catch’ya later!” I smirked before pulling the visor down and speeding off across town to a butcher shop.

--- Jase’s POV---

I told her my name.

I… told her my name.

What?

“Think the Demon’s gonna be happy with you?” A voice chuckled from behind an SUV that had pulled up a few minutes before Kat did. I turned to see a man with dark brown hair and a playful light in his brown eyes.

“You are one to talk, curse.” I glared at him.

“Who was that little fire?” He nodded off in the direction Katrina had gone. “She one of Ra’s’ play things?” I couldn’t help the snort that escaped.

“He has hopes.” I chuckled.

“So she’s free for all?” The man looked off and I prayed that Talia wasn’t listening to this. “What makes her so special that the Demon wants her?”

“You should ask him yourself.” I answered blankly, deciding that it wouldn’t prove helpful to entertain that thought pattern.

“Or I’ll just find out on my own.” He smirked before walking off in the opposite direction. “Enjoy your day Jase.”

I sighed and started walking back to base.

This just got complicated.

---Sorry I haven't updated in forever! I'm really stressed out with all my school work and such but I am working my dear friends! I love you all and as always, Enjoy y'all's day! ---SNE

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

56.4K 1.6K 49
Love. A word so simple yet so complex. For Bruce, it meant family. Family that he lost and the family he created. But love can be harsh, especially i...
19 0 9
"What do you have to hide? An unrequited love perhaps?" Bruce Wayne is dead and that has took a toll on everyone. Gotham mourns the billionaire, but...
654K 12.5K 40
Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian falls in love with their soulmates. But how is it going to work when they find out they have the same soulmate. How is it...
190K 5.4K 36
Katrina was born and raised in Louisiana until the age of five when her parents were brutally murdered and attempted her death as well. She was taken...