ππˆπ„π‚π„ 𝐁𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄

By Dreiahwrites

" I just don't understand... Janien has everything She ever wanted... why would she want to throw her life aw... More

II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV

I

1.4K 47 2
By Dreiahwrites

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 ~
This book may be disturbing for some readers, as it contains heavy profanity, drugs, violence, and Gang affiliation. This book is not to be plagiarized or imitated in any type of way or form... I hope you all enjoy 🤍.

~ 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐚𝐮𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 🍾.

Janien laid on an old white sheet that was displayed on the back lawn, along with a bowl of popcorn, fruit, and Her MacBook.

"you're always out here doing something" laughed August, Janien's younger sister as she sprawled out on the other side of the sheet.

Janien loved the outdoors, it was just peaceful to her, to be surrounded by God's creation.

" Jan makes sure you pick up all this stuff out of the yard, " Carol said, " I don't want any more predators coming because you left food out here, " Janien's mother told her before getting in the car.

Just last week, Janien left a whole bowl of macaroni and cheese in the yard, which caused a whole lot of damage to their lawn.

When they woke up the next morning two huge rats were on the lawn eating the leftover mac and cheese.

"what's the plan for this weekend?" August questioned, as she bit into a pineapple.

" You know we have Choir practice Saturday, to prepare for Sunday " Janien reminded her, but August didn't care, she was determined to miss practice to do something else.

August was more of an extrovert than Janien was, she explored the world at night with her friends, drinking, smoking, and doing what most teenagers do her age, While Janien, kept herself pure. Janien never hung out with the friends she had, because she was too afraid of the outside world, so kept to herself writing songs and poems in her journal, and being outside on the lawn enjoying the sunshine.

" You gotta loosen up some " August said, as she gently nudged her sister's arm. " you should come to spend time with Lynn and me on Saturday, we are planning to go to this college party in Westbrook," she added.

Westbrook was the worst part of Their city, that's where all of the drugs and gang violence came from. Although Janien and August wouldn't have known anything about it if it wasn't for their father.

Pastor Joshua Porter. Janien and August's dad grew up in Westbrook for 18 years, he knows the hood like the back of his hand. That was until he turned 23 and decided to give his life to Christ. He studied the book, day and night urging him to follow Christ, and pursue his passion for preaching.

On his 27th birthday, he finally was ordained and was able to preach services at many churches across the board.

" You are not going to a party on Westbrook Aug " Jenien demanded, as August followed with a laugh.

" I know, because you and Lynn are coming with me " she chuckled, before getting up from the lawn. " and you can't back out because you owe me from last week "Janien blew her breath as she remembered she lost a bet to Her younger sister over a school basketball game.

It was Carter Academy vs. Westbrook, and of course, Janien had to bet on her old high school, but unfortunately, it was a loss to Westbrook, which caused August to win the bet.

Janien mentally rolled her eyes, as she got up from the lawn as well. August carried in the popcorn and fruit, while Janien carried in her MacBook, and left the sheet on the back porch.

" Can't back outta this one sweet pea " August smirked, as she carried the rest of the snack to her room.

Jan knew her sister was slick when it came to betting, but she didn't know she could pull a fast one like this.

" how about I give you money instead? " Jan asked August, as she followed her into the room.

" how about... No. " August snickered, "and... momma said if we are going to bet, no money should be involved then it will be considered gambling " added August.

" When do you ever listen to what mom says?" Jan chuckled, as she furrowed her eyebrows.

" Today, besides... you need to stop being afraid Jan, you're 19 and I am 17 I've experienced more than you have within your lifetime " August said.

" Sang it right Valerie! " Ms. Evans demanded, as she was growing angry with her granddaughter.

Today was Saturday, which meant it was Choir practice early in the morning, 9 am to be exact.

Janien sang in the front, while the rest of the chorus was singing behind her. It was getting towards Easter Sunday, and the youth Choir was going to lead the service.

" let's start over, Jannie take it from the top!" Ms, Evans Directed as she counted to three.

" Go telling on the mou-

" look Hilary, and Valarie... there are two weeks until Easter and we don't have time to be playing around! " Ms. Evans growled, " Now, stop miss behaving and Sing it right! " she commanded as she gritted her teeth together.

" Ah one, ah one, ah one, two, three "

" at the cross at the cross
Where I first saw the light
And the burdens of my heart
Rolled away "

Janien drove down the crowded street, as she stressed looking for a parking spot. Lynn and August had already impatiently jumped out of the car, leaving Jan alone.

Finally, she came across one parked beside a 2014 Toyota Corolla. After parking the car she then took off her seatbelt and pulled the sun visor down to touch up her lashes and lipgloss.

She did t have to do much when it came to makeup because she was so kissed by the God above... with the perfect two-toned lip combo, and glossy skin.

Janien's phone buzzed as she grabbed it from the cupboard.

𝐀𝐮𝐠🫶🏽
- Did you find a spot?

- Yeah I'm coming in a bit.

" thank you so much for dragging her out of the house August, I knew I can depend on you!" Taeleigh smiled, as she gave August a nice hug.

Taeleigh is Janien's best friend, she knew Her asking Jan to come to a party would be way outta her league so she told August to do so instead, and just so happens This is payback from the bet they agreed on.

Janien sat on the bar stool beside her best friend, as they shared a cup of Bacardi and jungle juice.

" neenie, you need to lighten up, " Tae said, as she called Jan by her childhood nickname. " here take a sip " Tae pushed the glass towards Janien as she scrunched up her face.

" mhmm... I gotta drive back home, I don't think so " Jan declined, as Tae rolled her eyes.

" one shot Jan, come on? " Tae begged.

Janien picked up the glass from off the countertop, sniffing it before she contemplated drinking it.

" Nah ima pass, " She said, putting the glass back on the counter.

" Ugh, you are so boring! " Tae, whined as she threw the shot back, chasing it with a Red Bull.

" Red Bulls are dangerous for your heart" Jan informed. "Also they false advertisement because it won't give you wings " she added, as Tae busted out laughing.

" I can't with you Jan, your too Naive " she chuckled. " I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back, " Tae said, as she stumbled across the floor trying to get out of the chair.

As uncomfortable as Janien was, she found herself pouring a shot of Bacardi just to let it sit in front of her while she sat on her phone scrolling through Facebook.

" Who drank that is? " Hilary one of the choir members spoke, making Jan nervous.

" I swear I wasn't drinking it, please don't tell my mother!" Jan spluttered, as Hilary and others around her laughed.

" look at ole Church Gal drinking, I can't wait to tell Rev. Porter " laughed Valerie.

Janien stood from the bar and went outside. she knew how troublesome Val and Hil could be... and how they probably would tell that she was out partying and drinking when in reality she was sitting there bored.

" say Lil mama whatchu doing out here? " Bryce Spoke, as she took a puff from this blunt.

The only reason Jan knew Bryce was from church when they were kids, they use to run around together.

" oh nothing, I was pretty much dragged here " Janien chuckled nervously.

" pretty girl like you don't need be out here alone " Bryce admitted. " this ain't what you want lil mama this is bad for you " he said, as he gestured around.

" yeah, I'm prob head home since it's getting late.. and I have church in the morning" Jan said.

" well let me walk you home or to your car? " he offered, making Jan blush a little.

" I'm okay, and plus I'm waiting on my little sister. " Jan implied.

" who is your sister? " Byrce asked, as he sat back down in the white lawn chair.

" August "

" August Porter? Bad ass.." He questioned, as he mumbled the last part.

" yeah, how come you don't know and we use to go to church together? And why you said she bad ? " Jan asked, as Bryce shook his head.

" she's always into some shit... that's like my lil sis tho. I love her " He spoke, as the awkward silence aroused.

Although Jan wanted to know what he meant by  " she's always in some shit" she didn't ask, because she wanted to avoid her sisters privacy as much as she could.

" How about I walk you to your car and then I can go get August for you? " she insisted, as Janien let out a light chuckle.

" okay, only because I feel like your begging at this point " she laughed, as Byrce followed with laughter.

" do you have instagram? " Byrce asked, as he opens the drivers door for Janien.

" nope, but I have Facebook " Janien assured him.

" that old ass app, here put your number in my phone so we can keep in touch, I'd love to hang sometimes?" Bryce spoke, as he handed Jan his phone.

Janien added her number and name in his contact before handing his phone back.

" Don't loose this, or you not getting it again " Jan laughed.

" oh you got jokes mama?" Byrce chuckled.

Janien and Bryce watched as a white
Subaru creeped down the street, stopping in front of the house before pulling off.
It wasn't shortly a minute later the same car did once again, but this time aiming at the house in which the party took place.

Shots fired through the House party which sent The two into a frenzy. Jan watched as Bryce grabbed his gun from below his waist band firing back.

" OLE BITCH ASS NIGGA " he said, while aiming at the car.

Lynn, and August along with a lot others ran from the house dodging bullets and getting into their cars .

People was pulling out left and right, which caused a traffic jam into Eastbrook street.

" this is exactly why didn't want to come in the first place! " Jan mumbled, as she merged onto the highway.

August rolled her eyes as she grabbed Janien phone from the cupboard.

𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
- Hey ma this Bryce, I'm sorry you had to see that go down like that 🤦🏾‍♂️.

August powered Janien phone off before placing it into the cupboard. She knew Jan wasn't going to ever go to another party with her... and probably end up telling their parents.

" what's said and done at Westbrook, stays at westbrook " Janien demanded, as she seen August peeking in her phone.

August sighed in relief as she was eased at what her sister had said, maybe she wouldn't tell after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 7.7K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
938K 21.4K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
4M 87K 62
β€’[COMPLETED]β€’ Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...