Telepatรญa

By ggukiekrush

"If obsession were a person, it'd be you." A street racer by evening, and a high-school student by day, 17 ye... More

p r o l o g u e
1 | volition
2 | effervescent
3 | reverist
4 | besotten
5 | aberrant
6 | aphonic
7 | ostentatious
8 | floruit
9 | zealotic
10 | druthers
11 | scrofolous
12 | letch
14 | subtlety
15 | solace
16 | frore
17 | expedient
18 | imprimatur
19 | frolic
20 | aspartame
21 | belaud
22 | intrepid
23 | satiate
24 | consecrate
25 | impetus
26 | petulant
27 | nimiety
28 | disesteem
29 | relish
30 | contrapposto
31 | inebriate
32 | dithering
33 | palliate

13 | reticent

1.1K 51 17
By ggukiekrush

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Circuit 13 ◢◤◢◤◢◤

Dinner had ended twenty minutes ago and I had no trouble concealing the fresh gash on my face with a thick coverage foundation. Ricardo had abruptly left for a trip, leaving Grandma, Mom, and I, alone in the house.

Now, I was standing in the warm shower for my nightly routine, tracing gentle circles on my skin before finishing off with a scented lavender shower gel.

Shaking water droplets off my body, I soon emerge from the cubicle, accompanied by the fog that begins to obscure the full-body mirror in front of me. I wouldn't call myself a narcissist, but the way my gaze would automatically wander around my body in the mirror was more of a habit I developed over time.

To an outsider, doing 360 spins and weird poses in the bathroom as if I were on a catwalk may appear strange, but I'm sure many girls can relate more than they admit. If boys can post post-workout selfies on social media without getting criticized for it, this was nothing.

I dry the rest of my body and slather lotion all over my shaved arms and legs whilst twisting my damp hair in a towel.

Normally, I wouldn't even consider shaving for such occasions, but I loved how it felt afterward. It's indescribable. I love the sensation of rolling around on fresh sheets. Though I wasn't going straight to bed tonight, but rather to an after-party at someplace I have yet to know.

When I've successfully dried my hair and styled it with my natural waves, I tip-toed around my room with a towel securely wrapped around my chest and reached for a pair of undergarments, furrowing my brows when I don't find ones that matched.

The time that I look for it, I can't seem to find it.

Frustratedly, I pull out the best ones that caught my eye at first glance and put them on, not wanting to dwell on something so trivial. It's not like I'm expecting anything to happen at the party. As I always say, I'm always up for a good time, and it doesn't always have to involve sexual acts. My fingers and my imagination does an excellent job, even better than the previous guys I have been with in the past.

More times, the girls did it even better. I had no preference, as long as I enjoy it.

To me, pleasure is pleasure. With the right person, it's magical. Though I have yet to know what it feels like in a deeper sense — being with someone you truly like and want to be with in the long term. Someone you won't mind experiencing over and over again and never getting tired of because every time would feel like the first time. Different and special.

That's how I imagine it in my head. Instead of red and a fiery pit of vermilion, I imagine it as frolly and mavelous, with my cheeks flushed against taut skin, mellow beneath pillars of pillows, and bunched up strands of hair. Shadows and rough ridges of muscles and spines. The kind of bodies that Greek sculptors would have created; Renaissance painters would have painted.

My imagination runs wild in the most inconvenient times.

Such things are only fit for imaginations, clouded minds, and hopeless romantics like myself, but maybe one day I'll be able to fill a canvas like Lorenzo Lotto.

Reminding myself to stay on task, I decide on a casual, yet party-appropriate outfit. Pairing a denim skirt and platform sneakers that tied around my ankles with a simple green rib knit top that hung loosely around my shoulders, which had a dainty string running down my stomach.

It's the perfect outfit for California's unpredictable weather, I thought as I checked myself in the mirror one last time before receiving a message from Jade. This wouldn't be too hot or cold depending on where Jade was taking me.

The buzzing of my phone on my desk catches my attention and I'm about to reach for it across the room when a knock emits from my bedroom door.

Instantly, I halt and minimize the sound of my steps by pressing my knees together.

"Honey? Are you awake?" It's Grandma. I feel my stomach bubble even more as the guilt sets in as she says, "Tengo té de Manzanilla."

She knocks again.

My gaze falls between the cracks in the door, where I can see her shuffling in her house slippers. I almost forgot that I told her over dinner that I was going to bed early due to sleeping problems, which was partly true, but for different reasons I couldn't obviously say.

Mom says Manzanilla tea helps, so Grandma made some for me. It happens rarely, but when it does, I just try to watch documentaries of Animals on Netflix until sleep overtakes me.

Thankfully, my phone had stopped buzzing on the third attempt.

I remain silent, hoping she'll think I'm sleeping and leave, and moments pass until I no longer see her shadow and can finally breathe again, rushing to take my phone.

+2 missed calls from Jade. 1 missed call from Unknown.

The two missed calls from Jade aren't what surprises me, but the one from my Instagram.

As I'm about to dial, Jade's contact flashes on the screen and I immediately pick up.

"Girl, where the hell are you?" I wince from the loud shriek on her side of the line. "I've been parked a few blocks down your place for like..." Jade pauses, "the past hour. Please don't say you're canceling on me?"

I grab my purse and stuff it with everything I need— spare change, lipgloss, IDs (some of which are false), a snack bar, and a pack of the strongest Peppermints laying around my suitcase.

"Sorry, I'll be there in a second," I tell her. "I'm grounded. Gotta figure out how to leave my bedroom undetected."

"Damn. I know it's serious when you're practically whispering in my ear," Jade laughs and I stop myself from responding. "Do you have guard dogs or something?" Her comment is fortuitously ignored by my ears as I open the balcony door to see how far of a jump I'd have to make successfully to escape unscathed.

"Ten feet," I whisper to myself, clasping the mobile between my shoulder and my ear.

"Ten feet what?" Jade repeats, bewildered.

It's when I look down and find that the garden is dark enough for me to cast myself out of the frunchroom's view but safe enough for me to see shadows of rocks and manicured bushes, do I bite my lip in fright. "Seven feet with shoes on." Even with my state of mind, I manage to do some kind of math equation in my head.

Maybe this is what teachers mean when they say Math can be applied in real-world situations. Truthfully, the only real problem I have is which equation to apply...

Ugh! Where is Theo when I need him?

"Babe, I don't think it works like that..." Jade murmurs.

Fuck it.

Apparently, Jade turns out to be right because when I look down again, I find myself abruptly shutting my eyes in prayer. It's not like I'm afraid of anything — no, I am. Heights and falling from elevated terrains are not my thing, and I would not subject myself to hell.

"Ola?" Jade calls. "You know you can just walk through the door like a normal person."

"I don't know what kind of punishments you got, but I'd be met with slippers and belts, Jade." I swallow down any doubts and imagine seeing Theo would be like receiving my desired gift as a child on Christmas. That was the pinnacle of my excitement back then — growing up and finally getting something when my parents had a little extra amount of money set aside for rent.

After much deliberation, I finally climb the railings and stuff my phone into my purse, muffling Jade's voice.

"Please don't break a leg."

I leap, pressing my lips together to muffle strings of curses wanting to escape me and I successfully land with my knees and legs still intact.

Satisfied, I rush past the gate located to the side of the driveway, taking a few more steps until I reach the only vehicle parked near a stop sign. The window to the passenger seat rolls down to reveal a smiling Jade, and instead of her usual clean girl makeup look, she shows off her glittery eyes and white eyeliner along her lash line. Her buttoned nose adds to her animated appearance, and I cry internally with my not-so-sharp features.

"Finally! I almost fell asleep waiting." Jade whines but still blows a kiss in my direction. I giggle and slide myself into the backseat, my eyes widening when I catch a glimpse of who was sitting in the driver's seat.

"Russell?" I gawk, incredulously. "Were you the one who called me?"

"On Instagram?" Jade chimes and I nod. "Oh, yeah, he was just casually looking through your photos."

I give him a pointed look.

"I was forced," he reasons, flustered.

He doesn't return my gaze, instead shrugging his shoulders beneath a black Supreme hoodie and a pair of faded jeans. Typical rich kids of Los Angeles with their expensive watches and luxury electric cars. Now that I notice it, this is the first time I've been in a Tesla. Very ritzy.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about," Jade tells me. "Your feed isn't bad, except for the thirst traps—"

Almost too quickly, I exclaim, "I do not have thirst traps!" It's not a lie; the majority of my posts featured only me in large, helmets and protective gear. I can count the times my face was clearly visible with my fingers. Beach photos were scarce because I rarely see them.

"You actually made it out alive," Russell jokes. "I'm impressed."

In contrast to Theo, his best friend was a more laid-back type who struck up conversations with me without me having to initiate them. It hasn't been long since I met Russell, but I already consider him one of my friends. I don't know about him, though. Russell doesn't seem to warm up to people easily, which is understandable.

That, I suppose, is what he and Theo have in common.

"You seem to be impressed easily," I say, watching the way the corners of his mouth lift as he maneuvers the car through traffic.

"Oh, I'm not," he defends. "It's just been a while since frolic struck Whitehaven."

I situate myself in the middle, propping my elbows on the console to change the station from soft rock to a different genre. Russell stifles my wrist as he hisses, "My car, my rules."

I return to my seat, resisting the urge to protest. Jade, on the other hand, seemed to agree with me on song and genre preferences.

"A frolic?" I recall his words, amused. "What am I, some kind of circus?"

Russell doesn't say anything, and Jade takes the opportunity to speak up over the droning sound of the radio. "Are you guys flirting or what?" She asks as Russell and I turn our heads in her direction.

"What?!" I blurt, just as astounded as the boy beside me.

Jade blinks, looking away.

"Seriously, Jade?" Russell mutters.

"Don't look at me like that. I was just saying," she says. "You guys sound like married couples."

"Maybe you need to get your ears checked," Russell retorts back, causing Jade to swat his arm and let out an offended gasp. I detach her arm from his for safety reasons and she crosses them over her chest, softly mumbling, "Just... focus on getting us there."

"Those who don't have a license shouldn't be talking."

I turn to Russell, rolling my lips together.

"Can you please stop saying that!?" Jade whines, pouting. "I'm gonna get it soon."

"Yeah, sure." Russell hums dryly. "You've been saying that for the past seven months."

"Leave me be," says Jade. "I'll get it when I'm ready."

Almost fifteen miles from Downtown Los Angeles, endless bickering between Russell and Jade, we finally pull to a stop at a roadside illuminated with neon-lit backstreet, signs of vibrant Taco trucks and stalls. Clouds of smoke and the toxic smell of tobacco filled the air and tramped Budweiser and BudLight cans decorated the canals as my head rotates in awe.

"Holy fuck," I let out, a chill running down the back of my neck as Jade pulls me by the loop of my low-waist skirt.

We pass by a group of spectators having a smoke and chatting in groups in the back of trucks. We go deeper into the pathway as the backstreet settles with a drawn-out screech emitting from graffitied cars of all kinds.

A 1969 Camaro in all Aluminum black, equipped with an unimaginable horsepower and special suspension, is parked near a curb with the hood open.

This one has the bumper slightly raised from its original factory state to accommodate steep terrains and add a little hip to it. Only 69 of its models have been built. And I'm staring at one of them.

Behind it, sits an attractive black man sporting a diamond chain around his neck and wrists as his head hangs outside the window. Three blonde girls in skimpy skirts and tube tops are giggling and twirling their silky hair as he licks his lips. For a split second, our gazes meet before he sends me a flirtatious wink and I awkwardly jog up to join Russell.

I stumble in my steps, being forced to move when Jade gently pushes me by the shoulders.

My eyes can't comprehend seeing this in real life, much more to realize that these classic cars still run.

"So..." Jade turns to look at me, "What do you think about your first official party?"

"Fucking unbelievable," I let out. "Do Californians usually throw parties in the middle of nowhere?" I marvel at how this is all possible without cops ruining the fun. Doing something like this in Chicago is nearly impossible without getting law enforcement involved.

"I mean look at this... There's even loud music and..." My gaze wanders to a random couple getting at it inside a Honda Civic, even with their windows down and all. An Asian man in his early twenties and a woman who appeared to be a few years older.

When I notice that no one is paying attention to them and that some are even casually passing by with bottles of Don Julio, I feel like I'm intruding, so I turn away.

"Occasionally," Jade says. "This is a privately owned property by one of our good friends, Braeden, and his parents let us host the after-party for the night."

Oh, that explains why the cops haven't tried to intervene. Not like they should because there are more pressing matters that require attention than disrupting a harmless party —

"Woo! Rev it, Kade!" A shout erupts from the distance and before I can react to the commotion, my styled hair flies back as three cars zoom past us down the hill.

Jade laughs next to me as we come to a stop in front of familiar heads. Wordlessly, I turn to find Skye angrily huffing as she nears us with harsh stomps against the solid pavement. Russell leaves us behind to greet his friends.

"Ooou, he's definitely gonna get it when he gets back here," Skye grumbles, dressed in stylish Dior sneakers, a cute matching schoolgirl outfit, and a brown beret hat sitting atop her small head.

"What'd Kade do now?" Jade prompts, looking equally annoyed due to the excessive smoke and dust around us.

"He wouldn't listen to me," she answered. "I told him not to join that stupid race but he insisted."

"You said you wanted to win the prize," Theo says in a husky tone, appearing out of nowhere, and my gaze is drawn to him.

My lips press uncontrollably, as do my legs beneath my skirt, and I find it difficult to stop myself from scanning him.

Instead of his usual trousers and fancy dress shoes, Theo dressed down in black cargo pants, a white shirt that hung snugly around his biceps and broad shoulders, an unzipped jacket that went over it, and silver jewelry around his neck, wrists, and ears. He's got his helix pierced, I hadn't noticed it until now.

He was a complete different person than the Theo I met at school. It baffles me. I'm not sure who I prefer — Theo in sports gear and suits and ties, or Theo in... regular clothes. In any case, the way my chest thumps and tightens when he is close will stay the same.

His hair is tousled in different directions due to the wind but I didn't think he could look any hotter than he already was.

"Earth to Ola?" Jade snaps her fingers and I scramble out of my thoughts, completely worked up.

"Were you saying something?" I asked, inching closer.

For the first time, Theo focuses on me and never wavers. Not even when I bite my lower lip and gaze up at him with doe eyes. Something sparks inside of me and I wonder what it would be like to have him fully submit himself to me. To have him trembling beneath m—

"Theo wants to talk to you," Skye speaks for him and I find myself thinking.

"You can't ask me yourself?" I turn to Theo, who is now, slightly feeling embarrassed having this conversation in front of other people. Blood rushes to his neck and ears and I triumphantly scream inside.

"Do I make you nervous, Theo?"

He blinks, wavering. "N-no, of course not," He mumbles but more to himself than to me. "I just don't want to discuss this matter publicly."

"Um, okay, you two — we're gonna go grab some food." Skye clears her throat and drags Jade away, leaving Theo and me behind a truck and a massive Oak tree.

From where we stood, we could see the city lights and the skyline from above. The wind harshly brushes the strands of curls away from my face and down my bare shoulders as Theo buries his hands in his jacket.

I decide to wait for him to speak but when I know he won't be talking anytime soon, I initiate.

"So... you wanted to talk about something?" I begin by tilting my head to the side to better see his side profile. I have to force my gaze to remain fixed on his eyes rather than his full, rosy lips.

He snaps back to reality. "Oh, uh- yeah, we need to talk..."

Exhaling, I tap my foot on a pebble. "Okay..."

"I'm sorry about what happened," he starts and I listen. "I didn't mean to get you involved, and she..." Theo frowns, vividly recalling memories. "She forced her way into the boy's waiting room while I was changing."

The furrow between his eyes deepened the more he talks about it. "And the next thing I know, she wouldn't get off of me and I told her to... but she wouldn't."

"Theo..." I say his name softly, as though it were fragile. He has the same gleaming eyes as me. Like a newborn being welcomed into the world. You don't know whether it's from pure joy, or fear that the nine months spent in a mother's womb has finally reached an end.

And when I look at Theo I get the same feeling as a mother would her child. Protective and possessive. Like you want to shield it from the world and its harsh realities.

"You have nothing to apologize for," I tell him. "I did what anyone should've done."

Theo sniffles, but not from crying, but from the vigorous wind slapping against our cheeks.

"What do you plan to do now?" I ask, the tone just above a whisper. "She should never be able to walk around freely, let alone do the same thing to someone else."

Theo leans against the truck, mulling over my words. I let him because I understand. It's difficult to let people in, even those you'd like to learn more about. Guilt, on the other hand, steals through me, knowing what I've already asked.

"I don't want to make this any bigger," Theo muffles, drawing my attention. In response, my mouth parts. "I spoke with Elle, and she has already apologized. She deeply regrets it and promised to stay away."

This can't be it.

"And you're fine with that?" I'm at loss for words. "You're letting her get away so easily, Theo. If she can do it to you, she can do it to anyone far less powerful," I rake a hand across my face. I shouldn't have to explain justice to someone far more intelligent than me, but here I am.

"What she did isn't okay..." My voice almost breaks for him. "You know it."

Theo's eyes narrow and he lowers his head. "I want to forget this ever happened." He stands back on his toes, meeting my furious eyes.

I scoff, following suit. "What? Are you serious?"

"I just wanted to thank you for..." He looks into the distance before looking back at me, "helping."

"Helping?" I say in disbelief. "I risked myself for you, Theo. I could've gotten kicked out for standing up and being a decent human being—"

"I didn't ask you to," Theo says so casually it makes my blood boil. "Elle... she's... she's a family friend. We grew up together."

I'm utterly speechless.

"This cannot be happening," I shake my head, chuckling humorlessly. I didn't come here expecting things to go so wrong that it ruined my entire night. The most frustrating aspect is that there is nothing I can do about it. It was all up to Theo and I expected him to be wise enough to take action.

Before facing him, I took a deep breath. "Alright, fine. I tried my best." I give up, nodding, "I think we're done here."

I walk back in the direction of the street with an annoyed look as Theo calls out behind me;

"Where are you going?"

"To clear my head."

new vote goal? 245 for the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 16.9K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
91.4K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
7K 90 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
1.6K 45 22
Your walking through the school halls, head down as usual. Books clamped tightly to your chest and glasses sliding down your nose. Suddenly, a huge w...