The Legendary Forest

Por legendaryfever

How far will you go to bring peace to your kingdom? How far will you go to protect your newly beloved? ~~ Whe... Más

Main Characters and Other Info
Rewrite Chapter 1
Rewrite Chapter 2
Rewrite Chapter 3
Rewrite Chapter 4
Rewrite Chapter 5:
Rewrite Chapter 6
Rewrite Chapter 7
Rewrite Chapter 8
Rewrite Chapter 9
Rewrite Chapter 10
Rewrite 11
Rewrite Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Rewrite
Chapter 14 Rewrite
Chapter 15 Rewrite
Chapter 16 Rewrite
Chapter 17 Rewrite
Rewrite Chapter 18
19 rewrite
A Flash to the Past
Rewrite Chapter 20
Rewrite chapter 21
Rewrite Chapter 22
Rewrite Chapter 23
~Part 2~
NL: Chapter 1
NL: Chapter 2
NL: Chapter 3
NL: Chapter 4
NL: Chapter 5
NL: Chapter 6
NL: Chapter 7
NL: Chapter 8
NL: Chapter 9
NL: Chapter 10
NL: 11
NL 12
NL 13
NL: 14
NL: 15
NL: 17
NL: 18
NL 19
NL 20
Legendary Forest Chronicles PART 3

NL: 16

0 0 0
Por legendaryfever

Saving a Queen

        Darkness rose across the sky.
Shadows flickers in and out.
Voices screamed that they could be trapped with darkness once again.
Everyone knew what they must do, LEAVE.

The reedins however, were at the highest floor of the kingdom where a princess and her knight stayed.

Unfortunately, a shadowed soul arrived to see them.  Not only was it a trick, but it also caused the downfall.

The shadow casted a beam of darkness at Novaliera.  Unknownst that the kingdom and she could become with darkness this way.

Darkness expands and overwhelms the kingdom.  Above the sky thunder and lightning strikes.  These dark clouds consumes Esperon while chaos began to emerge. 
       Before too long spirits and those of darkness and shadows enter.  Everyone was in danger and had to leave if they wanted to survive.

Novaliera cried in agony as the darkness hit her.  She felt emerse amount of pain and shadows flood to her hair.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" Nakosir cried out and pulled her close.  "Whatever you do, don't give in.  You'll be okay.  Just think about your mother and your brother.  You will see them soon, just don't give in the darkness!" He exclaimed.

The reedins stood there almost smiling, "Karma... For arrogance."

"I.. I can't.  Help..." She cried out, "It's strong.  I can't move... It's... It's cold, so cold and I---"

"Reedins!" Nakosir shouted and hissed, "You dirty son of a cre---"

"Ah uh ah, would that really be appropriate especially for the princess' knight?  You will subject Her Highness from hearing such vulgar language."

Nakosir scoffed, "I hope you choke on a male's pike and jewels.  Oh I hope you are unable to withstand adultery again." His words were full of malice.

"Screw t--" but Nakosir interrupted him.

"Oh but I thought we shouldn't speak vulgarly in front of Her Highness." Nakosir stated as he held his sword ready to protect her.  He had to watch for every movement.

But he knew as he glanced to the windows that the sky was full of darkness.  He was at risk of turning into a shadow by staying but he didn't care.  He had to stayAnd everyone else must leave.

So with his other hand he type a quick message to his sister then both Niderudion and the Queen.

He hoped Narissa would come and help everyone escape.  Knowing her, she would.

"Whatever you do I won't let you leave!  Shadow assist me!  Darken both of their hearts!" The reedin cried out.

Nakosir held his sword out and was ready for anything.  His sword could fight up against anything brought his way.  He has done this before many time so why should it be different.  He would do it until all those in the kingdom's area would be darkness.  He would until his sister gets everyone out.

"Nako.. si..zerci leave!  Save yourself.  I'm doomed.  Please live.  The shadows.. I can't resist.." Novaliera cried out weakly. 
       Tears poured out of her eyes.  Her hair, azure blue was now turning awfully dark like the midnight shadows.

So dense, so thick, and unable to see past the darkened form.  Any previous will now be taken over.  It was like a swan turned raven.  Once a princeess now a mere darkened shadow.

     "Nakosir thank you for everything.  I'm sorry but I have to go I.. I don't know how long it will be or..." Her voice started breaking and fading away,
     "or when I can snap back into consciousness so... so goodbye for now... Because I actually really... I... actually really l..."

Her words faded away...

~~~

Naricelissa ran as fast as her feet carried her.  She ran through the trees and past any darkened soul that she once would have stayed to fight.
But not this time, she had to help Esperon.

She had to go.

She spend through the forest, taking every shortcut and mystery she knew.  She took fastest routes to get there.

So when she arrived at the outskirts of Esperon, she was glad it only took an hour instead of the usual 2 hours.

When she entered the kingdom, she was met with a dark, cool front.

She then rushed into the kingdom, helping everyone and getting all she could out of the kingdom.

And even with the disguise on, all knew it was her: the selfless girl in poverty who was known to live with a sister.

She fought darkness and any Reedins that tried to prevent them from leaving.  She thought to herself, ha, they really are trying to do this.

She held her blades against some stray reedins who tried to prevent anyone from leaving.

They stared at her with malicious intent, but she also had the same look.

She drove her blades into them and yelled for everyone, "YOU MUST LEAVE! This way to the forest!  Once everyone is out I'll meet you there, but stay together and go to ELEMENTAL!"

She helped every Esperon become safe.  Scarred families were too nervous to leave their homes.  Children were stuck, too, in debris to be able to leave the forest.  Some were trapped between Reedins preventing them to do anything.
        Esperon soldiers tried staying behind refusing to leave unless given a proper order.  Others huddled together slowly inching their way towards the forest.

But it was all useless until Naricelissa appeared.  She eased their troubled souls.  She brought them from their homes into the forest.  She got the reedins away from them. 

She stopped the reedins fromt trying to prevent anything.  She helps children and wondering Esperons unsure what to do.  Her friends and more than those she knew were safe.

"Nasima!" Naricelissa saw her sister, "Thank goodness you're safe!  I was so worried.  Make sure everyone knows how to get to Elemental.  Stay in the forest and don't come back here.  Guide everyone for me please!"

Nasima nodded, "You're coming too, right?  I will see you again.  Don't think about sacrificing yourself.  If you can't save everyone that's okay... You did your best but if time is close leave!" She put her hands together.

Naricelissa nodded, "..I saved all but a few.  But I still haven't seen Nako."

Nasima was determined, "Find him and meet me out here, don't fail."

"I won't." She told her and began to head towards the castle.

Everyone she saw was safe at the forest.  All except for the soldiers that refuse to leave their post.

"Come on!" She urged them in the chaos while the world was getting darker by second,
     "You have to leave!  If you don't, you risk turning into shadows and become uncontrollable.  Then you might go against His Highness or Her Majesty!"

The soldiers stopped for a second but still continued to go, "We have to.  If we break protocol then our lives will be at risk for breaking it.  We can forfeit everything we cared for and die if we ever do something like that."

"What?!  But that's so extreme..." Naricelissa frowned, "Protocol is important but this is an emergency!"

"Well you can thank His Highness for making sure it was in place.  It was his idea.  Not Her Majesty, not His Highness' sister Her Highness, but Prince Niderudion who hasn't been seen in months..." The soldiers told the girl bitterly.

"Isn't there anyone that could relieve you from your post!?" She looked around urgently,
     "Can't the princess do that?  Maybe if I save the princess and get her out here then maybe-"

The soldiers shrugged, "Perhaps she could.  But it was actually that knight of theirs and Her Majesty who made sure I am here."

Naricelissa couldn't believe their words.  She then gave them a determined look, "Listen I will save every one of you!  No one will be left behind!  No one." She emphasized, "I will make sure you are saved.  The knight of theirs is my brother!" She exclaimed to the soldiers,
    "Nakosir Deveria, personal knight of the prince and princess!  I, Naricelissa Deveria first daughter of Kaizo and Vanra dismisses you from your post and any punishment you get from leaving I will take in your stead!"

The soldiers looked at her in amazed, "Really?  Thank you miss.  I never met any of his sisters.  I didn't know it was you.  You're that girl that helps everyone around and I just wa--"

She shushed them, "Go!  Thank me later when everyone is safe."

One soldier spoke up, "Not everyone is safe.  The princess and your brother are still inside.  I don't know why they are still there.  I would have assumed they would be the first to been brought to safety but it seems as if someone is compromising the way out." The soldiers then headed out of the kingdom.

She broke in the castle for the second time.  No one was around.  But she was just tracking her brother's Lervizon to see where he was.

She had her blades out prepared for everything.  She had a feeling they were up against something dangerous that prevented them from leaving... No she knew it.

It was so obvious.

A shadow came to them and attacked her.  This kingdom was turning into darkness.  She then worried about Niderudion.

How could she tell him his sister was turned into a shadow?  Everything he did to leave his kingdom to protect her would be going to a waste.  She has to be okay still.  She has to.

Would her being influenced by Darkness affect her brother at all?

Naricelissa hoped not.

She kept running past halls with both of her blades out.  She kept following where the darkness was the strongest.

It was then she got to an area that the darkness was so thick.  She said a spell that mimicked a Narvidian Light and proceeded forward with caution.

She had to make sure none of the attackers would figure out she was there.  That way her special move along with the element of surprise would come in handy.

Then she saw them.

Princess Novaliera seemed to be unconscious on the ground, but Nakosir was still protecting her.

Her hair and aura seemed to be dimmed and darkened.

"I find it absolutely hilarious that she the princess told you to leave but here you still are." A reedins spoke,
      "You refuse to leave her behind.  Now not only will I have her as a shadow to control, but you also."

Naricelissa heard her brother scoffed, "But I am distracting you here while everyone else escapes.  I know you were hoping for a whole army but you don't get that."

The reedins hissed "Why you... At least you are strong as hundreds of armies!"

Nakosir then laughed, "The funniest part of all of this is that I can't be controlled nor given in to darkness.  I don't have a soul." He grinned.
      "I made a deal and now without a soul with me, you cannot make me do what you wish."

They were mad and upset, "WHAT!  What deal!?  Show me where I can get it!"

Nakosir shrugged, "I wouldn't know."

At that moment, she jumped down and made one quick move.  She purified the shadow with the mimic of Narvidian Light and slashed many of the reedins.  The ones that remained alive had her blades up to their necks.

"Brother!" She exclaimed, "Why haven't you left and killed these fools?"

Nakosir shrugged, "I see you got my message.  I was hoping you would come straight here if you weren't already.  Complications were made when they shot the shadow beam at the princess." He lowered his head,
       "I failed to stop it.  However, you and I cannot become one of the slaves of darkness.  Our souls are not with us to absorb shadows."

Naricelissa frowned, "Still if you leave now, she probably can be saved!  If Nideru finds out that his sister was turned to shadows what do you think is going to happen?  What then, everything we planned was all for nothing?"

Nakosir chuckled, "Oh are you afraid what he is going to do to you if he finds out?  Say I wonder what will happen once she finds out...." He said mysteriously. 
        "I'm just more surprised that you are actually worried for her.  If you are, it's one-sided.  Unless you are doing it to please your boyfriend."

She stepped back, her blades still at the reedins' throats, "He's not--"

Nakosir gave her a look.  "Alright come on let's get out of here.  And finish off those freaks with me."

She grinned, "You bet I will."

After a short battle, there was blood from both parties everywhere.  They succeeded, but that didn't mean they weren't injured.  Naricelissa had acquired some cuts and bloodied wounds.  Nakosir had fresh scars and wounds as well.

Nakosir covered the princess in a coat and carried her out.

Once they left the castle, the place was like a darkened mad house.

"Nakosir!" Naricelissa suddenly remembered, "There were soldiers that refused to leave their post because of protocol--"

Nakosir widen his eyes, "Where are they?!"

Naricelissa shook their head, "I convinced them to leave by telling them I would take any punishment they would get for doing that.  I also mentioned you were my brother."

Nakosir sighed, "Oh phew.  So everyone else is safe?"

She nodded, "Yeah come on to Elemental."

"I am going to do a portal there.  Remember that spell that friend of ours taught us a long time ago?" He smiled whimsically.

Naricelissa couldn't remember but she often saw old memories that she assumed must had to be part of it, "Maybe...?  I don't remember, but I had dreams of things that had to be real that I never understood or remembered."

Nakosir smiled, "I get that sometimes too.  Well I'm going to do it, but I am going to have to stay behind and then go to Elemental on foot so the portal closes."

Naricelissa shook her head, "Actually you can go and I'll close to portal.  I'm not going there.  Besides if she wakes up and she doesn't see you, she might become frightened with people she hasn't seen before nor are close to."

Nakosir gave her a look, "I suppose you might be right in some regard.  But surely he is going to ask you things about what happened and how's his sister."

"Look! I'll handle it okay!" She said, avoiding his question because she knew she couldn't tell him anything and her brother was right.

He shook his head as he began to do the spell that lead to the kingdom.  Nakosir turned to his sister, "Now once you make the portal unusable run to Narvidia.  You have barely enough time until sunrise.  You spent too much time in Esperon."

She widen her eyes.  She miscalculated.  She didn't know she would spend that much time.

She cut the portal with both of her blades in a X soon after they left through it.

Now she had to hurry.

// Well that happened.... 😬
- Legend x\\

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

88 16 22
The Great War between the Nothern Kingdom of Adralis and The Southern Empire of Rhayda has lasted for centuries. With the royal family of Adralis kil...
44K 1.8K 60
"You need to understand this." He stepped closer, "I'm going to protect you Seraphina. Now and forever. Even if you choose to leave. You're someone I...
145 28 14
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
1.4K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...