Age of Glory | Pietro Maximoff

By SaveTheBrooklynBoys

AGE OF GLORY Book One · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · "Pietro," Wanda whispers to him in Sokovian, "Pietro, come back. Dear... More

Prologue: You Didn't See That Coming
Chapter One: Show Me A Hero, And I'll Write You A Tragedy
Chapter Two: So When I Say This Looks Bad, I Promise You It Feels Worse
Chapter Three: I Thought I Knew Those Lies I Was Telling
Chapter Four: You Amazingly Failed
Chapter Five: You Know What It's Like To Be Unmade?
Chapter Six: I Have A Little Picture
Chapter Seven: I Have No Place In The World
Chapter Seven ½: Days of Future Past
Chapter Eight: I Adore You
Chapter Ten: Trust My Rage
Chapter Eleven: I Still Believe In Heroes
Chapter Twelve: Семья (Family)
Chapter Thirteen: Goodbye, My Darling
Chapter Fourteen: We Create Our Own Demons
Chapter Fifteen: We Have An Enhanced In The Field
Chapter Sixteen: 12 Minutes Older
Author's Note: HELP!
Chapter Seventeen: With Great Power
Chapter Eighteen: While I Live And Until I Die
Chapter Nineteen: O Captain! My Captain!
Chapter Twenty: Higher, Further, Faster, More
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Bringing The Party To You
Chapter Twenty-Two: Not Just Pain And Anger
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Right Partner
Chapter Twenty-Four: Not When She Owes Me A Dance
Author's Note: NEW STORY!
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tear Them Apart From The Inside
Chapter Twenty-Six: Hope - I'll Take That From Them First
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I Don't Want Your Future
Chapter Twenty-Eight: She Always Amazes Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Just Because Someone Stumbles
Chapter Thirty: The Price Of Freedom Is High
Author's Note: CONTINUE?
Chapter Thirty-One: To Make A Difference
Chapter Thirty-Two: Prison Break? That's Illegal, You Know
Chapter Thirty-Three: You Keep Waiting For The Dust To Settle
Chapter Thirty-Four: Walk It Off
Chapter Thirty-Five: There Are No Other Options
Chapter Thirty-Six: We Win
Chapter Thirty-Seven: What Makes It Precious Is That It Ends
Chapter Thirty-Eight: And We Will Be The Stars We Were Always Meant To Be
Chapter Thirty-Nine: We Have To Be Greater Than What We Suffer
Chapter Forty: The One Thing I Can't Live Without
Epilogue: It's Like Christmas
Author's Note: AGE OF DARKNESS IS UP

Chapter Nine: A Thing Isn't Beautiful Because It Lasts

7.4K 315 112
By SaveTheBrooklynBoys

Hey guys!

The picture is Vlad. :) Enjoy!

Love and Light,
~Save_Pietro_Maximoff

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

Picture is Colin Morgan by unknown.

Music is "Time" by Hans Zimmer from the Inception OST cover by Alvarez Guitars.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts." ~Vision

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER NINE

Before you say anything, get your mind out of the gutter. The only thing that happened last night was kissing and cuddling.

The next morning sucked. I never wanted to get out of bed, away from Pietro's tender, loving arms. I was warm for once, safe, and comfortable.

But duty calls.

I was almost ready to head out the door, cup of coffee in hand and backpack thrown over my shoulder, when a blue whirl comes to stand in front of me. Pietro looks barely awake, skidding to a stop. "Where are you going?" he asks, rubbing his eyes. His sleepy voice is... so sexy. It's deeper than normal, and his Sokovian accent makes it that much more enthralling.

"I have school," I groan. "It's Monday."

Pietro's face falls. "So you have to leave?"

I sigh, giving him a half smile. "I do. Sadly. I don't want to." I edge closer to him and wrap my arms around his torso. "I want to stay with you."

Pietro is quick to close his arms around me. "I want you to stay, too."

"I'll be home soon. Okay? Don't get too bored without me." I pull away and give him a smile.

I turn to walk out the door, getting halfway to my car before Pietro runs up behind me, turns me around, and kisses me. Gently, but with a little more passion. He's sure of himself now. I kiss him back, nearly dropping everything I have in my hands to grab ahold of him.

And just like he came, he pulls back and opens my car door for me. I settle in and start it. "I'll miss you," I tell him.

He grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles. "I will miss you, too, Возлюбленная."

"Возлюбленная is 'sweetheart', right?"

He nods. "Told you I would teach you."

I pull him down for a kiss. "We taught each other."

Before I tackle the poor boy back into my house, I drive myself to school.

The day drags by, one boring class after another. Now, I like school. I love learning, and I have a great group of friends, but nothing is as thrilling as the superhero waiting at home for me.

At lunch break, I meet up with my G-Men. The only one missing is Arry. He's off in Drama class.

Vlad sits down with a thud at the table. His face looks grumpy. "What's wrong, Drac?" I ask.

He groans and let's his head fall onto the table. "I hate life."

I chuckle. "Which girl is it this time?" Vlad's a nice boy, and being nice gets him a lot of attention from the fairer sex.

"Brianne, Brianna, Bree, I don't remember. She's being a bitch."

"Language," I scold, as Cordelia sits down beside me. You may be wondering where Aspen is. Well, lucky twat already graduated early... with honors!

My phone buzzes in my pocket, makingme jump. I pull it out, looking at the caller ID.

BLOCKED NUMBER.

"Well, well, who could that be?" Cordelia asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Douche bag number one, probably," Vlad comments.

"There's a number two?"

I hang up the phone while the banter back and forth. Gregory Killbane. The thought of the name makes my stomach upset. Vlad must see it in my face. "You okay, Morning Glory?"

I shake my head no. "I don't feel good."

"Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" Cordelia gets up, offering me a hand.

"No," I wave her off, starting to feel green. "It'll pass. Must be something I ate." I get up to throw my trash away, only to trip over something on the floor that I could swear was a few feet away.

I land on the floor in a crack. My head is spinning, and my throat feels like it's swelling shut. "Glory?" Vlad jumps over the table to help me up. "You clumsy thing, are you okay?"

"It's my vision," I whisper, not wanting anyone else, including Cordelia, to hear. No one knows about my depth perception problem except Vlad. He's the one who got me help in the first place.

I have this weird condition were the optic nerves in my eye aren't aligned and aren't the number that they should be. This causes me to sometimes not be able to see in 3D. Sometimes my vision is blurry 2D, and I have a hard time judging if an item is just small and near, or large and very far away. There is no treatment, I just have to live with it.

"Your depth thing again?" Vlad asks, and I nod. "Let's get you to the nurses office. Maybe she'll send you home. You need some rest."

I can't do anything other than agree with him. This has happened a few times before. The poor nurse has me written down for the issue, and every time I come to her, she knows exactly what to do.

When we get to the nurses office, the middle aged, African American woman looks at me and just sighs. "Poor thing. Your eyes again, is it?"

I nod as Vlad helps me sit down. "She fell in the cafeteria over something she thought was a while away."

The nurse shakes her head sadly. "You okay, baby? Did you hit your head?"

I shake my head. "I just feel dizzy and a little sick."

"She almost threw up," Vlad corrects.

After the nurse looks me over, she hands me some pills, tells me to go home and get some rest, and offers me my cell phone to call someone to take me home. "Listen honey," she says. "If this gets any worse, you may need to see a doctor about surgery. If not, it may keep getting worse. You may not be able to drive if it's too hindering."

I nod and step away into the hall to call my home phone. Pietro picks up on the first ring. "Glory?" His voice makes me relax a little.

"Hey, Pietro," I say, forcing a smile. "I need a favor."

"What is it, Возлюбленная?"

"I need you to um... run up here to my school. I can't drive myself home." My eyes start to water at everything happening. Gregory's call set me on edge, my eyesight is acting up, Pietro might be leaving soon, and I love him.

"You cannot drive?" he asks, worriedly. "What has happened? Are you hurt?"

"Calm down, Pietro. I'll explain when you get here. Can you still run?"

"Yes. I will be there in five minutes."

"Okay, thank you."

"Of course." He hangs up without another word.

"Will someone be coming to get you, baby?" the nurse asks.

I nod, whiping my eyes from the water in them. "Yeah. My friend. He'll be here in a couple minutes."

The nurse smiles at me and hangs me a tissue. "Don't be too hard on yourself, honey. It'll be alright."

I smile at her. Sometimes it's a huge relief to hear someone tell you it's going to be okay when you think the world around you is caving in.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

By the time Pietro gets here, and pulls up my car to the curb, Vlad has walked me out to the bench. I told him to not be late for class, that I would be fine. With a kiss to the forehead and sneaking me his pack of cigs, he said, "Get rid of them for me?"

I smile and nod, thanking him.

Pietro isn't very talkative when he he arrives. He jumps out of the car, trying to move at a normal pace in public, and scoops me up in his arms. His face buries in my hair.

I return the affection all to easily, wrapping my arms around his waist and letting my head fall to his chest. "Thank you for coming, Pietro."

He pulls back and looks me over. "Are you okay?"

I gently place my hand to his cheek, and say, "I'm fine. Just a little dizzy."

"They would not send you home for dizzy," Pietro states. "Tell me what is wrong."

"When we get home. It's private," I say.

Pietro nods and helps me to the car, treating me like breakable cargo. Every bump in the road he looks over to me to be certain that I haven't broken apart, like stained glass.

"Pietro, I swear if you look at me that worried again before we get home-"

"Da, da, I will stop," he says, turning his gaze towards the road.

I lean my head onto his shoulder for the remainder of the trip.

When we get home, Pietro gets out and is at my door in a flash. He carries me into the house, and lets me rest on my bed. Closing the blinds and cutting off the lights, it looks to be night.

He comes to lay beside me on the bed, keeping a couple inches between us. "How are you feeling?"

I shrug. I can't tell if he's close or far away right now, but other than that, my ex calling, falling for him, and his imminent departure, I'm just great!

"Tell me, Возлюбленная," he asks, rubbing my side, comforting me.

I sigh. "I've had this eyesight condition for a while. It causes me to not be able to tell if something is near or far, or its size," I tell him. He lays next to me, listening, rubbing soothing circles on my spine. "Sometimes it gets worse, and today was one of those days."

"Is that why you have hand rails and lights all along your hallways?"

I nod. "In the dark, I can barely see a thing unless it's," I point to him, "this close."

Pietro looks down. "Why did you not tell me this earlier?"

"Well, it's not exactly a conversation starter. 'Hi, I'm Gloria Northern, and I'm practically blind sometimes!'" I lean my head onto his chest. "Seriously though? Because I knew you'd do this."

"Do what?"

"Think I'm weak or fragile. You worry too much."

"I care," he states, simply.

"I know, but I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. I have for a couple years now."

He nods. "Let me take care of you?"

I sigh. "Okay. There's one more thing you should know before it becomes a problem."

"I am listening," he whispers softly.

"My ex, Gregory Killbane, he keeps trying to call me. He keeps saying he wants to see me in person, and of course, I keep telling him to go to hell." Pietro smiles at that. "I swear to Frigga, if he shows up here-"

"-I will kill him," Pietro finishes.

"No," I order. "No killing. I just figured you should know, because... well, just because."

Pietro smiles at me. "Thank you for telling me, about everything." He leans in and kisses me softly. "Now, get some rest. You need it."

I nod, not arguing at all as Pietro wraps us both in warm blankets and sooths me to sleep.

END CHAPTER NINE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...
15.9K 402 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...
337K 8.1K 96
"All my life I've been called a monster. But when I met you, you showed me otherwise." Iron man 2-Avengers: Endgame I DO NOT OWN ANY MARVEL CHARACT...
154K 4.8K 29
"Y/N, you're not a monster." A monster? He had no idea. That's how Y/N liked it and that was how it was going to stay. He would stay clueless. ----~(...