HighSchool DxD: New Head of t...

By RedHood129

After taking a different path from her, Rias's twin brother challenges her to a fight for the right of being... More

Bio
Chapter 1: The Boy Who Wonders
Chapter 2: A Brotherly Visit
Chapter 3: The Slap of Declaration
Peerage Reveal
Chapter 4: Knowing The Opponent
Chapter 5: Get Real, Uce
Chapter 6: No Pressure, Just Show Up
Chapter 7: The Battle Begins!
Chapter 8: A Literal Cat Fight
Chapter 9: The Battle Against Power
Chapter 10: A Flip of a Coin
Chapter 11: Fade to Black
Chapter 12: Post-Game Hospital Visit
Chapter 13: Throne Crowning and a Certain Phenex Bastard
Chapter 14: All for the Bloodline
Chapter 15: Training Camp With The Kin
Chapter 16: Devil Fever
Chapter 17: Make an Entrance
Chapter 18: To Her, 5 Years Ago
Chapter 20: The Will of Resistance
Chapter 21: Sweeping Back
Chapter 22: From Her, 5 Years Later

Chapter 19: Walk My Straight Line, Make a Splash

3.9K 75 5
By RedHood129

Bael Stadium
3rd Person POV
Several weeks have now passed.

And as time had went on, minute by minute and day by day, but later on, it was soon finally time for the Rating Game between Ryan Gremory and Sairaorg Bael.

From the crowd, sat former Gremory Heiress Rias Gremory and her entire household, with the inclusions of Ace of Archangel Michael, Irina Shidou, and the sole Daughter of the House of Phenex, Ravel Phenex.

Kiba turned to Gasper, who looked nervous.

Kiba: You excited for this Gasper?

Gasper: Huh?! Ah...I mean...it's thrilling but...also really nerve racking.

Kiba: Now what's got you saying that?

Gasper: Maybe because of the...I don't know...the tension from the crowd?!

Kiba turned to see some tense faces in the crowd, and then turned back to Gasper.

Kiba: Yeah. I guess that's something to be nervous about.

Koneko: It's hard not to blame them.

Ravel: I've been stuck in a loop about this, but there was a recently exchange of words between Ryan and Sairaorg about a week or two before tonight.

Asia: Really? How did that go?

Ravel closed her eyes and shook her head.

Ravel: Not good. Ryan had a comment to say to Sairaorg after he joked about his own father.

Issei: Guess that can explain why the crowd is so tense.

Ravel pulled out her phone and searched up a video on the DeviTube. She pulled it for everyone to see.

Ravel: Here. Come check this out.

Everyone looked at Ravel's phone to watch the video she pulled up.

Interview
Ryan Gremory and Sairaorg Bael
Ryan and Sairaorg both sat with earpieces on to speak to one another

???: Alright! First of all, congratulations to your mother, Misla Bael, on winning her battle against Sleep Disease, Sairaorg.

Sairaorg gave a very warm smile as did Ryan.

Sairaorg: I give my gratitude to you for your congratulations.

Ryan: As I do to you. It warmed my heart to hear of Auntie's awakening.

???: Of course! So...obviously you two cousins are quite stoked to face each other in two weeks. Winner gets to face Mr. Champion, Diehauser Belial for the title.

Sairaorg: I'm quite excited. Hopefully to see more excitement when I face another cousin of mine!

Ryan: Likewise. This will be quite a thrill.

???: Now, Sairaorg. You used to train Ryan until he was finally able to beat Ruval Phenex. Is that true?

Sairaorg: You can say the truth of that, was because Ryan wanted to win against Ruval, not until he was winning again.

Ryan: You talk like you don't have the same amount of losses as me. How bold of you to say that uce.

Sairaorg: Oh don't worry about what I said there Ryan! Besides, I shouldn't be taking this from someone who's father dresses up like a camel and dances around like a silly man that he his!

Ryan gave a light chuckle, and slowly faced the camera with a smile, which slowly began to turn into a very serious frown and glare.

???: Alright Sairaorg! We're good!

Sairaorg: Ah! Excellent! That was quite splendid to do today!

Sairaorg began to stand up and attempt to take off his earpiece, but he was soon stopped by the words and voice of Ryan.

Ryan: Hey Sairaorg. You still there?

Sairaorg: Huh? Yeah, I am.

Ryan: Good. Sit down. The crew may be done, but I'm not. I got a few more words to say.

???: Hey, what's going on?!

Sairaorg sat down in confusion, keeping his earpiece in.

Ryan: So, you want to sit here and run your mouth about my father like that? Fine. Let's talk about your father then, the Great King. How is he by the way? Oh wait. That's right.

Ryan leaned closer to the camera.

Ryan: Your father hates your guts because you weren't born with that Power of Destruction the Bael Clan holds. He even got the clan to help him disown his first wife and son for a new pair. How is that brother of yours anyway as well?

Sairaorg soon looked away and began to angrily shout. Ryan just gave a sneering smirk at him.

Sairaorg: Where are you Ryan?! Where are you?!

Ryan: Yeah. You wanna come and get me. Don't you, lion tamer?

Sairaorg: TELL ME WHERE YOU'RE AT! COME OUT RIGHT NOW!

Ryan: You know where to look. I'm right here.

Ryan immediately stood up and left his area, taking off his earpiece and tossing it. Meanwhile, Sairaorg aggressively took off his after standing up and threw it at his chair.

???: Oh crap! Someone hurry and cut this!

Soon, the camera cut the video interview, and the end came to the video itself.

Back with Team Gremory
Everyone looked away from Ravel's phone and took in what they saw. Rias covered her eyes and groaned while Akeno put her fingers to her lips.

Akeno: Oh my.

Rias: Ryan! Why must you do that?!

Issei: Shit. That got personal quick!

???: So that's one solution to the animosity of this crowd.

Issei: What the?!

Issei turned to see Chisato sitting with Tiamat.

Issei: What're you two doing here?!

Chisato: Watching the rating game for the sake of respect I have for Ryan.

Tiamat: I owe some things for one of the Devil Kings.

Chisato: Ajuka Beelzebub, isn't it?

Tiamat: Yep! Oh, and Hyoudou boy.

Issei: Hm?

Tiamat: I hope you remember what we talked about with Ddraig!

Issei: R-Right! Yea ma'am!

Tiamat: Good.

Everyone turned back to the center of the stadium. Which soon, the CATHARSIS began to play. Almost everyone began to boo loudly.

With Ryan Gremory Peerage
As the music began to play, some members of Ryan's peerage had some different emotions.

Shuna: The crowd is really....really booing us.

Lieselotte: That doesn't come to a surprise. Especially coming from the harsh commenting words of personal retaliation towards the next Great King and his family.

Robin: But I must say, it gives a different feeling to have. Like a sort of feeling of excitement.

Yoruichi: Yeah. Now that it's being mentioned, I think I'm going to love this even more.

Ryan: Hey. Everyone.

The peerage faced Ryan, who donned a confident grin on his face.

Ryan: No matter what. Give them a smile, because they're not like us. Let them be your fuel. Because what they think is just our way of getting better. Let's finish the job.

Ryan's Peerage: Yes, Lord Ryan.

Ryan turned around and began to lead the walk. As the peerage began to reveal themselves, the crowd booed even louder. Especially at Ryan himself, who gave a confident smile to the crowd.

???: That bastard! How dare he smile after everything he said!

???: That kid has no sense of shame! Hopefully Sairaorg beats the living snot out of that ungrateful little brat!

???: Better Sairaorg than anyone else! Someone needs to put this punk in his place!

???: Make you think that this is the next Duke of Gremory. Maybe there was a mistake. What the hell was Duke Zeoticus thinking?

Ryan's Mind: (Let the haters talk. Absorb it in and use it as fuel. Because no matter what they say or do, I'll still walk my straight line while they go up and down, or left and right.)

Ryan soon made his way to his section of the stadium with his peerage. Soon, he waited and heard the crowd erupt in ovation as Sairaorg made his way to the arena with his peerage.

Once he made his way to his side of the arena, Sairaorg never kept his eyes off Ryan, who gave a sneering smile back. Meanwhile, the announcer revealed his identity to be none other than Naud Gamigin. The males of Ryan's peerage looked to be annoyed and disappointed.

Touma: Fucking Naud again?

Hitoshi: Why of all announcers do we get this douche?

Benimaru: His face is enough to give me an eyesore.

Todo: Just a complete frustration to see him again.

Ryan: Quiet now. Let's listen.

Ryan turned to face Naud. Later on, Naud had announced the game as a Dice Game. The peerage grouped to talk.

Touma: Dice Game?

Touma tilted his head.

Touma: What the hell is a Dice Game?

Ryan: Basically the same way Rias faced off against Sairaorg. Simply, both kings will get a die and they will both roll it.

Mirajane: The number that both kings roll will be combined into one who number. That whole number will be the amount of pawn value points that can be used in each round.

Robin: Oh, and the kings don't have to use all the points. The unused points can get wasted.

Hitoshi: That explains the die at least.

Shuna: But I'm missing a bit more to this.

Ryan: Basically instead of a long rating game, it'll be a series of short battles until one peerage is left standing.

Touma: Kinda reminds me of Pokémon to be honest.

Ryan: Yeah....that's a good point when you put it like that.

Kuroka: If my numbers are right, we're based off of value of the evil piece. And if they mutated, the value doubles.

Ryan nodded.

Ryan: Correct. That means five of you may have a sort of disadvantage in the game.

Erza: That will be a challenge, but we are not ones to give up on one another.

Ryan: That's right.

Ryan motioned his hand and balled it into a fist.

Ryan: When your name is called, no matter what. Let the noise fuel you, as they continue to hate. Give it your heart and fight!

Ryan's Peerage: Fight!

After talking, both peerages turned to Naud. He raised his arms with pride.

Naud: Attention to all beings here tonight! Let's us begin the Rating Game! Kings, roll your dice!

Ryan and Sairaorg rolled their dice for the first battle.

Roll 1 Result:
Ryan-6
Sairaorg-4
Total Number-10

Todo: Alright! I can't wait to pummel some faces!

Yoruichi: Nice try Todo boy! I'm going i-

Ryan spread his arms out, stopping both rooks.

Ryan: Aoi, Yoruichi.

Both rooks turned to Ryan to see him shaking his head with a frown.

Todo: I see.

Yoruichi: Very well then.

Ryan turned around and stared. Soon, he did three different points to three certain servants.

He first pointed to Erza, who stood up almost immediately. She was then followed by the second servant pointed to, Robin. The final servant he pointed to was Shinso.

Ryan: I want you three up first. Give the crowd a splash. Yeah?

Erza: Assignment understood.

Robin: Got it.

Hitoshi: Yeah...I'm on it.

As the group stood in the magic circle, Robin turned to Hitoshi.

Robin: Do your best Shinso.

Hitoshi was silent, but gave a nod.

Hitoshi: I'll do my best.

Robin and Hitoshi faced the field with Erza as they soon teleported away.

Map: Rocky Wasteland

Erza, Robin and Shinso all teleported to the arena and later on saw the two servants sent out by Sairaorg.

???: I am Ladora Buné. Member of the House of Bunè and rook for Sairaorg Bael!

???: Misteeta Sabnock, bishop for Lord Sairaorg Bael!

Erza gave a smirk.

Erza: Buné? Perfect.

Ladora: Don't get too cocky yet! I will not be bested by a trio of flimsy devils like you three!

Ladora immediately began to transform into a full grown armored dragon. In a matter of seconds, the transformation was complete.

Erza looked up and just chuckled as Ladora roared like a giant dragon.

Erza: Like I'm scared of facing a dragon. I put up with idiotic ones for a long time.

Erza began to use her magic and a set of armor soon was formed around her body. This set made her look nearly as if she was impersonating a living dragon.

Erza: Good thing I'm prepared to face a fire breather.

With Ryan Gremory Peerage
Benimaru leaned forward with excitement.

Benimaru: Alright! The Flame Empress Armor! Smart choice by Erza!

Mirajane: That set makes her be able to imitate an actual dragon. It halves fire damage to her by 50% and allows her to manipulate fire herself.

Todo: Not to mention, a cool flame sword to go with it!

Ryan: Ladora shouldn't be a problem if things go well. The big concern will have to be against Misteeta. He has a Sacred Gear.

Kuroka: That's right. The Trick Vanish. Has the ability to seal an opponent's own ability for a short period of time.

Ryan: Precisely.

On the Rocky Wasteland

Erza used her sword to assist her in taking less damage from Ladora's fire. She soon fired back with fire of her own. The attack resulted in a miss as Ladora moved his head out of the way as the fire blast hit a rocky pillar, letting it fall and crumble.

Meanwhile, Robin was seen running around the rubble, doing her best to assist both sides.

Another fire blast was then shot by Erza again. This time, hitting Ladora and knocking him back. But the dragon shifter wasted no time getting back up, as it hit the chest plate which was still protecting that certain area.

As the fight happened, Misteeta watched from the side, waiting to strike.

Misteeta's Mind: (No sign of that brainwashing boy. I'll need to look out.)

Suddenly, a voice could be heard, being the voice of the dragon formed Ladora.

Ladora: Misteeta! Use the Sacred Gear! Now!

Misteeta: What?! But what about the-

Ladora: Do not panic! The mutated knight will take us both out if we don't use the Sacred Gear now!

Misteeta groaned in frustration and aimed his weapon, which began to use light.

Misteeta: I must say, I don't agree with the tactic, but if this is the case, let it give us the first victory!

Suddenly, Misteeta widened his eyes.

Misteeta's Mind: (What is this? Am I frozen? No..it can't be! That damn brainwasher!)

???: Use it on the dragon.

Misteeta's Mind: (No. This isn't what we want. No. Stop it! Fight it! Fight it!!!)

Misteeta soon used the Trick Vanish Sacred Gear, which caught everyone's attention. However, Ladora was soon shocked to find that the marks were on him.

He began to scream as he reverted back to a human. He turned to Misteeta.

Ladora: Misteeta....why did you do this?

Naud: OH! It looks like friendly fire was used! What just happened?!

Ladora took a closer look to see Misteeta's eyes being seemingly different.

Ladora: No....that bastard didn't!

Ladora soon looked up and saw a crouching Hitoshi Shinso, toying with his mask.

Hitoshi: These artificial vocal cords...just know how to make everything...way too easy.

Ladora's eyes widened, ignoring Erza standing over him.

In a span of seconds, Erza ignited her sword and attacked Ladora, combusting him into a fiery light, and disappearing from the field.

Hitoshi: Fall to your knees.

Misteeta fell to his knees as ordered from the brainwash. Misteeta began to fight the brainwash, but was too weak to move. Robin soon sprouted an arm from the wall and grabbed him by the neck, slamming him into the rocky wall.

Misteeta winced as he looked up at the three devils staring him down.

Misteeta: I...won't...lose...like...this.

Hitoshi stared down with a bored and disappointed look on his face.

Hitoshi: You just did.

Robin spouted more limbs from her shoulders, grabbing both Erza and Hitoshi, and flying away. Once at a safe distance, Erza fired another fire blast at Misteeta, doing the same result as Ladora. Soon, the three formed a magic circle and left the field.

Naud: That concludes the first battle! Lord Sairaorg: 1 rook and 1 bishop are retired! Lord Ryan: 0 servants retired! The first battle goes to Ryan Gremory!

Some of the crowd that was for Ryan cheered, but the massive remains booed loudly for him.

With Ryan's Peerage
Erza, Hitoshi and Robin all returned back to the group.

Mirajane arrived to congratulate the three.

Mirajane: Well done everyone!

Todo: Nice eliminations Erza!

Erza: Oh please. It wouldn't have been that easy without Shinso here.

Hitoshi: Hm?

Shuna: Hitoshi!

Hitoshi: Shuna?

Shuna ran up and hugged Shinso tightly, which also surprised him as she want for his midriff. She soon pulled him in closer and kissed him on the cheek, surprising the boy even more.

Hitoshi: Huh?!

Shuna: You looked so cool out there!

Benimaru stared at Shinso and gave him a small smile and an approving nod. Meanwhile, Todo stood next to the young man and patted his back.

Todo: Fine work in the first round!

Moka: Way to go on giving us the first win Shinso!

Saeko: That was pretty badass work out there.

Hitoshi: Umm...thanks. Eh?

Hitoshi looked to see Ryan offering his hand with a proud smile.

Ryan: Nice work Hitoshi.

Hitoshi:...Oh...Thank you sir.

Hitoshi accepted Ryan's hand. They shook for a second or two and then let go. Ryan turned to the rest of the peerage.

Ryan: Alright. Let's regroup and move on.

Ryan's Peerage: Yes my Lord.

Ryan went back to his area while others sat down and watched. But Hitoshi stood still with his hand to his heart and the other to his cloth.

Hitoshi POV
Everything was still a bit crazy. This whole year.

Back then...everyone saw me as a villain, a monster for the quirk I was born with. Because I could brainwash.

I didn't belong around anyone. But it's not like I planned on making friends.

Later on...things got interesting. To be taken in. But then things went to a low, a worse.

And suddenly...he was there.

Ryan Gremory.

He saved my life and gave me his hand, a new chance to start over. I accepted it, but I still didn't plan to make friends.

But when I got there, it wasn't like making friends at all. Meeting everyone...Ryan, Saeko, Erza, Robin, Mirajane, Todo, Benimaru and Shuna. They became more like a family to me.

I remember one time I actually cried in front of Mirajane. She comforted me...like she really cared.

But Shuna....with her...everything feels different.

It's like...I want to...protect her, and be by her side.

I guess...shit. My heart is going a bit crazy.

I guess...it means...I....I love her?

Moka: Hey Shinso!

Hitoshi: Huh?

I guess I was in a trance I had others looking at me.

Moka: Is something the matter?

Hitoshi: Hehe...don't worry. It's nothing at all.

Moka: A-Alright then.

I saw Saeko offer me a spot next to her and Heine.

Saeko: Come Hitoshi. Sit with me and Heine.

Heine: You know I don't bite.

Hitoshi: Yeah. I know.

I ignored her chuckles and sat down with them.

Man...being here...with this new life as a devil, and this group I can call a new family.

Looking back on when I accepted Ryan's offer, I know one thing now. I..regret..nothing at all.

Timeskip
3rd Person POV

Roll 2 Result:
Ryan-2
Sairaorg-2
Total Number-4

Not much was detailed about the match. Other than with the help of Sairaorg's knight, Liban Crocell and his Sacred Gear, Gravity Jail. He was easily able to defeat Nico Robin and Heine in the next battle, resulting in a victory for Sairaorg.

Ryan watched at Naud made the announcement.

Naud: Lord Ryan: 1 bishop and 1 pawn have been retired! Lord Sairaorg: 0 servants retired! The second battle is in favor of Sairaorg Bael!

The crowd cheered loudly for Sairaorg while Ryan closed his eyes and nodded with a smile still on his face.

Ryan: Oh well. A loss is a loss. But I won't let that get to me. It just means I got to keep moving forward, across my straight line no matter what.

Ryan and Sairaorg rolled their dice.

Roll 3 Result:
Ryan-3
Sairaorg-2
Total Number-5

Ryan: Hmmm...5...that'll be a tricky one. Where to go?

???: Ryan! Let us go!

Ryan: Hm?

Ryan turned to see Moka, Saeko, Shuna and Siesta standing up.

Moka: I...I want to prove to you I can prove my heart for you and all of us!

Ryan looked at the four girls.

Ryan: Do you all really want to take the risk?

All of the girls nodded with serious looks on their faces. Ryan took a slow response.

Ryan:....I'll take the gamble.

Ryan offered his arm out.

Ryan: Go for it.

Siesta: Thank you Ryan!

Shuna: Yes! Thank you!

Siesta, Moka and Shuna all soon moved up to the magic circle that was being formed. But as Saeko began to move, she was hugged from behind by Touma.

Saeko was surprised as he didn't care that he was holding on tight to her left breast. But she held on to his arm.

Saeko: Touma?

Touma: Do your best! Okay?! I hope you come back here so I can keep seeing you!

Saeko: Hey, Touma...

Saeko managed to turn around and put Touma's chin to eye contact with her fingers.

Saeko: Watch me. Okay?

Touma: Yeah...got it.

Touma let go for Saeko to join the group of girls. As the magic circle sent them to the arena, Ryan turned to Touma.

Ryan: Touma. Patience, you gotta cool it. You'll get your chance. I promise that.

Touma: Yeah. Got it.

Touma and Ryan turned to the battlefield soon after, with the spiky haired young man sitting next to Lieselotte.

Grassy Field

Moka, Shuna, Siesta and Saeko all teleported to the arena and soon saw an armored horse with a knight with a lance in hand. He soon revealed his face to the girls.

???: Hello there ladies! I am Beruka Furcas! Knight for Lord Sairaorg Bael!

Saeko: I am Saeko Busujima. I'm with Shuna, Siesta and Moka Akashiya. All pawns for Lord Ryan Gremory.

Beruka: Then this match will be no problem at all!

Siesta: That's quite a bold statement to say. Especially when you were the first to lose against Lady Rias Gremory.

Beruka: That may be with Lady Rias. But this time, I intend to give a better result.

The five individuals stood four faces to one, as Beruka put his face cover down and readied his weapons, while the girls prepared for combat, all four wearing focused looks on their faces.

______________________________

Alright everyone! That ends the first part of the Rating Game vs. Sairaorg Bael!

Thank you all for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy everyone!

Now go on and stay safe out there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 746 12
A third year student transfers to Kuoh Academy from Tokyo, and already diminishes his reputation to befriend the most perverted and unpopular boys in...
39.9K 871 18
What if Rias wasn't the only Gremory born that night what if she had a twin brother who wasn't payed attention to expect for his mother well here it...
580K 5K 27
Madoka Terada is a pawn for Rias Gremory. You worked very well and hard for Rias and her peerage, even became a mid class devil! But then, he came. I...
6.8K 166 9
This story tells the point of view of Shidou Hyoudou, the adoptive brother of Issei Hyoudou. Everything followed normally until one day his brother h...