๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๏ฟฝ...

By k4toon

โ—Ÿโ—ฆโž˜โ— ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹ โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต -- vi... More

๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐— ๐–บ ๐—„๐—‚๐—Œ๐—Œ, ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‹๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—Ž๐—‡
๐—‰๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ. the victor
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ
๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ. a deadly punch in the gut
๐—๐—๐—ˆ. the capitols princess
๐—๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ. search for allies
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—๐–พ. we chose to kill
๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘. welcome to the show
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. a rebellious act
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—. the beginning of the end?
๐—‡๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ. sacrifices
๐—๐–พ๐—‡. i love you anyway
๐–พ๐—…๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. you were right
๐—๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—๐–พ. focus on me
๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. showdown
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐—ˆ
๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. shatters
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐–ฟ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. what is the truth?
๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. stay calm
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. don't lie to me
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. none of it is real

๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹. an exquisite entrance

2.3K 52 7
By k4toon

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 004 , an exquisite entrance

   It was awful. Nova had never missed any of this. Many would consider it a privilege, but she loathed it. It reminded her of the first time she was here. Sentenced to death.

Her stylist team was a different one from the one for her first games. It was an odd duo.

Gloria, a woman with fiery rose hair which was pinned up sat next to Nova and plucked her eyebrows with tweezers.

The woman's voice was shrill and she was giggling the whole time while exchanging the latest gossip with Calydio.

Calydio was a short man who's face was fully tattooed with golden clefs that accentuated his olive colored skin.

He gathered up the pile of empty lotions and hairsprays they had used to prep the girl from District Two.

Nova couldn't stand the two of them. Neither their overly happy manner nor the way they simply ignored the girl. As if she were air.

"Ouch. Can you focus already, please?" Nova complained, her nerves all over the place. Gloria had already plucked at Nova's skin for the second time instead of her brows, causing a reddish spot to appear.

"Stop whining, cutie. Don't you want to look pretty?" Gloria went back into a conversation with Calydio about the newest fashion trends, making Nova growing more annoyed, but she bit her tongue and swallowed the upcoming insults down.

Two hours later, the ordeal was finally finished and Nova felt like a rumpled chicken.

Gloria clapped her hands and smiled. "Now you're looking presentable."

The door opened and an elderly lady, perhaps around fifty, entered the room.

"Perla!" Nova felt relieved seeing a person she knew and actually could stand.

She quickly hushed the stylists out of the room.

The woman wore a golden robe with an elegant hem, covered with glimmering diamonds. Her eyes were covered with blue eye shadow and her lips shimmered in the light like stardust.

Nova threw her arms around the woman and hugged her tightly. "Hey Honey," Perla murmured, pressing a peck on the girl's cheek left and right.

"Look at you. You grew so much. I didn't think I'd ever see you here again."

"Me neither," Nova admitted, letting go of the elderly and picking her lips.

Perla had been Nova's stylist for the 69th Hunger Games. During that time, the lady had taken the little, then innocent, girl to her heart.

Perla knew she could express her sympathy to the young woman, but she also knew it wouldn't change the situation. Instead, she grinned wryly at Nova and pulled her along by the hand.

"Close your eyes."

Nova tilted her head. "Why?"

"Just do it."

Seeing no point in arguing any further the girl closed her eyes.

It rustled for a while and then someone tapped Nova's hand.

The young woman opened her eyes and was astonished.

Perla held a dark red dress in her hand, which was covered with shiny rubies on the skirt. The rubies looked like little flames, devouring the dress.

The dress was puffy and went just below the knees, and was framed with velvet. Towards the chest, the dress became a lighter shade of red, until finally it got silver.

On the cleavage were silver stones in the shape of lightning bolts, representing District 2.

Her mouth fell open and completely impressed the brunette reached for the dress and let it slip through her fingers. The fabric was soft and thin, but it had several layers.

"Wow. That's a really beautiful dress," she breathed, making Perla chuckle. "Go on. Try it on."

After a good hour, the makeover was finished. Perla looked at her work with a satisfied smile and scurried Nova to the mirror.

Looking at her reflection, Nova's eyes sparkled joyfully. She looked exquisite.

The dress gently clung to her body like a second layer of skin, accentuating her curves. She wore silver bangles that had little lightning bolts carved into them.

She had mascara on and a glittery lip gloss, which made her lips look more juicy. As eyeliner served little silver stones, which emphasized her honey brown eyes.

Her hair was straightened and fell over her back like a waterfall. Strands of glitter hung sporadically in it and some more tiny rubies.

Speechless Nova hugged her stylist. "You did a great job, as always. Thank you so much."

Perla straightened Nova's dress and put her soft hand on her cheek.

"Promise me one thing, yeah honey? You'll get back at Snow. He wants to talk about power? Then let's give him power."

Nova took the elevator to the first floor, where the tributes and their chariots waited in a huge hall for the opening ceremony.

She remembered the time she was here for the first time. Back then, all the tributes were at their own chariot and avoided contact with other tributes at all costs, but this year was different.

After all, all the tributes knew each other. Or at least almost all of them.

"Supernova!"

Hastily, Nova turned around, a big grin plastered on her lips. There were only two people who called Nova by that nickname. Her little sister and—

"Johanna!" the brunette called back, almost being tackled to the ground by her best friend.

"Woah watch out. If you ruin my outfit Perla will kill me," Nova scolded amused and took a look at Johanna's outfit until she burst out laughing.

"Going for the more natural look?"

Johanna groaned in frustration and glanced sourly at Nova.

"I got the dumbest stylist in the whole Capitol. She's been staffing our tributes as trees for forty years. It's hideous."

"Indeed," Nova returned, earning a punch to her arm.

"Do you think I could borrow your stylist? You look like a walking dream," the smaller girl said in awe.

Nova shook her head in disapproval. "Why would you even ask that? I think the tree style suits you."

Johanna lunged to punch Nova's shoulder again, but the taller girl quickly dodged.

"That was mean," Johanna frowned, wiping away a fake tear. "Don't wipe away your tears," Nova said. "You need the water to grow a few more inches."

Johanna clenched her jaw and scoffed offended.

"Yeah, that's it. You're dead to me, Jailey."

With these words, Johanna tossed her hair, which was tied in a high ponytail, over her shoulder and strutted off without turning around again.

Shaking her head, Nova looked after the girl from District Seven as someone stopped to stand next to her.

"What did you do this time?"

Nova whipped around her head at the familiar husky voice.

"Nothing. Why would you think I was the one to do anything?" she countered back, raising her eyebrows.

Her brown eyes were bigger than usual and an innocent glance was laying in them, but the bronze haired boy knew better.

"Don't look at me like that."

Nova batted her eyes at him and tilted her head to the right. "What do you mean?"

The boy gave her an are-you-being-serious-look before hugging her in greeting.

"It's good to see you," he muttered, his hot breath hitting her neck.

"You too, though I wish it were under different circumstances."

The boy chuckled low and ran his hand through his disheveled hair. "Yeah. How have you been?"

"Pretty good, besides the usual stuff."

He knew what the girl was talking about and clicked his tongue. "Do you think we would have been free at some point?"

Nova sighed, not liking the serious topic. "I'll guess we never get to know now, do we?"

"Nova! Finnick! How are you two doing?" The voice of Haymitch Abernathy interrupted the conversation.

Haymitch was the mentor of the Tributes from District Twelve. Nova had spoken with him a few times, but it was always just small talk. That's why she was confused about why the man addressed the two.

"Good," Finnick replied curtly, a friendly smile tugging at his lips.

"What's up?" Nova asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

Haymitch observed his surroundings carefully, before he began talking in a lower voice.

"Before I explain the plan, I have a question for you." He paused briefly, weighing whether the two would agree with him or not. "My Tributes want you guys as allies. Do you agree?"

Nova turned her head towards Finnick, but he was already looking at her, waiting for her response. She knew whatever she said he would follow.

Katniss was the fire that Panem needed to inflame new hope. She was a new chance to overthrow the Capitol and get revenge on Snow for everything he did.

Nova was aware of her decision. "Sure. I'm in."

"Guess I'm in then, too," Finnick added.

Haymitch nodded satisfied and explained the plan to them. The plan sounded pretty dangerous and full of holes, but there was still a chance to actually get this through with; and that was what mattered to Nova and Finnick.

Finnick shoved a sugar cube into his mouth and chewed it. The ghastly sound gave Nova goosebumps. "Got it," the bronze haired boy replied.

Haymitch turned away from the two, but then something seemed to occur to him. "Here. Take these."

Nova looked down at the two gold bracelets that were in Haymitch's hand and took one. It was a little too big for her wrist. "For what?"

"You two are Career Tributes. Katniss will not trust you at all. Take the bracelets as a sign of alliance."

With that, the older man left the young tributes and completed his little 'survey'.

Nova looked after him and saw Katniss out of the corner of her eye. The girl was standing in front of her black horse, petting it while looking around bored.

"Have you talked to her before?"

Finnick shook his head. "No, but I will now. I'll keep you updated."

He said his farewells to Nova, before walking over to the girl from Twelve.

Nova decided to go forward to her own chariot, where James was already patiently waiting for the ceremony to begin.

He wore an elegant suit, the colors the same as Nova's. He wore silver earrings, each with a lightning pendant, and his hair was full of glitter.

"You know, at least we don't have to prepare those poor children for The Games," James murmured, sliding his fingers through the horse's mane.

He was right.

It was horrible to teach the children. Nova formed a bond with the younger tributes every time and it hurt her to have to send them to the arena afterwards.

It was horrific to watch the children being murdered and these sights would haunt you forever.

To feel guilty that they maybe were not trained enough. That you should have done more to get sponsors for them.

Loud drumming began and announced the opening ceremony.

"It's showtime." Nova stood next to James on the chariot and straightened her dress as the ceremony began.

Without words, Nova's and James' hands found each other, facing the challenge together.

Their chariot rolled out into the dusk and loud shouting broke out. Neither of the two tributes from District Two reacted, instead they stared straight ahead, paying no attention to the people of the Capitol.

They did not deserve any attention.

Nova's gaze fell on President Snow, who was standing on his balcony watching the spectacle. He can observe well, very well, but what else is there that he can?

His piercing blue eyes starred into Nova's honey ones and he cocked his head, a taunting smile on his lips.

Anger— no hatred bubbled up inside Nova. How dare he smile. His time will come and he will pay. That's something the young woman will make sure.

She looked at him dismissively, as if he were an annoying insect. Her eyes focused on a spot in the distance, her head raised self-consciously.

She heard Caesar Flickerman marvel and the crowd began chanting Katniss' name. Nova knew that the 'girl on fire' must have made her comeback. A clear sign towards Snow and Nova can't help but grin proudly for a moment.

It's only a matter of time before the fire gets close enough to melt the snow.

The chariot turned into the traffic circle of the central square, drove one lap and then came to a stop. Snow welcomed them all to the Quarter Quell and then gave one of his typical speeches.

✰ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !! —

i want to show you guys the dress i imagine so bad but i can't draw for life, so it's kinda up to you to imagine it. will nova actually team up with katniss and peeta or is it just an act?

reminder for you to stay hydrated and take medications if you need any. take care of yourself honey xx

don't forget to comment below what you think of this chapter. feedback and votes are appreciated.

— 𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 !! ✰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 205 35
๐“๐‡๐„๐˜'๐‹๐‹ ๐‰๐”๐Œ๐ ๐Ž๐…๐… ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐‹๐„๐ƒ๐†๐„ ๐“๐Ž๐†๐„๐“๐‡๐„๐‘. What District 2 victor, Saffron Creek, and prodigy, Finnick Odair, share is the v...
192K 6K 38
๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐€๐ซ๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐ฒ๐ค๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š๐ง ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
630K 15.5K 42
โ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜บ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐€๐๐Ž๐’๐“๐‘๐Ž๐๐‡๐„ โž ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *. ๐…๐ˆ๐๏ฟฝ...
514K 12.3K 22
โYou want me to babysit them for you?โž โA little bit of blood is the least of my worries.โž โI don't care how well I do, I don't care if I get hurt or...