The Greatest (TLOK)

Von JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... Mehr

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

3) The get together

515 18 3
Von JaneMayLily

Sophie POV

I hold my head in my hands and sigh.

How are we gonna get 30000 yuans for the championship pot?

This morning we were so kindly informed that we had to contribute this ungodly amount or my brothers are out of the championship.

How unfair is that?

They worked so hard and now they only fail because of money?
That's not fair!

"You good?"I hear Kai ask from the door.

"Go away."I say and drop my head onto the table.

"Of course I'll come in and here, I brought you some tea."he says sitting down opposite from me.

I pick my head up off the table and give him a suspicious look.

"What do you want?"I ask, grabbing the tea to smell if it is poisoned

Seems okay.

Kai looks at me annoyed and rolls his eyes.

"It's not poisoned, shortcake.Why would I poison my favorite person anyway?"he asks giving me a smile.

I take a sip of the tea and set it down next to me.

"What did you do?"I ask leaning back in my chair.

"I did nothing but I do have a favor to ask.I'm going to a event tomorrow but I have to sort some stuff out today so everything goes well.Could you cover for me and finish up the project file alone?"he asks with a pleading look.

I look at him for a second but nod."Okay but you owe me 5 trips to the archive in the basement whenever I ask you to."I stick out my hand so we can shake on it.

I hate the basement.It's dark, creepy and it takes hours to find something.

"Deal"he shakes my hand.

"So what's got you all bothered."he asks rocking on the chair.

"Ugh my brothers need 30000 yuans for the championship pot or they're getting kicked out."I say and rub my face.

When we found out this morning that we needed that much money, Mako said that he'll just figure it out like he always does which I hated as I hoped that this whole championship thing would be a chance for him to stop stressing and I'm also really scared that Bolin is gonna do something super stupid to get the money.

"Shame, that's rough buddy."he says and runs a hand through his hair.

"You don't by any chance have 30000 lying around your house?"I ask in a hopeful tone.

"Yeah, right next to my bed made out of gold."he jokes.

"Funny, so anyway, have you gotten the feedback on the problematic cars and if my solution worked out?"I ask wanting to change the subject.

"Yeah, they all did what you told them too and bam it's fixed.You make me feel useless."he groans.

I smirk,"Oh please, you don't even need me to make you feel like that."

"Ha ha,funny, anyways I'm gonna get going and I hope you suffer the rest of the day."he stretches and stands up.

"Hope you have a lovely evening to, Kai."I say and pick up my pencil.

"Bye superstar!"he shouts and walks out, closing the door behind him.

What is up with these nicknames?

I carry on drawing sketches for the new airplanes until I'm interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Come in!"I shout and look up.

"There's someone here for you.He says his name is Mako.Should I throw him out?He looks sketchy?."Jinanda, the secretary to our building, asks.

"No Jinanda please let him in.Thank you and have a nice evening."I say and close my note book.

She nods and walks out.

Mako walks in.

"Why aren't you home yet?"Mako asks.

I stand up and pack my stuff away.

"I had to finish up a important project and not that I'm not happy to see you but why are you here?"I ask, walking over to the bookshelf and put back one of the mechanic books I was using.

You see, as much as Mako and Bolin protect me from the real world, this is still my job.

They know that they can't just walk in whenever they feel like it and if they do walk me from work we always meet outside.

"Bolin is missing and I thought he maybe felt neglected and came to you."he says looking around my office.

I give him a concerned look and walk back to my desk.

"He hasn't visited me in like months.Is everything okay?"I ask closing my backpack.

"Yeah everything is fine."Mako says turning around.

"Liar,"I say and stand up,"Let's go."

I walk to the door but Mako stops me.

"You're not coming with us.You're going home."he says with a scowl.

"Sure,let me walk home all alone,in the darkness,where no one can hear me scream and cry as I'm being mugged."I shrug and start walking out.

Mako grabs my shoulder,"This is blackmailing and wouldn't you have done that anyway?"he asks rolling his eyes.

"Yeah but now you can stop me from doing it."I say and give him a sweet smile.

"Fine but if anything happens you stay out of it."he try's to compromise.

"Sure big brother, now let's save my other big brother."

I walk out with him following close behind me.

"How do you know he needs saving?"Mako asks

I lock my door and turn to him.
"It's Bolin, Mako"I say in a 'duh' tone and roll my eyes.

We walk out of the building and I see Korra leaning against a wall.

We walk to her and there's a beat of silence before I ask "Any leads?"

Later that day
Third POV

The group settles down next to the water fountain leaning against Naga.

Sophie settles down next to Mako and leans her head on his arm.He wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer to his side.

In a matter of minutes she falls asleep, exhausted from the events that took place earlier.

"She falls asleep really quickly.That must be a superpower or something."Korra says.

Mako looks down and hums in agreement.

"She's a fighter too, it looked like she gave a pretty mean right hook.Knocked someone straight of their feet."Korra jokes looking at Mako.

"One of the few good things she learnt when Bolin and I did work for the triple threats back in the day."Mako says with a dark look.

"What?Are you some kind of criminal?"Korra whisper-shouts not wanting to wake up Sophie.

"No.You don't know what you're talking about.I just ran numbers for them and stuff.We were orphans out on the street.I did what I had to do to survive and protect my siblings."Mako explains looking down at Sophie again.

"I'm sorry.It must have been really hard.Can I ask what happened to your parents?"Korra asks carefully.

Mako sighs,"They were mugged by a firebender.He cut them down right in front of me.Sophie was also there but she was too young to remember anything.Only reason I got away was the motivation I had to protect her.I was eight and she was four."He says and pulls Sophie closer just so he can feel reassured that she is, in fact, safe.

He would much rather have her home, but she simply refuses to leave and let him do this without her.

"Mako..."Korra says quietly .

"They are the only family I have left.If anything were to happen to them..."he doesn't finish the sentence and Korra drops the subject.

Soon after they both also fell asleep.

The next day
Sophie POV

I woke up feeling like I slept on the floor when I remember that I actually did.

Luckily it was my day off today so I didn't have to worry about that either.

I sat up properly and looked at the two people sitting next to me and almost started squealing.

My brother and the avatar were all cuddled up and their heads were against each other, both still sleeping.

I tried to get up but Mako had his arm tightly wrapped around my shoulder as if something was about to come and steal me.

Some equaliser started chanting,"equality now!" loudly which woke them both up and realise that they were basically cuddling.

This freaked them out and caused them to jump apart.

Mako let go of me and basically jumped on me in a hurry to put distance inbetween.

"Get off of me!"I shout and kick Mako in the back with the leg that he wasn't sitting on.

This is a violation of some sort.

Mako quickly gets off me and helps me sit up.

Korra looks around and sees the equalist.

"That's the guy."she says and points at him.

We walk towards the chanting man who gasps and stops when sees Korra.

"It's you again.You cannot silence me avatar."he shouts and points a finger in her face.

She in return slaps his megaphone and tells him to shut up and listen.

I watch the whole thing silently like I had promised Mako.

She asks him about the chi-blockers and he replies that he doesn't know what she's talking about.

"Oh I think you do."she says and kicks his table in the air.

I really think this girl doesn't do calm and rational.

I catch one of the flyers that were in the air and read it.

I elbow Mako and give it to him.

"Witness the revelation tonight, 9:00."he reads out loud.

"What's this revelation?"he asks.

"Nothing that concerns the likes of you three."the equalist spits out.

Korra grabs him by his collar and lifts him in the air.

This girl is so cool and strong.

"You better believe it concerns us.Spill it."she says.

"No one knows what the revelation is ,and I have no idea what happened to your friend, but if he's a bender then my bet is,he's getting what's coming to him."he says and then looks at me,"And you will soon learn that benders are the root of all evil and the only thing they can do is harm us."

Is this guy okay?

Mako pushes me behind him and glares at the man.

"Where is the revelation happening?"he asks the man.

I look on the floor and see that the back of the posters have some type of map on them.

"Hey, what's going on over there?"I hear someone shout and blow their whistle.

I quickly drop to the floor and pick up as many flyers as I can.

"The avatar's oppressing us.Help!"the equalist shouts.

"Let's scram."Korra says and starts running.

I was still picking up posters till she grabbed the back of my jacket and made me run with her with Mako close behind us.

We run till we stop at a bus station and I can finally drop all the posters on the floor.

I felt like I was dying, I really have to workout more.

Korra and Mako sit down on a bench and she picked up one of the flyers on the floor.

"Why didn't the equalists put a location on these?"Korra asks.

I kneel on the floor and sort out the flyers.

There are 4 different types of maps in the pile.

"Probably because they don't want just anyone waltzing into their big revelation.What ever that is.Sophie what are you doing?Get off the floor.We talked about this."Mako says.

I ignore him and carry on."I bet the information is hidden on here somehow."he says and looks at the posters.

"You're right Mako.It is.Look at the back of the flyers.There's four different images.If you put them together,It show the Location."I explain and hand him the four different posters.

"So it's a puzzle?"she asks, looking at me.

"Yeah...of a map"I say.

Mako stands up with the four posters and holds them against the map at the bus station.

He moves them around a bit till they match.

"Bingo.That must be where it's going down."he says and turns to me and Korra.

Korra ruffles my hair and Mako gives me a smile.

"Good job"Korra says and I just shrug.

We get some different clothes and hats to cover our faces.

Mako try's to make me go home again but I'm not sitting out on this one.

I mean it's just probably gonna be one massive get together anyway.

We walk to the place and put on our hats.

When we reach the door we are stopped by a bouncer.

"This is a private event."he says looking at us.

"No one gets in without an invitation."

I feel around in my coat pockets, trying to find the poster.That can be the only invitation there is.I mean why else would they hand them out.

"Uh, invitation?"Korra asks.

I try to shoot her a 'shut up' look before she blows it.

"You mean this?"I ask and pull out the poster.

He grabs it from me and his look softens.

"The revelation is upon us,My brother and sisters."he says and steps to the side.

We walk in together and I let out a sigh of relief.That could have ended ugly.

"What would we do without?" Korra asks.

"I really don't know."I reply and send a smirk towards Mako.

"Good that I didn't stay home right."I say and cross my arms.

He grumbles something and rolls his eyes.

We walk over to a balcony and I gasp.

This wasn't a get together.More like a rally against all benders.

"I knew a lot of people hated benders, but I've never seen so many in one place.Keep your eyes out for Bolin."Mako says and we walk down into the crowd.

They both each grab one of my shoulders so I don't get lost in the crowd.

I know that I'm shorter than both of them but I'm not a kid anymore.

We walk into the middle of the crowd and look at the stage.

"Please welcome your hero, your saviour, Amon!"someone shouts into a microphone and the crowd cheers and claps.

I look at Korra and she looks unsure ,maybe even a bit scared?

Amon walks forward to the microphone and gives a whole speech about equality and how his family was killed by firebenders and  the reason why he wears a mask.

He starts walking about Korra and the crowd starts booing.

This is bad, really bad.

We all push our scarfs a pit higher up so they cover the whole bottom half of our face.

He carries on preaching about how bad bending is and how is the root of all evil but that was about to change.

That confused me,you can't change someone's bending but I was quickly shown that you in fact can when he revealed that he can take bending away and that the spirits have chosen him to bring in a new era of balance.

"That's impossible."Korra says.

I don't want to stay long enough to see if it is.

"There's no-way"she carries on.

"This guys is insane."Mako says

He sure is.

He bring out a few people on stage so he can show his abilities.

I run my eyes over each one till they land on my stupid, big brother

"There's Bolin"Korra says and try's to walk to the stage.

Mako grabs her arm and stops her,
"Wait, we can't fight them all.We need to be smart about this."he argues with her.

"Then come up with a game plan, team captain."she says looking at him.

Amon brings forward lightening bolt zolt and shows us his abilities by taking away his bending.Zolt fall to the ground and struggles to stand up.

Amon was strong and that scared me.What if he got his hands on Korra or my brothers.What would happen to them.

"The era of bending is over.A new era of equality has begun!"Amon chants and the crowd cheers.

I look around the room and get a idea about how we can get Bolin out of here.

"Any ideas yet?"Korra asks us.

"Yeah,I think so.See those machines? They're powered by water and steam.If you create some cover,Mako can grab Bolin without anyone seeing."I explain and look at Mako to see if he approves.

"Then we duck out of here."Mako finishes,"Sophie, you wait by the exit.Promise me you won't do anything stupid."Mako carries on.

I groan but nod.

I turn around and start making my way out of the crowd.

I pull my scarf back up and look around.

I stop when I think that my eyes are playing a trick on me.

Kai?

Instead of walking towards the exit I turn in the direction I think I saw Kai and walk carefully towards him.

And the closer I get, the surer I am.

There he stands, cheering and clapping with the biggest smile on his face while watching people loose a part of themselves.

I stop a few meters from him and just look.

I knew he disliked benders but I thought he'd be smarter than becoming an equalist.

I look to the stage and see that it's almost Bolins turn.

What is taking Korra so long?

I decide to change my plan of waiting by the exit and run towards the door Korra went into.

While I make my way through the crowd of people I take one last look at Kai.

Hopping that my eyes had betrayed me but no, he's still there cheering and laughing.

I walk into the hall that Korra walked into and hear fighting.

I look around the corner to see Korra fighting with the bouncer.

I have to help her.

I frantically look around for something to help me fight.

To my luck there were a few metal pipes right next to me and pick one up.

Why are these so heavy.I really got to workout more but as if that's gonna happen.

I pick one up and lay it on my shoulder.

The man's back is turned towards me and he is too distracted by Korra to notice me sneaking up to him.

I swing the pole with all the strength I can muster and hit him straight over the head, the impact throwing him into the boiler which causes it to start smoking.

Korra looks at me in surprise but starts smiling.

"You are amazing, you know that?"she asks and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I've been told so."I say and drop the pole onto the man.

"This should be enough.Let's go."she bends the steam and we start running.

Korra shrugs of her coat and we run out into a ally.

When we arrive outside, I see that my brothers are getting their ass's kicked.

Korra doesn't hesitate and earthbends a rock out of the floor which causes the equalist to fly into a wall.

"I wouldn't count us out yet."she says all badass and whistle's for Naga.

Korra goes to Mako and I go to Bolin.

"Bo you're okay.I'm so happy you're okay.How stupid are you?"I ask as all emotions wash over me at once.

Bolin sits up and rubs his head.

"Give me a break Phie.I already got my ass kicked today, you can have your turn tomorrow."he grumbles.

I stand up and see Naga running full speed towards us.

I step to the side and catch Mako's hand so he can help me jump onto Naga.

While Bolin is picked up by Naga and carried.

I turn around and see a bunch of equalists following us till they all stop and look up.

I follower their line of sight and see Amon standing on a balcony and if it was for the mask I swear we would have made eye contact.

Naga drops us off at the arena and Korra quickly rushes of home.

I try to help both my brothers walk as they are still a bit wobbly from all the electroshocks that they had received.

We get to the attic and a silence falls over us.

We all turn to each other and I pull them into a group hug.

"I'm so happy you're okay."I say and feel tears threatening to fall.

I didn't know if it was from relief or out of fright or both.

"We're okay."I hear Mako say quietly, almost as if reassuring himself.

"Together."Bolin adds hugging us closer.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

52.7K 1.3K 63
"The moon's beautiful isn't it?" "Not as much as you." "You're getting more and more predictable day by day." +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...
206K 8.5K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...
6.9K 141 8
A hundred years ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. That changed, though, after Avatar Roku died and Fire Lord Sozin launched the Great...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...