Dawn Nightmares

Av Misszarah1

I have seen it all and I know I will not live long before they sink their canines into my neck, that is why I... Mer

conversations with the unknown
Nightmares are real and exist in this world and beyond.
There is a hidden truth taken from our subconscious
People like us
Playing with the night
The dusty book
More than one power
Trailing blood on ancient map
The owl whistled
A Blink of An Eye
The next day
How it ended
Grey ashes

There is truth in multitude of lies

2 2 0
Av Misszarah1

Chapter 7

I was supernatural, everyone at the orphanage was supernatural, sister Lisa, sister Theresa.... father mateyu.

They were all involved in this twisted game, they knew the truth but chose to keep us in the dark, the dark where creatures like rogue vampires and werewolves lived. A world where witches whose mind had been darkened by operating dark magic lived. But then why keep us at the orphanage.

I was so deep in thought, my head thumbed loud enough for my ears to go deaf. At least I wasn't alone in this revelation, Eli was there. A weird short boy who simply had a lot to say in every situation. He was also doing it then.

"This food is weirdly good" he spoke while chewing loudly, "mmmh, they seriously are trying to kill us....look at the window see that bird is staring at us, let me paraphrase, staring at you"

"Seriously though, we are doing this, talking about a bird, wow Eli"

"What are we talking about?" Said a tiny voice behind me. I jumped, Eli chocked from his food that was full in his mouth. His eyes was on the cage of popping out. "Nothing interesting" smiled Eli, an unconvincing smile. "Cut me some crack. I need any kind of gossip right now 'cause my day just became a foul play" Tama cried.

"Do you believe the stories that sister Lisa always tells us?" I asked, it was better to start with baby steps. Did she believe.

"Hell yeah, I am surprised people here don't see how things roam about at night" it was my turn to chock on my food. I wasn't relieved to see someone other than me and well Eli believing that there are creatures out there whom we are there prey. I had to stop thinking about about prey or else I would faint again. Of cause she didn't.

"You see them too?" I asked, what if she laughed and says she was kidding. It was not a time to be afraid of be called crazy by her, I just had to hope she saw them too and maybe, maybe together, we might unveil the layers of reality.

***

I was relieved.

There were a bunch of people that saw what I saw but kept quite because of fear of being sent to the toture room or worse being taken to a place which they tell us is out side the orphanage, the world but in actual sense, they mean our end. They would take us to a place where they would use us for experiments.

There were others like me, alot, sitting and waiting for a day that shall come where we will be free. Tracing through each story sister Lisa had told us, it turned out everything was connected. She was trying to tell us something, to warn us.

Whatever it was, I knew it wasn't good but it was a start.

I was wondering around like a lost animal around the church compound, the church had been closed which was knew. I would climb the steps and descend down running from nothing, perhaps from my thoughts that were really moving and hitting the fragile walls of my mind. I was waiting for the door to be opened.

I looked at the sky, it was still early in the morning. Yesterday had been a huge cup of tea to swallow that almost burned my tongue.

I kept tossing and turning on the bed but atleast no one tried to visit me. Sister Lisa was contradicting, I didn't know if I should hope she was trying to help me or not but a huge part of me believed she was trying to protect me from something bad. But there was the other little part of me that didn't trust her even for a minute.

The morning was oddly silent, no birds sung or Danced in the sky, no wind tried to brush of the sand on the ground. There was only twig of a tree on the side of the forest where I had seen the wolf, which from yesterday I had learned to be a werewolf.

It was him that day but this day, it had to be different. It had to be a bird flying or being caught by the thick bushy brushes of the leaves from the tree that seemed to stare back at me. That's what you get from getting up before curfew.

I climbed the steps again and stood in front of the door. I needed to get inside, I needed to go to the church's library and look for something, anything that might appear useful. I heard the twig again. It was getting closer. I looked around for anything that might not make me feel so defenseless.

There was a huge rock just beside the door. It was either hitting it on the door or throwing it at the werewolf. There was only one problem, the rock was probably thousand pounds judging from the size of it.

I was defenseless. I was so dead.
I turned and looked at the vibrating leaves and prayed that I would be spared. When it was coming out of view I knew that I was going to die. It made a sound I am almost died.
I almost died in laughter.

There it was an animal that almost killed me with fright. It looked petrified by me, it looked cute and a little edible. The rabbit ran back to wherever it came from and I heard footsteps in the church. As the footsteps started coming closer I felt calm again and happy that I was going to go to the library.

Thinking about the library, I found it very odd that I got up maybe around four having a feeling to go the library. Like an uncontrollable urge or calling to go to the library.

Having that in mind, I was no longer thrilled to have the door opened. Well it was already opening. I wanted to run but I was tired of running. I wanted to face this, whatever it was. I wanted to know everything, starting from the start to the possible futures.

Standing in front of me was sister Lisa. I released a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"Come, we have been waiting for you" she said. Dragging my shaking hands away towards the dark church. The window were closed and the only light was from a door on the right side of the stage of the church. "We?" The rest of the question died in my head when I saw Tamando (Tama), Mwayi, Kumbukani (Kumbu), Eli, Joshua, and alot of kids in the orphanage. Joshua was Eli's friend, aka the bully.

"Why were you just standing outside instead of entering?" Asked Kumbu. "I thought it was closed....what is going on here" I asked clearly I was still alarmed. My hands were still shaking. " Relax, I won't bite, well I might but just a little bit" answered Joshua. I always avoided him, he is trouble himself and now everything made sense.

"You are werewolf" I said almost shouted. "Correction half wolf and half human" he answered "that explains a lot" I mummered. "What is that" he asked. "Nothing" I answered too quickly.

"So why did you remain outside?" Asked Joshua so loud. I could see he was trying to do something. Whatever it was, it was definitely about making me feel small and nothing.

"I thought the door was closed" I answered weirdly with a tiny voice.

"Did you check the door?" He asked again. His question was starting to irritate me.

"No so will you shut up" I shouted. He smirked and sister Lisa's face went pale.

"Who told you the door was closed" she asked, "no one I just..." I stammered "know" I said together with sister Lisa. "You just know, that means someone was messing up with your mind. Making you not to enter. That only means that they know of our little meetings" sister Lisa spoke. I wanted to go to the library and I know I didn't sign up for this.

"I know, I am the one who summonsed you, time is going. You need to leave and find your mother from there you will know what to do to stop this disgusting business" I nodded although I wasn't hearing what she was saying. " Where is the campas?" She asked "it's in my back".

"You have to carry it anywhere so that today doesn't repeat itself" she said. "What do you mean" I asked. She moved towards a wall and threw a purple liquid on it and the wall turned purple. She entered in the purple glowing wall and vanished. I had to o be still asleep. I turned towards Tama and Eli, "What does she mean" asked them. "It means, no one can alter your thoughts and control you, sister Theresa's powers" said Eli.

I thought sister Theresa's power was reading thoughts. " I read thoughts" said Eli "sister Theresa manipulates your mind, she can put thoughts in your mind, make you see things. Like that time when you saw werewolf. There was no werewolf. She was trying to see what you would do if you are triggered by fear. There know you are the most powerful here but they don't know your powers" said Eli.

'Good thing I only fainted' I thought. "Oh, you froze time and then burned the wolf to ashes within a blink of an eye. That much energy could have killed you that's why you fainted. You are lucky to be alive" said Eli. "Stop that" I warned. "What?" He asked. "Reading my thoughts" I shouldn't and everyone's eyes were on me. "Oops" and I groaned.

....

It takes time and dedication to read, thank you lovely readers

Please do vote and comment every story chapter

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

262 98 20
I am entrapped in a nightmare. A school where souls are categorised into three realms - Heaven, Earth and Nether. Disguised as a Demon, I am trying t...
98.9K 3.6K 39
(Book 1 of the bitten series) This is the OLD VERSION. Working on the rewrite! Warning: Some rough/sensitive themes, be warned. Complete! Everyone, e...
2.7K 31 10
Imagine being nobody in this life. You were thrown into the street by your birth mother when you were just a few days old. And adoptive parents once...