Prettiest Lie - A Taekook Lov...

By Dani-luv-bts

Taehyung and Jungkook had been in a relationship for the past 8 year. There's nothing that they love more tha... More

01 - Prologue.
02 - An opportunity of a lifetime.
03 - Off To A Good Start.
04 - You're Being Mean To Me.
05 - Am I Your Friend?
06 - Don't Make Heart Eyes At Him.
07 - Let Me Sleep, Tiger.
08 - What's This Ugly Feeling?
09 - First Time For Butterflies..
10 - Growing Friendships.
11 - Another story.
12 - A Fraction Of A Thought.
13 - I think I like him
14 - Scandal With The Wrong Guy.
15 - Some Personal Time For Us All.
16 - We Will Always Be On The Same Side.
17 - Fun At The Beach.
18 - How Did You Know That?
20 - Best Voices Of The Country.
21 - No One Will Notice.
22 - It Sucks To Be Alone.
23 - Seeds Of Doubt..
24 - My Loyalty Is To You..
25 - Open And Honest..
26 - Shattered Glass Bubbles..
27 - Apologies... And News Articles..
28 - This Will Not Break Them.
29 - The Cat Is Out Of The Bag Now..
30 - Safe, even in hell..
31 - Tell Me I'm Your Idiot..
32 - I'm only human..
33 - Mirror, mirror, on the wall..
34 - Love And Respect, Go Hand In Hand..
35 - A Personal Insult.
36 - Acceptance..
37 - 9 Years With You..
38 - A String Of Trouble..
39 - The Fall From Grace...
100K ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
40 - Someone Is After Us Both..
41 - He's Involved With Me..
42 - One Last Thought...
43 - I'm His Fiancรฉ...
44 - I Will Destroy You.
45 - Thank You For Finding Him..
46 - Did You Miss Me?
47 - I Was So Scared...
48 - I'm Done Hiding Myself..
49 - A Storm Is About To Hit..
50 - Do You Trust Me?
51 - Stopped World...
52 - This Ends Here, Today.
53 - World As It Should Be..
54 - Epilogue.
55 A/N..

19 - I Expected A Better Welcome.

6.7K 527 81
By Dani-luv-bts

Usually, when two people speak at the same time to cover up a lie, it ends in disaster. But fortunately for Taehyung, this panicked blunder worked out perfectly for him.

"Hoseok told me."

"I told him."

Taehyung and Hoseok said at the same time, making the group take turns to look at them.

"Ahhh, yes. We were just talking yesterday at the beach and, you know, it just came up." Hoseok said with a little chuckle, before looking at Taehyung. "I'm so glad you remembered it."

"Uhh.. yeah. Me too." Taehyung was a great actor so his face did not betray any of the earlier worry or the subsequent relief in his heart.

When Jungkook returned with his new food plate, the table had turned back to normal, carefree conversations. He quietly sat next to Taehyung, without really looking at the latter.

After lunch, they were to relax for a few hours before their evening activity, which happened to be hiking a small mountain trail in the middle of the island. It's relatively small and shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours to get to the top. The path is confirmed to be safe from any dangerous wildlife and there's a small clearing at the top which is being used as a camping site.

Yeonjun and Soobin had already made arrangements for the camping gear to be made available so the group only has to carry their overnight clothes and other personal items. Anyone without appropriate attire or accessories, can buy those from the shop in the hotel.

By 4 in the afternoon, everyone was ready with their small backpacks. Although the trail is pretty obvious and with hardly any chance of getting lost, the two organisers didn't want to take any chances. So they had few local guides too.

The group, of course, had different levels of enthusiasm for this activity. Some were very excited. Some, not so much.

Jungkook was hyped up to the maximum and really enjoyed walking through the forest and the climb. It was exactly his kind of adventure, something about being connected with nature always made him happy.

Sana, on the other hand, had her lips tightly closed, eyes darting in every direction at the slightest noise. She was still polite and charming, but it was very clear that hiking was not one of her preferred activities.

Jimin seemed like he's having the time of his life. He was occasionally dragging Yoongi by his hand, who muttered about how he would have loved to have a nap in the afternoon, instead of walking miles and sweating buckets. Hoseok didn't particularly show a likeness or a dislike. He just walked with Taehyung, who was having the same neutral expression on his face.

Once they reached the camping site, everyone was left with open mouths. It was a  flat and a clear area except for a few big trees around the edges that had hammocks hanging. Loose clusters of tents in the middle, with two folding chairs in front of the tent and stuff needed for a campfire laid on the side. A picturesque stream with the clearest water they have ever seen.

"Alright guys", Soobin's loud voice boomed through the clearing. "Two people for a tent, sleeping bags are already inside. You can stay with your rooming partner or someone else, your choice. If you are planning to get into the stream, you absolutely can. It's clean and not that deep. Although you might want to do it sooner than later because I've been told that it gets really cold at night. Barbecue will start in around an hour's time, near that big tree over there. We have people to manage it but anyone who would like to help with it, is most welcomed."

Soobin smiled at everyone as they nodded their heads to show that they understood the instructions, before walking towards the tents. Taehyung was already making a beeline towards a tent and just as Hoseok decided to follow him, a voice called out his name.

"Hobi hyung!"

Hoseok turned around to see Jungkook walking towards him with quick steps. Jungkook stopped near Hoseok and spoke in an urgent voice.

"Hyung, can I switch with you please?"

A surprised noise made past Hoseok's lips. "What?"

"The tent. Can we switch?"

Hoseok looked around to see whether anyone was within hearing distance before leaning to whisper. "Kookie, please don't do any funny business in an open area tent. You don't know how the sound might carry and-"

"-Oh my God- Hyung!!"

Jungkook's loud voice gained a few people's attention so he immediately shut his mouth and offered a silent smile to them. It took a few seconds for the others to get back to their own business, and then Jungkook turned back to glare at Hoseok.

"I'm not gonna- are you crazy?!" Jungkook looked utterly mortified with the thought even.

Hoseok raised his eyebrow a bit. "You're not?"

"No!!" Jungkook's voice was barely audible now. "It's just that he doesn't like the outdoors that much. Bugs and all. I just wanna help."

"Oh.."

"Yeah. What were you even thinking of, hyung? We would not put everything we worked for on the line for a fuck. Trust me."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, Kookie. It's just that my mind is a little troubled after what happened at lunch today. I'm so fucking grateful for what he did but it a close call. Too close."

That was enough for Jungkook to lose the glare in his eyes. He gave a nod when Hoseok put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I know hyung. We will be more careful, I promise."

Hoseok smiled a bit and ruffled Jungkook's hair affectionately. The idol might be a fully grown and capable man now but in his mind,  Hoseok can't shake the image of the wide, bambi eyed 15 year old he saw all those years ago. Hoseok always considered Jungkook as his own brother and he had a strong protective instinct toward the younger.

Taehyung was unpacking his backpack when he heard the sound of the tent unzipping. He had his back turned towards the entryway and didn't turn around, assuming it to be Hoseok.

"Uhhh…" Taehyung snapped his head so fast that Jungkook was worried about the possibility of it cracking. "I expected a warmer welcome, to be honest."

Taehyung quickly got up from the floor. "You're with me?"

"Yeah," Jungkook dropped his backpack next to the vacant sleeping bag. "I switched with Hobi hyung."

"Why? I mean-" Taehyung quickly backtracked due to the questioning look Jungkook was giving him. "-of course I have no problem with it. Forgive me."

Jungkook huffed as he turned and kneeled next to his backpack. "I don't want you to stay awake the whole night, listening to bug noises."

"Awww.. how kind of you."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Taehyung chuckled loudly, making Jungkook smile too. The latter then got up with his face towel in his head, clearly intending to go to the stream. Taehyung stayed still as Jungkook walked towards the tent flap, but as he came nearer, blocked his way.

Taehyung's eyes darted around the tent, assessing how translucent the tent was. Once he realised it was sufficient for what he had in mind, he started to talk towards Jungkook, who in turn walked back, trying to maintain the distance between their bodies.

"Tae.."

"Hmm.."

Jungkook crouched down when there wasn't enough space for him to stand straight and finally feel on his ass. Taehyung chuckled at the other's clumsiness as he leaned forward in a more graceful way.

"What- what are you doing?"

Taehyung silently leaned forward, making Jungkook gasp in surprise. He was leaning back now, upper body supported by his elbows. Any further, Jungkook would have fallen flat on his back. Just then, Taehyung straightened his posture and got up. His own towel clutched securely in his hand. Taehyung smirked at the other before waving his towel.

"I was going to get my towel. Why, what were you thinking, baby?"

"Tae!" Jungkook quickly got up. "Please.. what if someone saw?"

"The tent material is quite thick, Koo. No one would be able to see anything. Unless there's a light inside. Now come on, I wanna see how cold that stream is."

Taehyung quickly walked outside. But it took about half a minute for Jungkook to follow. He had to calm his hyper beating heart first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 104K 65
"Are you sure you can manage to protect me? You seem to really hate me." "I do hate you, your highness. But don't let that worry your royal head. Res...
415K 20.9K 27
(complete) โœ… " Are you fucking mad? Why the fuck did you do this ?" - Taehyung "Because it's so satisfying" - Jungkook "Wait no... W-what do you th...
350K 12.7K 40
Jungkook:WHAT?! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SAYING MOM?! I'LL NEVER MARRY HIM!! Taehyung:w..what?! HUH WHAT?! WHEN DID I SAY THAT? Kids?!!! With that rabbi...
140K 6.5K 30
Jeon Jungkook, an handsome boy in his twenties works in the perfumery industrie. He has seven big sisters. He is the youngest and the only boy of the...