The Werewolf On My Doorstep

By MissyNicole93

Finding an insanely hot, absolutely naked guy unconscious on your back porch on your 18th birthday would seem... More

:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:1: The Full Moon
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:2: Xavier
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:3: Happy Birthday
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:4: Personal
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:5: The Supernatural
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:6: That Boy is a Monster
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:7: Say Goodbye
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:8: Possessive
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:9: Awkward Silences
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:11: Too Much Too Soon (Part 1)
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:12: Too Much Too Soon (Part 2)
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:13: Worried Sick
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:14: Damage Control
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:15: Promise Me
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:16: Taken
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:17: Going Home
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:18: Together
:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:19: The Beginning Of Forever (Final)

:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:10: Drunken Declarations

129K 3.5K 698
By MissyNicole93

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

Alright people, my dad is getting out of the hospital tomorrow and I've got the week off from school, so if things go alright I may be able to update a little sooner than next weekend. I'm not promising anything, just giving you all a heads up.

A little warning though, I was up till 3 last night writing this right now I'm too tired to really care if it makes any sense.

-Nicole-

Chapter 10: Drunken Declarations

Okay, I have to admit, maybe getting hammered tonight wasn't one of my brighter ideas, but after the day I've had I think I deserve to let loose for a little while. At the least until Eva's decided I can leave this damn party. She's made threats all night, saying that if I leave she's going to hunt my scrawny ass down and kick it. She's even went as far as putting Nessa on guard duty and guarding the front door, because she knows its the only exit I'll use in my current state. Yea, those yard gnomes her mom put out in the backyard really don't like me.

I'm 18 yrs old, not a baby, therefore I do not need to be watched at all times like a child. Of course convincing Eva and Nessa of that is proving to be much harder than I had hoped it would be. And as for Xavier, as soon as we'd walked through the door Dunkan had pulled him to a corner of the room, whispering something under his breath. But what's bothering me is that Xavier hasn't stopped staring at me once and its really starting to annoy me.

I mean its not like I'm going to sneak off and do something I'll regret once I'm sober. All I want to do is have some fun before I'm thrown back into reality, is that too much for a girl to ask for? Then again, my current definition of 'fun' would be dragging Xavier into a vacant room and having my wicked way with him. So maybe, just maybe its a good thing Nessa's keeping me attached to her hip.

An arm wraps around my shoulders as Trevor plants a slobbery kiss on my cheek, lightly pushing Nessa out of his way. “You know, Arianna, there's something I've been meaning to tell you.” For as wasted as he seems to be Trevor manages to pull me out of Xavier's line of sight without stumbling once.

“What is it?” Trevor, like me, rarely ever has more than one drink, but when he does get hammered, like tonight, he tends to blab every secret he can before he falls face first onto the floor. Most of the secrets he tells, though, never really make much sense, so he's saved from the embarrassment that would come otherwise.

“I love you... and not like a friend or sister. I've loved you since freshman year, but you never knew did you? No, of course you didn't, cause I never told you, did I? Well, I don't think I ever told you before, but I just did and now you know. I think.” He frowns to himself, oblivious to my shocked silence, before shaking his head. “Whatever look my point is, I love you and I don't give a rat's ass who knows it now.”

My first thought is that he's joking, he just had to be joking, right? But when I look up into his dazed and drunken eyes the laugh bubbling up in my throat dies just as quickly as it'd formed. The seriousness in his eyes has my stomach knotting in warning. Goosebumps rise on my skin as his eyes flicker down to my lips and he licks his own. He could not be serious right now.

Trevor in love with me when he could have any other girl with just the snap of his fingers? The very thought was laughable, but the look on his face spoke volumes. Being a smart-assed bitch to him right now would do me no good, because its quite obvious he believes what he just said.

“Nothing to say?” He laughs humorlessly, brushing a strand of my hair back from my eyes. “You look shocked, Ari. I guess I was better at hiding the truth from you than everyone thought.” I open my mouth to say something-anything really, but he cuts me off before I can think of the right words. “Look, I don't expect you to say anything, or even feel the same. I just-... just needed you to know. I had to get it off my chest now, before I chickened out, again. And I wanted to apologize for a couple of things, as well.”

“Apologize for what?” My mind seems to have gone completely blank, because I can honestly not think of anything that he would feel the need to apologize to me for.

“Well for one, I wanted to say I was sorry for my actions earlier, yelling at you like that was childish and completely uncalled for. And secondly, I wanted to apologize for this.” This, just so happened to his lips smashing down onto mine, fumbling around for any type of reaction from me.

Shocked, numb, I really don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I'd known before hand that he'd liked me, at least enough to ask me to be his date for the Fall Dance, but love? Really? The kiss, though, that was a complete surprise, the Trevor I knew would have stuttered over his words and blushed at just the thought of kissing a girl and he never would have made the first move. But it seems that alcohol has helped his confidence.

For a moment, for one crazy, insane moment I consider kissing him back, I consider entertaining the idea that maybe just maybe I could find it in me to feel something more for him than I do. But then Xavier's brilliant blue eyes come to mind and all thoughts of trying to feel more for Trevor than just love as a friend go flying out the window.

I shouldn't have to make myself feel something more for him. It wouldn't be fair to either of us to pretend that I like even the thought of being with him like that. If this were right I wouldn't absolutely hate the sensation of his hands on my hips, or his mouth on mine. If I actually could ever care for Trevor as something more then I wouldn't be thinking about how Xavier hadn't tried to force his tongue into my mouth the Trevor is, or how I just don't feel any kind of spark with Trevor.

I wouldn't be thinking about how Xavier's kiss had set my entire body ablaze. Would I?

My head jerks back and I shove at his shoulders, roughly, when he only starts trailing kisses down across my jaw. “Trevor, stop. Stop.” Everything about this feels entirely wrong, makes me feel sick to my stomach with the need to get away from the feeling of his hands and mouth on me. It just makes me feel dirty all over. “Trevor! Stop it.”

Trevor pulls away from me quickly, shock filling his wide eyes and he pales. “S-sorry, I-I didn't mean to-shit, Arianna. I got carried away, I really didn't mean to-I swear.” The utter shock and fear in his eyes makes me feel a little better because it seems like the normal Trevor, but that odd glimmer of satisfaction in their brown depths has me worried. What on Earth would he be feeling satisfied about?

A throat clears from behind me and when I turn around I want nothing more than to become invisible. Xavier's fists are clenched at his sides, jaw tight, body trembling in impending disaster, but what really makes me feel so shitty is the resignation in his broken eyes.

I feel dirty, cheap, but no sound will come out of my mouth when I try and explain. I don't know what I could possibly say to make this better, because part of me doesn't think that I've done anything wrong. After all, Trevor is the one that kissed me, not the other way around and it isn't like Xavier and I were actually together. Because we're not, are we? One kiss doesn't make us a couple, no matter how amazing that one kiss may have been. But if that's so why do I feel like such a whore?

“Hey there, blondie. I was just telling Arianna here, how sorry I was for how I acted earlier. You think she accepted my apology or should I try it again?”

My eyes go wide and half of me wonders just how much Trevor'd had to drink tonight while the other wants to beat him to a pulp. Surely he wouldn't have said it if he were anywhere close to sober, but that doesn't make it right. Hell, before today he'd never once even yelled at any one before, for as long as I've known him, maybe its stress that's got him acting like such a prick? Please let it just be stress.

“Well, what do you think, blondie? Should I apologize again or should I just go straight for the kiss this time? Hey, maybe I'll get farther than you did, what do you think?” What the hell is wrong with him? This is not the Trevor I know, if he were sober there's no way in hell he'd even be thinking like this, let alone talking.

“I think you should leave before you upset her more.” The careful restraint in Xavier's voice isn't lost on me, but Trevor just looks like he doesn't care. Can he not see just how much he's pushing right now?

“Oh yeah? Who's gonna make me? You sure as hell won't.” Is he blind or is he just stupid? Maybe he's got a death wish, that sure as hell would explain a few things. Because if Xavier doesn't kill him I think I might.

“Trevor, I would shut up if I were you. You don't know how-”

“He knows what I am, Arianna.” Now that's a surprise. How the hell would Trevor know what Xavier is? I know I didn't tell him. “Your father told him, he may be willing to let me prove that I am different from others of my kind, but he does not trust me along with you.”

“That doesn't make any sense, if he didn't trust you why would he have said he should come with me tonight?” There's always a carefully calculated reason behind my father's actions. Now if only I knew how to figure out what his reasoning is now.

“Because he knows I will not hurt you, or allow you to be harmed. That is, however, as far as his trust goes.” Okay, so it looks like Dad and I are going to have to have a chat when we get home, because this is so not cool.

Who does he think he is to tell Xavier's secret? What gives him the right to go around running his mouth? If someone did that to him he'd have a cow, but its alright for him to? I don't freaking think so and as for Trevor, how is any of this his business?

“Xavier can you take me home?” If I don't leave now I'm going to cause a scene and I don't think the conversation I want to have with Trevor is one other people should be overhearing. Especially considering that I go to school with all of these drunks.

Xavier nods slowly and after giving Trevor one last warning glance walks back through the front of the house, leaving Trevor and I along in what I now realize is Eva's kitchen. How had I not noticed before that he'd managed to corner me in the only room in this house that has only one exit? If I'd been in the right frame of mind I would have noticed that he'd backed us into the vacant room, but I guess I was just to caught up in the skin crawling feeling of his skin on mine and thoughts of how to get away from it.

“You're not seriously leaving with that thing are you?” Trevor asks incredulously, blocking my only way out of the room and away from him, when I ignore his question. “Arianna, you know he's an animal and yet you're willing to be alone with him? What is wrong with you?” Me? He wants to know what's wrong with me?

“There's nothing wrong with me! I'd rather be alone with him than you, Trevor. God, why are you being such an asshole?” Trevor had always been the sweet one, the one to make up for Dunkan's ignorance. Why is that changing now?

“Because he's a murderer, Arianna. Don't you get that? He could kill you without a second thought and you don't even car, do you?” I want to defend Xavier, to say that he'd never hurt anyone unless it was entirely necessary, but then I think of Dunkan. What had he done that had set Xavier off in such a way? If Xavier could attack Dunkan for no apparent reason, who's to say he wouldn't attack someone else?

“He won't hurt me.” Of that much I am positive, though how I can be so damn sure of that I don't know. I should be terrified of him, not trying to defend him, right? I'm not exactly sure what I think of his not being human but I do know that I can trust him to keep me safe. Which is extremely odd.

Trevor grabs my upper arms and shakes me violently. “You don't know that, Ari. Just because you want to believe he can be trusted doesn't mean its true. He's more dangerous than you're willing to admit, even to yourself. He's a monster and I really don't think you should be alone with him.”

“I was alone with him for an entire night, Trevor, and he didn't hurt me.” I pull my arms from his grasp and poke the center of his chest. “He did not touch me once and when that so called monster kissed me he did not try to shove his tongue down my throat, unlike some people.”

“You see, he's already brainwashing you! You've barely known him a day and you were all ready to fuck him in the middle of the forest earlier! That doesn't strike as odd? Ari, you were with Dane for 3 years and you never slept with him, but now you're going to screw a guy you just met?” The fact that Trevor's right is a little unnerving and that I can't think of anything to say to defend myself really isn't helping the situation any.

“My sex life is none of your business and not even what we're talking about!” I'd honestly though I'd been hiding my attraction to Xavier very well, but obviously, I need to work on keeping my secrets a little better. “Bye Trevor.” I push my way past him and weave through the crowd of people dancing and laughing in the living room. I'd like nothing more than to be one of those people, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening tonight.

“Ari? Are you okay?” Eva frowns at me worriedly when I stomp up to her, swaying back and forth in the heels she'd insisted that I wear.

“No I'm not, I'm pissed at Trevor. I think I might hurl and I'm going home.” That is if I can manage to make my way to the car without falling on my ass, because if I do there's no way I'm getting back up. I'll just have to sleep on the ground tonight. Urgh, I should just see if I can crash here and not worry about ruining my new car.

Her eyes narrow, searching over my shoulder, no doubt for Trevor. “What did he do? Did he get all pissy on you again? You know he's just jealous of your new arm candy right? Everyone knows Trevor wants to be the one you play doctor on.” Someone tell me why the hell I bothered to inform Eva how Xavier ended up staying with me. Minus the part about him being a Werewolf of course, there's no need to worry her more than she already is. “Speaking of Tall, Blond and Brooding, here he comes.” She turns me around towards Xavier, patting my back reassuringly when I step back in fright at the look on his face.

'He's more dangerous than you're willing to admit..' Could Trevor be right about that? Am I too caught up in my fascination with Xavier to care that he could potentially kill me and not care? He wouldn't, though, would he? He'd already had the chance and all he'd done was make sure I was comfortable in my own bed when he was the one that was hurt.

“What's the matter?”

“I am afraid we need to leave as soon as possible. Are you ready to go?” Without waiting for my reply he grabs my arm and all but drags me to the door, half running down the short walkway, heading towards my car.

“Xavier, slow down. I think I'm gonna-” Bile rises in my throat as I lean as far from him as I can without falling over and empty the contents of my stomach onto Eva's front lawn. See, this is why you don't run when you're drunk! Nothing good ever comes of it. Xavier holds my hair back from my face, rubbing my back soothingly while I continue to gag for what seems like forever. “God that's embarrassing.” Why couldn't I have held that in until I could lock myself in my bathroom, instead of almost puking on his shoes?

“Okay now? Arianna, I know you must feel terrible, but we really must go.” When I stand straight and glare at him he grimaces, slipping an arm behind my knees as he lifts me close to his chest.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” He looks like he's seen a ghost and part of me wonders if that may not be far from the truth. I mean, he turned into a wolf, so seeing ghost couldn't be that much weirder, could it?

“The hunters that are looking for me are close by, I can sense them. But I do not want to take any chances with you around. Once you are home, safe and sound, I will come back and deal with them.” Deal with them, what the hell does he mean by that?

“What-... you mean kill them don't you.” There was no need to question it, the look on his face said everything I needed to know. Maybe Trevor was right, maybe I'd be better of keeping my distance from Xavier. “Why?” There had to be another way for him to deal with this, right?

“If there were any other way, Arianna, I would not. You have to know that I would never intentionally hurt anyone, but I have no other choice. Love, if I do not do this they will use everything they can to find me, even you. And that I cannot have. I would never be able to forgive myself it anything happened to you.” Love, he called me love. All other words after that have no meaning.

“Why? Why does my safety matter so much to you?” Its not like he has any real reason to care about what happens to me. I like that he cares, way too much, but I just can't figure out why he would.

“Because...” His fingertip brushes across my cheek, leaving fire in its wake. “Because you are my mate, altra metà and it would kill me if something were to happen to you."

Like it? Hate it? Comment and Vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.5K 47
NOTICE: i wrote this many years ago. it's awful. i don't know why it got this many reads, like??? but anyway. don't read this if you have standards a...
204 0 6
“Suddenly I found myself wanting to walk down the street with him, my hand in his, on a lazy Sunday. Sit at a restaurant for a long dinner, drinking...
2.2M 10.1K 8
I was normal before this. Before him. Normal job, normal flat, the bliss normality of the ignorance of all the real monsters. I used to think that on...
247K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...