Demon Slayer Roleswap

By Laxxy245

Yay we got to 2K+ reads! Thanks! Cover art isn't mine! This goes almost exactly by the anime, but Nezuko is T... More

Cruelty (1)
Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki (2)
Sabito and Makomo (3)
Final Selection (4)
My Own Steel (5)
Muzan Jack- I Mean Kibutsuji! (7)
The Smell of Enchanting Blood (8)
Temari Demon and Arrow Demon (9)
Together Forever (10)
Tsuzumi Mansion (11)
The Boar Bares its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps (12)
Something More Important Than Life (13)
The House with the Wisteria Crest (14)
Mount Natagumo (15)
Letting Someone Else Go First (16)
You Must Master a Single Thing (17)
A Forged Bond (18)
Hinokami (19)
Pretend Family (20)
Against Corps Rules (21)
Master of the Mansion (22)
Hashira Meeting (23)
Rehabilitation Training (24)
Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri (25)
New Mission (26)

Swordsman Accompanying a Demon (6)

402 10 4
By Laxxy245

After the crow told Nezuko her mission, she got into her uniform right away. The uniform had a dark brown shirt with three buttons on the front, and on the back is a kanji that says 'destroy'. There is a pocket on her chest, and the collar is lined with white lining. She wears a dark brown short skirt with ruffles at the bottom. She wears her usual sandals with her grey and white stalkings. She put her pink hemp-leaf pattern haori over her uniform.

She did her hair by putting four light pink bows in her hair on either side of long strands of hair.

Nezuko stuck her leg out to see her skirt better, though she didn't really like how the skirt was so short. 

She slipped her sword into her belt and walked out to see Urokodaki.

"Are you ready?" Urokodaki asks.

"Yes." Nezuko replies.

"All right." Urokodaki says.

Nezuko is ready to head out, but Urokodaki stops her. 

"Nezuko. Now that you're starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you." Urokodaki tells her.

"Okay." Nezuko says.

"That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing is made of a special kind of fiber. The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily. A low-level demon's talons or fangs won't be able to manage to tear your uniform." Urokodaki explains.

"Wow. It's that strong?" Nezuko said.

"Also, that blade of yours... The colour varies from owner to owner, and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them. So little, in fact, that black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far." Urokodaki says.

"I don't know how I'll do it in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I'm going to turn Tanjiro back into a human no matter what." Nezuko nodded.

"Yes. You're right, I have faith that you're going to make that happen."

"Right."

"One more thing, take this." Urokodaki places a neatly crafted wooden box in front of her.

Nezuko stared at it in wonder, think about what to use it for.

"It's a box for you to carry your brother during the day built out of an extremely light wood called 'Cloud Mist Pine.' I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and to make it an even more durable box." Urokodaki presented.

"Thank you very much!" Nezuko said, picking up the box, "it's so light! It's really really light! Mr. Urokodaki!"

Nezuko places the box in front of Tanjiro, who is hiding in the covers. Nezuko closes the door behind her so Tanjiro doesn't burn. 

"Tanjiro. Get inside this, will you? Can you do it?" Nezuko asked.

"Mmmm..." Tanjiro hummed, hesitating about going in the box.

He eventually lets up and sits on the seat provided in the box in his tiny form.

"Tanjiro, from now on, we're always gonna be together, okay?" Nezuko said.

Nezuko closes the box door and swings it on her back. She is ready to leave.

"Alright, I'll be going now." Nezuko waved.

"Hold on. Do you mind?" Urokodaki stopped her.

He buttoned up the top button on her uniform and adjusts the straps on the box for her. He also peels off the bandage off her forehead to reveal a scar shaped like a vine on her forehead.

"All right." Urokodaki sends her off for real this time. 

Nezuko gives Urokodaki a quick hug and leaves for the road.

Nezuko is walking on the road to her destination. Her crow is perched on her arm to remind her of her mission.

"Matsuemon Tennoji, huh? I like that name." Nezuko smiles.

The crows flies off and Nezuko resumes her journey.

"Tanjiro, are you alright? Tanjiro?" Nezuko asks Tanjiro.

She flashes back to Urokodaki saying, 'I'm just guessing here, but it could be that Tanjiro is recovering his strength by sleeping instead of consuming human flesh.'

Tanjiro doesn't respond. Nezuko smiles and continues walking.

"Tanjiro... get lots of rest." She smiled.

An hour or so later, Nezuko arrives at a town along a river.

"Could this be the town of the northwest?" Nezuko mutters to herself.

Nezuko continues walking. A boy walks before her and townsfolk are whispering about him.

"Oh look, there's Kazumi. Poor thing. He looks so hagged." A woman whispers to another woman.

"Huh?" Nezuko heard their conversation.

Kazumi and Nezuko walk past eachother, trading glances.

"Because he was there when Satoko was taken." Another woman whispered back.

"Night after night... it's so creepy." A man whispers

"It's so dreadful!" The first woman that spoke said.

"When night falls, another girl is sure to be abducted." The second woman that spoke said.

"Ah...!" Nezuko startled.

She turns back to Kazumi.

"Mr. Kazumi! I'd like to hear your story. Is that all right?" Nezuko runs up to him and says.

"Ah..." Kazumi turns and sees her beaming face.

Somewhere else in town, Kazumi led Nezuko to the place Satoko disappeared, a walled path to be exact.

"This is where Satoko vanished. Though, you may not believe me." Kazumi pointed out.

"I do believe you! I believe you, all right! I believe you!" Nezuko exclaimed.

Nezuko walks forward and drops on her hands and knees. She put her nose to the ground and sniffs around. 

'There's still a faint trace of demon scent, but it's so uneven, so to speak. There something strange about this.' Nezuko thought.

'Who is this girl anyway?' Kazumi thought.

He flashed back to Satoko's parents blaming him for her disappearance.

"How dare you!" Satoko's father yelled. 

"Ah..." Kazumi startled.

"What do you mean, 'vanished'?! You bastard!!" He yelled at Kazumi.

"Dear! That's enough! Please stop!" Satoko's mother cried, on the verge of tears.

"Ngh..." Kazumi rubbed his head.

Nezuko stands up and starts following a small scent, Kazumi trails close behind. It's evening time by now.

"I want you to believe me. She really did vanish." Kazumi said.

"I believe you. That's why I'm here anyways." Nezuko said, keeping track of the scent.

They keep searching until the night.

"You're gonna keep going?" Kazumi asked.

"Yes." Nezuko says, not turning to look at him.

"Look how late it's gotten. I'm flattered that you're so concerned for me, but shouldn't you pick up again tomorrow and get some rest?" Kazumi asked her with concern.

Nezuko kneels suddenly.

"Those things are active during the night. I can't afford to rest. I've detected a new scent in this area. It's gotta be somewhere nearby." Nezuko said seriously, her attitude was way more different from when she first met him.

"Those things...? Don't tell me you're... You're seriously...?" Kazumi trailed off.

Elsewhere in town, A girl named Tokie is getting ready for bed in her house.

"How terrifying. I want you stay indoors for the time being." Tokie's mother told her.

"Yes mother. Now then, good night." Tokie walks out of the room.

Little did Tokie know, a shadow in the floor was following her while she traveled to her room. Tokie enters her room and gets ready for bed, hanging her kimono on a clothing rack.

"I wonder what became of the girls who were taken. I just hope they're all right." Tokie said with worry, lying down to sleep.

She closes her eyes to fall asleep. She didn't know, but two hands with sharp claws rose from the ground. They covered her mouth with a tight grip. Then they dragged her to the ground in a dark swampy puddle.

Nezuko's eyes widened, the demon was in the middle of kidnapping.

"Ah...!" Nezuko shouted.

She started sprinting towards the strong scent.

"Hey! What has gotten into you all of a sudden!?" Kazumi shouted.

'So fast!' Kazumi thought.

"The scent got stronger! The demon's at large!" Nezuko shouted.

Nezuko leaps high into the air gracefully while Kazumi tries to catch up to her.

'She jumped? She spoke of demons. The Demon Slayer Corps... Is she really...?' Kazumi thought, trying to run to catch up to Nezuko.

Nezuko's haori is large so the wind picked up her haori and she glided through the air. She lands in an alleyway and sniffs around. She found the demon's scent in the middle of the alley.

'This is it! It's here right now!' Nezuko thought, drawing her blade for the first time.

'Two different scents. A female human and a demon! They're nowhere to be seen. But, the spot where it's strongest is... right here!' Nezuko jabbed her sword into the ground, impaling the ground.

"Agh!" A demon cried, presumably the Swamp Demon.

Tokie, the girl who was abducted, rose from a black swamp in the ground.

Nezuko grabbed and carried Tokie from the swamp bridal style, the Swamp Demon ripped her sleeve a little. It emerges halfway from the swap it created.

'A morphed demon!' Nezuko prepared to strike.

Nezuko remembered what Urokodaki told her.

"The demons who use special spells called the "Blood Demon Art" possess supernatural abilities. You may fight those demons, as well, from now on." 

"Where are those girls you kidnapped?" Nezuko spat.

The demon grits his teeth at inhuman speeds. 

"I have two more questions for you!" Nezuko said.

The Swamp Demon seemed annoyed and continued gritting his teeth. He then disappeared underground before Nezuko can go on.

"W-Who was that!?" Kazumi asked.

"Mr. Kazumi! Please hold this girl and stand nearby. If you're inside my range of attack, I can protect you!" Nezuko commanded, handing Tokie over to Kazumi.

Nezuko walks towards the scent with her sword drawn.

'From the wall or the ground... It can emerge from anywhere. There's also a chance it can appear from thin air. But this demon... even when it's submerged, It can't remove its scent. Here is comes. Water Breathing: Fifth Form!' Nezuko thought.

Nezuko steps to attack, but three copies of the swamp demon appeared from the ground. They all looked relatively the same, except that the copies all had a different amount of horns on their head. They all wore fishnets and dark teal yakutas. Their eyes were pure red and their hair was blue with purple bangs.

Nezuko jumps back before one of the demons could grab her.

'Calm down. You can do it! Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin!' Nezuko thinks.

"Nezuko, listen to me closely. The type of demon with the blood that can turn humans into demons... There is only one type in the world." Urokodaki told Nezuko.

"Just one...?" Nezuko asked.

"The one who became a demon more than a thousand years ago. In other words, that is your family's foe. Moreover, I believe he's the one who might know how to turn your brother back into a human." Urokodaki explained.

"Oh?" Nezuko wondered.

"That demon's name is... Muzan Jack— I mean Kibutsuji." Urokodaki told her.

'Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin!' Nezuko thought.

She ended up cutting one of the Swamp Demon's arms off.

'Dammit! I missed all of the vulnerable spots! Because I switched form mid-way through!' Nezuko thought.

The demon's arms fall to the ground.

"Ah!" The demon groans in pain.

It disappeared into the ground. Nezuko jumps backwards to defend Kazumi.

'They all have the same scent. I was told that demons don't band together as a rule. So one demon has dispersed into three. I'm going to protect those two while slashing those three demons. Don't loose your nerve. Make sure you get to tell him about Muzan Jack— I mean Kibutsuji... and how to turn a demon back into a human.' Nezuko thought, looking around for the demons.

The demon prepared to grab Kazumi.

'Total Concentration.' Nezuko thinks.

"Ah!" Kazumi exclaims.

'Water Breathing: Second Form, Water Wheel!' Nezuko's attack cuts off the demon's arms again.

'Agh! Too slow again!' Nezuko shouts in her mind.

She slashes at the demon twice, but misses. The demon travels a little bit further away from them.

'Urgh... I can't chase him too far. And I can't take a full swing while protecting others!' Nezuko was trying to think of a plan.

"You bastard!" The demon shouted.

"Hm.?" Nezuko gave him a glare.

"Back off for crying out loud! That girl's going to go stale on me, dammit!" The demon yelled.

"H-Huh?!" Nezuko exclaimed, taken aback.

"That girl's already 16, okay? If I don't devour her soon, she's going to loose flavour by the second!" The demon exclaims, pounding his fists on the dirt.

"Ah..!" Kazumi turned the other direction, still looking at the demon, but Tokie not being in sight of the demon.

Another demon rises out of the ground, the one with two horns.

"Calm down my other self." The demon says.

"Ngh!" Nezuko watches the scene, on guard.

"Hey, so what?" The demon with one horn answered.

"There are gonna be nights like this. I've fed on plenty of 16-year-old girls in this town. They were all meaty and delicious. I'm satisfied." The demon with two horns replied.

"Well I'm not satisfied. I wanna consume more!" The one-horn demon exclaimed psychotically.

"You monster... Return Satoko to me. The one you abducted the night before the last!" Kazumi commanded.

The third copy rises to the surface. Two copies start to grit their teeth.

"Satoko? What are you talking about?" The one-horned demon asks.

He then pulls his yakuta to the side, revealing an assortment of hairpins and bows. One stood out to Kazumi the most, the bright red bow. That belonged to Satoko.

"..." Kazumi looked at his collection of hairpins in shock.

"If her hairpin is among this collection, then I've already devoured her." The demon showed off his collection with pride.

All of the demons slowly sink into their puddles. 

"Ngh!" Nezuko grunts, not able to pinpoint their exact location.

One of the demons appears and attacks Nezuko. She cuts his arm off before he attacks.

'I missed again!' Nezuko thought.

The demon flees quickly.

'He can escape so quickly!' Nezuko looked around with unease.

A dark blotch appears on the wall. 

"Ah!" Nezuko exclaims, 'Oh no! I've gone too close to the wall!'

The demon attacks, but Nezuko dodges it with ease. Another one comes from behind and almost makes her fall over, she regains her footing quickly.

"Grrr!" The swamp demon growls.

Tanjiro's head comes flying out of the box, sending the Swap Demon flying in the other direction.

"Urgh!" The demon groans.

Another copy emerges from the ground.

"Why would a mere human be accompanying a demon?" One of the copies asked, 'What is the meaning of this? Who are those two? Are they a Swordsman and a demon working together!?'

Tanjiro steps out of the box. 

'I don't get it at all...' the demon goes into a puddle in confusion.

Tanjiro turns to Kazumi and Tokie.

"Ah!" Kazumi exclaims.

Tanjiro walks over to them and lays his hand on Kazumi's cheek, along with Tokie. He imagined them as his dead siblings.

"Tanjiro..." Nezuko mutters.

He turns back to the rising swamp demon copies. 

"This may be cold comfort, but while Tanjiro was asleep, I used hypnotic suggestion on him." Urokodaki told Nezuko.

"Suggestion?" Nezuko asked.

"'All humans are your family, protect humans. All demons are the enemy!'" Urokodaki told her.

Tanjiro jumps forward and tries to head butt the copies.

"Mhmmgrrr!" Tanjiro growls.

"Tanjiro!" Nezuko shouts.

"Never forgive any demon who brings harm onto humans!" Urokodaki's words rang in Tanjiro's head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 51 38
First story no hate pls and thank you <3 This story takes place in the future where Nezuko is human and they defeated Muzan I hope you enjoy reading...
73.9K 1.4K 15
IM GOING TO START RE WRITING THIS STORY This is an AU that I have created it's about where tanjiro is the now true demon king hIs father was the demo...
54.6K 1.4K 14
Inosuke has lived in the wild his whole life until recently. Since he met Tanjiro and Zenitsu, he got to experience friendship for the first time. Al...
3.4M 130K 59
╰⋯➤ [#𝟷𝟶 𝙵𝙰𝙽𝙵𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 | 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳 ] ❝𝗛𝗲'𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗵𝘂𝘀𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗱. 𝗛𝗲'𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝘂𝘀𝗯𝗮...